Is there a weapon more satisfying to rend your enemies with than a motherfucking chainsaw?

Is there a weapon more satisfying to rend your enemies with than a motherfucking chainsaw?

I'll answer that for you right now, nigger: No. No there isn't, and ever will be.

Post chainsaws in games.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/295h4CZU2wY
youtube.com/watch?v=SvGCtilIApU
youtube.com/watch?v=tuLDVgo9Tr4
youtube.com/watch?v=UpDogn4ee90
doom.wikia.com/wiki/Pain_state
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>kf2 doesn't have a proper chainsaw

>preanimated kills
>satisfying

Fuck you, pussy.

for fucks sake, this game needs to go on sale again

Doom 4's guaranteed kill chainsaw is for wimps.

Getting lucky with pain state RNG is the real shit.

>click next to demon and watch a cutscene
>satisfying

Yeah. A rail gun.

desu honest the most satisfying part is seeing a shit-ton of ammo pouring out of the body, so I can kill more demons

>wanting more zerkers with shittier eviscerators
y tho

>watching a chainsaw rev while the demon hardly reacts
>satisfying
doom > d44m > dIIm > d33m

>style over substance
typical d44mfag

Lo Wang got you senpai.

youtu.be/295h4CZU2wY

>strafing and holding a mouse button
>substance
typical retrofag
why would you even use the chainsaw anyways if not for style, its absolute shit in d11m and d22m

Move over, boys.

youtube.com/watch?v=SvGCtilIApU

>>strafing and holding a mouse button
Is that not exactly what you're doing in d44m, except now there's a cutscene and it's an extremely easy insta-kill?

Usually this would be right, but since D44M's chainsaw serves an actual mechanic, it's not so bad when you actually play the game and not argue based on semantics for argument sake. Sometimes I would be left to die and then some huge fucker spawns and I nope hard and send him back to hill. If it bothers you that much, just think of it as hoarding a rocket launcher in Resident Evil 4 for opportunities.

The knife in Turok is infinitely more satisfying, doesn't stop the game to show you le epic kill scene, and is in a far better game.

>

Wrong video.
youtube.com/watch?v=tuLDVgo9Tr4

>serves an actual mechanic
What mechanic does it serve that the other chainsaws don't?

>Is that not exactly what you're doing in d44m
it is but its actually useful now that its an insta-kill, and the unique kill animations are cooler than watching the same one happen after holding the mouse for 5 seconds
>except now there's a cutscene
the kill animations last less than a second, compared to the multiple seconds it takes to kill an enemy in classic dooms with a chainsaw
>and it's an extremely easy insta-kill
with extremely limited ammo to compensate
huh, its almost like retrofags don't even play the games they try and criticize

Yes. That weapon is 'fuck huge dakka'.

Why are you speaking like I said D44M's chainsaw is particularly better than other games

>has to be insta-kill to be useful
>op post clearly showing animation taking longer than a second

I'm not, you said
>but since D44M's chainsaw serves an actual mechanic
so I'm assuming it serves a mechanic that others don't. Otherwise that would be a stupid thing to say since literally every chainsaw "serves an actual mechanic," i.e. killing

>it is but its actually useful now that its an insta-kill
Not that I needed any more proof that doom 4 is for casuals but thanks anyways.

maybe if you actually played the game you'd know that animation is one of several much shorter ones (and is faster in game anyways)

>is one of several much shorter ones
So they get longer? Wow.

>click enemy to kill
>satisfying
This is sad.

Meanwhile Shadow Warrior has manual chainsaws and fully controllable attacks.

AND A FUCKING CHAINSAW KATANA

youtube.com/watch?v=UpDogn4ee90

>casuals
doom has always been a casual series
i beat ultra nightmare my first time through dying only a couple of times
hell d44m is harder than 1 or 2
but go ahead, continue to hate a game you haven't played to be an edgy contrarian i guess?
i was going to point out how you were retarded for not responding to the actual argument for pointing out a grammatical error, but then i realized what i said was correct so i guess you're just double retarded

>a grammatical error
I honestly had no idea it was a grammatical error, sorry.

No I'm talking about how every lame ass D44M hater shits on the game solely based on semantics for arguments sake instead of actually playing the game to see how the chainsaw is actually used. It's not used for kill animations, it's closer to a rocket launcher in Resident Evil 4 if you feel like spending resource to eliminate a thread that's not with the risk. Even if you think this is lame, it's still infinitely better than the old chainsaw where you run up to someone and hold down a mouse click, not to mention the monster can still hit you while being gouged with a chainsaw which makes no sense, and the fact that it has a slight bit of sticky autoaim like a console shooter so that definitely doesn't help anyone's case when it comes to arguing using shitty semantics. Funnily enough, classic Doom chainsaw is the one that is all style no substance, there's no reason to use it at all other than wanting style points, where as in D44M you have to decide if you want to spend the resource to eliminate a threat you feel is not worth the risk, or you sacrifice the resource because you're fucked on gun ammo and need an instant refill. The fact it's dual purposed is already an evolution over w+m1 autoaim chainsaw.

