Nintendo NX

Now that this has been confirmed lets talk theory.

If Nintendo had done this with the wii u like they should have instead of trying to jump on,the tablet gravy train what would have happened ?

I bought a wii u in march of 2014 and have often thiught how cool it would be to play 3ds games on the gamepad.

And i thought, these game droughts suck, if the 3ds library was on the wii u , i would never have droughts.

The wii u would be a 100 million seller if it absorbed the 3ds library.

The nx is going to sell 150 million life time.

Other urls found in this thread:

arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/04/20/nxs-software-output/
youtu.be/gvij1rqNnn4?t=6s
wsj.com/articles/pokemon-to-create-games-for-nintendos-next-system-1474371834
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Now that this has been confirmed

Except it hasn't.

just wait 5 hours before talk about your theories

Pokemon

But it's not. Emily Roger is a lying whore.

>Doesn't even have detachable controllers
Shit mockup m8

Gotta catch 'em all

This.
The attention whore has been wrong about a fuck tonne of things.

3ds is a completely different context though. The reason why wii u had droughts was a. it didn't have a monopoly in its own space b. it didn't have enough third party games to entice people "who just want to play skyrim" and c. the tablet just... isn't that justifiable even when games bother to use it

You can stay in denial all you want but don't get upset when all the rumors about NX turn out to be true.

I want to kiss Emily

you been smoking satan's lettuce user

arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/04/20/nxs-software-output/

holy shit

the nx is going to DESTROY the competition. Nintendomination will be real again. You can tell the sonyfags are getting more and more nervous as the days pass

Emily has always been wrong.

yeah, well lets see you do any f*cking better

Lol, you are getting mad now Cody.

Fucking retard.

I'm actually not, It's just cheesing me off that so many people disrespect her

The sonnyger thirst is real

Why does she deserve respect? People act like she's some infallible leaker but she's only been right a couple times.

nintendo is the least cancerous company though

Where's my GTAV port on the Wii U again?

Her vagina, makes her always right.

Emily is a retarded lying cunt.

its coming asshole

that is a very informed article thank you for posting

youre welcome

its good to have you on our side

That is honestly the worst rumor. If its true I'll wait for the inevitable second revision of the system where they drop it.

Nintendo is insanely late to the party in an entire generation of no gamez. Why would anyone want to buy a new system with no proven future with less than no gamez?

>Super Metroid cart

It's on eshop for $8 but yeah user I'm sure a $40 cart of a 20-year-old game you can already get for $8 is super real.

This doesn't have anything to do with Emily Roger. The Pokemon Company CEO has made comments about the NX trying to challenge the expectations and conventions of both home consoles and portables.

All but said it was a hybrid.

THIS JUST IN, NX HAS A PORTAL SCREEN WHICH ALLOWS DIRECT CONTACT WITH 2D WAIFUS

what game aare you looking forward to based on this confirmed rumor?

Wtf I love nintendo now

what is happening in 4-5 hours?

We're all coming to your house and forcing you to give us blowjobs. And we're all hairy, haven't bathed in 5 days, and weigh over 350lbs. Get ready.

In your dreams has been confirmed.

>based on things that I've heard

>post yfw the NX bombs worse than the Wii U

Why are you people actually excited for this? Why do you care? Nintendo can't make good games anymore? They killed Metroid which was the only good game series they had left, and Zelda looks like it's just trying to imitate Skyrim so now it will be confirmed shit, and it saddens me. Seriously the developers there are clueless, they just keep making kiddy shit so why do you care about this system?

Why do they all have joysticks on the top half? That's so stupid.

how scared are you? Honestly.

What if I decide to leave before you get here?

>The wii u would be a 100 million seller if it absorbed the 3ds library.
Uhm, no it would as of right now, sold 72 million MAX.
>The nx is going to sell 150 million life time.
jesus christ don't nintendo fans realize how delusional and indoctrinated they sound when they say shit like this?? it's cringey and pathetic

Where else would they be? On the side? On the back?

We'll find you and rape your face. Look, you can just accept it and let it happen, or you can run and we break all your teeth with a hammer, it's your choice.

