youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A
youtube.com/watch?v=9hdFG2GcNuA
youtu.be/APo7805Yzhk
youtube.com/watch?v=aNzTUdOHm9A
voxday.blogspot.com/2016/08/what-alt-right-is.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8TWJEZKu5IA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

forgot to link the video in the op youtube.com/watch?v=E6UhkHRF_3Q

hahahahhahhahaahaaha dude this meme is SOOOOOO good i found it on reddit originall;y and it brought me here im so glad u guys post this all the time ROFL XD

wow nice post

Thanks. I ran it through different departments for QA.

Are you feeling ok?

So whats half an A press exactly?

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Nothing. There is no such thing as "half a press". As soon as you hold down the button it counts as a press.
The "half an A press" shit is just a bad meme created by a youtube autist

nice try """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""henry""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

He explains it you fuck tard.

An A press does different things when you normally press it and holding it down.

>Holding an A press while wing cap mario makes you float longer
>Cant do fast kick jumps simply pressing the A button but holding it down does

Entering a level with the button depressed counts as half for the purpose of making it easier to count the number of inputs for a full playthrough.
When the button is released, it then counts as a full press.

Saw this dude do a thing over a year ago, how the fuck did you autists turn this into a meme and why so long after the fact?

So in a full run where you're counting A presses, you hit A outside the level and hold it until you're halfway through the level, how many A presses would you count for that level?

Do you add the "A press" inside the level to the one you did outside the level?

So hes pretending that the A button is analog.
Alright.

t. henry

Who the fuck is henry and why the fuck should we care?

literally who

tj """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Henry""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""yoshi.

nice try henry

>Cred Forums is the only board I know that can continue to build up a stupid shitty meme
>FOR OVER 12 MONTHS!

Yea cool story and everything bro, now mind explaining what the fuck you're on about you autistic fuck?

When the fuck did calling people out on being some random shite nobody knows or cares about become a Cred Forums meme. Who the fuck is henry, who the fuck is thebull, why the fuck do people think this shit is acceptable?

>who the fuck is thebull
You mean the autist that does reposts every single day?

tj """""henry""""" yoshi

why does every pannenkoek thread have to devolve into henryposting

smdhrn

So, what's the big deal with this autist doing experiments with SM64?

I don't fucking know buddy, why would I be asking if I did. The only such faggots I know of is barneyfag and serais.

no.
he is just trying to get a FULL SUPER MARIO 64 RUN USING THE LESS POSSIBLE A PRESSES, so when he says its an half press for a stage means he kept pressing A since hub world or a previous stage

He's still making new video to this day you fucking retard

>getting this mad

You might want to take your meds "Henry".

Yea okay that explains everything and makes this autistic shitfest about literally who a lot more understandable, thanks.

>Fails to read simple emotions
>Presumes someone is mad when calling someone out on retarded shit
>Not autistic
Pick one you dumb nigger.

HENRY
E
N
R
Y

sure """"""""Henry""""""""

>If I just autistically keep calling him henry maybe I'll accomplish something!
Welp, let me know when you do accomplish something user, I'll be waiting just so I can pretend to care, you wouldn't know the difference anyway.

ok whatever ""henry""

sounds like we got a henry over here

It's okay """Henry""". Take your medication for your asperger's, or else you'll build up too much rage for 12 hours and misalign your QPU.

i really wish he'd stop posting videos about how everything anyone thinks of fails, it's only been failures for months

i just want at least half an a press knocked off the 100% run

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Henry""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

There's like 27 a presses left or something he doesn't know how to skip

He needs to save like 3 or something as well as this one to do a standard non-100% run with 0xA presses

it's just the bowser in the fire sea A press to get off the pole

that's for any%

TJ 'Henry' Yoshi

dont forget tick tock DOOM

Why doesn't he get someone else to do that part for him? He gets past the pole and he never pressed A.

It's an informative and entertaining series of videos, just like any video game videos on youtube. Have you really never watched a speedrun or anything?

maybe you should watch the original video in the first place and realize that first of all, half an A press is a thing, Henry

you don't need to do tick tock clock at all in 70 star

I like pannenkoek's videos, they're surprisingly relaxing.

there is no way this guy isnt autistic
good god why couldn't he be autistic for the improvement of VR, i want my eternal waifu

Why doesn't he try to skip BitFS entirely?

You are just jealous that you didnt think of this idea first

Go away TJ """""""""""Henry""""""""""" Yoshi

You can't load the top area if you don't pass BitFS.

An extreamly specific way to confuse the game as to what state the A button is. It actually does not exist but just for that video it does.

He's just doing what he loves, deconstructing super mario 64 in terms of math. He's some math teacher or TA or something.

Yeah the good majority of them are TTC I know there is one left is winged mario over the rainbow because he has to press A to use the cannon.

He would also have to figure out how to do watch for rolling rocks with 0x since the 0.5A press in there requires him to have A held from a previous required A press.

>non-100% run

By that logic why not just throw the controller around the room until Mario lets go, he didn't push any buttons.

Or how about a mechanism that pulls the button down instead of pressing it from the top?

Really? I thought he still needed a few more stars.

>He goes mad at trying to find the answer and suicides.

>Ideas #1-3
>hmm okay
>Ideas #4+

You sound mad, """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Henry""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>we may be able to construct a goomba ladder

WHy the fuck do A presses matter anyway?

It's just a self challenge like doing a three heart run in zelda games.

It's a self imposed challenge to finish the game without pressing the jump button a single time.

Fucking good, he's not doing it on the DS version so whatever.

We're just building up enough speed to propagate the meme across multiple QPUs.

At first I thought this shit was genius but there is an entire community exposing those glitches for years now with all kind of tools which makes it the more unimpressive kind of autism.

I feel oddly intrigued when I watch/listen. Like personally I could care less about finding ways to beat the game without pushing A, but listening to him discuss different theories is like listening to a science podcast discuss different possible cures for diseases.

Does it still count if he starts holding A before the game starts?

No, he can use the half press that he used to start the game but there is nothing to jump at

You can press the start button instead of A to begin a game anyway.

Letting go of the A button, even when you didn't press it inside the level it self, has it's own effect.
You can code to detect for when the A-button is released, so shouldn't that be it's own thing?
Sounds like you're the one holding onto something, something you never really thought of up until now, but it still means that you were the SLIGHTEST BIT wrong, so you just can't accept it.

