I told you back in April that Nintendo was dead. I told you. They are fucking dead

ibtimes.co.uk/pokemon-company-ceo-confirms-nintendo-nx-home-handheld-console-hybrid-1582347

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6UbcWMZHbvs
youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And how are they dead exactly?

muh console wars

>"The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device," said Ishihara. "We will make games for the NX."
A bit vague IMO

sonycuck delusions

guess the wii is still in their nightmares

Mario Run tier games and 3DS recycle.

They confirmed no such thing. Blatant clickbait title

Ah, didn't read quote I see.

>sony boogieman

We did it Sonybros.......we fucking did it.......

AMD has no ARM SoC, so what is that unannounced design win of theirs?

I don't get it. Their handhelds usually sell really well, why would they want to lump their success story in with their failing home console line?

They're not dragging down their handhelds with their consoles, they're letting their consoles hitch a ride on the handheld.

Imagine a single device with literally every Nintendo IP on it.

Still the best selling handhelds. Also, somebody make one for Gameboy>Color>Advance>etc

>Imagine a single device with literally every Nintendo IP on it.
So a 3ds?

Now post the total amount of sales for each of them.

Well, not just IP, but game. Like 3D Zelda and Pokemon on the same platform.

>PSP-1000
>PSP-2000
>PSP-3000
>PSP Go

>PS Vita
>PS Vita 2000
>PlayStation TV

Woooahhhh I guess... it's okay...when Sony does it but they can't do it anymore because it's dead???

i dont get the shitfest about it

isn't that pretty much what they made the wii u out to be?

We'll finally have console pokemon games again

not an argument

I agree Sony can do no wrong and it's only okay when they do what Nintendo does!

It's over! Nintendo is FINISHED!!

No, you obviously can't walk around with the gamepad. The off screen play was so families can continue to be in the living room together even if someone needs to use the TV. Or some shit like that.

How is this a bad thing? Home-handheld console is exactly what I wanted. Finally, a gimmick that's means something!

>only one handheld even on the market
>it's the best selling one!!

Now don't jump the gun just yet. We need to know its final name to judge for sure.

If they keep it NX or give it something unique, then it'll probably be fine.

If it's something like the WiiToo or some dumb, confusing-to-consumers shit like that, then they're definitely dead.

(Yew)

I TOLD YOU IT WAS A DUAL SYSTEM!!

That's Nintendo's jew method.

>Muh jew method of the my company of choice is better than yours.

Baka sonypony.

N3DSI when?

hahahahahHAHAHAHHAHHA

>pokemon games
>dying

nah. This seals the deal. The NX is going to dominate

>Mobile Nintendo games? Nintendo is finished!!1!
>Meanwhile every other company on earth has been making mobile games for years

What the fuck is this supposed to convey?

No. You're wrong. The public has been burned by pokemon go, exhausting the IP's attraction power

They'll just be the handheld games with the option to play them like a console game

Imagine the Gameboy Player

It's the best thing that will have happened with the franchise in years and that will go for Animal Crossing as well

HAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAA

HOLY SHIT

how scared are you?

(You)

Agreed. Nintendo had it's chance, it's time for a new power to rise

You are one of those who think the 3ds is just another ds model and not the sucessor aren't you

No wonder they're taking their time announcing it, 3DS sales will plummet once people realize 3DS is about to be replaced as well as Wii U.

I remember that thread, how did you know?
also,
C O N S O L E
O
N
S
O
L
E

WARS

with the highly likely possibility that they're going to bust out a bunch of AR games like Pokemon Go, I've been feeling kind of excited, but then the thought of how Pokemon Go's player base eventually died down, I'm beginning to wonder how Nintendo is going to keep people on board
an AR style Animal Crossing is something I'm highly expecting, which is a system seller on handheld so I believe that'll make the system sell incredibly well

ONE MEME!1! ^.^~

>Pokemon
>not selling goddamn millions

The NX will fucking explode if the rumors of the NX Pokemon are actually true with it being a remake of Gen 1.

>Vita
>PSP
>A lot of other smaller shit

Pokemon GO was just trending a few days ago still at 1 million and something. Considering its died down, that is still impressive for a phone game of GO's quality.

Pokemon is too powerful.

can't believe sonyfags are still mad over this. then again, they're all children, so.

>home handheld console
does this mean ill be playing on my tv then when i gotta take a shit i can just get up and play it like a handheld on the toilet then come back and play it on my tv seamlessly?

that shit would sell like hotcakes

Holy fuck dude how out of touch could you possibly be

Like you must just sit on Cred Forums all day and take every dumbass thread you read as fact

I love how much one punch man triggers autist

A console/handheld hybrid is a good thing though

Yeah pretty much.

that people started hating nintendo as a meme and never really bothered reading what they repost, or why.

So its pretty much confirmed it'll be less powerful than the Wii U?
Something with a handheld component can't possibly keep up with a dedicated home console.

Sony made fucking ghostbusters.

You could already do that on the Wii U and look how well that went

You're the kind of guy who backs their entire arguments through pictures someone else made, aren't you

Post MOAR.
I love this anime! :3

That is pretty much most of Cred Forums, you can just remove Nintendo.

>the people started hating (insert whatever) as a meme and never really bothered reading what they repost, or why

That is pretty much everything on Cred Forums.

Why does Nintendo try so hard to be innovative when they know nothing about hardware

Aren't you WiiUfags happy that you get to play the inferior version of Zelda?
Guess that's how nintendo shows their appreciation for you buying their garbage console when no one else would.

