Yakuza 6 looks like a legitimately big improvement, movement and physics and fighting looks on point

Yakuza 6 looks like a legitimately big improvement, movement and physics and fighting looks on point

why aren't Sony still not pushing this series in the West at all?

eg. no single mention at e3 or inclusion in the presentation trailer compilation

are they going to put out some ads for this one do you think or not bother and do another quiet release

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tXxEokLaIUw?list=WL&t=51
youtube.com/watch?v=TNF5olx8Pi4
youtube.com/watch?v=YbIRWpfRaC8
youtube.com/watch?v=RMgpwdCikGE
youtu.be/PsYzW8W5Kaw
youtube.com/watch?v=JDY0ZnkMWsE
youtu.be/LkFA3J5EYBA
yakuzafan.com/crisp-new-1080p-yakuza-6-screenshots/
uk.ign.com/articles/2016/09/16/yakuza-6-wont-have-loading-screens
youtube.com/watch?v=sdVvgdVglOw
youtube.com/watch?v=1svf3zZ-ywI
youtube.com/watch?v=eqCKTrAJ148
youtube.com/watch?v=zPS0gT95OZw
youtube.com/watch?v=DsCtzDlYs_A
youtube.com/watch?v=4DjlVD7gQyk
youtube.com/watch?v=kxFTE3iGkiA
youtube.com/watch?v=oEo2kqpEeOs
youtube.com/watch?v=9WBzFoYwSVY
youtube.com/watch?v=UwVlXEuaZ80
youtube.com/watch?v=dwukthJYEqM
youtube.com/watch?v=UONHPUcJsV0
youtube.com/watch?v=d2XIEpsZufg
youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7Gj4YTQoc
youtu.be/OWoYxtw8490
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/01/police-crackdown-averts-all-out-yakuza-war-in-japan/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cause it's generally a pretty weak series that's almost impossible to localize well?

It literally only appeals to weebs who are already infatuated with the culture.

I see that so far, but the new one looks like a genuine AAA beat em up they should be able to figure out a way to market it

It's not Sony it's Sega
They tried very hard to get the series a solid foothold overseas with the first game and while it found it's audience they still have a a hard time turning a profit and keeping the fans happy.
It probably helped the series that the 5th game was on PS+ not too long ago.

video

youtu.be/tXxEokLaIUw?list=WL&t=51

>fighting looks on point

From the demo I played, and the new footage I've seen it looks clunky as fuck. I know it's a new engine, but come on.. The enemy AI is still buttfuck retarded too.

All that's been improved are visuals and environmental movement. Importing day 1 though.

i get the feeling SCE-america only begrudgingly acknowledges japanese games

SEGA can't into western advertising.

This

It's nothing new really.

I really hope they announce Kiwami and 6 at this years PlayStation event in december.
Kiwami shouldn't take too long to localize.

b u m p

Yakuza 0 fighting is better. And the MMO health bars are stupid and out of place.

Wew that looks fun as fuck.

>Daigo disappears again

10/10 writing

In some fights its there and others it isn't so i'm assuming you can turn it off.

Hiroshima's mama-san (woman who takes care of that bar Kiryu visits) model/VA is stacked.

That was 4

Yakuza is one of the few reasons I have for owning a Sony console. Microsoft needs to reach out to Sega and market this game in the west.

>yfw enemy has their own Heat Mode

Wasn't it sony made a division of their games department specifically so fans could ask what games they wanted brought over from the east and Yakuza 4 was like number 1?

I'd prefer if the enemy having decent AI.

>Fighting Kiryu in 4 as Saejima
>He activates Red Heat mode and does a heat move on me

I had no idea about that. After that month of PS+ their games went down the shitter. It was amazing what we were getting before that.

Kiryu doing a dempsey roll @ 2:07?

>Yakuza 4 was like number 1

4 was already out. 5 is the one you're talking about.

Ah my bad. Still though it's surprising they listened and even let us have these games to begin with.

>movement and physics and fighting looks on point

More like a straight downgrade from 0. How did they manage to fuck it up? I'll probably end up buying it at some point anyway.

>boss has a new health bar colour you've not seen before

New engine.

how does sega afford to put these games out so regularly?

they look extremely high budget and rely almost entirely on the japanese market where the console market had been going to shit. i don't understand it.

wish they would put this one on pc because this looks awesome but i'm purely retro consoles + pc. there's a lotta weebs on pc that would buy this game like hotcakes.

So they kept the weird Dempsey Roll heat mode mechanic from the demo instead of reintroducing heat moves?

There are separate HEAT moves too.

if I had to guess, whatever studio that makes the game is passionate about the series and just puts in the extra effort and time, I can't imagine the actual budget is huge

I know literally nothing though that's just a possibility

RGG is extremely popular in Japan.

Yakuzabux

The thing about these games is they reuse assets like crazy. They essentially build on top of each other with every release, adding more and more shit while improving graphics every so often.

Oh hell yeah, finally someone posted a picture of her. I couldn't do it earlier since I was on the train getting molested. Kidding.

If anyone is looking to see what she's all about, watch Mondai no Aru Restaurant, a dorama. Pretty comfy/funny/heartwarming shit.

The Ravine of Goodbye is also good too. She won the Japanese Academy Award for best actress for her performance in it.

I've never played a Yakuza game, they look really fun. Where should I start? Would it be worth it to buy a new PS3 to play it? I don't care for next gen and just want to replay some old games that are cheaper now

Ya, they build a new engine and the sequels and spinoffs uses the same engine. This is a new engine since Y5.

Emulate 1 and 2.

Get a PS3 during XMas sales. Find 3. 4 and 5 are on PSN.

I'd maki her youkos

wat

I want to know what happened to Dream-Line.
Did Haruka become a famous Yakuza idol, or were they dropped and forgotten after their first song?

she was slut-shamed for having Yakuza ties

Sega spent like close to a million trying to market the first game in North America. Going as far as to hire "Hollywood" actors to voice act. After Yakuza 2. They gave up trying to even appeal to the west at all. That for me is part of its charm. it doesn't cowtow to the west at all.

I want more drunk Madsen though.

Do you not beat Yakuza 5?

Just did a couple of days ago. She gives a big confession and runs off the stage. That still leaves a couple of questions about what happens to her, Mai and Azusa, and their new band.

see
I'd imagine the other girls amounted to nothing, and Dream-Line got shut down. You also see Akiyama in his homeless getup in 6.

That nigga has billions of yens, one botched concert isn't going to bankrupt him. Either he's undercover or he finally gave up all his money to return to the hobo life.

Seriously though Virtua Fighter 6 when

probably undercover

I wonder if a yakuza theme would be an interesting twist for an idol. It would certainly be a big topic of speculation, but there has to be at least one or two fans who are super into the idea of their Haruka-chan as a badass gang member.