So just defeating the second bowser is the problem? How many stars can he get with his method?

You need to realign your QPUs, brah

t. TJ """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""henry""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Yoshi

youtube.com/watch?v=APo7805Yzhk

LOL! I get the reference XD
good job now we know you fit in

I just wish he'd call it negative edge since that's been the terminology since like Street Fighter 2.

>Or how about a mechanism that pulls the button down instead of pressing it from the top?
>Mario in 0 A presses and one A pull
genius

you are really depressing and naive

Every time
youtube.com/watch?v=0NA_Nq7oZZU

He's used goomba stairways before.

>There are people ITT that still think the 2/3rds shit has anything to do with naming it a half A press.

t. Henry Yoshi

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Henry
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Does it again!

At least he was able to fuck up Koopa the Quick.
youtube.com/watch?v=HlLGbZ0CcrY

youtube.com/watch?v=37nwLhIA1zs

Go away " "Henry" "

>Mario 64 will be completable without once pressing A in our lifetime

>"hm, this is a moderately impressive display of technique"
>1:00

>goomba ladder

I like how this retarded meme has actually gotten Cred Forums interested in the A press challenge.

....?
That looks like
one press
one press
two presses
so yeah, four presses. doesn't explain the 0.5 or 1.5 bs tho. am I a henry now?

>that fucking parror

Does anyone have the comic where Mario leaves his house with a golf club raised, meets Tj """Henry""" Yoshi at a golf course, hits the ball into the hole and marks it as 0.5 swings?

That's pretty low tier

that sounds fucking great someone please post

holy shit

genius doesn't happen overnight most technology or proven math/sciences would be done by autists that can't let shit go and find so much pleasure in doing repetitive things and knowing stuff inside and out

original video where?

It's vee's baneposting I think

This is why full a presses are forbidden

>it's another "pannenkoek posts a video on his second channel without any voiceovers because Cred Forums scared him away from his main channel" episode

fuck off TJ """"""""""""""Henry""""""""""" Yoshi

>watching his videos for TTC ideas
>find myself getting disappointed when they don't work out

I think I'm actually emotionally invested in this shit now. I'm gonna be so happy when he figures out a 0x TTC strategy.

He's not limiting his A presses for fun he's limiting them because his power could cause innocent observers to go mad

He trimmed down a lot of A-Presses in Big Boo's Mansion

>vertical PUs
Holy shit, when did that happen?

Thanks mate

>docs.google.com/document/d/1K4OTAyampX1CueKyZUIunz0yIUYd3ldlQxv37oaySgs
>I maintain two distinct channels because they serve two distinct purposes. My main channel is for polished videos that take quite a bit of time and effort to make. Over time, my TASing skills and video editing skills have drastically improved. Consequently, the quality of the videos on my main channel has also risen, which means my viewers’ expectations have risen as well. As such, I must now maintain very high standards for new main channel videos so as to meet my viewers’ expectations. For example, I now require that all main channel videos:

>have voice commentary (or at least a voice commentated version)
>be recorded with the HD resolution of Mupen
>explain all glitches that are performed in the video, so that even viewers unfamiliar with the game can follow
>have the clearest visuals I can think of
>show events from alternative camera angles if it helps with the explanation
>be sufficiently interesting and entertaining to watch, including having elements of humor
>serve some purpose, whether it’s part of a challenge, an explanation video, etc.
>be “complete” in that they don’t only just cover part of a topic
>don’t involve concepts that have just been discovered, because it’s likely that new related information will soon be >observed which should be incorporated into the video

>t. TJ "Henry" Yoshi

He's not posting on his main channel because he hasn't made any major progress in a while.

>The screaming at 1:17

People can meme all they want, this autism shit made me play SM64 for the first time.

I actually enjoyed it and still think it hold up incredibly well.

There is no skill to this one, he says in the description he just kept walljumping until mario hit the coints/star, it's also done frame by frame TAS style incase you didn't know

calm down TJ """""""Henry"""""" Yoshi

youtube.com/watch?v=APo7805Yzhk

That's pretty fucking autistic

All of his videos are TAS

they aren't speed runs, but they are tool assisted, hence TAS-style, i don't know if there is a word for this, non-RTA? exhibitions?

If only BitFS had scuttlebugs.

Tool Assisted Superplay is an old term

GODDAMN

>Pancake tries to teach "Henry" about QPUs and PU traversing
>"Henry" is resistant to the idea and continues to shitpost until he learns the secret of hyperspeed travel
>utilizing the powers of the PUs, "Henry" uses his newfound powers for evil
>"I have ebcome all there is. With the speed built up to travel other universes, I am unstoppable!"
>Panny tries to stop him from going too far
>"Henry" ends up breaking QPU alignment and gets banished to the PU (2,-3)
>He tried to warn him

Can SOMEONE PLEASE explain to me what the fuck the point to any of this is?
I mean is any of it actually 'cool' and somewhat rewarding? Or is this guy constantly looking for broken shit in Mario 64.

How the fuck do you even get enjoyment out of this shit.

Kind of a generic response, but surely this guy could be the next hawking or something if he put this rare breed of autism towards something real

>You can code to detect for when the A-button is released, so shouldn't that be it's own thing?
Yes, an A-release.

I don't know. Do you find enjoyment shitposting on internet message boards?

user... come on...

Pannenkoek's a speedrunner, so he likes doing shit like this to challenge his skill at exploitation and at Mario 64. The rest of us are just really interested in all the cool shit he does.

It's still great

the RAM map to SM64 was known before pancake, it doesn't take a genius to knock up some lua code to play with it, he has dedication though.

seeing how much a game can be broken/mastered. Do you not like TASbot at s/agdq? same concept

Without the guidance of the Astronomican, every time Mario traverses a QPU, he risks becoming tainted with Chaotic energies of The Warp.

>what's so entertaining about seeing someone with a mastery of a game take it to its technological limits to see what kind of cool shit he can do?

He wants to be able to say "I beat Jumpman 64 without jumping"

>why would anyone enjoy learning the ridiculous ways to break one of the famous games of all time

Why do people do anything. Why speed run. Why breathe. Why live

SOMEONE had to completely break and document Super Mario 64.

your autism power is too low, you will never understand

>people have fun playing video games
>typical Cred Forumsirgin finds this difficult to grasp

glad you enjoyed it. sm64 has great mechanics, which I don't think have really been matched since

Actually, in the game, releasing the A button triggers absolutely nothing. There is no event that is caused by a release.

