HP and MP are fully healed upon leveling up

>HP and MP are fully healed upon leveling up

Is this bad game design?

Have you never gotten caught in a sticky situation only to be saved by the level up? Turns the tide quickly.

No.

>HP regenerates when you're out of combat
Name a single worst game design than this.

only if it happens during combat imo... there should be an off switch for it though

That's why it's bad game design

It is good design when level up time-management is an integral part of the game and a valid strategy.

In Battle For Wesnoth, for instance, leveling up in the right time can change entirely the outcome of a battle, and learning when and how is an integral part of the game design.

So no, you goofy.

Backtracking to find a random health pack

>HP and MP are not fully healed upon leveling up

t. tryhard Cred Forumscore cuck that believes all good game design needs to be for the sake of difficulty

Slow health regen outside of combat is good as it's a good representation of natural healing. Works well in tandem with games that have a wounding mechanic that chips off your max hp until treated.
Eye-jam to full health in 5 seconds of non-combat is absolute trash design though.

You mean good game design you fag.

>Really tense moment
>Holy shit I could die if I get hit once
>Level up suddenly
>Full mana/hp
>tension broken

It's honestly more annoying than anything in my opinion.

Maybe if you didn't suck at the game you wouldn't need to go scavenge for health.

It's ok, but I wouldn't miss it if it was gone.

god tier
>hp/mp restored fully

good tier
>hp/mp increased by the amount gained

okay tier
>hp/mp increased so that you have the same % remaining

absolute shit tier
>hp/mp do not increase at all

>using Sakura to shitpost

Is this bad thread design?

Reminds me of F.E.A.R

>stats/RPG elements
>anything but shit game design

save it for the tabletops where abstraction of physical mechanics actually has some meaning

Pretty good game design since you can explore and stay longer in more dangerous areas that reward more exp but would otherwise be unsustainable for long because of the high hp/mp lose.

>early level sorcerer in Diablo 1
>almost out of mana
>out of potions
>charged bolt staff out of charges
>level up pops

I hated FF6 because it didn't have that shit.

Fuck grinding for GP so I can buy stupid ass fucking shitty potions.

Yknow what? Theres a game that basically makes the fact that you heal full mana/hp on level up a core mechanic, basically the most important mechanic in the game. Desktop dungeons.

Basically it's sorta like a rougelike puzzle game, and you have to figure out how to "solve" the level (which takes no more than a few minutes) in the most efficient way which will leave you just strong enough to defeat the boss of the level, and of course every time you level up you're fully healed, which is pretty important considering you'll need to save all the potions and such for the boss. So you could, for example, weaken an enemy, then get really close to leveling up, fight the boss, then halfway through run over and 1 shot the weaker enemy, level up, heal to full, and then fight the boss. And since it's a hard-ass game, most of the time you NEED to come up with shit like this to actually beat the level.

Yeah, fun game

>anime girl reaction face image

Is this bad posting?

Getting saved by a level up always felt bad-ass to me

like a heroic second wind just when all hope is lost idk im probably just being an rp fag though

Enemies that respawn offscreen. See Mega Man X for example. Great game but the constantly respawning enemies got really annoying after a while.

Always thought it was funny that DW8 doesn't have this.

Its like a second wind sort of thing

>playing games where HP and Mana don't fully restore when leveling up

Not even worth my time

desktop dungeons bases its entire gameplay around this, you can't beat more difficult dungeons without exploiting this single concept continuously

>capacity upgrades give you free ammo
This ruins the survival horror

>Level up suddenly
>Full mana/hp
>YOU'RE IN FOR AN ASS WHUPPIN NOW BOY

I love it when it happens mid fight

No, you fucking cuck

So you're mad that you almost died but didn't? Maybe just kill yourself in real life and that'll solve your autism?

It's bad design. Too gamey when you're timing level-ups or saving level-up items because the heal.

>grinding
>beat lots of monsters
>hp sp and items are running low
>guess it's time to call it a day
>entire party levels up
>herewego.jpg

>know I'm close to a level up
>carefully pace fights so I have just enough when encountering boss
>go kamikaze spell spam on the boss until I'm about the die, kill a random mook and I'm home free
I abuse it in every game possible, it really is broken when you can get a boss down like 30% before the real "fight" actually starts.

no

>Scumbag rogue ganks me
>Almost dead
>Finish killing a mob while the Rogue is still on me
>Level up
>Kick his ass

Best mechanic

>fighting final boss
>shit's coming down to the wire
>no more heals
>MESSAGED RATED
>health fully restored
alright

>owning boss
>boss suddenly kills its own ally and levels up
>hp and mp restored

>YOU'RE IN FOR AN ASS WHUPPIN NOW BOY
this is a perfect summary of that feeling

Yeah bro just don't get hit in a game where getting hit is a percentage based chance.
Or a game where avoiding all damage is next to impossible because the enemy is designed to chip away at you with minor damage that you can't dodge.
Or a game where avoiding harm requires advance meta knowledge meaning you've already played, beaten and mastered the areas previously.

I really like that manga, it's cute. I wonder where it will go, I really hope she never gets a human/humanoid form where she can speak and get along with people, I'm fine with her writing messages in web and shit but I hope it doesn't just become the same as every "transported to another world" manga.

>When you get the item that increases your health bar, your health refills to max

there's 300 chapters of web novel, fool