You answered your own question.

Gimmicks are all they have.

I bet nintendo is going to be dumb enough to call it the -NEW- Nintendo Wii U.

>you are witnissing the death of nintendo in front of your very eyes
Why, why didn't MS die instead?

And games

Not entirely, since we don't know how it works. It could be very similar to a laptop and still have a lot of power in it, but a tad more condensed and smaller.

Its very possible to still have it be stronger than the Wii U. That and we don't know if there isn't some type of system where it'll use more power, graphical capability due to a box when hooked into the TV for instance.

Nintendo's main strength has always been its handhelds, so this could turn out well for them

all that waiting finally paid off

plus now I can buy games second hand cheap as fuck

They know a lot about hardware, though. They've driven every major hardware innovation in the history of video games.

Friendly reminder that the PC has never driven any actual hardware innovations beyond horsepower and every attempt at introducing peripherals has failed - see """"virtual reality"""" for a recent example.

Psp
Psp2k
Psp3k
Psp go

Ps vita
Ps vita 2k
Ps tv

PlayStation 1
Ps1 micro

Ps2
Ps2 slim

PS3
PS3 slim

Ps4
Ps4 slim
Ps4 neo

All signs are pointing towards Nintendo's eventual exit from the console market and going into handheld and mobile platforms. Rejoice bros, we're slowly doing it.

it's great when game allow it. If they do it again with a better screen and the main GPU on it instead of splitting with the TV I'm getting it.

They want to recreate the Wii's success without abandoning all of the people in Japan that buy Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing, and Dragon Quest.
This is their best way to go about it.

Not sure if this a good thing or a bad thing, but i would like to see nintendo working with microsoft, kinda.

>PlayStation TV
Oh ok now you're grasping at straws

Who wins if there will never be a console
>F-Zero
>Zelda
>3D Mario
>Metroid
Tell me, sonygger. Who wins?

And then they'll just make more money because that is where the future is going. And by the time Sony and Microsoft enter it, Nintendo will be the Kings of it.

Welcome to the future, enjoy your miserable stay.

...but those will all have a happy home on Sony consoles

>2459392
I have never seen so many nintendrones triggered by one picture

The absolute salt one must need to see the negatives in this.

>They've driven every major hardware innovation in the history of video games.
Because their only competition was SEGA, which its idea of hardware is slapping metal together and seeing what works

After Sony and PC came into play, Nintendo's fucking horrid hardware because obvious. I mean Jesus Christ look how fast the Wii U is being emulated right now

>Friendly reminder that the PC has never driven any actual hardware innovations beyond horsepower and every attempt at introducing peripherals has failed
Nintendo hasn't driven anything either
>wagglan
LMAO fuck off Nintendrone

>he seriously thinks Nintendo won't take those to the grave even if they fail

Fun note, Nintendo could sell everything at a loss for the next 60 years and still have money to exist. Nintendo will take those titles to the grave with them if they ever go under, they won't give them to the competition that ran them out.

Obvious bait, but I have heard normies say this and its quite delusional.

Still a Vita system. They decided to jew people because they removed the HDMI from the prototype as well as non proprietary memory cards.

>literally repeat what Iwata said 3 years ago
>Breaking News!
Games news media continues to be terrible I see...

i'd say it's sony and microsoft that know nothing about hardware. they just recycle the same console every generation, the only change they make are upgrades.
nintendo actually show how shit the other companies are by actually trying something different.
and when the innovation is successful, sony just copies them.

>lists games with 100 different rehashes

lamo

Show me evidence of wii u being emulated in real time without huge graphical flaws

No, if they ever fall far enough, they'll just become mobile devs until the One Console Future takes hold.

>all these Nintoddlers triggered by a factually correct image
>b-b-but muh Sony!!!!!!!

Literally. Every. Time.

>After Sony and PC came into play, Nintendo's fucking horrid hardware because obvious. I mean Jesus Christ look how fast the Wii U is being emulated right now

PC has been in play since the early 90s along with the SNES and beyond.

Also Sony didn't have a console stronger than Nintendo until last generation with the PS3. In fact, the PS2 was just above the Dreamcast and was a toaster compared to the GCN and XBox.

Now as for Nintendo, they've introduced discs (it was originally their patent along with Sony), VR (which is now finally taking off all these years later), 3D games, Motion Controls, etc.

Literally 90% of the games allow it
The problem is the range

I wish F-Zero had a 100 different rehashes.

>i dont like it so its not an innovation
Motion controls are a basic input standard now, stop being dumb.

>shitposting

Literally. Every. Time.

Why are nintentoddlers so fucking obnoxious?

>Nintendo
>Games

We feed off high-horse posts like this.

Why are you getting triggered user

>>F-Zero
D Mario
>>Metroid
This isn't happening right now though. There hasn't been a new F-Zero since GC, and Wii U never got a Metroid or proper 3D Mario game.
Based on current trends we'll never see those again so i dont see what your point is.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH WOW
>the fucking micronation of nintentoddlers
Sony wins again, baby!

Thanks for proving my point further, toddler.

>3D World isnt a proper 3D Mario game
I hate this site and its retarded users, senpaitachi

>person pokes stick in bees nest

>wooow why are all these bees so angry now?

Maybe if you people would stop stirring shit up they wouldn't be.

Vita was an alright handheld system, if they can make it better then that by 5x, i'll actually be impressed.