Look i understand people get different enjoyment out of other things. But this is some next level shit.
I guess what i'm asking is, Is all of this 'work' he's putting into a game actually considered 'fun' for him.
And if i've answered my own question, Then i just want to understand why.

Even though i probably never will.

Which video is this?

It hurts me to know this guy exists. I can't imagine how empty his life must feel at times.

it's just interesting, and also kinda funny the absurd lengths he goes to beat sm64 without jumping

>literally no rational difference between staying alive and shaving halves of an a-press off a tool assisted super mario 64 playthrough.

youtu.be/VRih3gfXin4

You don't have to understand why others have fun doing things you don't. You just need to understand that they are having fun.

>tfw I want to give ideas to support Pannekeok
>tfw my understanding is probably far under leveled than what he needs,

There isn't.

When accounting for the entire run, the amount of a presses will be a whole number. Half a presses are only used when talking about a certain stage that needs a to be held, but not pressed, in order to lower the count.

why did sir edmund hillary clime everest user?

Fuck off Henry, nobody wants your kind here.

climb*

What difficulty are you having with this? Picking apart something to see how it works is nothing new. Especially when applied to something so famous. All he's done is construct a challenge to use the knowledge he's gaining from doing this. He's just playing a video game.

Personally as a programmer it's fascinating to see the way that such a well known game works, and see the mistakes and glitches that are there. Combine that with the desire to challenge yourself, and the existing speed running community, and this kind of shit is really easy to understand.

Oh shit thanks, I was really confused there for a second and had no idea what you were trying to say.

Thank you man.

if you understand what VSC and HOLPs and cloning are then you could probably think of some strats he might not have tried
no probs mate

youtube.com/watch?v=HDZAbjMaRMY

apparently he isnt henry anymore

>PK2012 can't get off the pole in BITFS
>"you know you can jump off the poles, right"
>PK2012's face when

My point is that you're asking a question that has no answer, and you should know this. It's difficult to explain exactly why you like something, especially when the party asking the question refuses to acknowledge any common ground that could be used for understanding.

>those stupid cloning ideas

How do people STILL not understand how cloning works

>56minutes of scuttlebug raising later

TJ's Life: youtube.com/watch?v=tmGU5yMf4eo

I do understand to an extent, like to not make the mistake where I would assume there was something he could make clones of in BitFS like is saying.
It's like in calculus you learn to derive and integrate functions. I know the techniques, but if you put me in front of a big equation I probably won't solve it correctly.

Sometimes ideas from completely clueless people can lead to breakthroughs, since they're free from the assumptions the experts have taught themselves to make. And the way he dissects even the most unrealistic ideas suggests that he appreciates getting new ideas even if they sound stupid at first.

You haven't seen anything.
youtu.be/5BnR4hEvtRs

Pannenkoek is a world-class shitposter.

youtube.com/watch?v=5XhmvYAm5lU

>mfw pannenkeok will never finish BitFS without pressing a

I know he speeds things up when he's running in place to accelerate to aligning speed, but when he's doing something that requires him jumping back and forth like this...does he set some kind of macro or does he really do it for 13 real time hours?

most TAS programs let you set macros to loop, you can do things in bizhawk like make a script that will loop inputs until a RAM address reaches a certain value etc

He actually is a compsci student.

Doing this is actually a creative as fuck method to practice the understanding of how electronics and programming works.
He just does it for kicks, and in the way learns how one of the most revolutionary 3D games back in 1996 worked internally down to the most autistic limits.

It's fascinating really. I wish I had his drive.
I'm also a compsci student and I want to end it all everyday.

But will he break 64 DS

What I really want to see is the star in the demo

Why doesn't he do voiceover for these anymore?

See

no because that one is nothing compared ot the original as far as glitches.

What a smartass.

>Task 5

this cheeky cunt

Nigga's gotta do something with his autism, I guess. Unfortunately, what he settled on was not something that will ever be of use to anyone in any way.

The world would be a much better place if every single subhuman that participated in these threads was killed.

Start with yourself

You're right, things would be much better if no one had curiosity or intellect

test

Edgy autism.

>Task 2

I don't get it. Why does he have to die and go to other levels and delete his save file? There are obviously other limitations/factors to the task than what he showed.

Someone post Mario and Koopa the Quick jumping together

Nobody asked for your life story fag

>Why does he have to die and go to other levels and delete his save file?

He doesn't, that's the point.

>ctrl-F
>"autis"
>20 results

Get fucked (((Henry)))

It's a joke. Speedrunners proposed meaningless/simple tasks and pannenkoek decided to poke fun at them by achieving the goals as slow as possible. This triggered the speedrunners and he got banned for it.

If he presses A down before entering a level, he adds one press to the total a presses used. Since the button is held down during the level and is used to benefit his run like slowing a fall, he refers to the level as having an additional .5 presses to indicate that he held the button down for that level, although it doesn't add any presses to the overall total since he only pressed it down and released it once.

>EVERYONE HERE SHOULD FUCKING DIE
>no u
>UH WOW REALLY? GEEZ CONTAIN THE EDGE AND THE AUTISM THERE WOAH

>ctrl-F
>"
>559 results

as far as i know, this is the longest technique required for a practical strat, at 10 days long.
youtube.com/watch?v=GMOxYVtJhOI

although he's improved it since with a strategy that doesn't require leaving the n64 on for a week and a half.

The whole video is intended to be a joke. He's acomplishing all the tasks to the letter, but in silly or wastefull ways that don'the adhere to the spirit.

So for example, the task is to enter Cool Cool Mountain, collect the red coins, etc, with the implication that you collect the red coins inside the course. Instead, what he does is enter the course, exits and collects the red coins elsew here, because the wording of the task didn't actually specify. The deleting the file stuff is just icing to drive the point home.

>ctrl-F ctrl-F
>2 results

You don't like your computer science program? I mostly enjoy mine. The actual CS material isn't hard, I just get fed up with all of the additional sciences I have to take.

>ctrl-F ctrl-F ctrl-F
>1 result

I just got to thinking. Internet autists are like great champions of the Chaos Gods.
>Tzeentch - Pannenkoek, of wild, maddening ambition
>Nurgle - Ulillilia, disgusting and static
>Slaanesh - Chris-Chan, genderbent sex maniac

Is there a fucked up autistic youtuber worthy of the Blood God?