I actually can't see the NX failing as bad as the Wii U. It would have to be a Ouya level failure to achieve that.

Is that realistically possible?

holy shit this one is getting screencapped

the montage is going to be good

>home button right next to NFC
nope

Yes, imagine them releasing something of equal quality

It would obviously do worse

Nintendo would have to do every single thing wrong in the history of console development to pull off a worse system.

>The nx is going to sell 150 million life time.
Dude please, I love Nintendo but come on. The NX will sell around 75 million units at best.

Fun fact, what fucked the Wii U was the piss poor marketing job done by ninty. Hopefully they take a note from Gamefreak's marketing team and do regular trailers of games and the console between the announcement period and its release.

Yes
I have every single Nintendo console there is but I have zero plans to buy an NX

source?

Virtual Boy and timestamp now faggot.

>they recently started making iphone games
>because the deal is thst in return they get help like marketing from apple, also the ultra normie people listen to what apple says

This kills pajeet

>Virtual Boy
Fuck you got me

>but I have zero plans to buy an NX

kek sure user sure

Thought so. Ok, one more chance: Panasonic Q and timestamp.

I hope the NX is going to be near the power of the PS4 pro

This. You have Nintendo that does fuck all, then you've Microsoft that's sort of cancer, and then you've Sony who have been responsible for everything bad in gaming for the last 20 years.

You're killing me here
Don't ask me if I have the iQue either, I don't

On the bottom half of the front.

If it's weaker it better be portable

They call it the NX because it stands for No eXclusives!

going back to a single screen handheld is going to absolutely destroy the market. Throw in tons of different faceplates, maybe the ability to change out buttons for different colors. Who knows.

If this were real, everyone would get one, it would be the perfect handheld.

Ban all NX threads.

Behead those who disgrace the vidya.

it's either gonna be slightly weaker or slightly more powerful than the Wii U

It has to be stronger, no way it can be weaker.

Don't front if you can't deliver nigger.

One more chance

Gemeboy Lite and timestamp.

Why, that's so uncomfortable, unless you have malformed baby thumbs.

That's not confirmed...
It's a phone and a base-station.

That one's not even a console, it's a handheld
I don't actually even own all the consoles right now, I sold my SNES nearly a decade ago

50 million.

Well if it's a handheld I can't imagine it being more powerful than the Wii U. It's Nintendo we're talking about here after all

Yeah, it will probably put out at least Wii U level power when portablized. The Experience is going to probably going to have 18 teraflops when docked desu. It will also only be 100 dollars for the cradle

Dude, this machine will fucking swallow the 3ds/vita market, it wil be THE exclusive machine. Nintendo is gonna crash the no games market with no survivors.

I really hope that it's good. That's all. I just want Nintendo to be great again.

You know what's gonna be sad, when the NX is revealed, the normies will think that it's Nintendo's first console in 10 years.

If it's just going to be a portable device that you can plug into your TV nintendo has already lost.

Ok, ok, I'll let that one slide if you show me your 64DD.

It's ok user, happens to the best of us.

The WiiU is almost portable, given its power consumption.
With a die shrink, memory change and removing the drive, you probably can make the WiiU itself a portable system.
Now using better tech, like let's say tegra, and using it whole, as in abusing of the geometry shaders, texture libraries, faster memory access etc.. you can get a much better result even if the theorical grunt is the same.

Ask him about the Gameboy Micro next!

Well if the NX is rumored (key word-rumored) to run on Tegra X1 or a custom variation, it's already twice as strong as the Wii U.

No it didnt you faggot.

If it's a portable with the power of a Wii U, wouldn't there have to be a fan in it? I can't imagine that ending well

Those are too common. I'm going for shit that I know he won't own.

Being more powerful than Wii U is not hard for a portable device these days.

no cause nintendo has no fans

OH SNAP

Not really.
There are several mobile phones that are more powerful than the WiiU already.