Its not. Its a 2D mario game in a 3D environment

You can taste the fear in this post.

They're not

if its the right price then sure, great.

if the games are gonna be for both a handheld or a console with a controller then Im fine with it if the console version is cheaper.

>post criticism of nintendo
>"BUT BUT BUT SONY"
every single fucking time holy shit

And just how is a console-handheld hybrid bad? If anything, it's a good thing. I don't have to buy a console and a handheld, I can get it all in one.

>implying I care about Nintendo
>implying Cred Forums isn't anything but shitposter

k

>i'd say it's sony and microsoft that know nothing about hardware

>the company that made Windows, and the Xbox and 360, both very powerful consoles
>the company that made the Sony consoles, with the PS4 AT TIMES being able to match to a PC if done right

>know nothing about hardware

Are Nintendo fanboys naturally this autistic

>the PS2 was just above the Dreamcast and was a toaster compared to the GCN and XBox.
Because GCN was co-developed by AMD.

>discs
Sony got the patent and Nintendo fucked them off so doesn't count

>VR
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

>3D games
Sony existed as well and objectivley blew them out of the water.

>motion controls
Who fucking uses MC nowadays?

Why would you follow a retarded post with an even more braindead view? What is your plan, a (You)? Enjoy.

Neat. Can't wait to have shit battery life, red-hot temperatures, and still no sodding games. This is a Nomad waiting to happen.

www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/cemu-wii-u-emulator-update/

it got emulated even before its official death

this is pretty sad for a console of major publisher

>b-but Eurogamer was lying!
>it's gonna be a true blue standard home console!
NINTENYEAROLDS BTFO

>b-but it's gonna suck!
>a handheld console hybrid is a dumb idea!
>Nintendo consolidating their efforts and resources into developing games for a single system will never work!
ANTI-NINTENYEAROLDS BTFO TOO

I WIN BABY

>post criticism of Sony
>"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH N-N-NINTENTODDLERS AMIRITE"
every single fucking time holy shit

>Who fucking uses MC nowadays
Everyone, you lonely NEET.

It's as almost as if they know who is responsible!

Also this

Name me one thing you use motion controls for.

>Because GCN was co-developed by AMD.
It doesn't count because it wasn't Nintendo solely even though they had to make the partnership in the first place!
>Sony got the patent and Nintendo fucked them off so doesn't count
It doesn't count even though Nintendo had to make the partnership in the first place!
>ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
I'm to young to know what the virtual boy is!
>Sony existed as well and objectivley blew them out of the water.
Look at all my 3D Sony Games! Oh wait...
>Who fucking uses MC nowadays?
Plenty of games still use it that aren't Nintendo oriented.

>L-Le u mad? XD
t. Sonygger

Who hurt you, Sony-friend?

mobile games and general phone stuff.

>that one faggot who would always post his "fact" sheet in every thread

I notice he's MIA

>nintendo confirms what we've known for fucking ever
>XD THEY'RE DEAD I TOLD YOU I TOLD YOU BETTER POST THIS ON REDDIT TOO!!!
This is the best thing they could do. No more dividing their game divisions between two platforms, now they can focus on one and people can play however they like. And if you're going to whine about the hardware being too weak, well we know Nintendo hasn't exactly been cutting edge for ages and it hasn't really mattered because consoles all fucking suck tech-wise and even the Neo/Scorpio are embarrassing low-budget PC's.

>Who fucking uses MC nowadays?

Literally bundled with the Playstation VR.

Quite a few things since its implemented in my DS4

>being this fucking delusional
No, I can taste the fear in YOUR post, my man. A console-handheld hybrid. It's almost certainly going to fail. That's just the objective truth. It's a fucking terrible idea.

>unironically proving my point

>Fan projects taken down
This isn't anything new.

I legit can't tell if some of you are shitposting for replies because you live sad lives and need attention or you're just legit fucking retarded.

>and even the Neo/Scorpio are embarrassing low-budget PC's.
then how come PC's that equal their specs are 800$?

Why do people get so assmad about fan projects getting shut down? Hey assholes, you know that copyrights exist for a reason, right? They especially exist when a fan project using a company's IP gets really popular and has its own website and is being featured in articles constantly, because when you let that slide you set a precedent for other copyright infringement to follow. If you're going to spend years making a game that copies a popular franchise, why don't you just slap your original characters on it and release that instead?

>WAAAAAAAAAAAH

don't forget smartphones is technically a competitor.

>being this butthurt

>Because GCN was co-developed by AMD.
That doesn't make any fucking sense. That's like saying the PS4 and Xbox One were co-developed by AMD. That's like saying the PS3 was co-developed by Nvidia.

All they did was provide the graphics hardware.

>$800

Nigga my 280X is stronger than the damn Pro. My fucking 280X which is baby shit now.

I sure can

Sorry I don't speak nintoddler.

>because consoles all fucking suck tech-wise and even the Neo/Scorpio are embarrassing low-budget PC

>my console is putrid diahhorea but that doesn't matter because everything else is just shit!

Also, nobody wants these fucking gimmicks and the Wii U shows.

How sad is it that Fed Force got so BTFO by AM2R that nintendo threw a bitch fit and took it down?
How can one spic in his basement outwork a team of professional devs with funding? Is Tanabe and NLG really just that fucking lazy?

I'm sure you speak retard though.

