Comfy JRPG thread. What you currently playing? What are you most hyped for? What parties are you using?

Comfy JRPG thread. What you currently playing? What are you most hyped for? What parties are you using?

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy VIII. Fuck the haters this is a damn good game.

I'm currently hyped for Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, Pokemon Sun/Moon

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,21731.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

playing DQ7

most hyped for FF15

>I'm currently playing Final Fantasy VIII.
>post FFX image
but why?

So hyped for 2,8

Because I'm kinda drunk user and didn't realize what I did until you pointed out

Just starting FFV, still wondering on what version of FFVI should I play next.
I'm also playing Valkyria Chronicles 3, good stuff.

I'm hyped for P5, KH 2.8 and FFXV (in that order)

>What you currently playing? What are you most hyped for? What parties are you using?

Trails of Cold Steel 2.
Sara, Alisa, Emma, Laura
Trails in the Sky The 3rd

EO2U classic, Hi/L/B and T/G. Also Trails of Nothing Personnel on PS3, which I bought on release and played 2 or 3 times since. It's actually a pretty cool game, I should get the sequel too. Hyped for EOV, DT 2-2 and the Dark Souls 3 DLC.

I am currently playing Dragon Quest 8 (ps2). I recently resurrected the boat and now I am searching islands to recruit for my monster party.

I guess I'm hyped for Berseria, but that doesn't come out until next year. Are there any indie JRPG coming for for PS4/X1 this year?

Been grinding all day the past few days to get that sweet Ares 90, just need to grab the last dupe/storage/booster probes so I can net the needed 100K miranium.

>What you currently playing?
Persona 5
>What are you most hyped for?
WoFF and XV
>What parties are you using?
Morgana, Haru, and Ryuuji.

In NG+ right now. I like how there is such an obvious twist and one that you never really see coming. And sensei a best.

Skies of Arcadia. Dreamcast version. This game is fucking awesome. Ship battle cutscenes take 9001 years to play out though, which is annoying

looking forward to World of FF

Recently I've been replaying my favourites instead of trying games from my backlog, but this time I'm really going to try something new. Which of the following should I play: Seiken Densetsu 3, Grandia, Suikoden, Live a Live, Growlanser VI

Wrapping up Atelier Sophie in anticipation of Atelier Firis.

Sophie is comfy as fuck. Go on little adventures or stay home and craft items all day.

Too bad the story was kind of short.

Persona 4 NG+, SMT Soul Hackers, Dungeon Travelers 2.

> What are you most hyped for?
WoFF, Persona 5, FFXII remaster, EO5.

Grandia is fantastic

I might start up Legend of Legaia again.

Finished FFX the other day.

Started on FFX-2. Enjoying it so far.

Going to play Lightning Returns after.

Tales of Vesperia (PS3) (First ever play-through)
I'm about 70% into the game and holy shit and I loving it. I want to talk more about it but I' saving that for when I finally complete the game.

NieR Automata. I'm going to go all autistic on this game.

Judy & Yuri of course

Playing Cold Steel right now, about to depart for Heimdallr. I was kind of worried about how the game would transfer into 3D and that military academy setting but my worries appear to have been for naught, it's every bit as comfy as Sky was.
Still not sure what I think about the quartz system in that game but oh well, just have to roll with it.

>Going to play Lightning Returns after.
But that's the end of a different series, user.

Holy shit my nigger.

I've been dreaming to replay this game with cheats to lessen random battles occurrences and use a guide to get all the crewmates and shit I didn't get on my first playthrough.

The game is amazing.

Legend of Dragoon. I'm not looking forward to anything because I'm never playing another JRPG after this. God what an awful mess of a game.

I finally see how flawed this genre is.

I can't wait for XV and Persona in early 2017.
Also never played KH, but last trailer from TGS looks gorgeous.

Man I'm even feeling guilty about pirating this game, I might buy it for a friend who likes JRPGs lol.

I'm even playing the undub on my vita, everything is so perfect and works so fine.

Play Threads of Fate.

Playing FF7 for the first time, Just got past the Chocobo Farm. I'm really liking this game so far. Cloud's flashback was sketchy as fuck, I don't trust him entirely

After trying kh2.8 at tgs im so hype to play it but equally sad its only going to be like 2 or 3 hours. If kh3 is this good it'll surpass the hype

Type-0 HD

I realize I'm one of the 5 people who have played this game

>Playing the SJW translation

BAKA SENPAI

This, I pirated TitS on the PSP back when it was still fresh and as soon as they announced it for PC I guilt-preordered it.

Emulating Kingdom Hearts, did I fuck up or should I buy 1.5 and 2.5?

Persona 5 is fun, FUN !

I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. I did play the fan translation until halfway through and then the PC version got announced

Playing FFIX and Terranigma.
Did I do good?

Hey that actually worked. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try it out.

My main problem with Legend of Dragoon was the battle system. It got tiring so quickly I often found myself hoarding as many charm potions as I could just to avoid encounters. I wouldn't have done that if the game wasn't easy as piss to beat. I remember I got Haschel to solo the final boss attacking like 6 times a turn.

I liked the characters and character interactions as well as the music and art though. Story wasn't remarkable.