Nice.

delete

It will blow up, especially if they give it like WiFi connectability with no silly bullshit issues. I would take one everywhere desu, and I wouldn't feel like an enormous virgin, because most people would get one for pokemon and probably pokemon go compatibility and shit.

Nintendo won't lose if they create the most awesome portable device though. If they create it with the intention of it being able to serve as a home console, they know it has to look nice. Like I said before, the dock most likely will give an increase in processing power. I don't see why it wouldn't but then again, I'm not well educated in the way computers work

Stop asking me questions
I have a NES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, and a bunch of the handhelds
There we go, now this is over

Aren't they just rehashing the vita playstation cross play?

I just thought. If Pokemon Go is on NX, wouldn't you have to be able to connect to 4G/3G?

Even latest iPhone can out perform the Wii U.

at least the gamepad has a headphone jack

Aw, so does that mean you don't have the FDD, the Gameboy Camera, the Gameboy Printer, the Satellaview, the Super Gameboy, a Namco Sega Nintendo TriForce or anything good? That sucks, bro, sorry you just got rekt like a little bitch, next time mind your words, nintoddler, or be able to step up when called out on your lying, you little cunt.

Predicting now, 4K at home and 1080p portable

This is entertaining. 8/10 m8

I just hope the next monster hunter is on it in high quality, it cant shit the bed to hard with zelda pushing it.

lol there is no fucking way in hell the portable will be above 720p

>you just got rekt like a little bitch, next time mind your words, nintoddler, or be able to step up when called out on your lying, you little cunt
Edgy

1080p home, 720p portable

Wow. I can't wait for all those new Mario games that are essentially the same but it's okay when Nintendo does it.

It has gotten to the point where anyone can now mimic the speech pattern of Cody. Truly, this will be a small trial for Cred Forums to overcome, as with all new bait.

Pokemon's on everything these days, even phones. It could just be a F2P deal or something else like Rumble Blast, which was on Wii, had a sequel early on the Wii U, as well as 3DS.

Until Nintendo releases concrete evidence of just what the NX is, it still can be any and everything.

The dock could be like an external graphics card thing. The dock will probably be the most expensive part.

It is basically a given now that 2D mario games are trash and that 3D marios are where its at.

>full 3d Kirby action-adventure game for the NX

Disregarding meme phones, isn't 1080 a bit overkill for mobile? I mean, I'm using a 1024x600 7" tablet now, which is pretty comfy just for usng the internet, I dunno about games.

>4K

Even top tier PCs can handle 4k, it's superfulous and a waste of processing that could be used to make games actually good. Sounds like a gap for nintendo to insert themselves, the competition cripples themselves with 4k while Nintendo offer the same with a console people actually care at 1080p or 720p 3d on an actually good screen this time around.

Yes that was the point.

Who's Cody?
Also:
>Truly, this will be a small trial for Cred Forums to overcome, as with all new bait.
Do you remember roleplaying tripfags, and the fact that moot disabled trips and dubs for a while. I think dubs are still off. Now that was a trial, holy shit.

Possibly the best approach is if they sold the system in two parts or combo'd together.
If it is potentially a console portable hybrid, you already solved the price issues. Those that want a cheap device get the handheld, but if they want to add more oomph, the dock can be added.

Just make sure supply matches.

>then you've Sony who have been responsible for everything bad in gaming for the last 20 years
Enlighten us

Intentional shitposting is still shitposting.

>it still wont have any AA what so ever

Hey, don't forget the Zelda remakes, a fuckton of Pokémon games that are always the same and maybe two decent different games.

Emily Rogers, everyone.

Go back to sucking dicks to keep censoring scripts and spreading your pedo ideals, fucker. Nobody cares about your blatant lies

>nintendo is the least cancerous company though

They have the absolute worst dlc policy and they keep hobbling their games to support gimmicks in ways that hurt the games more than help them.

What if it's not 4k, but 1440p. No one has a fucking 4k TV anyway, and normies won't be able to tell a difference.

If that's what it looks like, they might as well name it the Wii-ta. Probably will sell just about as well.

It's "Ironic shitposting is still shitposting." 7/10 if that was intentional

Besides, this is a thread shit-talking a system that isn't even out yet. We're all shitposters here.