All kill animations present in the E3 demo were sped up before release.
Literally just sped up. Like that animation was squashed down to 1.2 seconds before release, and you can halve it with a rune to make it look extra retarded.

chain gun

I think what he means is that the chainsaw is used when you're low on health and ammo, and enemies killed with it drop a lot of both. You also have to worry about chainsaw fuel, larger enemies require more fuel to kill, but also reward with even more ammunition and health.

It's an interesting mechanic, and perfect for a game like D44M. I rarely used it, mostly I saved up fuel and used it to kill Mancubi or Hell Knights in the larger combat areas.

The game has its flaws, but it's probably one of the best FPS games released in recent years.

Alright, so it's pretty much just another chainsaw.

Yes one that is better than Doom 1.

>one of the best FPS games released in recent years.
Setting the bar extremely low.

I believe Left for Dead 2's chainsaw was actually pretty good

Oh boy, here we go.

Tell me oh great authority on FPS' what are some other great FPS' that put it to shame, fucking enlighten me.

Aside from being le epic 1-hit-kill weapon for brainless casuals who prefer the game be played for them.

Glad we could have this talk.

You do know that Ultra Nightmare is the permadeath difficulty, right?

He's talking about the original

The answer is "shotgun."

A properly done shotgun cannot be beat for entertainment value.

Holding w and left click with sticky aim IS casual

I see you haven't actually played the game

>Aside from being le epic 1-hit-kill weapon for brainless casuals who prefer the game be played for them.

Is this the most autistic sentence on Cred Forums this week?

Both games when you run out of ammo you gotta use the chainsaw, but instead of roaming to find more ammo you just get more out of the pinata enemy's.

also doom.wikia.com/wiki/Pain_state explains why you get hit sometimes while chainsawing.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Quake 1 and 3
Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay
FEAR and its expansions
STALKER SoC
Serious Sam series
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Unreal

And of course, the original Doom.

Well the original games don't even have Ultra Nightmare, so he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Played doom. Actually got the version with the statue for $30

It's pretty shit and I haven't bothered with the multiplayer. Project Diva is a more satisfying "press button to win" game

well that rules out fighting games doesnt it

anything without ragdolls, really

You can always tell a game isn't very good when its fans are super-defensive incredibly easy to rile up.

>recent years

>Posts 10+ year old games
Woah fuck, nice reading comprehension bruh.

>Tell me oh great authority on FPS' what are some other great FPS' that put it to shame, fucking enlighten me.
I'm not seeing where you said "recent years" in this sentence.

Dark Souls is trash
The Witcher is trash
Stalker is trash

What game is this? Sorry

You can instantly kill 6 small enemies, one huge enemy or two medium sized ones per filled tank. You get an opportunity to fill the tank around two times on average each level, and levels go on for about an hour the first time through. That's 18 small enemies, 3 huge enemies or 6 medium enemies you get to eliminate PER LEVEL. It's a real game killer imo desu.

yeah, doom 1/2/64 purists are the worst
get pissed about everything

Donfighting games sell themselves on preanimated kills like doom tried to?

MKX was also shit compared to MK9 btw

>faggots arguing about FPS and Doom games
>the severe lack of chainsaws in this thread

Get out FPSbabbies

see

He said that D44M is the best FPS to come out in recent years, then someone else said that that's setting the bar low, so it was implied he was looking for FPS games released in recent years that are better than D44M.

How much does bethesda pay you?

Eternal Crusade

>Anyone who disagrees with me is a shill

Sorry man but even if Doom 4 wasn't a thing, Doom is still a console and casual friendly shooter.

You've misinterpreted what I said. I'm saying that Doom 4 being the best fps in recent years means shit considering fps games in recent years have been terrible, and it's not a high standard.

Wolfenstein TNO
Deus Ex MD
Far Cry BD
Overwatch
Metro
Serious Sam 3
Shadow Warrior

Of course since we're arguing about a subjective matter you could greentext and pick apart these games and point out flaws, but there are great games that are still coming out. Dismissing newer games outright makes one sound like a curmudgeon.

I'll give you SS3 and Shadow Warrior. Haven't played Blood Dragon. Wolfenstein TNO is about as mediocre as Doom 4 though, and of course not even remotely as good as RtCW.