>Nintendo is now a mobile game company
>Sony's current home console has one (1) game
>Xbox "exclusives" can all be played on PC
>PC is saturated with casual garbage and early-access cash-grabs

This is not necessarily a bad thing, let's wait and see how it all plays out.

>New Nintendo DS
When

>says the butthurt nintoddler

>Nintendo fans as dangerous as a bee nest
Kek.

>microsoft
>the company that continues to screw up their own OS
>no one wants windows 10
>xbox one still not selling well
>xbox one still a rehash of past gens, just with upgrades
>upgrades xbox mid-gen, because they're afraid of nx's potential

>sony
>the company that blatantly rips off other companies ideas if they're successful
>ps4 still a rehash of past gens, just with upgrades
>upgrades ps4 mid-gen, because they're afraid of nx's potential

>nintendo
>the company that actually tries to do something different
tell me how nintendo doesn't know shit about hardware

dmca'd fan art? this can't be real and if it is tell me highly concentrated at a single place?

>>Nintendo is now a mobile game company
They've stated multiple times that they're not. The reason they announced the NX was because they wanted people to know that they're still making platforms dedicated to video games. In fact, they made a deal with a mobile developer so they didn't have to expend their video game devs on mobile games.

I know this is bait, but some people actually think this.

Is that why you can understand him?

I take it you'd be able to communicate more easily if I spoke it to you?

AM2R and FF has nothing to do in between because it was NOA's lawyers who took down the fangame, not NCL or Nintendo from Japan.

Once you realize that over three-fourths of the people on this board are literal underaged children, you can really start to appreciate their posts in a humorous light.

The analogy applies to everything you retarded frogposter.

>it was NOA's lawyers who took down the fangame, not NCL or Nintendo from Japan.
And? What the fuck does that matter?
Last I checked Nintendo of America is still Nintendo.

It won't necessarily be the inferior version if it was originally developed with the Wii U in mind.
Look at Twilight Princess.

>dmca'd fan art?
Just porn

>Remake of Gen 1
>Fully 3D HD world
>Battle system isn't turn based, but instead you control the pokemon like in the anime
NX WON

>They've driven every major hardware innovation in the history of video games

Innovation does not equal horsepower anymore, it did back when the SNES introduced cool shit like Mode 7 and a sampling DSP, but this was also when their only competitor was the fucking Genesis, with a trail of failed me-too consoles on the sidelines. The GC was a step in the right direction in terms of adapting to PC-esqe console configurations, but for whatever reason, that was the end of Nintendo hardware maintaining parity with current performance trends

The N64 killed a lot of goodwill with former 3rd-party friends on the SNES, and right when the GC put a better taste in people's mouths about Nintendo hardware, they release the Wii, and continued lackluster console performance has continued to keep big-name 3rd-party titles on their competitors consoles

Wagglan, tiny RFID statues, and other "innovations" mean nothing when ports of ancient games struggle to run on yet another PPC console, and turns 3rd-party devs off when it means that they can either severely-downgrade their shit to run on the Wii U, or just choose not to release at all, and given how well things like CoD4 Reflex and Chop 'till you Drop fared, it's better to just ignore it entirely

Nintendo's biggest problem is that they think they have no competition because they hold the keys to the castle with things like Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda, and assume that so long as these IP's are available, no one will care about ho-hum graphics and ass-backwards control schemes, and while kids and feverish Nintendo fans probably don't care, longtime fans and people who remember when they let other devs go crazy with their stuff will, and Nintendo has showcased that they're playing it as safe (bland) as possible with Mario and co.

Another minor problem is that Nintendo doesn't want to be JUST a vidya company either, they want to be a toy company, and there's nothing left on their bread to spread any thinner at this point

Porn, its done both in west and east.
This is why you dont see a lot of nintendo stuff in comiket.
Splatoon being a exception because it got popular as fuck in pixiv.

Why the fuck is it a Hybrid?

Why are they trying to satisfy two markets at once?

All it will be is an underpowered home console with a shitty battery life when you take it with you.

Why is Nintendo shooting themselves in the head?

>Playstation 1
>Playstation 1 slim
>Playstation 1 ultraslim
>Playstation 2 fat
>Playstation 2 slim
>Playstation 2 remodelle
>Playstation 3 fat
>Playstation 3 (slim)
>Playstation 3 (Slimmer)
>Playstation 4
>Playstation 4 slim
>Playstation 4 pro

You can't actually want this, right? Tons of people who play competitively wouldn't buy it, because one of Pokemon's biggest features is that it's pretty much the only competitive turn based RPG in existence.

Looks like a hit close to him kiddos. Its alright anons, daddy is no longer there to call you retarded, though I can't speak for the rest of the world because you act like idiots on a tibetan finger painting board about video games.

>hasn't seen it

The competitive community is small compared to the overall community. They'd get more money from making the game everyone has wanted for years than pandering to a bunch of autists with dumbass 'balancing' rules.

>Nintendo of America is still Nintendo.
No. NOA only is there to translate the games NCL does make, and so is NOE. The guy who made AM2R already confirmed the takedown notice was from NOA, not NCL.

If you think NOA represents Nintendo as a whole, then you must also think the censorship and bad localizations, plus not wanting bring Mother 3 to USA, are from NCL, which is wrong.

The reason GC TP was better was because it didn't have waggleshit. Also the powergap between GC and Wii was very small, it used a lot of the same hardware
They already said NX will have very different structure from Wii U, and NX won't have more of a gimmick controller than Wii U has. Also they already stated that the games would be exactly the same, but with better graphics on NX version.