It seems most likely to be 1440p for home and 720p for portable.

Believe or not, but SoCs are actually quite cheap, around the 30-50$ range.
It's generally the shit around it that pushes the prices up.

A
FUCKING
PSP

>this thread

I haven't seen anyone here mention that the game retro studios has been working on since DKTF is 99.99999% to be for the NX. Metroid Prime 4?

Except you don't have to crack it to have mario.

>Metroid Prime
youtu.be/gvij1rqNnn4?t=6s

It would have sold 30 - 50 millions at most. Hell, 3DS doesn't have half as good games as DS had. Nothing could save Pii U under Iwata's autistic iron fist

Let's be honest here, if it isn't a handheld, Nintendo is about to push another stillborn console onto the market. We live in an era where the competition is able to get people to buy the same console TWICE in a generation now due to slight boosts in hardware, while Nintendo is busy trying to design something "unique" and cheap enough to make a profit on each unit sold.

Also calling it now, but the other big offense is that Nintendo is STILL going to ignore the desire for streaming and video capture in gaming, despite having their own creator program and using that to tap into fanboys for free marketing and ad revenue.

Much like M.C. Hammer, Nintendo is out of touch.

If its the new handheld as well then its not going to fail nearly as bad. It won't even have to compete with the vita anymore.

Boy, I sure am ready for nintendo's next system to be a hybrid that's at absolute best as powerful as the wii u and probably overpriced.

4K is noticeable even to me and I need glasses. Although 30 fps is noticeably slow to me as well.

You have to le hack it to le hav have mgs pw though boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Can you say that once more, but in English?

If Nintendo makes a new handheld then Sony will release a new handheld. Vita came out a year after 3DS.

They could upscale it, it wouldn't look at as good as native 4k but it's not like consoles are going to get native 4k anytime soon.

>webms for reaction images

The head honcho of the pokemon company specifically said mainline game.

fuck my boipussi, master.

*Unzips dick* Bend over

it's a reaction video :^)

This is actually a pretty realistic projection.

I want Retro to go nuts with Metroid.
Make her an actual bounty hunter doing bounty hunting, I don't know. If they can nail that atmosphere again while building the lore of the series, I'm sold.
They have been so quiet about what they've been up to, it's infuriating.

No he didn't

Middle of the gen, more reasons to get than the 3DS but not as crazy as the DS etc..

I bet you think GIFs are still okay

Imagine No Man's Sky but with Metroid.

“The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device,” said Mr. Ishihara. “We will make games for the NX.”

From the Wallstreet Journal, and I'm not finding any mention about what they're doing outside of just stating they'll make games for it, which they've done with every Nintendo device since the N64

The problem now is that Retro is still bound by what Nintendo wants from the game, and Tanabe has his own ideas for what he wants out of Prime these days.

Are you impling the psp was a bad console? It will be a psp with actually the same games as the ps2 with the same graphics. It will be the sucessor the psp never had, like some kind of prodigy unnoficial child.

>No dual screen meme bullshit
>remove side controls and it's a phone
>put it in the dock and its a console
>3d now mature
>going to cannibalise the entire mobile game market
and bring together the console market
>sony and microsoft gonna crash and burn hard as aways going for muh 4k muh powah while nintendo is getting all the games

Retro would do a better job than lying Murray
that's not saying much.

>NX debuts just in time for smartphone fatigue to start setting in
>people start wanting dedicated devices again for things
>early 2000s nostalgia starting to pick up
>Nintendo smartphone apps raise awareness of Nintendo products
>it's DS all over again

Ikaruga.

Huh. There would actually be something to do in such a huge galaxy...except that Nintendo would still find a way to fuck it up.

Cute, but that won't happen, since Smartphones are a needed item, while gaming is a luxury that these items people NEED to have in their day to day also covers. The people playing mobile games are not the same consumers Nintendo once had, since they're playing games on their phones just as time killers because it is an option, compared to more standard gamers being "hobbyists", who already have their consoles and PCs setup for gaming.