>Kiryu talking selfies
I find this really cute for some reason

So did that lady at the TGS showing. She was losing her shit over that.

i can't get over how that trailer is just 9 straight minutes of relentless enthusiasm. it's getting me hype for a game i won't be playing until it's localized in 6 years

>all that hype about kiryu's TUU-DUU LISTO

>he doesn't moonrune

you are only hurting yourself

HAI

>Kiryu forming his own army now

This makes me think of Suikoden, and I'm going to be sad because it is not going to be that.

I'm more excited about the cat army

yeah I like how he has a lil blog to post photos and revelations on in the past games it's on of my favourite things

>Clan Building
>Spear Fishing including a great white
>collecting and raising cats
>going on actual dates with the hostess'
>dad simulator with a baby
>on top of all the regular extra side stuff from past games
how the fuck can they keep putting out these games with so much good shit consistently? I really can't think of a single franchise that is still good after so many entries.

> cat friendship bar

That's true but they got behind No Man's Sky in full force and other titles & this is a ps4 exclusive too, it's not like they have loads as it is, right?

Sometimes though they go the distance like with Yakuza 5 having 5 separate districts for the characters to explore.

Reusing the living fuck out of Kamurocho gives the devs a lot more time to develop assets and make sure the gameplay is good

The difference was that everyone blew fucking loads when NMS was first revealed during VGX 2013 compared to Sega having an entire franchise that hasn't gotten much notoriety outside of Asia

>That fucking theme
Kiryu's not gonna die r-right?

He needs to die. He is a joke of a leader for yakuza organization. If it wasn't for Kiryu he would already have died multiple times

I doubt it. they've faked us out twice already it would be a cheap death at this point.

Now how in the fuck are they ever gonna be able to localize the video chat with AV idols here

I don't actually think you are actually chatting live with them.

These games fucking suck.

How come Haruka is now as old as Kiryu?

How come Kiryu doesn't age?

Is he like a dragon?

No shit, I'm referring more to the licensing and censorship issues

they use actual JAV stars as the Hostess' and you can recruit actual Japanese Pro Wrestlers into your clans. I'm pretty sure they got the licensing covered. as as for censorship I am comfortable in saying no one will get their tits out in the game to begin with.

Well, Yakuza 0 seems to have the JAV videos intact for the English release.

At least, it has some of them.

I see nobody is talking about the most important part of the video.

YOU CAN COMBO FOOD IN RESTAURANTS NOW.

Alright, this makes me more enthusiastic

Cause they know you EOPs are faggots that don't deserve good games.

>YOU CAN COMBO FOOD IN RESTAURANTS NOW.
sweet merciful fuck its about time. eating everything in every restaurant was always the single most annoying challenge to complete.

They're waiting to announce the original 5 on PC with the big reveal that Y6 will be PC exclusive in the west

>YOU CAN COMBO FOOD IN RESTAURANTS NOW.
You could always do that though, as long as you were low enough on health.

Instead of hitting X, move the D-pad right and you can select several foods at once.

You combo stuff that is tasty together for special skill/xp bonuses.

until your health was full. then you'd have to get into a fight, lose almost all your health, win and then slowly limp your way to the same or next restaurant, hoping you don't encounter another enemy on your way there, to eat as much as possible before starting it all over again.

This was slightly more manageable with the right gear to increase the amount and aggressiveness of enemies and to avoid combat after the fight but it is still a long fucking grind.

Selfies are one of the most fucking goofy things a person can do and it makes everyone doing them look goofy

SEETHING BUTTHURT

>jacket physics are back
>kiryus socks show when he kicks and runs
Im so hyped I might die

>possibly going to be the most emotional Yakuza game yet
>has the happiest Kiryu we've ever seen so far in the series

AI's not even bad in the recent games, the actual problem is that the enemy movesets themselves are nowhere near as mobile or strong as the player characters. To an extent that's reasonable but the power gap in these games is huge and it's very noticeable.

At the beginning of Shinada's chapter in 5 when he's unlevelled and weak as fuck you actually can get fucked up by random encounters prettyeasily.

I'm glad that it's a solely Kiryu's game again. Nothing will stay between feels and me.

MAX QUALITY

Because no amount of marketing will change western tastes of PEW PEW SHOOTING and Assfaggots.

Honestly the problem is SoA and SoE keep marketing Yakuza as a Japanese GTA when all they need to do is get LPers to show off how goofy the games actually are, Dunkey did one video for Yakuza 3 and it ended up being the most popular video related to the series on youtube and it got people interested

If only he didn't spoil death of one of characters.

Yakuza games are "too Japanese". Meaning that you can't kill people in a big empty open world while the game tells you how awesome you are before shilling its DLC.

Is Haruka used goods now?

Honestly Sony completely fucked up the marketing of the Yakuza games in the west.

They tried to spin it like GTA: Japan Edition, but holy shit, it's as far and away as you can get from that. Is it really surprising the west was turned off by these games when they went in expecting something completely different?

Considering Sony claims to have a huge fanbase of Shenmue, I'm amazed they didn't aim in that direction

>pretty weak series
Why.

the fucking western trailers SEGA puts out suck donkey balls for Yakuza. They should just put out the original trailer but in English.

I mean look at this shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=TNF5olx8Pi4
and compare with this youtube.com/watch?v=YbIRWpfRaC8

No. They shouldn't.
You know that long trailers aren't really that great for promoting the game in the west?
Optimal running time for a trailer is about 1-2 minutes. And even then some fuckwads would close it after 30 seconds.

Oh shit is that Park and Kurosawa? We're going to learn more about their story? Now I'm even more hyped for 0.

It's all weird and foreign and shit. Where are all the cheeseburgers and guns?

Holy shit clan management and clan wars. I'm going to fucking love this game.

>Happiest Kiryu
>Takeshi Kitano as the villain
Oh fuck.

Yakuza has never done well in the west, SEGA did a big push when 1 came out and it didn't sell well despite their best efforts.
The west is an afterthought at best with Yakuza.

Fuck
I WANT IT
I WANT IT NOW

>Weight lifting
Fuck, I wish I could play as Akiyama and become the squat master

anyone evr watch this?

youtube.com/watch?v=RMgpwdCikGE

Last line of the story trailer is Kiryu saying "if it's for them, then i wouldn't mind dying."

So, how long do those of us who can't decipher runes have to wait to play this? Shit looks excellent -- the improved movement in particular looks great.

youtu.be/PsYzW8W5Kaw

lmao

please everyone buy 0 please

gonna buy 3 copies bruh 1 for myself others to give away

Is that kojambles?

>"today I kicked in a door and sent the man behind it flying. I liked today."

He and Nagoshi were drinking buddies.

>were

ooh is Kojima 2hollywood4u?

>texting little emojis

Kiryu is the best girl.

Maybe not, but who knows?

>girl 'you 2 love movies so much'
>Nagoshi 'but You only watch western (not 'Western') movies, right?'
>Kojima 'I love TV drama too!'
>Nagoshi 'Oh really? Japanese TV drama?'
>Kojima 'No, American'

kek stupid westaboo

They both have Hollywood movie stars in their games so that doesn't really make sense.