ITT: Shitty meme on life-support.

inb4 autists call me "HENRY" LOL LERN YOUR A PRES

Memes aside, I agree with Henry.

Pressing down on something counts as a press. You don't have to lift your finger up. There is no such thing as half a press. It's dumb.

>the speed at 9:15
Oh shit

(You)

What did he mean by this?

I think the biggest facet of the "A Press" controversy that is constantly ignored is that he does everything on a course by course basis. It's half an a-press for the purposes of that course. Over the course of a full run, it would be an a-press.

" H E N R Y "

Every button/key/mouse click input can be read as both being pressed and being released, devs may assign functions to either press or release, that is why certain games allow you to hold a button or just press it once to get different functions.

Half an A press is just holding A.

>Chris-Chan

Did his vagina ever fully blossom?

Henry dosen't even go by "henry" anymore.

He's now tj yoshi.

Probably died of sepsis desu.

>yahooo yayyayayaya-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a--a- HOooo

>14 September - Greene County's court rules that Barb owes $15,906.99, from unpaid debt, to Capital One bank.

strangely arousing.I should probably stop watching pannenkeok

What did you even say in this post? It doesn't even convey a thought. Buzzwords mean nothing.

t. newfag

t.J "Henry" Yoshi

Time to Leave them all Behiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind

There is also this, but it hasnt been used for anything in the runs.

It's just terminology used to indicate what state the A button needs to be in to beat the level.

Let's say you have a level where you only need to HOLD the A button to beat it - you don't need to jump, but you might need the little kicks or whatever else you can do with A held. If you sat Pannenkoek down in front of a running N64 and handed him the controller and said "beat this level" he would need to press A to get the button to the "held down" state to work his magic. But if you let him play from the beginning of the game, as long as he can get INTO the level while holding A, he doesn't need to actually push the button once inside - only hold it down.

So which is it, one press or none? Depends on the context - in a full run, he never actually releases and presses the A button inside the level, but in the context of the level itself, he does need the A button, and he would need to press it if playing that level in isolation. The "Half Press" terminology says just that - I need the A button, but if I can get in here while holding it down, I never need to actually press it.

In a full run, 100 half-press levels back-to-back equals 1 press (you never let go between levels). If you do the same levels all on a different day or different session, you'll need 100 presses.

this is how i used to do it as a kid because i couldn't figure out how to raise the ship

>10 September - Chris posts a word salad on Germany's Autobahn, the Transformers franchise, and his wish that Hitler hadn't died in 1945.

Why do you continue to fight something that has a logical, technical explanation that makes perfect sense.

There are two states of the A button press in which you can benefit. Either the actual press, which would trigger a jump, or the hold, which allows a few actions like hanging from ceilings.

The "half A press" notation is shorthand for the fact that he didn't gain or use any of the benefits from the press itself, only the hold. It's shorthand and it's extremely logical.

other way around

shit why did this get me hard

I hate programming with all my might because we just get 4 hours a week, which on one hand too much longer would make me want to sudoku, but on the other I think it's hard pressed to believe a person can believe a moderate amount of a language in roughly four months unless said person has experience beforehand, so 4 hours a week isn't exactly enough.
I live real far from uni, and the schedule of the teach to answer questions out of class just so happens to be the days I have off, so if I had a five minute question I'd have to make a 3 or 4 hour trip to do so. This applies to virtually any course I've taken so far.

Shit fuckin sucks, and I don't really have any close friends that could help me with programming or math if I'm in a pickle.

Why can't he press A?
This seems like advanced autism to me.

I thought a half press required him to release it, so he couldn't do back to back half press stages without re-pressing again after releasing.

>I live real far from uni, and the schedule of the teach to answer questions out of class just so happens to be the days I have off, so if I had a five minute question I'd have to make a 3 or 4 hour trip to do so

Email dawg. Some professors are really good at keeping up with correspondence like that.

okay
so doing a jump, and then continuing to hold the button down the whole time until the section where you need to slowfall or whatever in fact counts not for 1.5 A presses but only 1 A press.

pannenkeok was trying to be fair when he penalized himself half an A press for such a technique. you've just made him stronger

2413 now

Not even autists cares to DS version

How can full pressers even compete?

it's like saying why can't you use the special weapons in megaman
any nigga can beat megaman if you use the boss' weaknesses, it becomes a lot more fun and challenging buster only. no a-press challenge is just an advanced evolution following this thought process

Should be a full score card with mario winning by 0.5 strokes

This stage is only one beast affecting an any% no a press run, what we really need is to save those TTC presses

In my personal experience as a Comp Sci/ Software Engineering student. Most of what I learnt about programming wasn't done in college courses, at least not in the official program. It was mostly learn in additional workshops or internships. If you're really interested in learning programming (as in data structures, algorithms and other stuff) I highly recommend entering some sort of competitive programming (ACM-ICPC style) workshop.

>4 hours a week is unbearable
>Wants to get a degree so he can program for 40 hours a week

????????

well since he started swinging at home it's still a full A press since in a full run you have to round.

There's nothing advanced or evolved about being the single worst human on the entire planet. Zika babies with AIDS and the fucking plague are more deserving of oxygen than this shit.

yeah 4 hours a week is unbearable because it's not enough time

>no a-press challenge is just an advanced evolution following this thought process
Oh, that's way stupider than what I thought.
And why do people do this? Is it some sort of "I love this game and the developers so much I refuse to use most of he mechanics they put effort into crafting"?

nah bruh, he's carrying that swing from the title screen, it doesn't count

>It's another "I haven't read the channel description and have no idea what i'm talking about episode"

It's a purposeful attempt to break the game completely so yeah, it's exactly what you said.

>which on one hand too much longer would make me want to sudoku

thread should have ended already

>ctrl-F
>1 result
>2 results

Why is it stupid
What about it is stupid
You handicap yourself because it's a challenge

This is literally the entire concept behind football. You don't use your hands because it's a challenge.

no that's pageposting

The countless glitches of mario 64 allow you to finish some courses with minimum jumps.

This guy basically uses his superb math skills and knowledge of the games engine to complete levels with the least amount of jumping possible.

Hal-a press is simply him arguing that because mario jumps before entering a level, that he didn't exactly press the A button during the level.

Did anyone pay attention to the video?
Even some anons that are trying to explain it are getting it wrong.