Their apps will raise awareness, as proven with Pokemon GO, but it isn't going to cause people to rush out and create a new DS. The DS was similar to Wii, where it did something people were not used to with the way it functioned, on top of not being like the Wii U and having loads of games experiment and justify it.

to be fair, Virtual Boy was marketed as a portable, not a console system. And Q was made by Panasonic, not Nintendo.

if it's true, there's still a possiblity they are just a perfunctory extra control option for a primarily tablet-like device. of course, then you've got an NX-portable which is primarily just a tablet, with no physical controls (and will most likely have most games made primarily for touchscreen-only control).

i love the idea of the detachable nunchuck controllers, but don't believe for a second they can be implemented and actually be good.

Titty ninjas of course

desu the other are also lauching consoles, they may be just in time actually.

With the exception of the Wii, all Nintendo consoles have sold less than their predecessors.

It's not only possible, but likely.

not much of a face, I'm fully expecting it.

But does the NX count as a console?

>it's just going to be a portable device that you can plug into your TV

My money's on this.

The NX will be a handheld masquerading as a console.

Severely underrated

>more gimmicks
For fuck sake Nintendo had one god damn job.
Just make a simple fucking console like the N64/GCUBE.
But no. They had to bring up this hybrid bullshit.
Fucking done with Nintendo.

But everyone already has a smartphone, and the iPhone 7 debacle gives little reason to upgrade

If NX is a handheld then you compare it with other Nintendo's handheld. The 3DS is selling significantly lesser than the DS and GBA and the overall handheld market is shrinking year by year.

These Sony kids are terrified

Another little fun fact:
3 out of 4 Sony generations have(will) sold(sell) over 100m homeconsoles

1 out of 6 Nintendo generations have(will) sold(sell) over 100m homeconsoles

The only generaton at which Sony failed to do so (PS3) still surpassed any other nintendo gen (aside from the Wii which of course reached that mark)

Actually you can push nintendo's numbers to 1 out of 7 gens, because believing that NX has even the slightest chance of selling that well is delusional

Now that I look at that chart, PS2 alone sold about as much as every nintendo homeconsole ever combined if we remove Wii from the equation.

more shit:
Wii + SNES = PS2 numbers
Wii = PS1 numbers
NES + GC = PS3 numbers
too hard to predict PS4 but my guess is between PS1 and PS2 sales

that pic is fake bro, we still don't know what it is yet.

Nintendo greatest mistake was abandoning Sony. Imagine Sony and Nintendo teamed up. They would be unstoppable.

But that's the point I was making, where handheld gaming is a luxury, but everyone needs a phone anymore, which nowadays works as a "does everything" device. It's like saying there's a fatigue for cars or PCs, those things that worked into everyday life that everyone needs, but cannot be replaced anymore unless something even better comes along.

I admit I'm not familiar with the iPhone 7 deal, unless it is about the headphones.

The handheld market has grown out of the device, and the newer generation is raised on Android / iOS devices, as opposed to the old Gameboy brand and Mario / Pokemon / Zelda. Handhelds have shifted from a younger crowd with a few niche titles to an older crowd due to being perfect for games like RPGs,

There isn't much that can be done to fix the shrinking market, just keep making things for as long as the market is sustainable. Sales don't matter as long as units are still moving at a respectable rate. Being like doesn't matter, since sales are just dick waving at the end of the day, and doesn't matter at all unless someone is an investor making money off it.

Another little fun fact:
The reason for all of this is because Sony's marketing teams managed to convince all the normies and Chads that it was ok for them to like video games.

PlayStations are the ultimate mainstream systems

>just keep making things for as long as the market is sustainable
Pretty much why I said Sony will make another handheld if Nintendo makes another handheld. Sony has the advantage to merge handheld with their Xperia though.

nintendo sells at a profit

user, this is only because you are normal and aren't trying to rationalize a horrible opinion

30fps/60fps and the difference between SD/HD/UHD is noticable by *literally* everyone. It's not an argument about opinions. It's people who are stupid pretending that they aren't stupid saying things like that don't matter

didn't Sony say they were done with handhelds after the Vita did so poorly?