Kitano isn't Hollywood.

yes kitano is better

New video about Yakuza 6.
Wanna wrestle?
youtube.com/watch?v=JDY0ZnkMWsE

I think it the producer has actual connection to some yakuza clans

He's starred in several Hollywood movies.

I want that phone.

Isn't it just a Sony Experia?

1 year after release-Never

Depends on how well 0 does

Because the Yakuza series is actually extremely popular in Japan. You just don't hear it because you know, the west doesn't fully know the Japanese gaming industry,

Again, it's very very popular there in Japan. They actually don't need the western market to actually turn a profit for the series. Japan alone is enough.

>Kashiwag's ghost during the selfie at Millennium Tower

fuck that made me a little sad

>Akiyama
>poor again

Not gonna happen. That guy is the richest fuck in the series.

How do they keep improving this shit god damn.

Day 1 import again. Yakuza is literally the only series that I import.

>neko cafe
>mfw

Pretty sure that's him in the bum outfit kicking that dude in the face. He's probably just undercover.

The homeless clothing is probably just a bonus costume.

See this is the thing that I like about this series.

Yes it has "real-style" drama.
Yes it has characters acting like "real people".

But even though with that, the gameplay is "fantasy-like" in nature, but still doesn't detract from the overall experience.

I don't get why the west doesn't do things like this. If the western studios have a "serious story", everything about the whole package will be so damn serious to the point that the gameplay suffers because of this.

Sometimes I just want to have fun.

The fights are now fully dynamic, like you can run away if you want. To me that changes everything about this game.

Western games can't seem to mix realism and fun, unless it's a fantasy setting.

they kinda fucked up introducing it to the west by marketing it as a "japanese GTA"

i think it would have sold better if it were marketed as a "japanese brawler rpg"

>Western games can't seem to mix realism and fun

Let me rephrase that to over-the-top fun.

it's rather simple

they never stray too far from the series' roots and build upon eachother

they take the time to polish and refine everything about the previous game, even the flaws to make them great

btw a question i have; i'm nearing jlpt5 tier, will i be able to understand kenzan and isshin?

Too bad the story looks to be as garbage as ever. And after 5 I've had my fill of dumb soap opera bullshit shoehorned into what was once a crime drama series.

Honest question, why is Kiryu so revered as a Pillar of the Tojo Clan, when he left the Clan at once after being promoted as Chairman at the same day. Daigo's is still much better than him in that regard. In short, Kiryu has not done shit.

>what was once a crime drama series

You mean Yakuza 2?

That's the only time I can remember this series every resembling a crime drama.

>Kiryu has not done shit

He fixes Daigo's fuckups.

>they never stray too far from the series' roots and build upon eachother

Perfectly explained.

I always hear the Yakuza games getting hammered for being "impossible" to localize. It's not impossible, it's laziness. Just do your fucking job SEGA you stupid cunts.

He's a legend because in every game the villains sends houndreds of men to kill him and he beats them every single time. in 5 he prevents a gang war by single handidly taking on a yakuza army.

Yeah, Yakuza has always been deadly serious.

To be fair, some of them have big chunks that seem to be designed to fuck with foreigners (superniche Japanese culture quizzes and the like).

>playing Yakuza for the story

>Sony
Uhhh, it's made by Sega.
>series in the West.
Just learn nip, the worst thing that can happen is localization.
>no single mention at e3
E3 is trash and dead.

Because theyre not publishing it, it's that simple.

>Majima fight in 4

Majima is always a great boss.
Looking forward to playing as him in 0.

Are you a masochist?

>5 minute cutscene
>10 minutes of text box dialogue
>another cutscene
>more text
>run to flashing dot
>random battle
>lasts continue to destination
>5 minute cutscene
>etc.

I can't imagine playing these games not for the story. Must be non-stop mashing X and boredom.

Let's just say I'm glad I'm not you.

>Are you a masochist?

No, it sounds like you are though considering how much of a chore video games seem to be for you.

That's because the melodrama started with 3. I think that's when the new writer stepped in.

Watching Kiryu crying like a bitch over some kid he barely knew was nearly cringe inducing.

Because even in retirement Kiryu saves the clan when they're in trouble

>I think that's when the new writer stepped in

Yep.

Just finished Y3. Man. despite this being the less interesting entry. It was still a fucking blast. Well. Time to start 4.

Yakuza is made by a small team and SEGA, being fucking retards, leaves them with the localisation duties themselves. Its why Yakuza 5 took an eternity to come out here, the team simpley wanted to move straight to Yakuza 6 instead of spending the time and money localizing.

Holy fuck why I havent I played this series before

best boss theme

>my wife's daughter's son

Seriously? Are they completely out of ideas?

5 took forever to come out because Sega gutted Sega of America's localization team after Dead Souls and Sony had to put together a team of translators to do it. The actual Yakuza team never localized the games.

How do the not particularly gory or visceral Heat Moves look so much more violent than stuff like dead space and DOOM?

>game don't get English dubs

>huhh why aren't they advertising the game at E3 with American speaking fags

I'm not a weeb and I love it for the combat system and sidequests

It's just slow paced, and the gubment shit is silly, but the fights are fucking top tier.

Wesker is pretty fun.

There's also the fact that in Spain Yakuza games are always released untranslated

What? They get released in Moon? Or in English?
Because if it's in english then whoopdie fucking doo Adan, if you think SEGA gives no shits about the entire western hemisphere then why the flying fuck would they give a shit about spanish speaking peoples?

>Parroting memes
Seems you too are out of ideas. Because you've never had any to begin with.

They also did something to improve impacts when fighting, I can't remember exactly thougj but it looks good when the guys fly back and hit atuff

You should start with the first one, and if you like the first two games, you should definitely buy a ps3, since every game after 2 is a ps3 exclusive

Don't reply to retarded memers. They don't care about Yakuza and just want to shitpost.

>learning a new language to play a chinese cartoon idol fighting game
no thank you

english, that holds back a lot of people from playing it

I guess you better get started on that fan translation, then.

I'd rather spend the time playing them, even if I translate the games that won't make it sell better over here

>this will never come out in the west
end my life

So Yakuza 6 will have 2 cities?

I'm glad.

5 only really had 3 well detailed cities and the others felt kinda rushed and lacking in detail or being unique. The snow sculptures were cool though.

>NJPW invades

>That's because the melodrama started with 3.
Melodrama was right there from the start, what are you talking about.

4 has movies that explain what happened in the first 3. Go for it.

There was drama in 1 and 2, not melodrama.

2 was borderline at times, but never full-on melodrama like 3.

Kiryu is 48 in 6. Characters age in real time as the games come out.

