Want to get into it, what are the best games of the franchise?

Want to get into it, what are the best games of the franchise?

Super Metroid
Metroid Prime

both very different games, but great.

Play
Zero Mission, Prime Trilogy, AM2R, then Super Metroid and stop.

What about Metroid Fusion?

got you senpai

Zero Mission and Super are great. Fusion pretty fun too.

Thanks!

Someone should probably edit that you can grab the Prime Trilogy off the WiiU eshop at a decent price.

that, and add AM2R and Federation Force

Would like to download it (AM2R) but I cant find a link

>fan games

Let's not. Focus on official titles and spinoffs. Maybe add a completely separate box for fan titles if you REALLY want it to be there.

That's an old version of the image. One with AM2R and FF was made a long time ago.

Super, Zero Mission, and AM2R. The Prime games are not real Metroid games.

>zero mission being on must-play
>not fusion

Except they are, but in 3D.

>he actually thinks this

Go play it. Come back later. Then we talk.

Don't feed the trolls.

>implying I haven't
The 3D games are not true Metroid games, and they are nowhere near as good as the 2D ones.

Prove your point.

This
You almost embarassed yourself

(You)

gitgud at samefagging

gitgud at recognizing

Super, Prime, and Prime II (though for different reasons)

AM2R is my favorite, but it's best experienced after the others, Fusion and Metroid 2 in particular since you'll appreciate the little touches and Easter eggs more.

Prime trilogy, super metroid, zero mission, and fusion are all great. I still need hunters for my collection, I haven't played that one and still need to sit down and play AM2R

I'd say start with Federation Force, since it's the newest game and introduces you to the new Metroid universe.

Definitely avoid Prime 2 and Fusion... those are not games for beginners. Start with Super, if you absolutely have to have an older game. And be sure you buy it... playing a pirated version removes all the enemies in the game.

>Fusion
>not for beginners

>replying to somebody quoting you is samefagging
what?

>Being a corporate cocksucker
fuck off, official doesn't mean shit, AM2R surpasses the quality of most metroid titles and as such should be represented alongside the best.

It's been a very long time since my last playthrough of a metroid game, but I started to play Prime 3 again.

Holy fuck I love this series. Completely forgot how fun and atmospheric the games are. Really looking forward to playing the other primes and fusion again.

Shit, if that's all that's required, then we should throw Hyper Metroid on that list too!
And Super Metroid Redesign! Axeil Edition of course.

Don't waste your time.

Metroid is a shitty walking simulator. There is no difficulty involved, you just button mash your way into victory.

>Hyper Metroid and Super Metroid Redesign
>Being superior to or meeting the standard of the majority of Metroid games
????

Only if you have garbage taste and no idea what a good game actually is.

Haha holy shit, you cannot be serious

Hey you forgot Z-Factor

Redesign is an unpolished carbon copy of the original super metroid with worse level design and doesn't add anything new to the table. It's inferior to the original in just about every way.

Hyper Metroid is cringey and I couldn't get past the intro.

AM2R, on the other hand, is original, has great level design, has a great soundtrack, has great art direction, has fantastic boss fights, has fantastic controls and physics, and overall was both far superior from the original metroid 2 and also different enough to stand on its own. It is essentially an original, unique, high quality, and fun title.

>worse level design than Super Metroid

Literally impossible. Unless the entire game takes place in Maridia.

I've been playing a game with the Sper Metroid randomizer, and it's pretty fun. Makes the game challenging as well.

You're part of the reason why Metroid threads suck now, you know that right?

>carbon copy of the original
heh, if you can say that, I can say AM2R is a carbon copy of the original
>didn't even PLAY Hyper
you can't say shit about it, then

Super Metroid Redesign:
>Same enemies
>Same art assets
>Same sprites
>Same music
>Same powerups
>Overall the same game on an aesthetic level.

AM2R:
>New, different enemies.
>Completely new art assets that differenciate the areas from eachother, new areas that look new alltogether, unlike in the original where everything looked the exact same.
>Completely new boss fights.
>Completely new music.
>Completely new sprites and animations
>Far more powerups than the original
>Overall, a completely different game from Metroid 2 on an aesthetic level.

AM2R SHITS on redesign.

Also, if you think redesign is good, why do you think I'd trust your credibility in that Hyper is good?

not him, but AM2R actually reuses a shitload of graphical assets from Fusion and Zero Mission
At least over half the game's worth

I don't like Super Metroid I don't think it's a bad game, but I don't like it.

people on Cred Forums love to shit on Fusion because of "muh linear", but they seems to all forgot that ZM does the exact same thing with the Chozo statues.

Fusion is top tier metroid game, the boss fight alone put in shame every other game

the statues are optional, and there are far less of them than there are required trips to the navigation rooms

just try it

Am I the only person that like the combat mechanics of Other M?

>you just button mash your way into victory

this isn't an Ubisoft game

I thought it was interesting, but not interesting enough for me to overlook the flaws of the title

I never finished it. What are the flaws?

Let's be real, AM2R is good but it only gets as much praise as it does because there hasn't been a real Metroid in a long time and it's cool to use it as a reason to shit on Nintendo. It ain't Super Metroid levels of good.

comedy gold

you forgot a game

You tell him, champ

Why is Pinball on there twice