It is 1 press in an individual run but it is not an extra press in a full run.
He just made the half a press term to name this phenomenon.
Its not that hard. And it has nothing to do with the 3 parts of an A press. I think the fact he put that in his videos is throwing people off.

I spent a few hours to make this visualization.

The stupidity of some of you people pretending to not understand this shit infuriates me. So many people are incapable of logical thought. It astounds me that people need to be retaught entire concepts when they're simply applied to new situations. It's like a really really shitty programmer who knows Java backwards and forwards, but needs to be told what a for loop is when asked to program in Python

That birb knows some smooth moves

Motherfucker i average about 12 hours a week just in the lab for a net admin degree program and then get to drive an hour home to work the 4 days im not going to class and the frustration makes me want to jump out a window. Fuck i love this degree program

This. You're all just encouraging nintendo to make mario games that focus on QPUs and bugged 32 bit floats rather than actual gameplay.

Don't come crying to me when "Super Mario Run 5" on NX has star cloning as a core mechanic.

Your example brings back terrible memories of people I know.

>you will never make a game so good people will spend the next twenty years breaking it down to a microscopic level

HE IS UNSTOPPABLE

Daily reminder that Pancake got banned from speedrunning for being too good.

This is Cred Forums's favorite meme because when people try to prove them wrong, they'll just go "hurrrr henryyyy henryyyy do i fit in yet guise" so they pretend they can never lose an argument.

reminder

>pancake is on Cred Forums RIGHT FUCKING NOW bratposting

>punkte vor monate

What the fuck is this nigger language.

Before acting like a retard make sure your stuff already doesnt exist in the thread

>Sakufag
Fucking shit taste, as expected of pancake.

Let's see
>Yuri = degenerate
>Anime = degenerate

So, we're looking for a common/big language/nation that's also known to be degenerates.
It has to be german

i think there is supposed to be a "hub" at the beginning of the drawing. and if he presses A there, he can hold it thru a level, the hub, and a level again, etc. so he would just have the half press at the beginning. someone else asked earlier, but idk if you can hold A from starting the new save file and count that or not

regardless, it's a self-imposed challenge. it's really about the fact that he does not need to press A to get the majority of the stars. that's impressive despite the argument you have, even if it were true

Mine is not one of those unfortunately. I sent him this one time a little program that wasn't even going to be evaluated, to make sure I did it correctly and understood the instructions as he intended before turning it in. I'm still waiting for a reply, and he didn't even check the program I uploaded anyway.
Not to mention, when it comes to programming, it's a very convoluted thing to deal with through email since it's so dinamic and diverse. Things have to be tested as you code them, and if you're a beginner like me there will constantly be unknown errors. You can't contact a teacher through email every 30 seconds when you get an error.

I don't know where to look. I've seen some posters in corkboards with some activities but they're mostly like competitions and the like.
I'm completely sure I could try harder but at this point I'm so demotivated I just roll with the wind and hope things line up just right as to get a passing grade.
It's also not like I 'want' to learn programming, but it's part of the program for virtually everyone. In fact, the program was so outdated on our major, still using outdated practices and forcing everyone to master every single area of computing pretty much, that this year they had to reform it and split it into three different emphases.
I'm not sure when they come into play formally but I'm pretty positive that I will stay away from the ones that involve programming, or at least choose the one that has the least of it.

Yes nigga, on one hand, and only if it's too much more. Say, 10+ hours a week.
On the other hand, 4 hours is not enough for people that are just starting out. I've lost count of how many practices in class I haven't been able to finish because I'm not even near experienced enough to do, then 2 hours later the class is over, I can't ask the teacher anything else without making hours worth of bus trips, and then getting even more shit introduced immediately in the next class.

He's going to find a way, right, guys?

R-right?

You mean other than stopping whatever effect holding down the button currently has.

(((Henry)))

He has to. Most people merely adopt the A press. He was born in it, molded by it.

>hurrr do i fit in yet guise i said henry too!!! am i part of the meme now?? notice me!!!

(You)

>I have interests outside of SM64
I find that hard to believe.

I think him and I could get along.

youtube.com/watch?v=CidfwZAvb30

>task 5

Every fucking time

[[Enrique]]

"Henry" sure is mad today

>thinks enrique is spanish for henry

oiamlaffin

>Speedrunners are such butthurt spergs that they actually banned him
>thinking that they can actually ban someone from speedrunning

What a bunch of fags

Who brat master race here?

Anyone who isn't Chinashit is fine by me

>task 6
>50 minute wait time for a game crash

what a madman. Did the judges even sit through that? at what point were they like "fuck this"?

Seriously. I mean, how hard is it to just go "Ha ha, very funny. Next." and move on to the next entry?

He is a college professor who is married and has a family. This is just his hobby.

Wait so can never compete in any TAS competition period or a specific event? I am unfamiliar with the community. Either way what a joke that you would ban someone for submitting an obvious joke once

He made a troll submission because they changed the rules on him after he already planned a serious route, fucking him over on one of the tasks and forcing him to redo it.

Given Name HENRY
USAGE: English
PRONOUNCED: HEN-ree [key]
Meaning & History
From the Germanic name Heimirich which meant "home ruler", composed of the elements heim "home" and ric "power, ruler". It was later commonly spelled Heinrich, with the spelling altered due to the influence of other Germanic names like Haganrich, in which the first element is hagan "enclosure".

VARIANT: Harry
DIMINUTIVES: Hal, Hank, Harry
OTHER LANGUAGES: Heimirich, Heinrich, Henricus (Ancient Germanic), Henrik (Armenian), Endika (Basque), Enric (Catalan), Henrik (Croatian), Jindřich, Hynek (Czech), Henrik, Henning (Danish), Hendrik, Henricus, Heike, Heiko, Hein, Henk, Hennie, Henny, Rik (Dutch), Hendrik (Estonian), Harri, Henri, Henrikki, Heikki (Finnish), Henri, Enzo (French), Heike, Heiko (Frisian), Anri (Georgian), Heinrich, Hendrik, Henrik, Heiner, Heinz, Henning (German), Henrik (Hungarian), Hinrik (Icelandic), Anraí, Einrí (Irish), Enrico, Arrigo, Enzo, Rico (Italian), Henrikas, Herkus (Lithuanian), Hinrich, Heike, Heiko (Low German), Herry (Medieval English), Henrik, Henning (Norwegian), Henryk (Polish), Henrique (Portuguese), Eanraig, Hendry (Scottish), Henrich (Slovak), Henrik (Slovene), Enrique, Kike, Quique (Spanish), Henrik, Henning (Swedish), Harri (Welsh)

why are you posting lies on a malaysian basket weaving forum

>Kike

I doubt they banned him from speedrunning, presumably just from submitting entries for that competition.