Don't you talk shit about hokkaido, it was great

What I meant is that the two snow cities were just perfect grids. Pretty much identical in terms of outlay.

youtu.be/LkFA3J5EYBA
CHOOUDAAAAAAI

are you me? I'm going to buy 3 and gift them to friends.

it is. Kiryu has an Xperia in 6.

might buy 3 copies and ship 2 to other Cred Forumsirgins

This video gets me way more hyped than AAA trash like Horizon. Why does Sony only promote shit games these days?

Can somebody please make a gif of kiryu with shades saying "check it out" from the end of the trailer?

please give me a free videogames user

me too, Mr. user

My guess would be that that the damage being done is played more a bit more realistically here than Doom or Dead Space.

Despite a lot of the heat moves being borderline wacky anime stuff, the bodies of the mooks take them like the relatively sturdy human body would, unlike in gorier games where they could be gibbed by a stiff breeze. I guess its more relatable because as a person, you probably know what it is like to get hit in the face or gut by something, or maybe to have a limb broken, but the feeling of having your fucking head ripped off or having a space needle jammed into your brain isn't exactly something you really understand beyond, 'that must hurt.'

On top of that, the Yakuza devs know how to give attacks some fucking OOMPH.

This

I like that outfit, but he also looks cool without this default outfit without the jacket.

>how do they make a profit?
>they should put it on pc

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pretty much this.

Also, the enemies in Yakuza are actually human instead of demons/aliens/zombies, so I think we can relate to the pain more. It's the same reason Max Payne 3 felt more violent and hard hitting than most other games out there.

I fucking love how in yakuza all the side stuff is silly day-to-day stuff that normal people would do, not an type of crime side missions, the contrast really makes it feel like a funny and interesting way of life the character leads

Let's be honest, Yakuza is a niche series in the series and PC is a niche station, while PS4 is a normie dudebro station.

And in the west series doesn't do very good despite being locked to Sony, Nagoshi said there are only around 100,000 fans in the west.
So yes, it's quite ironical when people claim that game like Neptunia selling over 200,000 on PC according to SteamSpy is a flop, but Yakuza selling twice as bad on console is somewhat alright.

Watch a guy bring up Valkyria Chronicles without taking into account how most of those sales were during giant discounts

Meant to say "Yakuza is a niche serie in the west"

Sega has practically conditioned us to buy the games as soon as they come out at full price though, for fear of not getting the next one and for fear that the game will disappear and cost 100 dollars on amazon like Yakuza 2

I couldn't disagree more, you run into some random guy on a street in broad daylight who pulls out a knife and tries to stab you while a cheering crowd gathers around. It's completely absurd to the point of hilarity.

Digital distribution made games earn much more over time, so they're free out of limited stock and scraplers. One of reasons why publishers like to publish games on Steam.

Yakuza didn't even get download version until Yakuza 5 localization announcement, when 4 and DS got released on Store and that was almost 4 years after Y4 western release.

Well I never mentioned the actual situation. My point was just that violent animations in games feel more painful when it's done to actual human looking enemies. It's hard to really feel anything when you drive a chainsaw through some giant goat demon's head in Doom for example, but shoot someone in the jugular in Max Payne or watch Kiryu ram a knife into some dude's hand and it just feels like it has more impact to me.

The actual situations in video games are unrealistic of course, and I was never claiming that Yakuza (or Max Payne) is a realistic game.

>japanese market where the console market had been going to shit
because it's meme

Should I grab 5, or wait for 0? I'm hungry for more Yakuza, but I'm weary of 5 because 4's side activities were a real bore, killed the replayability for me. 0's bigger focus on combat makes me confident that I'll still wanna do multiple playthroughs even if the side stuff isn't fun. Does 5 have anything as dull as the hostess club thing Akiyama was doing?

Nah most of the side stories are great, Saejima's hunting shit is a ridicolously broken way of earning money

You sound more like you're burned out than wanting to play another game. I'd honestly recommend playing another game so you get more hungry for 0.

0 has one of the most tedious minigames in the series, the catfighting ring. Money and Nightlife Islands are also a bit grindy

I found Kiryu's side missions in 5 a lot of fun. As mentioned maybe take a break from the series if you think you need to recharge.

>0 has one of the most tedious minigames in the series, the catfighting ring

I'm worried about this. I thought that insect queen game in Kiwami was shit, and I hear the one in 0 is even worse and more rng heavy.

I started with 4, it's also the only one I've technically played. I've kept up with the series for awhile but questionable financial situations I had kept me from playing them until now. I can't be burnt out after 1 game, can I?

If that's the case then just play 5. You can always skip the crap you find tedious, like UFO catcher if you don't care for it.

>Baseball
>100 vs 100
>First person view

WHAT THE FUCK!

>pretty weak series

Somebody kill Daigo already. I'm sure that pretty much anyone else could do a better job, doesn't have to be Kiryu specifically.

ya that's what makes it great. some random nerdy looking guy in a suit will pick a fight on you for bumping into him

you beat him up in the most violent way possible, slamming him into a telephone pole,, grinding his face on the asphalt and then curb stomping ion his skull five times

fight ends, the guy apologises to you or says something to that effect and you go on about your business

no one really dies outside the missions but it just *works*, it really does

What's a good jumping in place if I've got a PS4 and PC? Does the game emulate well or is there a ps4 port?

Cat fight gambling is boring but you don't need to play it in main quest.

Zero when it comes out, I guess. Background parts of Majime's half the story might be a bit lost on you though

I'd jump in on the first one via emulation, it's not a particularly long game if you mainline the story, and part of the appeal of the series is following the characters across several games.

>Money and Nightlife Islands are also a bit grindy
caba-club management is the best part in 0 though.

first two with emulation they emulate well

the series from 3 onwards might be on PS now? I'm not sure I never signed up

if not I guess since 0 is a prequel it's not such a bad place to start if there's no alternative

Yakuza Kiwami is a PS4 remake of Yakuza 1 and would be ideal if they decide to localise it

he'd make her mucus

Well that's good at least. I have a feeling I wasn't going to 100% this one anyway like usual.

fucking hate that bitch
terrible actress
mybe only good at sucking TV producer's dick

Should I get this if I've never played any of them before

Is it Japanese sleeping dogs/GTA?

no
it's like Shenmu

No

But get them anyway because they are amazing

>Is it Japanese sleeping dogs/GTA?

No, it's nothing like those. It's basically River City Ransom plus a bunch off different sega games mixed together. You'll probably enjoy it if you enjoy beat em ups and Asian crime dramas.

>River City Ransom
>Belt scrolling beat em up
nothing like Yakuza though

G O T Y
O
T
Y

Sure.

Might take a year or two or three before Y6 sees the west though.

I always wondered, if the yakuza games were actually propaganda used to recruit new blood in Nihon to join the ranks.