Playstation too. Look at the SIE financial report.

My current theory is a handheld with an optional HDMI dongle that you'll plug into the tv and then you'll be able to broadcast a signal to it like the WiiU in reverse. I think if it is a handheld if Nintendo sticks to their previous formula it will be essentially a last-gen system with the flaws worked out so basically 360/PS3 level hardware with a more modern GPU, and more RAM.

Given how much more powerful handheld hardware can be now the only question is what resolution it will be. 720p wouldn't surprise me.

They didn't say that. All I'm saying they will counter Nintendo handheld if there is another one because healthy competition. Just like how they still have their TVs.

That hasn't worked out well in the past, Sony is still multiple squabbling divisions none of which play nice with one another despite their ambition to be Apple.

No, it would be an 75 million seller (60m+15m) and that is if the 3DS didn't exist for people to buy instead.

Not saying they will, just saying they can. Market today is different enough to make some major shifts. Like for example Sony Music making Fate GO and dominating the market.

>PlayStations are the ultimate mainstream systems
When it comes to homeconsoles, of course. The Walkman also got the iPod treatment back in the day but that was more of a fad

>The reason for all of this is because Sony's marketing teams managed to convince all the normies and Chads that it was ok for them to like video games
Marketing is just one of many reasons. But in that aspect all Sony did was being aware that the gaming audience grows up with time and instead of keeping it politically correct and child-friendly like Nintendo (mostly) does, they targeted older audiences from the get-go, especially young adults with the PS1.

Of course the massive exodus of developers who jumped ship from nintendo's strict/shitty 3rd party policies to sony's hands (of their own accord) also helped

So does Sony with the bulk of their sales.
Usually they pay out of pocket at launch for some months, or a year in PS3's case which was the worst one, but the bulk of consoles sold is toward mid-late generation when at least 1, if not 2 "Slim" models have been made
FYI Slim isn't a fancy word to make consoles smallers to appeal to your eyes. It's a massive profit increase per unit on the manufacturer's part

And sure, even then the WiiU might give $100 of profit and a PS4Slim only $50. But in the end PS4 will outsell the WiiU by 5x to 7x. They would only be on equal footing if it was a 2-to-1 thing (2 PS4's sold for every WiiU). That's not taking into account PS+ monthly free profits, SIE is literally getting money for free, for a service than could be free like it was the generation prior.
But above all else, literally every single game sold on their platform gives them cash, and third parties like CoD and Fifa sell like hotcakes in the tens of millions every year. This is how Valve keep themselves up, through this alone.

looks kinda cool tbqh

Is there actually supposed to be news about NX, or is it just theories?

Not confirmed

All but confirmed

>Nintendo announces a "home console" with a "brand new concept"
>dumb people spent the next year and a half rumor milling it into a hybrid with a concept that's been done before
>grasping at any vague piece of information (like the OP "confirmation") to suit their rumors
Lol okay

Are you saying the Pokemon CEO is lying?

now lets take a look at their handheld sales
to keep things 'relevant' we'll stick to the last three gens of handheld (and mix in a little history)

GBA - 81.51 Million Lifetime Sales, at the time their best performing platform and it carried the companies weight as the gamecube sank in its fight with the PS2 and Xbox

DS- 153.98 Million Lifetime Sales, even more than the companies flagship wii console. The DS dropped just before the smartphone era began. Looking at sales charts, as smartphones gain in popularity and the generation comes to a close its sales slide off.

3DS- Somewhere over 60 Million Units sold to date, the current exact numbers have not been revealed. Competing directly with the booming smartphone industry it had lagging sales at launch but within a few short months it recovered and its forecasted total sales spiked to outnumber that of the PS4 and Xbox One's forecasted totals. It is currently carrying the company after the Wii U's failure, and has had sales spikes in the last few months due to growing interest in pokemon titles on the handheld, probably a direct result of pokemon Go.