>Kike

Yep, definitely a trusted source you've got there buddy.

Speedrunning is serious business to them

Maybe they were jealous that in reality pannenko is better and more knowledgeable than all of them and that's why he didn't take their tasks seriously

If I were on your shoes i'd look for some vocational advice. Although I know programming isn't everything in Comp. Sci. It is perhaps the only profitable activity that you will do if you pursue that carreer (besides dedicating yourseld to academia). If you aren't motivated doing what you're doing in your carreer then maybe you simply chose wrong.

all that happened is that he was disqualified from the contest

how about the a press is one part where you press the fucking a button

This "a press counting" garbage is some of the most autistic shit I've ever seen, but hey that's speed running I guess

>Words have exactly one meaning across every culture throughout history

but its not speedrunning

Top kek

>that last one with the bob-ombs
Holy shit what a legend

>still on damage control mode

Just admit you were wrong and are only here for the meme attention whoring, nobody is going to judge you for trying to fit in.

It would be written more accurately as Kiké, and aside from sounding differently kike as a slur is relatively recent compared to the nickname.

It's using the same tools used by speedrunners to achieve a different goal.
Instead of aiming to beat the game in the shortest amount of time, he's aiming to beat it using the least amount of A presses.

I would have written it more accurately as "keke", to be on par with the memes

Motherfucker has style

>50 minutes later....

>dat bomb finish

I'm with Henry

There's the issue though, if I were to switch majors then I don't know what else to choose.
The big reason I chose compsci is if I was already spending 12 hours a day in front of a computer, then I might as well make the best of it and learn how to do useful things in those 12 hours.

I have no interest in art. Not in history. Not in languages (speaking of languages as majors per se, not as learning other languages). Not in teaching. Not in engineering. Not in politics. I have so few interests it's really frightening.
I can't even say I "fell for the compsci meme" because I absolutely knew it wasn't going to be making shitty games 24/7.
The major just so happens to tangentially be related to laying on your ass for entire days scouring the internet, and since I couldn't think of anything else where I could potentially be good at other than compsci I just went with it and hoped for the best.

It might actually be time for me to look for vocational help.

>task 5
>when that little puddle shows up

Every fucking time.

I've been purposefully ignoring these threads since they popped up. Now I'm curious. Someone redpill me on what is going on.

That doesn't make it a half press, it means you're holding it down or tapping it, that has been in tons of video games.

why doesnt he just change the buttons on the controller? if the b button jumps then the problem is solved and theres not more arguing over what's a press

youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

wtf am i watching?

Better go to school instead of shitposting here, kid if you dont want to end up in that restaurant you eat 5 times a week

He has other videos that are experimental ideas as well, you fucking memespouting retard. This isn't the first.

this is some next level autism

Ayano best, brat is second best.
Says it true.

>7:30 am
>better check Cred Forums to see if someone called out my country out on being the pissloving degenerates they are

As retarded as that suggestion is, you can't remap buttons for Super Mario 64 for one, and for two, then the requirement would change to become "jump button presses" rather than a specific "A" or "B" input.

A man is very good at exploiting super mario 64, and explaining his exploits with computer science.

I think I'd get along well with Lincoln. Don't mean it's worth telling anybody.

It's amazing watching him figuring this shit out

It happened in the rolling rocks meme video if you were listening

But that's a 0.333 A press.

>raises it at home
>goes to the ball
>swings

that's one whole swing you fucking plumper. and what am i crying for in that image?

ignores the 3rd part because it does nothing in mario

Not if he keeps the swing down at it's end

yeah the comic misses the point because in full game runs there are no .5 presses, .5 A press just means in a single level setting, that doing the method requires an a press that happened outside the normal bounds of that level.

You got burned, bernd.

>tfw you get stuck in a PU with floats too coarse to allow you to move
youtube.com/watch?v=9hdFG2GcNuA

Restriction breeds creativity

Mechanic videos > Theory videos > Glitch abuse videos

Anime is so fucking lazy holy shit I don't know how you weeaboos do it.

dude if your reaction image folder was lost an you needed a refill all you needed was to ask.

Task 5 isn't hard even within a normal run. The fuck were they thinking?

Right here famalam

youtu.be/APo7805Yzhk
Always relevant

It's the idea of getting it done fast.

>theory videos
>greater than anything

Brat squadron reporting in

>not wanting to watch pannen debunk all the ideas people have been throwing at him like he's a fucking Super Mario Mythbuster

You're not looking at in context. In an 18-hole run, that's a half swing.

It's similar to the A presses. Yes, if you consider that he just presses A before entering the level, then enters it with it held and lets go once throughout the level it's hardly a "half A press". But in context, in a 120 star run for example, he wouldn't randomly press A standing outside the level. He would have pressed A at a necessary point to get some other star, and continued having it pressed as he entered Hazy Maze Cave. So you could argue that he half-pressed it in the level before Hazy Maze Cave and half-pressed it in HMC. He did two things with one press, it's a half press.

When you swing the club you start with it down, you swing it back behind you, then you swing forwards and sweep through until it's ahead of you. Let's call these positions B (back), D (down), F (forward).

If there's one hole you need to do a BDFD to sink the ball and return the club to neutral. If there are two holes you can hold the club at the end of one swing and do the next swing backwards to sink the second ball, so BDFDBD to sink two balls.

When you start a hole with the club already raised it's presumed you're coming from the last hole. Yes, if you come from home and do one hole in isolation you did a full swing, but you're doing part of a swing you started on the last hole.

I guess if BDFD is a full swing and you can complete two holes in BDFDBD instead of BDFDBDFD then when you average the amount of motions over the number of holes you really did 3/4ths of a swing per hole so he should have written down 0.75.

Thought you were talking about stuff like game theory and vaatividya, my bad.

autismos related videos

what is this autistic shit? doea the shit he's saying and doing actually mean anything or is it just insane goobeldygook?

EXPLAIN

Could you please explain what is happening here?

What the fuck is this thread

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

t. Woman or Baby Boomer

It's a rotten banana with a condom on it, you retards.