Well that's why I said it's mixed with other sega games (shenmue obviously being on of the biggest influences). I've always imagined a "next gen" river city ransom game would feel something like Yakuza. You're telling me as you wander around the city beating up dudes, leveling up and going into restaurants to refill your health, RCR never once crossed your mind?

yfw when you can actually do this

more like Takeshi's Challenge

just started playing 5 haruka section comes up after prison break season 2 get hyped finally gonna whoop some ass haruka fuck yeah nope it just dancing

Well that too. I wouldn't put it past them to put in a hang gliding sequence or a karaoke challenge that you have to do in a substory to get a map, what with Kitano being involved and everything.

I'm pretty sure westerners like mafia shit.

Haruka's section is hype as fuck though
>Dem idol battles
>Heat transformations
>FUCK YOU T-SET YOU ARE OF WORST AIDORU

i don't know man kicking ass with kiryu from the get go and taxi races set the tone for me then it just went down hill from there

>mfw they form Dream Line together
NO FUCK YOU T-SET

Her and Akiyama's story picks up, if it's tone you're worried about. Things get pretty real serious.

>mfw they form Dream Line together

You wanna see some 1080p screenshots m8s? I'll post a few in a bit.

Why does he look younger? Isn't he taking care of Haruka's child now.
That's 3 generations already.

Why are they still making those boring covers?
Every game up to 3 had amazing JP cover but since 4 it was just black and white with renders of characters from the game.
I guess it was fine for Ishin and 0 since they are spin offs but man compared to 1 and 3 covers it just looks like shit.

See more here:
yakuzafan.com/crisp-new-1080p-yakuza-6-screenshots/

>Yanoface.jpg
EVERYTIME

>yfw haruka is a milf now

>you can see Kiryu's socks
Why this makes me so happy?

It's hard to say if this or God of War will be the better raising my wife's son simulator.

>the west will never get this cover

feels bad man

you've been raising your "wife's son" for like 5 games, well 4 since Haruka was doing her own shit in 5.

I wonder if the real Hiroshima is this comfy looking in real life?

Will it have less loading? The earlier games needs loading for every store.

>Will it have less loading?
That's pretty much the point of the engine, to eliminate it.

That's it, I'm getting PS4

it's Onomichi actually
Hiroshima prefecture tho

uk.ign.com/articles/2016/09/16/yakuza-6-wont-have-loading-screens

“We’ve worked hard to make this game completely seamless,” he said. “You can engage in the central adventure, get into battles, watch drama scenes, and go back to the adventure, all without any loading screens. Go into any building or any room or any floor without loading.”

“Loading is problematic for lots of reasons, including its effect on the realism of the story — let’s say you have a 60-second countdown to reach a location and stop an explosion, but when loading screens come in, how do we account for those seconds? How do we keep the pressure on? So we really pushed to make it seamless this time. That’s where a lot of the budget went, and it’s also the reason we did not make a version for PS3. The effect is that the player has the freedom to solve problems as they like, and the sub-quests themselves are presented in a seamless way.”

There will be no loading screen so prepare for the epic GTA 5 tier loading for 10 minutes to boot the game then you have perfect seamless gameplay :)

Fuck, I thought I was the only one. I dunno, it's just a nice small detail.

>It's hard to say if this or God of War will be the better raising my wife's son simulator.
It's always retards who have never played the game who say this.
YO, HE HAS BEEN RAISING HIS FIRST LOVE'S CHILD SINCE THE FIRST GAME.

No English dubbing? They can keep that.

They have tons and tons of dialogue for you to read.

Look at the attention to detail in Odin Sphere remastered? There dubbing is decent to say the least. Or should I say pretty good?

No.

>lifting with Kiryu
Fuck yes. Good thing I skipped on PS4 so I'll buy it with Pro. And I already remember ~200 kanji. So fucking awesome being able to read the text, even if it's a little.

It will also have no english subbing for at least few years.

>in Japan
And most of Eastern Asia. Sega was surprised how well it did there.

lol those faggots believe it will actually get localize
NEVER EVER if you don't buy zero

Yeah like 20% of all sales or something were in China I think

Literally the only thing keeping Y6 from becoming perfect is the lack of 60FPS

Maybe on PS5...

Why would anyone play japanese game made by japanese developers set in japan with english dubbing?
Do you also play The Witcher in english or some other language not related to polish?

Or PS4 Pro, if they have the framedata for it

The games aren't that high budget.

Honestly, I think the devs are just pretty talented. They made Binary Domain "for fun" while working on Yakuza 5 at the same time or some shit.

There are some rumors that Y6 is in 60 fps too.
We have to wait for a demo to see if it's true or not.

How can Kiryu still look so youthful with his high stress lifestyle?

He feels the heat.

Haruka is a great stress reliever. Why do you think he's so grumpy in Y5?

Oh shit son, Beat Takeshi is in these games?! I love his movies.

Hes in Yakuza 6 only

Looks like the trend of upping the sleaze and sexism factor for every new Yakuza game is continuing. I'm a bit surprised the series doesn't get a harder time in that regard. Yakuza 4 is up there as one of the most misogynistic games I've probably ever played and it's the reason I just stopped playing it by the end of the first part of the game. I was sick of playing a sleazy character in a sleazy world, both of which the game was clearly intent on valorising. I actually felt a bit sick during the side mission when your character refuses to give a vulnerable single mother escaping an abusive husband a loan until she "proves her determination by being willing to work in a message palor" or something along that line. Horrible.

You shut your god damn mouth.

Only in 6, but Yakuza 3 has many elements inspired by his Sonatine.

Kill yourself

tits or gtfo

>mfw I know a guy that ACTUALLY pre-ordered this

You go dude cawadoodi elite hole edition xbox 4life 1337

I know, isn't it great?

that's why this series is so unpopular in the west

Is Takeshi Kitano still in? I haven't seen him in any of the recent promotional material which is making me worried he has dropped out or something.

Yes

he throws a baby in one of the new trailers (story trailer afaik)

> bait

Do you think this 6 hype will help Zero sales?
or only yakuza fans ITT?

ITT imo

I don't give two shits about weeb crap, but even yakuza managed to draw me in.

The latter I think. Hell, even in this thread I can already tell that it's pretty much the usual posters by their writing style and what they post about.

It's not bait. It's genuine mysogyny and sexism.
It's really gross in a modern world.

Though I guess this will just incite 'muh sjw' replies because it's Japan.

More important things to worry about imo

Yeah these threads pretty much always have the same posters. Maybe one or two people will get interested enough to play the series but it's not going to get to the point where it actually effects sales.

A game being so vilely misogynistic and toxic with sexism is sending an awful message and it was strong enough to force me to stop playing.
I'd say that is a pretty major thing to worry about with the game.

The amount of shit you can do in these games makes GTAV look dead and empty.

I'm more concerned about the current political climate. We can tell japan that boobs are bad later. Probably after we get China to cut back on it's pollution.