>releasing a new console + having mobile games is dead
I don't get it

Nintendo always pulls this shit. They always compromise somewhere with their main home console and end up flopping somewhere ever since the N64, Wii being an exception.

They made the game where you fight like the anime. It's called Pokken. I didn't see it fly off the shelves.

Hey even I play "competitive" pokemon sometimes on showdown and shit but it isn't actually competitive as it relies mostly on damage rolls and percentages (Scald burn, freeze, flinch, etc). A game that depends so much on luck can't be called competitive. Besides I don't think Nintendo will let down a potential cash grab opportunity to help the "competitive" fans which literally represent 5% of their audience

How the fuck does the American branch of the company not represent the company? That makes no fucking sense at all.
They aren't separate companies, its all just Nintendo.

It was going to be taken down regardless. You don't know how Nintendo's lawyers work do you? Whenever a fan project is reported by a video game news site it's inevitable that it's going to be taken down in a matter of days. Journalists are basically reporting fan projects when they feel like they're promoting it. If they want things to not get a C&D, keep it underground and don't post about it on the internet unless if absolutely necessary.

Making patents/business decisions doesn't count as innovation because they rarely made the CD hardware.

Saying the Virtual Boy pioneered VR is like saying Jimmy pioneered jetpacks by strapping a plank of wood and 50 bottle rockets to his back.

Sony's 3D games, despite not being made in house, we're better than the N64's in many ways.

And what fucking sucessful games use motion hardware.

You're the dumbest bloody Nintendrone I've seen on this website

>the company that continues to screw up their own OS
>no one wants windows 10
95 was revolutionary at the time, XP and W7 were fucking beasts, and W8 and W10 have some good tech behind it. Only "bad" Windows OS was Vista

>Xbox One not selling well
But the 360 and orginal did.

>upgrades ps4 mid-gen, because they're afraid of nx's potential
Why would Sony be afraid of a company that hasn't been able to get third party support for 10 years, idiot.

Also the PS1, 2, and 3 were fucking great in terms of hardware.

>the company that actually tries to do something different
Their idea of different is gimmicks
The average person doesn't want awful fucking gimmicks they want to play video games

>Its on the Wii U
And besides it isn't like in the anime, Pokken is a fighting game.

Pokken also wasn't marketed and has like 15 Pokemon at most.

That isn't what people wanted, they don't want a fighting game, they want a full game where there is an open world and you're free to capture all the Pokemon and battle them like the anime.

Think more Zelda meets Pokemon.

>get btfo by one-liners
>proceed to massively sperg out with every insult she can think of
wew

I get they want to "innovate" and the fact that Nintendo has always been about vidya first while Sony and Xbox seem to desperately want to make consoles into multi-media machines and pre-made PC's but the thing that has been keeping them back is their laughably weak hardware and there enforcing of dumb gimmicks nobody likes or want to build games around on.

If the hardware was on par with the competition and can be easily made for third parties I would love the idea of a take with you console, but the problem is I honestly don't have any remote faith it will. That's not even mentioning any other dumb gimmick added ontop of that we don't know as of yet but a good chance of having. Maybe the controller will be a pyramid, not the dumbest idea they ever had.

Why did Pokken sell so fucking badly? I thought that "real fighting game with Pokemon" was at the top of the WiiUfag meme wishlist along with "Captain Falcon beat 'em up from Platinum"
Does anyone still play online?

>Outsold SFV on PS4

LOL

Yeah, and its hardware wasn't shit.

com·pet·i·tive
/kəmˈpedədiv/
adjective
of, relating to, or characterized by competition.

How competitive it is isn't based on how much luck there is involved, retard. It's literally just whether people compete with it or not. There's competitive poker, and that's ten times more luck based than Pokemon.

I fucking give 0 shits if it's a handheld I just want
>Good games
>Current gen graphics
>Stop forcing gimmicks
The only thing they've been doing is the "good games" part, and only on the 3DS.

youtube.com/watch?v=6UbcWMZHbvs

Pokken isn't like the anime, this is

DELETE THIS.

>turns 3rd-party devs off when it means that they can either severely-downgrade their shit to run on the Wii U

i get your points really well but i'd only like to point out that devs, even first party devs, have to downgrade their games to get it to run on the other consoles.

Not as much as on nintendo systems, sure. but it's still fact that consoles are inferior even when a game is made specially for it.

but i have to admit i like nintendo better for going for cheaper more affordable hardware. That way 80% of game development funds is better spent on actual gameplay and completion vs wasting it all for shitty sub 30fps half finished garbage.

Good. I don't have to get a handheld and the console now.

Thank you, Nintendo.

It gets old REALLY fast due to the limited pokemon options.

A contract for some Amazon android TV thing I bet.

Well, with 151 Pokemon to make, it would either get very stale very quickly because every Pokemon plays too similarly, or it's in development hell for 15 years to make every single last Pokemon feel unique with their own moveset and everything. It won't happen.

Looks worse than I could ever imagine. That Family Guy MMO looked like more fun.

Why is Owen Wilson poking a bee nest?

>despite not being made in house

Sony didn't innovate it then according to your logic. If they didn't solely do it themselves it doesn't count. Isn't that the logic you just used against Nintendo?

Checkmate Sony pony.

Shitposting: 1
You: 0

Because that jew Ben Stiller wasn't available.