Nintendo's handhelds have always outperformed their systems, even the Wii.
Inside Nintendo they have allegedly merged their Console and Handheld hardware divisions, and everything we know points to the NX being a handheld with console like features, such as the ability to play on a TV.

Following the platform success pattern one wouldn't be unsafe in their assumption that Nintendo's next handheld (in this case the NX) would also be successful. I doubt OPs predictions are true though thats just crazy talk. Realistically I'd say maybe forecast this thing, if it has a strong library like the 3DS does, between 50 and 80 Million lifetime units. Thats assuming its not also a smartphone, if it IS also a smartphone then who the fuck knows what will happen.

Maybe you should actually read what he said? Fact: The CEO did not confirm the NX is a hybrid. He didn't say a single concrete thing about it.

Opinion:
Saying the NX challenges what it means to be a home console or a handheld fits perfectly with everything Iwata and Kimishima have said about integrating the software architectures of their devices, while "not integrating hand-helds and consoles to create one device." Obviously Pokemon games that exist in this "family of systems" will have greater freedom than a "handheld Pokemon" or a "console Pokemon," something the Pokemon developers has said felt limiting in the past.

>Inside Nintendo they have allegedly merged their Console and Handheld hardware divisions
>allegedly
Yeah, "allegedly" after Iwata explained it in detail in two different investor meetings.

>everything we know points to the NX being a handheld with console like features
We don't "know" anything and everything Iwata said about the NX in investor meetings points to opposite.

Are you saying Iwata is lying?

Emily Rogers says the console is a hybrid, therefore it cannot be.

Given that he didn't want to reveal the truth about NX so Sorny and Macrosoft could steal the idea, yes.

>Saying the NX challenges what it means to be a home console or a handheld fits perfectly with everything Iwata and Kimishima have said about integrating the software architectures of their devices, while "not integrating hand-helds and consoles to create one device."

So you really think Nintendo is going to release an NXhome and NXportable and jew people twice for the privilege of playing on the go? You really don't have much faith in their respect for their consumers, do you?

Do I really think Nintendo is going to continue to make handhelds and home consoles like they have since the Gameboy? Yes. Do I really think Nintendo is going to do what Iwata reiterated repeatedly, and create a common software architecture that makes cross-development easy and makes devices "like brothers in a family of systems?" Yes.

Do I believe rumors and "leaks?" Nope.

>jew people twice for the privilege of playing on the go
So now you're blaming Nintendo for "splitting" into two consoles what was never one console to begin with, only rumored. Yeah fuck off.

its been confirmed by nintendo, pokemon company, and secretly by a bunch of developers. Read the news sometime

whats still a mystery is the details, the head of pokemon just confirmed it is a hybrid, now to find out how much power it will pack....

What idea would Sony steal? They already have a handheld console hybrid called the Vita and PSTV.

>its been confirmed by nintendo, pokemon company
And you're confirmed for not reading a single thing either of these sources has actually said, just reading Cred Forums posts like this one.

>secretly by a bunch of developers
Are you the same retard who keeps posting this in every thread, and then never backs it up with even a SINGLE example when called out?

Not him, but

"Here you go! Nintendo 3DS! Now have a Nintendo 3DS XL! Don't like that? How about NEW Nintendo 3DS, but only after we sell enough NEW Nintendo 3DS XL!"

They're merely selling OPTIONS, which is what playing on the go or playing at home would be.

You keep deflecting and not providing any sources. This isn't like Neogaf or Reddits, where people will just lap shit up to be hyped.

nah

will probably be a proper portable but come with some home dock that beefs up its power to give console quality experience. But lets be real here it wont be as powerful as ps4 or Xbox one.

When both systems are essentially the same thing with the same games except you have to rebuy another system to play on the go they're jewing you.

heres your source faggot

>The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device,” said Mr. Ishihara. “We will make games for the NX

wsj.com/articles/pokemon-to-create-games-for-nintendos-next-system-1474371834

That isn't a real hybrid since PSTV does not become a handheld and Vita does not become a PSTV. A real hybrid would be a Vita you plug in to your TV and it behaves like a home console

Not interested in the Wii U. Less interested in this. Nintendo knows how to make systems I don't want.