It's fucking 'Yakuza' game. they are basically criminals

I don't understand these people.
>playing GTA
>WAAAAA IT'S PROBLEMATIC

just stop playing and play your PC shits

>We can tell japan that boobs are bad later
But why would you do that? Boobs are not bad.

women are pretty fucking stupid though
t.Gay man

sarcasm

Is there a more hype opening song than Yakuza 0's?

youtube.com/watch?v=sdVvgdVglOw

Oh, I'm not very good at detecting it right now, sorry.

Who is the father?

I always wanted to start with this saga, but I only got the PS+ ones (don't even remember wich ones they gave, 4 and 5 maybe?) is it ok to start with them?
Any Yakuza fan who could help me?

saejima

your dad

You should start with emulating 1 and 2. Lots of people still say 2 is their favorite game in the series.

If you really want tho both 3 and 4 have recaps of the preceding games.

Nishiki

2 is the best in terms of plot. Man what a wild ride that was.

I'm sorry you feel that way, please take comfort in knowing that I very much enjoy the game and do not find it to be vile or misogynisitc at all.

I bet the kid is adopted

>that golden pagoda tower where you fight twin tigers at the top
>best final boss in the series
>mechanics fix everything that was wrong in Y1
>best waifu
>best set pieces
I feel so bad for people who skip the first two.

A rubber bullet

>Best waifu
A shame Kiryu's waifu must fuck off at each episode.

When are they porting the series to PC so it's actually playable?

To be fair, GTAV would be dead and empty even without comparing it to any Yakuza games. Christ, V was such a fucking let down. I can't see how anyone that doesn't play it for the multiplayer (which is shit) would enjoy it?

I didn't really feel much for it at first, but I still ended up listening to it a few times, now I listen to it on a regular on my mp3 player.

Shit is good. I also didn't realize the lyrics are in English till a while ago.

Yeah that's kind of what I was implying. She is the best tho.

Kiryu has pic related now, he doesn't need any other waifus.

Never, they only localize the main lines, and even then it takes a while. Get fucked, fuck off, end of rine.

It'd be nice to at least get dead souls, that shit is just crippled due to the frame rate in combat.

>that shit is just crippled due to the combat
FTFY

>Kashiwagi's ghost appears on your selfie
>tfw

I'd prefer a straight up localization over some bullshit "translators rewriting the story with memes"

I also don't need a dub. A high percentage of the people who would buy this game don't need to be pandered to with English VA.

I wonder if they regret killing the character off or something. He's really cool in Zero too.

maybe
they brought him back in 0 and gave him a decent role. they were probably trying to distance themselves from the 1-2 writer and thought killing would be good but it was kind of lame. especially since kiryu cries worse over Ricky's death than kashiwagis which is stupid. he knew kashiwagi for like 25+ years at that point

It gets exposure.
One of my boys bought VC on pc when it was on sale, and he isn't an anime fan at all, plays very few Japanese games, and loved it. You can't discount getting the name out. Hell, how do you think the great pc classics sold? Word of mouth and good sales.

Eh, I found it alright since it was a side line game, but good lord whatever good there was to it is fucking buried.

Problem with that is twofold: Japanese cultural references that do not cross the ocean because actual day to day life quibbles never translate, and how a lot of Japanese scripts are written in a way that comes across as flat and characterless.

mahjong, baseball, beat em ups, karaoke, and fishing transcend cultures nigger

Yes that is the problems you face when translating mostly because phrases when translated literally make no sense and literal translations come out sounding stiff due to different cultures et cetra, but still that is no reason to resort to memes.

>because actual day to day life quibbles never translate
Some of them do. And the ones that don't can get chalked up to wacky so-randumbbXDD Japanese quirks that the mainstream has been sterilized from since the PS3/360.

How are the mechanics? Are they in any way more technical? Is the style switching system from 0 still there?

Only a handful, and that is if you pay attention to Japanese culture

Yakuza in the west rides entirely on its core audience of around 100,000.
It has very little mainstream appeal and is pretty niche.

We won't know, the kid probably belongs to a friend of haruka, I don't think people want to imagine haruka getting the dick.
Yeah they do

This is how you make a fucking video game. Full of things to do that are just a good time.

Hopefully the combat will be a little bit cuhrayzee because that's the series' weakpoint.

it was great in 0 and it felt decent in the demo but could've used some fixing, which nagoshi said they did so I'm hopeful

>I don't think people want to imagine haruka getting the dick
My dick, yes.

Well I played the demo for 0 and the combat was a bit more fun, but still very restricted. It's not technical at all. Ishin is still the most technical yakuza game but even that has very strict limits.

Goddamn 6 of these shit games?

How do you make 5+ sequels/spinoffs of something that wasn't even anything special to begin with?

Either make a new IP or fuck off.

only shit here is your taste

What's the appeal of this series?

Because it's certainly not the gameplay when you can just spam potions and dodge in fights and follow the green dot on the map to your next objective.

NOT
FOR
SEXUAL

>unskippable cutscenes
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It makes weebs feel like they're Japanese and tough, a double whammy of escapism.

You can turn that off.
Why would you want to skip cutscenes anyway?

On a serious note, I can only imagine what would happen in these threads if Saejima really was the one who dicked her.

>unskippable cutscenes
You can skip cutscenes though, you just have to enable it in the option menu.

Sega are so dead to me for canning Shenmue and shitting out sequel after sequel of this trite garbage. Nothing but shallow crude violence and wackiness. The combat is nothing like Virtua Fighter.

Why would they have it off by default?

Are they implying I want to watch a movie?

If so, I wouldn't be playing this shit.

The gameplay.

You should try it out instead of watching some let's player fumble around.

Yakuza 6 > Virtua Fighter
Literally.

not gameplay

You've played neither of those.

>Not liking cheesy japanese tv dramas

Because no one actually buys a PlayStation for Yakuza except maybe the Japanese. The PS4 is literally a CoD, Madden, and GTA box, all of which you can even get on last gen consoles. Japanese games are only there because where else are they going to go, the Wii U?

The cutscenes are kinda long, but they're fun to sit through.

You're gonna get tons of time to do whatever you want anyway.

Don't make me explain the joke nigga. Don't you tempt me. I even put literally in there to make it more obvious that it is a joke.

You can play the entirety of Virtua Fighter 5 in Yakuza 6

>forcing viewpoint at every opportunity
Why are people like this? Having an option to skip it should be the end of the complaints.

The story is one of the best parts of the game.
I wouldn't care about what was happening on screen if I didn't know what happened before.

How many more times am I going to have to go up that tower and beat everyone up on the roof?

What gameplay? Having the ability to do what I mentioned hinders it from ever having a high skill ceiling. And the combat barely looks that deep.

>shenmue
>good

It doesn't belong in a game. If you want to make a beat'em up make a beat'em up. Don't add a fucking story. Or if you do, don't make it overly padded like this shit. Make it 3 minutes max to set up motivation and get the fuck out of my face.

I'd cry. saejima hasn't gotten laid in like at least 30 years

Far better than this series.

This series is literally the Japanese equivalent of Asscreed.