Zero marketing
Wii U title

That's fucking bs and you know it, look at games like Melee where only like four characters are played and people are still going nuts for it 15 years later

Rosterfags need to get cancer and die

No, but they made the hardware RUNNING the games you fucking dolt. FF7 and Crash wouldn't be able to run as well as it did if it wasn't for Sony knowing their shit.

>Checkmate Sony pony.
I play on PC though, and I don't even like the PS4
I'm just arguing objective fact that if Nintendo wants to survive they need to focus on making a normal gaming platform

>skipper
haha look at that faggot's last name

>How the fuck does the American branch of the company not represent the company
Then why does Nintendo EVEN have theirs branches divided? What's the point?

>They aren't separate companies
Totally different people, different work, different structure, different marketing, different president, and others. The only relation is that NCL sends games to NOE and NOA to translate them. The Nintendo logo you see in their games means it was made by NCL, and only in the credits in some games you can read the NOA, or Treehouse's staff.

Also, keep in mind the copyright and takedowns laws are COMPLETELY different in USA and Japan.

Isn't a hybrid what everyone wanted and already expected?

You're comparing competitive to casual play doofus. If the N64 roster of Smash came out now, it wouldn't be received as well.

>HOME handheld

nvm

>Well, with 151 Pokemon to make, it would either get very stale very quickly because every Pokemon plays too similarly, or it's in development hell for 15 years to make every single last Pokemon feel unique with their own moveset and everything. It won't happen.

Not really, you'd have their general movements in terms of animation and speed, and then have them attack like the anime. A Vine Whip from Bulbasaur doesn't have to be unique compared to a Vine Whip from Tangela for instance.

The two can work mutually exclusive from an animation and functioning standpoint and this could be carried across the board.

GameFreak has already modeled over 700 Pokemon, on top of completely revamping the entirety of models and animations for the base game itself between Gen 6 and Gen 7.

Now if we were to apply it to Pokemon like the anime, kind of Mystery Dungeon esque, then it definitely isn't out of the question by any means, I'd imagine Nintendo's in house developers would help as well. Its certainly very possible to do.

Nintendo can sell everything at a loss for the next 60-70 years and still not go under. You really underestimate how much money they have, let alone how much Sony's video game department has.

>Not really, you'd have their general movements in terms of animation and speed, and then have them attack like the anime. A Vine Whip from Bulbasaur doesn't have to be unique compared to a Vine Whip from Tangela for instance.
>The two can work mutually exclusive from an animation and functioning standpoint and this could be carried across the board.

But that's exactly what I mean when I say they'd all be too similar.

Yeah and that's also the first game in the series, go figure.

Pokken is more competitive than Smash Bros by virtue of the fact that it's actually a fighting game

Yeah, and as unfortunate as that is, I shouldn't have said "survive"

They can be fucking idiots for 60 years and nothing bad will happen to them

If you listen closely you can just about make out the collective death rattle of the nintendrones on this board.

So wait
Why is it bad if it's basically a handheld that can connect to the TV?

Why would this kill Nintendo?

>pokken
>casual

>smash
>competitive

what the fuck are you actually smoking

They modeled those Pokemon specifically for RPG's on a handheld. That doesn't mean they would directly translate to a fucking fighting game on a home console, you moron. Everything you posted sounds fucking terrible.

>Its bad because I say its bad
Basically every internet arguement ever

And that is fine. The anime itself does it. People would still eat it up and it would sell quite a lot. Even Gen 3 remakes at this point still sold 10 million and that is when everyone typically dipped out with Pokemon. This is what people expected GO to be like, actually going around a big open world catching and battling Pokemon to the general public. Not everything needs to be unique. Things just need to work out they're intended and it'll sell.

Think like an MMO, people have wanted a Pokemon MMO for years now, this would basically be like giving it to them without the massive part or maybe even the online part beyond trading. You'd still have people talking about it and wanting it.

You realize that most of Pokemon Go's userbase consisted of casuals that have never played Pokemon before, right?

>W8 and W10 have some good tech
And no one wants them

>Why would Sony be afraid
Why wouldn't they be? BotW literally beat every game at E3.

>hasn't been able to get third party support for 10 years
Third party developers were riding the Wii's dick

>PS2 had fucking great hardware
PS2 was beat by GCN and Xbox

>Their idea of different is gimmicks
Innovation = gimmicks. right.
But it's okay when Sony copies the Wii-remote

I have to admit, Pokken is deceptive. Pokken looks casual at first, but the longer you look into it, the deeper it gets.

In a sense, they really nailed the how the mainline games feel. Accessible, but still deep enough to be competitive.

I never said those models would translate to a home console or that it would be a fighting game now did I? No I didn't. I said that GameFreak was willing to model that many Pokemon in the first place instead of sticking with sprites, modeling the original 151 for a new style of game isn't out of the question by any means. This is what I said, and myself and many others already pointed out that Pokken/Fighting Games isn't what people have wanted for years when it comes to a new Pokemon experience.

Explain Project Pokemon on Roblox. It's ripped assets and even has micro transactions

>And that is fine. The anime itself does it. People would still eat it up and it would sell quite a lot. Even Gen 3 remakes at this point still sold 10 million and that is when everyone typically dipped out with Pokemon. This is what people expected GO to be like, actually going around a big open world catching and battling Pokemon to the general public. Not everything needs to be unique. Things just need to work out they're intended and it'll sell.
Are you actually saying "I don't care if they make a good game, as long as they make a lot of money"?