Spergs sperging out over autism and forced memes.

This is fucking max level autism. Making a garbage youtube video about a garbage 20 year old game where some faggot plays the game thousands of times artificially limiting himself to a number of jumps. On top of that he wants to discuss ideas on how to not jump as if it actually matters.

so it's just autistic drivel? good to know

This.

What is doing on the bird?

Relies on certain acronyms in some places and it assumes knowledge of what is happening under the hood(his other videos) but the general concept of the video is bright and clear. He's debunking proposed solutions to a particular self-designed puzzle central to his content.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''henry'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Read a book nigger.

He shit on the wrong car.

>Pannenkoek will never defeat the pole
>He will never replicate the upwarp

Just wait until he gets cosmic ray manipulation down.
We've got it then.

>bypass all the actual puzzles with hugely complicated strategies that involve detailed mastery of the game's mechanics to an extent that even the developers probably didn't know about
>get stumped by the most trivial obstacle imaginable

Pancake had a hard life.

Feel better soon, Henry

I want to see the original developers gaze in wonder at what the crazy gaijin did to their game.

You can always grab mupen, and go to TTC to get that precious upwarp user

There's a $1000 dollar bounty on the upwarp glitch in TTC

Let's get that money, Cred Forums.

>this video plays dire dire docks at the right speed
>that platforming skill

this satisfies my autism greatly

>Cred Forums is the only board I know that can continue to build up a stupid shitty meme

That's nothing, Cred Forums has been building up Pepe for YEARS and managed to make it an issue in the election.

I couldn't jerk off to this.
The dialogue in most pornography is bad enough (including drawn, written and video pornography) but meme spouting on top of that?
That shit's just terrible.

i'm pretty sure that's the point

Are the alt-right actually white supremicist? I thought they were just strongly nationalist. I don't really know much about the alt-right so please let me know if I'm wrong.

How long do you guys think it'll be before shadman mysteriously goes missing?

The alt-right is anyone who doesn't support Hillary.

Read this: voxday.blogspot.com/2016/08/what-alt-right-is.html

But is also correct, at least to the media who keeps trying to make social libertarians like Milo and Alex Jones as "leaders of the alt-right".

Considering that he lives in Switzerland, probably never.

They're a bunch of edgy teenagers trying to get a reaction, they just do whatever helps them achieve that goal.
Ever wondered why you get called a cuck if you disagree with some Cred Forums fag that doesn't even use capital letters when you're not even sure what a cuck is and it doesn't really make sense to call you one when you look it up? The "alt-right" is why.

Hillary looks hot as fuck in some pictures, and like she's been a grandmother since her 20s in others.

As much as Shad is a guilty pleasure of mine something about this still rubs me the wrong way

I think it's who it is, or the dialogue

But Cred Forums stole neo-pepe from /r9k/, who created it from sadfrog.

Maybe the fact that de-aging somehow gave her braces and she's still wearing a wedding band as a loli.

Didn't he move to America? He's fucked.

And /r9k/ stole sadfrog from us.

cute

Thanks user.

>Switzerland
Shad is Swiss? Shit I thought the swiss we're mild as fuck, I would've never guessed.

>They're a bunch of edgy teenagers trying to get a reaction
Cred Forums's not Cred Forums
>Ever wondered why you get called a cuck if you disagree with some Cred Forums fag that doesn't even use capital letters when you're not even sure what a cuck is and it doesn't really make sense to call you one when you look it up
The cuck meme is on like every single board. Especially here on Cred Forums. How new are you?

>tumblr art
Absolutely disgusting.

>xDDD hownew.ru
You certainly seem familiar with Cred Forums and Cred Forums, huh?
Thanks for proving my point.

It's been over a year. It's a dead end.

>fucking Idubbbz/Leafy memeshittery

What

Pepe is a false prophet. Kek is our lord and savior.

I'm sorry Cred Forums rubs you the wrong way. But they're not the ones who have been calling Anthony Burch a cuck for years.

>missing chin

Hey, that's pretty good.

More like Pepe is a manifestation of Kek (PBUH).

Butthurt SJW detected, we're taking Cred Forums back and it's fun allowed principles whether you like it or not. :^)

>when you go back and he really is making a conscious effort to cover it up in basically every single shot he appears in

I find it amazing that in Mario reaches infinite vertical speed, the game crashes.

As in, Mario doesn't have any limitations. Reality breaks before he does.

>that weak response by Leafy that was totally destroyed by Idubbz's second video

I'm honestly surprised he even bothered making a second one, he usually ignores this kind of shit when it gets this far

Confirmed faggot.

Cred Forums is 2012 Cred Forums.

Idubbbz has always walked this line between based and really awkwardly unfunny.

>Shad
>Tumblr art

Sure, I'll take the bait. You're retarded.

He made a response to the CQafinne guy response video, wich lead to the guy ending himself.

I'm still expecting chin boy to dig himself even a bigger grave with a second "reposnse to content deputy". His channel won't ever die, but his reputation as a youtuber is already dead, all his "friends" are memeing around with ian and the only people he has left are 12 year old chubby pre teen emo girls, sad as fuck.

>someone's familiarity with board culture somehow proves your point
It's not our fault you're a newfag.

If you give a shit about youtube """drama""" you're a fucking loser.

You have to admit he rolls with the punches though and did a very good job turning Leafy's usage of his old videos around against him

I think he just doesn't give a shit and that's why his content teeter totters in the way you described

alright, who did this?

>you will live to see Pancake evolve into a being able to manipulate cosmic rays with enough precision to completely rewrite Mario 64's code into a 4D metaphysics puzzle where the only winning move is not to press A
Feels good man

I don't understand this apostrophe/quotation mark meme, but you're saying this on Cred Forums. We're all losers here.

things doesnt matter intrinsical. Every value is "put in" by humans.

Please explain how one value can be more valuable than another value when both values are purely subjective.

But then there's this shit
spoilered to protect the innocent

fucking hot

Nah friend, there's different kinds of losers. There's the kind that keep their bullshit contained on a board full of faggots bickering amongst eachother, and localized.

and there's the faggots that eat up the shit that is youtube drama, for fuck's sake reading trash like the national enquirer or watching those shows that cover hollywood drama doesn't even compare to being a consumer of YOUTUBE drama.

This is entertainment for the upper echelon of society. Judges, skilled biologists and so on.