QUEST MARKERS!!!!!!!

what fuck is happening to people

You have plenty of beat-em-ups to play if you don't want any story. But that doesn't mean all of them have to have no story.

Not him but Shenmue was much better than this

>It doesn't belong in a game. If you want to make a beat'em up make a beat'em up. Don't add a fucking story
I chuckled.
Here is your (you), son, have a good day.
>amazing how the shitters come out of the woodwork when they see people positive about a game

Calm down ACFag

And where's Shenmue now?

>But that doesn't mean all of them have to have no story.
The question is why would you put it there? No one likes Uncharted.

Not being printed out every year like this.

Shenmue 3 is for closure. Not to make money. Yakuza series is just call of duty.

>Kamurocho
>again

You need to have some grasp on the differences between modern and archaic Japanese. You could watch an NHK Taiga drama to try to get used to it? That worked for me.

>What gameplay
If you paid attention to your little let's player friend, you'd see there is gameplay.

And I don't see how being able to heal and dodge hinders a thing.

Healing just feels like it takes you out of the fight, which sucks, but you can still easily get your ass kicked.

And deep combat? It's a fucking beat em up.

>steven universe
>tumblr .gif

>its a shenmue fans getting triggered about a superior game episode

>4 year gap between 5 and 6

Wanting gameplay in video games is a simple request.

I was asking why is their story in this series and why you support it on Cred Forums? Why are you here?

>Every year
Har har faggot

>no-one likes uncharted

>muh Cred Forums

But there is gameplay, it makes up the majority of the game.
Why are you even here? Just to suffer?
Why come into a thread about a game you don't like.

>it's a Cred Forums talks down on a series they never played episode

Go ahead. Show me your Dreamcast.

Are you saying a game that's just QTE's had better gameplay?

Am I supposed to be impressed? Dust your shit.

this game isnt so weeb. like, normie westerners dont just give a fuck about modern japan and the setting doesnt attract them.

Because I like games, specifically this one, and accept that there is no One True Path to making any game, and that's what makes the medium great.
I'm sorry you don't like video games, user. I do hope you find something you enjoy out there.

What I don't get is why are you shitposting in this thread when there's probably a telltale thread up right now?

Surely even a retard like you can see that Yakuza is not nearly as bad as literal story book games?

This makes me think you have an ulterior motive to this shitposting and do not actually care about the point you are arguing.

It's not suposed to impress. It's supposed to prove. Shenmue is a far greater series than Yakuza ever was. You weren't babied with quest markers and reused assets. You had to actually be a detective.

>ulterior motive to this shitposting
Of course he does, he wants attention and to shitpost.
Stop giving him yous, user, and talk about Yakuza.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>BADASS ALERT

Yakuza is like a much, much much better version of shenmue

Wha. Shenmue is a lame adventure game.

Yakuza is Tokyo vacation simulator with random fight segments.

Are you only comparing them because they both have asians?

I'm simply pointing out facts. There are 2 hour plus long cutscenes in a beatemup. It defeats the purpose of the genre which is replayability, survival, and scores.

shenmue is a meme game favored by reddit

It's...not a beatemup?

You are literally too dumb to talk to.

One's fine dining

The other is fast food.

Yakuza is the latter.

So you're I take it?

>it's a Cred Forums talks down on a series they never played episode

Uh huh, so what are you doing?
Cause it's clear as day you've never touched a single yakuza.

>food analogy
kek this is your last (you)

Yakuza is only liked by those who are too thickheaded to appreciate other forms of gameplay aside from crude violence and excess. Shenmue is artfully done.

How the fuck are they supposed to continue Shenmue or Virtua Fighter for that matter when AM2 is dead and Yu Suzuki has quit Sega? Even if the do bring them back it would be shadow of it's former glory.

It's not a matter of Sega doing anything for Shenmue, it's a matter of Cred Forums shitting on Shenmue meanwhile defending this trite.

And yakuza isn't a forklift simulator detective game so whatever your point is doesn't apply.
The quest marker in yakuza is literally "go here if you want to advance the tv drama plot" leaving you freetime to do some side stories (which don't have quest markers) or some of the countless mini games before getting there.

wow Cred Forums's anti-enjoyment police have come out of the wood work to tell us it is, in fact, shit

well, shows over guys, was nice having a good thread for a bit

@352541884
go collect your sonic toys dude

Well, we could try to fix this thread before it dies.
Post music.
youtube.com/watch?v=1svf3zZ-ywI

My point exactly. Shenmue is a true life simulator, a true extension of the body in gameplay. You perform your day-to-day in Shenmue combining both halves of the arcade and the simulation. Yakuza is merely copypasted assets with brawling and minigames. Shenmue is a world, and the pinnacle of gameplay meditatively. Yakuza is mindless. It's AssCreed

It's AssCreed if AssCreed was fun.

>life is fun

Please, get yourself a tripcode.

Nigga I don't play video games cause I want a life simulator, I play video games cause I wanna have fun.

You want a life simulator?
I got the next best thing.
It's called, turning off your computer and going outside.

I agree. I like this style of game, but the setting is just so off putting. Who gives a shit about the fucking nip gangs? At least gta made shit up because nobody cares about nig gangs either.

Because it's a regular human being doing it to a regular human being.

When you see Doomguy punch a demon's head off, you don't really get to process it from a human perspective. Doomguy's a fucking boogeyman with guns and what he's fighting is a demon.

When you see Kazuma Kiryu rear back a fist and then punch a guy into the fucking concrete road, complete with squished face, you can fucking feel it because it's two human beings doing it.

Fun is a buzzword. It doesn't denote quality. Yakuza is pop entertainment. Shenmue is art. Yakuza is shit.

Those aren't quest markers.

If Shenmue is so good, why don't you go make a thread about it, faggot?

youtube.com/watch?v=eqCKTrAJ148
youtube.com/watch?v=zPS0gT95OZw
youtube.com/watch?v=DsCtzDlYs_A

While the OSTs are amazing in all of the games, I truly do believe the first Yakuza is the most unique one.

>videogames are art

youtube.com/watch?v=4DjlVD7gQyk
Let's get groovy, kyodais.

youtube.com/watch?v=kxFTE3iGkiA

youtube.com/watch?v=oEo2kqpEeOs

youtube.com/watch?v=9WBzFoYwSVY

youtube.com/watch?v=UwVlXEuaZ80

youtube.com/watch?v=dwukthJYEqM

youtube.com/watch?v=UONHPUcJsV0

Really well put, been trying to say this but hadn't found the right words

>Fun is a buzzword
akuza is pop entertainment. Shenmue is art. Yakuza is shit.
>It's AssCreed if AssCreed was fun.
>yakuza is pop entertainment. Shenmue is art. Yakuza is shit.

Please ignore this fag trying to stir shit up between Yakuza and Shenmue fans. Not all Shenmue fans are this insufferable, I happen to like both series.