Fuck off, man.

It's completely vague and doesn't add anything to what we already knew, he's literally saying a truncated version of what Iwata already said in 2014 before they'd even given us the name "NX"

What a shitty article and a shitty thread.

Just like Smash Bros.

Except every character in Pokken is viable.

If its not a hybrid then its a shitty locked-down PC which Microsoft and Sony have on lockdown.

The console isn't underpowered because Nintendo isn't interested in making the same AAA trash high fidelity graphics that everybody else is making.

Just adjust your expectation accordingly. Stop getting so butthurt because Nintendo doesn't want to be Microsoft or Sony.

1. Underpowered and we know how Nintendo loves wasting resources on gimmicks instead of, you know, standard hardware features.
2. Fucking ARM architecture, but well, is still better than PPC I guess.
3. Betting everything on Pokémon, do you remember those posts about how MK8 and Smash would not only save, but would become the Wii U sellers? We will have a similar situation with the NX and Pokémon.

Kek, there hasn't been a good console Zelda game in 18 years and Nintendrones still think BotW is going to be good.

please delete this i'm begging you

The Nintendo defence force is real, user.

>And no one wants them
Except W10 is selling pretty well with normies

>Why wouldn't they be? BotW literally beat every game at E3.
Because E3 was shit.
The Sonic 25th show was a better E3 than E3 was.

>Third party developers were riding the Wii's dick
Chinese shovelware companies don't count as third party.

>Innovation = gimmicks. right.
Having a screen on a controller isn't innovation and if you think so you need to get your head out of Myamotos ass.

>But it's okay when Sony copies the Wii-remote
Strawman. The Sony dildo sold like shit and was irrelevent

I thought you fags left after everyone admitted Nintendo screwed over die-hard fans with the shitshow that was the Wii U, and the library of the 3DS being shallow.

Why are there still so many people defending them in this thread when they're making yet another obviously awful decision?

>tfw got tricked into getting W10 instead of W7
I'm gonna have to format the system and start over. That's what I get for not waiting longer before building my first PC I suppose.

Okay, I remember hearing that the playerbase in Pokken died down for some reason, else I was likely to get it at some point. I was under the impression that it was actually somewhat lacking compared to traditional fighter games (aside from just the roster size), so what can you tell me about it that might sell me on it?

Which is weird because you'd think I'd be all over that, actually not being much of a fan of traditional fighter games...

Not at all. I'm being realistic about how a game like that would play out, but still be viable enough.

Besides do you really think developers, especially GameFreak gives a crap about how if their games are good or not? No they don't. They care if they sell, they're businesses. In this case, you'd be giving people want they wanted and bringing in money.

You do remember that a good chunk of the Pokemon fanbase are rather casual and just want a game where you control the actual Pokemon right? Not everything needs to have a unique and special animation dedicated solely to them. For instance, growl wouldn't look all that different for the majority of Pokemon outside of different mouth opening animations, or just sound waves from things like Voltorb or Hitmonlee.

You're desperately underestimating the Pokemon fanbase and those that quit Pokemon with Gen 2 or Gen 3 and what they've wanted for years that would get them back into the series.

They're dead as a videogame company we can like and respect, but not as a one that makes money.

Because if the console is not at least as powerful as a PS4, third parties will not support it beyond Japanese ones and it will be Wii U2

I'm pretty sure BotW and/or Monster Hunter will be the primary NX system sellers.

>for 10 years, idiot.
They haven't had PROPER third party support since the fucking SNES.

Well if the new mainline pokemon games will be coming out on the NX i pretty much need to buy one. Hell the only games i have for my 3DS are pokemon.

>Sonic 25th show was better than E3
Fucking Kek
The BOTW trailer alone was better than the Sonic 25th show

I just want to see Nintendo die, they ruined the industry with casualization, they reap what they sow, now they can be confined eternally to the handheld market. Hopefully people get tired of gimmicks and Sony releases another handheld, then Sony can save the industry from casuals completely. Then the singularity will happen and our consciousness will be uploaded into Sony's Playstation10.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg

Sonic fags are pathetic.

truly linux gaming is the future

>console pokemon game

I have cum

Can't wait to pirate it out of spite for the last 10 years of Nintendo shitting on my face.

Samefagging from >wasting resources on gimmicks instead of standard hardware features
Wait, what standard hardware features got cut out of the Wii U? It had all four face buttons, start and select, the menu button, the d-pad, both sticks, clicking sticks, triggers and bumpers... it was compatible with flash drives, SD cards, keyboards and external hard drives...

The 3DS lacked a built-in right stick but they quickly fixed that when Monster Hunter proved how necessary it was, first with a peripheral then with a dedicated one for the system, both of which added second shoulder buttons. It was a bit lacking on graphical power compared to the Vita but...

Sorry, I don't quite get what "standard hardware features" you're talking about here.

I admit that I don't know the difference between ARM and PPC architecture. Would you be so kind as to explain it to me?

>BotW
Nintendo was too late to adopt the open world fad as normies know it. Has potential to be a good game but not a system seller.
>Monster Hunter
In Japan?, yes, Murrica and Europe? I don't think so.

No internal HDD for one, just 32 measly shits of internal flash memory barely enough to store 1 tribble A game

Even better.
Why would Sony be afraid of a company that hasn't had support of a major part of gaming in 20 years.

Are you going to deny that the Sonic event was worse than E3?