""""Henrys""""" will never understand. They just point at these fine workings and make a retarded quip in order to feel being smart. Like every time someone complains about politics.

A loser is a loser no matter how you try to quantify him.

You are comparing shit to even more shit when the fact of the matter is that it's still shit.

you're momma

>A loser is a loser no matter how you try to quantify him.
If a person lost in a past life and continues to be a loser in their present life, then we an refer to this as a 0.5 loser.

>believing in past lives
Faggot.

BEST

A billion poo in loos can't be wrong.

hah

shazbot

There's a lot of "Henrys" in this thread who should kill themselves for being failed normalfags.

>Speedrunners are such butthurt spergs that they actually banned him
Why the fuck would they ban him? He was the one who discovered the sub-5 speedrun strat using PU's

>Cred Forums is 2006 Cred Forums

Fix'd.

no, he's correctly stating that a digital wave has a rising and falling edge. He's only using the falling edge (when it goes low) because it's already high when he enters the level.

Cred Forums is 2008 Cred Forums

>Are you kidding? SSL task was something close to literature. Mario, having spent countless days wandering in the desert, uses his last bit of strength to crawl to a body of water. In the way, however, is a cruel labyrinth of ebony stone. First you ask yourself, "can Mario go through unscathed?", only to discover that there's no way he can beat a cube without some injury. With the first cube out of the way, the second one is trivial. The real magic of this submission comes in the final stretch of the cube section. You know Mario can't take more abuse. You he has no strength left. From previous experience you learned what is the cost of the unforgiving keeper of that path. Your heart races along with Mario, knowing that the end goal, fresh, crystalline water salvation is right there, but the growing silhouette of the death spelling cube draws ever close. A moment of pure adrenaline... and you're letting out the air, knowing that brave Mario is safe from the terrifying obstacle and on his way to a happy ending.

>"In terms of female happiness, women’s liberation was probably a mistake"
>social libertarian

Ok """""""""""""""""Henry""""""""""""""

It's no different, because a swing only consists of bringing the club down to hit, and bringing it up to ready for a hit.

Having the club keep moving after you hit is purely aesthetic to the swing other than that it takes effort to not have it keep moving.

He kind of just ends the video without a proper conclusion. He could at least summarize the video and point to any interesting ideas for further investigation or say that there isn't anything else worth trying.

>KICK DRIVE ENGAGED

It's just a fucking definition they've made up where a single instance of the "A-press" consists of pressing, holding, and releasing the button. That is the A-press is not completed until the button has been released.

The definition is only applied in these runs where they try to use the A-button as little as possible (or whatever their goal is). It's really not that hard to understand

>you will never beat a platformer without even jumping
May as well just kill yourself now famalam

Neither will pannenkoek, thanks to that pole.

youtube.com/watch?v=8TWJEZKu5IA
new video

Joke's on you, he was holding that swing while joining the golf club.

fuck

Okay if you're holding down A before you get it counts as one press, but since you held it down before you got in it counts as half for that area

>videogames

t. thebull

uhhhhh

>we can position him just right

>the idiots that quote everyone in the thread

why do normies like you even post on our board
this board if for people that love video games, not some idiot that comes along and "just doesn't get it" while using 9gag images

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS SPEEDRUN)

Was this ever figured out?

Do you see 'CLAIMED' in the title, user?
I wonder if you could watch the recording of the stream it happened on, and then painstakingly copy every single input the guy makes. The same inputs would have to produce the same result, unless there was some RNG involved.
Man I hope someone solves it.

It was caused by a single byte change and probably not replicatable.

It could've been an emulator bug, who knows.

The guy in the video was playing on original hardware. The original hardware can have occasional faults, sometimes extremely unexpected ones; most of those faults happen in registers that are impossible to notice during gameplay, but that occurrence was a 1 in a million thing that had both a perceivable and incredible effect.

There's a good reason Pannenkoek offered 1000 burgertokens. Most possibilities other than the most likely one have already been ruled out, and the most likely possibility is that you simply can't reproduce it.

>Brawl in the Family

>football
>don't use your hands

you fucking wot?
are you watching the same sport as i am?

hey thanks for exposing a few more animefags that are going to be banned now

and what's wrong with that?

He's talking about football, not handegg.

>alt-right
aka

>made up garbage spewed by liberal media

and normies with no understanding will eat that shit up

>Meet a cute girl
>She's not in the QPU grid

Why even live.

Who is the most autist Pannenkeok vs Ulillillia?

>super mario 64 isn't a video game

get banned idiot

you mean soccer?

Speedrunning is serious business.

And by serious business I mostly mean more autistic than anything mere mortals can comprehend.

leave him be

exactly, it's not a speed run it's a jump the less possible time run.
still don't understand the point of the a presses though, considering you could just go for the number of jump instead

i don't get it, is this a speedrunning thing where he's trying to save himself the time it takes to press the A button, or is it some kind of special challenge to complete the game without using the A button?

Because it's NOT a "jump the fewest times" run, it's a "low A button press" run.

It's the latter. The video that made him a meme has him running backwards against a wall for twelve-hours so he can overflow a value in the game and travel to a "parallel universe" as part of a glitch, and I think other strategies he uses require even more prep time.

What is the point of holding A down anyway? Does it make Mario more floaty while in the air?

One has a successful career and spends his free time teaching the internet about the most influential 3D platformer of all time through his self-imposed challenges.

The other is an unemployed recluse who is mostly known for doing weird shit like meticulously documenting what's going on in his head, spending thousands of hours playing what's widely regarded as the worst 3D platformer of all time, and eating a diet consisting solely of frozen pizzas that he spends half an hour "degreasing".

You can't even compare them.

>Tornadoes are an unlimited resource, so theres no reason not to use them.

This is the power of a transcended human

I came to the thread hoping for discussion on a solution to his problem with people thinking really outside the box.
I got memes.
fuck Cred Forums, you really are just Cred Forums light now.
never good

there are button presses and button releases

game keeps track of both

It's pretty fucking hard to come up with anything with how exhaustive his attempts are.

It's also hard to come up with new ideas when people keep posting about how they don't understand half A presses.

To br quite frank, a regular person isn't going to be able to come up with a solution.
You need a deep understanding of how the game works under the hood and how to break it to do what he does.

Could just ignore them. Anyone who doesn't understand 0.5 A presses at this point are just baiting.

Havent laffed so much in years

Henry you're the best please never bend to your PU overlords.

reeee