>I truly do believe the first Yakuza is the most unique one
>didn't post best song
It's time to get funky.

youtube.com/watch?v=d2XIEpsZufg

Well it's true. You wouldn't notice art if you only willingly consume shit like the pig you are.

Yu Suzuki created art. Shenmue is his magnum opus. From the arcade (Hang-On, Outrun) to the simulation (F355 Challenge) to the combination of both halves (Shenmue) he created the full expression of oneself within gameplay, the true extension of body onto screen. He created life.

Reply to the type of posts you want to see more of, not the ones you don't.

>This series is literally the Japanese equivalent of Asscreed.
You know what the original plan with Shenmue was, right? Release a couple big games and then the other dozen chapters through recycled asset proto-DLC chapters on top of that. If it actually got off the ground to the extent it needed to Shenmue would've have been even worse than AssCreed regarding what you're talking about here unless Sega changed their approach.

>QUEST MARKERS!!!!!!!
There aren't any in the picture you posted. What you posted is a picture of the map during a specific story segment that requires you to be in that area of the map. The number of times this happens across the entire series doesn't even go into double digits I think.

fuck off yahtzee

Dough reee wood?

I fucking love this track, the trumpet, the guitar, the GROORYA.

I really need to play 1 and 2, hoping for them to bring over Kiwami

Well, I think Intelligence for Violence is the best purely because you hear it like.. maybe three times in the game, from what I remember. That means that every time it appears and you're fighting Nishki's people, it leaves a lasting impression.

Your track is fine and you have fine taste though.

>In case of bait, doughnut frogposter wood

You're a dumbass fuckface. You can't enjoy two similar games then fuck off.

0 and Kiwami,
I really don't see a reason to bash franchises, would you rather COD just removed the cod and became, Black Ops series, Modern Warfare Series, New Space Shooters, Ghosts, ect.

Because they die with only a few replies. It's over a decade old for Christ sake of course nobody on Cred Forums wants to talk about it anymore.

I think it'd be best if you played the PS2 versions.

Kiwami is good, but I think the original games are truly special, and should be played if you're a fan of the series.

words to live by, it's my family crest

Probably trying to get some Yakuza shitposters to keep their threads alive for more than 20 minutes.

>to keep their threads alive for more than 20 minutes
a bit late for that

I might do that then

I've been holding out because I wanted to get the 'definitive' version, did they change stuff in a bad way then?

I do love Intelligence for violence, but Funk goes on really set Yakuza 1 for me.

Y3 may have been kind of weak, but it was really cool when that remix of Intelligence started playing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7Gj4YTQoc

most stuff is pop entertainment, also asscreed is bad because it's core stealth, platforming, and combat are really shallow and can't hold up over a single game, let alone a series, There are kids movie ties that have more to there combat and platforming, meanwhile a extra mini game in 3 became 2 full games with 4 and rouge for being an optional extra that better than the main game.
Yakuza meanwhile has combat that has gotten better over time to the point were 0 is far above pretty much any Open World title when it comes to melee combat, the mini games meanwhile get moved in and out, some improving, some being dropped and some being left in as extra that you don't even need to touch for sidequests.

Well, in Kiwami, the main fighting style is kind of a pain in the ass to learn since you have to fight Majima like a hundred times to master it.

Boss fights can be a pain in the ass since they can heal in Kiwami.

I feel like Kiwami is something you should play after you play the originals.

Same, obviously goes for majority of Yakuza fans. That guy is just a shitposter.

>tfw kiwami fucked up intelligence so bad but did ok with funk

I hope that if they do a remake of 2 they actually spend a lot of time on it. kiwami was great but very flawed

Most people seem to think Funk sucked dick in Kiwami, though.

good to know I'll pick up the ps2 games

it's not nearly as good as the original but intelligence was way way worse imo

Kiwami left a really bad taste in my mouth. The fucking bosses had movesets recycled from 4/5/0, and the Nishiki fight of all things sucked.

DAME DA NE

youtu.be/OWoYxtw8490

>doesn't sound anything like the original
>buy when 1:27 hits

Threads almost over. Quick, claim you're waifu before anyone else does.

That chinky sounding part that starts at 2:12 always get me really hyped up for some reason.

Tyrone Abdul-Jafar

FUCK YOU

These games barely sell 50-100k per release, thats small time for a big company like sony. Really, 100 fans on Cred Forums doesnt suddenly mean everyone is demanding the game. This retarded train of thought needs to end

Just finished 2.
If I never see another Jingewoun mafia heavy it'll be too soon.
These shit eating chucklefucks can all rot in hell.

Fucking gooks thinking they can muscle in on Tojo clan turf. They got what they deserved.

There's a Jingweon Mafia dude in 6's cast.

I've accepted that this series will never appeal to dudebro normalfags, and I'm okay with that. The reason that these games still manage to be good after all this time, is because they know their audience is mostly older Japanese men. I'd rather that it stay niche (while still getting localized) in the west than for them to try to pander to an audience that isn't there.

I hope the gook fuck dies.
I hope I get to do it.
Jingweon heavies have given me a more sympathetic view of japans campaigns in Korea during ww2.

well you do have atleast boss fight with the guy going by the trailers

Akiyama- Drums
Majima- Lead guitar
Kiryu- Vocals
Saejima- Bass
Prove me wrong

Why is that fucker so smug? They should have known they were starting a gang war by doing business on yakuza turf and have no right to complain about being slaughtered for it.

tk is the lead singer in his own band so this looks right

Looks fun as fuck.

Westerners like Mafia shit. A wigger I knew in high school loved the series because he could beat people up and it had "gangsta chinks".

Wow this thread is actually hitting 500, unbelievable.

New threat?

>Tanimura and Shinada- the roadies that have clean all the vomit,shit and cum from the tourbus after a wild night of partying

k dog arrogance?

I thought adding the japaenese wrasslers was hilarious.

>heavy yakuza related scandals in japanese wrestling that they try to distance away from
>lets add these wrasslers to a yakuza game.

Wasn't there a big falling out with IRL Yakuza this year?

What happened to that?

It happens sometimes. You can make one if you want, but I think I'm done for now. It would get kind of boring if we had these threads up all the time imo. Last thing I think any of us would want is to become like the average thread on /vg/.

quietly removed
everyone was able to save face
a few pig dog koreans died who cares?

business as usual in nippon

>Implying mafiashit only appeals to weebs
Is not like Yakuza is Nepgear tier, for most western normies it would just be like a japanese GTA

Good point.

According to this, a bunch of them got arrested before it could escalate.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/01/police-crackdown-averts-all-out-yakuza-war-in-japan/

Kind of disappointing tbqh.

Damn, Jap cops don't fuck around.

Oh, come on.

This must be the work of bracku friday

Hopefully he'll finally die in 6. Who am I kidding? He'll outlive everyone and even get his own game.

Japanese police are pretty competent about cracking down on drugs and organized crime. They suck at everything else though.

I wonder if they fired any RUBBER BULLETS at them while they were being arrested?