Yeah, and BOTW was the only redeeming fact about E3

Wii U has no.......ETHERNET PORT

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

That's only bad news for consolefags. Us portablefags are happy to get a handheld that is almost as powerful as a Ps4.

Nintendo is far from dead and the NX will be a success.

That I can agree with, take out BOTW and this year's E3 would have been the worst in several years

Portablefags are an irrelevant vestigial arm of the console space that will gradually be swept away by shitty iOS games. Sad but true.

>BOTW not a system seller
1/10 got me to reply

>Except W10 is selling pretty well with normies
When Nintendo sells well with normies/casuals, it's apparently a bad thing

Why do PS4 and Xbox One need upgrades?

>Chinese shovelware companies don't count as third party.
They actually do. But what you'd say as third party still tried their hardest to port their games to the Wii, and sold them even when they weren't done well

>Having a screen on a controller isn't innovation
Ignoring the fact that you can still play the Wii U when someone else needs the TV. I'd call that innovative.

>Strawman. The Sony dildo sold like shit and was irrelevent
They didn't get called gimmicky though. And still aren't being called gimmicky when trying VR.

Which only neckbeards use anyway and you can buy an accessory to use it

>There are people who defend Nintendo's censorship and normalfag shovelware
>There are people who defend Sony's overpriced online and nogaems
>There are people who defend Microsoft's W10 bullshit and "DX12 exclusives"
Fanboys should be shot

he is right

I ain't buying a console for one game

If Win 10 was anything but a meme for laptops/prebuilts, Quantum break wouldn't be ported to Steam/Win 7

So...every Wii U owner that isn't a kid?

>I don't think so
MH4U got 1mil sales in the west, most of which from europe and north america. The games usually push 4m sales total when they're first-of-the-generation entries.

>too late to adopt the open world fad
I don't think that's relevant. It's Zelda. Whether or not the fad is still around probably won't play into it - it's a Zelda that isn't constrained by the standard conventions that have been causing the series to become stagnant no matter how many gimmicks they try to introduce. It's a Zelda that is trying to recapture the feeling that many of the first fans fell in love with in the first place. Most folks are hype as hell for it except for those super cynical folks around Cred Forums that are burnt out on open world games.

From what I've seen of it, BotW doesn't strike me as "hopping on the fad late", it strikes me as "using the genre because that's what's relevant to what they want and need". Shit, up until a certain point, lots of Zeldas could have been considered to have Open World elements in their 2D forms.

That's... hm. Well, yeah, okay. There's an adapter for that but, sure.
You're right. I'd challenge the relevance of an ethernet port in this day and age, but you are indeed correct.

Not expandible 32 and fucking 8 gb internal memory in 2012+ is not considered standard.
Not being able to boot eshop games from your SD card is not standard.
The actual standard controller is not included with your console, and the underused tablet controller is included instead.
The recommeded external HDDs are the ones that have a separate AC adapter. USB are only useful to save games, not games.

These features, in some way or another, are included in your Xbone, Xbox 360, PS4 or PS3, Nintendo had no excuse to not do the same.

If the NX is releasing more than a week later than BOTW I'll buy 2 copies. One for the Wii U and on for he NX

>portablefags
>buying nintendo after the 3DS abomination
Naw, you're just a nintoddler.

>They didn't get called gimmicky though. And still aren't being called gimmicky when trying VR.
Because for Sony its just a branch. Its not enforced nor is it relevant. Games will remain the same, there will just be special games that require special hardware.

Nintendo forces the audience to their shit innovation, unlike sony. That's why its gimmicky, Nintendo bets it all on the new gimmick. Sony just does it for no reason and don't actually bother the audience.

>When Nintendo sells well with normies/casuals, it's apparently a bad thing
Nintendo doesn't fucking sell though
The only thing the Wii sold was Wii Sports and Wii Party.

>But what you'd say as third party still tried their hardest to port their games to the Wii, and sold them even when they weren't done well
And whos fault is that

>They didn't get called gimmicky though. And still aren't being called gimmicky when trying VR.
Because VR, in a sense, is more of an innovation than DUDE DILDOS LMAO
And holy shit Sony was told to fuck off when they release the dildo

>Ignoring the fact that you can still play the Wii U when someone else needs the TV
Thats never been a fucking problem unless you're a little kid, and even then most kids would just play multiplayer anyway.

>making a new portable console that can have every single nintendo game, third party game, modern game

>dead
this shit can literaly be the best selling game thing ever

OR worse than the wiiu

>GUYS WERE HEMORRHAGING MONEY WITH THE WII U WHAT DO WE DO?
>LETS MAKE WII U 2 AND STOP MAKING HANDHELDS!

Kek Nintendo will die in your lifetime.

I love my vita but I doubt its getting a successor.

Its funny that everybody is in agreement that consoles are dying and portables are the future, isnt this what nintendo is doing? Kek make up your mind Cred Forums

Okay...Just want you to let you know. I would never do something like that for any game on any system.

The droning levels on this thread are sky high. In any other thread you would be called a shill, let that sink in for a moment.

>Why do PS4 and Xbox One need upgrades?
Sony thinks PC is stealing their geekier neckbear audience. Really no idea on MS. Their actions beyond trying to get people onto Windows 10 make no sense to me.

>all this shitting on nintendo
You guys are NOT Cred Forums. Get the fuck out of my board

I'm going to live to be 90 or 100?

Cool.