It's almost like you're a moron who doesn't understand hardware design challenges and production costs. As if Nintendo could just so easily make an adequately powerful hybrid console and sell it to you for a reasonable price, but instead they're making two consoles just to get more money. But of course this is the view of a typical dumb consumer who thinks consoles and their parts just fall out of the sky into Nintendo's warehouses, and doesn't understand what it means to actually develop hardware.

Its very obvious that the console is a hybrid to deny that at this point is emberassing

So, just like the Wii U and 3DS is doing with constantly porting Wii U titles over to the more popular system?

If those fuckers just left a damn HDMI port on the Vita....

Not saying you're wrong, but all of three Wii U titles have 3DS ports. Zelda HW, Mario Maker, Woolly World. Actually I'm not even sure Zelda HW qualifies as a port, maybe more like a "version," like Smash.

The typical dumb consumer is the one they have to convince theyre not jewing. If something works as a handheld, all they need to do is give it an HDMI out put and connect it to the TV. Don't sell a home ver and force people to buy both. That's jewing.

agreed

Nintendo fans are known for their delusion. I used to be one, but never reached the levels of these guys.

>If something works as a handheld, all they need to do is give it an HDMI out put and connect it to the TV
Again, you're either saying they should just make a 3DS with the inexplicable ability to output its poor resolution to a TV, or you're saying they should MAGICALLY design and develop a powerful and cost-effective hybrid, so cheap that is justifies your claim of providing two consoles as options to be "jewing."

Really you have no argument here at all.

If they ported the entire library yeah. But really, many games wouldn't work on 3DS hardware due to its differences from Wii U, including the fact that 3DS is far inferior in power.

Also, the typical dumb consumer doesn't even know about hybrid rumors. Nintendo's marketing to them isn't going to be about the system specs or design challenges. It's going to be "want Zelda on the go? Buy NXPortable! Want the full Zelda experience in your living room? Buy NXConsole!"

>they should MAGICALLY design and develop a powerful and cost-effective hybrid, so cheap that is justifies your claim of providing two consoles as options to be "jewing."
That's exactly what they have already done according to the leaks, although it isn't really that magical if you're aware that something like the Nvidia Shield exists, which you must not be.

That's called jewing since it is deceiving the consumer to make them buy both. When all they need is an HDMI port on the handheld.

Literally everyone in the industry is confirming it or hinting at it but whatever keep lying to yourself.

The Shield can only play Android games. Other things it can only stream. What the fuck are you talking about?

> to make them buy both
How can you keep repeating this stupid line? No one has to buy both unless they want to do both. It's called OPTIONS. And no, they COULD NOT just buy one console and do both, because that console would not have the ability of either system. There is no way Nintendo can release a device with the portability of a 3DS and the power of a Wii U without it costing a fortune.

>The Shield can only play Android games. Other things it can only stream. What the fuck are you talking about?
It doesn't take a genius to take the chip in the Shield and build a custom NintendoNX platform around it. That's what consoles and handhelds are now. 3DS already uses ARM chips. Also you seem to think all android games are candy crush and shit, but that is not the case. See pic.

>There is no way Nintendo can release a device with the portability of a 3DS and the power of a Wii U without it costing a fortune.
Nvidia Shield. 199$.

Fun fact: This is also true for all Sony consoles (except the PS2).

:^)

Fun fact: Turns out that if you take really small datasets, you can find odd trends that don't really mean anything.

Fun fact: Did you know that most of the top-selling consoles ever made are referred to by 3-letter names? PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii, 3DS, PSP. And hardly any of the least-selling consoles have 3-letter names! Clearly, this is the secret to Sony's success - their consoles all have 3-letter names!

>they have the absolute worst dlc policy

No? If you're talking about amiibo then lol. They barely do anything and you get a physical figure atleast. I think there's 2 games where they actually give you something you otherwise can't get. How is that worse than season passes, preorder bonuses, pay to win weapons and cosmetics, day 1 dlc and so on.

Sony and Microsoft treat your internet connection as dlc for gods sake