The new star ocean is pretty fun dunno why everyone hates it

That depends, are you enjoying those games?

I heard you could choose which girl you wanted to romance and it would change the ending and stuff. Is that true?

Playing some Mana Khemia on the PS2. The dialogue is kinda cheesy but the mechanics are blowing me away. I love how in depth alchemy is.

Plus the ghost girl's voice makes my dick hard.

I hope so I hope I can get butt girl

No.

FFXI is overrated as fuck. 8 is objectively better.

Should I purchase DQ7? I never really played many jrpg but since many of you on here seem to be playing maybe you could tell me if it's worth touching. I want a cozy game God dammit

Finished Tales of Graces f two days ago and wondering what JRPG should I play next, Cold Steel 1, Resonance of Fate or Xenoblade Chronicles X, what do you say Cred Forums?

Funny, I thought the alchemy was pretty meh but the battle system was amazing.

Roxis' ability to shuffle time cards was fun but it never really resurfaced in the later Ateliers.

playing this desu senpai

30h into it.

I've finished most of my JRPGs, but my hype for 2.8 has kind of killed a desire to play anything at the moment, I bought The Last Remnant though, so I should get around to that

Playing this too.
The alchemy in the PS2 games is very simple compared to the more recent games.
Meruru's is probably the one I remember the most fondly, crafting ultimate equipment is always my favorite part of Atelier.

Dragon Quest 4 DS, with Hero, Alena, Kiryl, and Meena. It's quite fun and I'm getting close to the ending, so it's just a matter of wrapping things up and hoping that I didn't skip too much content. Apparently, the DS version has an additional chapter. I have DQ5DS as well, so I'll likely move on to that next.

I'm also playing through Fate/Extra on my PSP, rather slowly though.

Eh, hard to say. I have a ton of games backlogged so I'm not spending too much time looking forward to new games. Dragon Quest 7/8 on 3DS are a given, and their release is what prompted me to dig out DQ4DS and finally give it a play. I don't think I have DQ6DS, though, so I'd likely pick that one up first.

Also, I still need to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles X, and am looking forward to Puzzle & Dragons X.

Looking into it, it looks like they fixed the massive camera blur problem that was on the PS4 version. Good to see, as that was incredibly awful.

Is that Reyn on the left? I don't remember him having tattoos, although I don't recognize the armor either.

>playing through FFX for the first time right now
>have to cycle everyone into battle for your team to all get xp for a fight
who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

The only ones that matter post game are Wakka, Rikku, Tidus, and early on, Yuna.

Don't do that. Just focus on the party members you consider worthwhile.

Playing the Gamecube version right now, this game is really comfy. Only gripe is I wish discoveries were actual dungeons or items insted of floating debri but the lore around them is pretty nice.

Not playing so much as translating, but the E.V.O.: Search for Eden predecessor on PC-98. It's pretty neat, more a JRPG than the SNES game.

Stop using Sharla

i am extremely interested in this, what's it called?

The Japanese title is 46億年物語:THE進化論 (46 Okunen Monogatari: THE Shinkaron), and we're leaving towards a fairly literal title of that and going with the English title of E.V.O.: The Theory of Evolution.

It's fairly simplistic when it comes to battles, they're one on one and you fight to obtain evolution points so you can evolve four different stats, which also control what you evolve into, creature-wise.

I'm about halfway through our script draft, but the guy handling the romhacking is pretty far along.

i thought I already played this? On the super nintendo?

thanks dawg, you got somewhere I can check to see when your translation releases?

EVO search for Eden is the sequel released on the SNES, which is an action game and is far more polished

I had no idea this existed, EVO is one of my favorite games so I'd love to play the precursor, even though the gameplay is more turn based than platforming, and without as many options for customizing your dooder

Moon Dwellers

nothing right now

whoever I can use the resupply trick on (pics coming soon)

The SNES one is more action RPG than anything. It also doesn't have the same boss or story, really.

At the moment we're not really part of a group that has a website, but we'll probably release it over at: romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,21731.0.html

Not sure when that'll be, but if we're lucky it'll be before the end of the year.

Neat. I'd love to play another EVO game.

Replaying Grandia II. So fucking good.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Nice I'm playing MD myself, just beat Helluga. Who's your top 3 aces? I'm enjoying the game a lot but my autism is making me regret skipping one SR point(the one where you have to shoot down Gleikr)

It's super cozy. But super long. I'm 40 hours in and I'm about to unlock the class system. Which has 53 classes if I'm not mistaken

EO2U postgame and SMT4A.
Fucking Pokemon Moon, son. I want to be the little girl.
Have barely even started SMT, but I'm using the story party in EO. Chloe a best.

>Nice I'm playing MD myself, just beat Helluga. Who's your top 3 aces?

I am on a 4th run but right now my top aces are:
Calvina
Ing
(Ryusei, I think)

I am on stage 18 on a 4th run and I am using a trick to get my people to level 99 to balance out EX-Hard

the current people are at level 99:
Ginto
Testuya
Eita
Lefina
Sean
Yung
Ryusei
Rai
Aya
Ing
Lamia
Kushua
Bullet
Axel
Mihuru
Ibis
Tsugmi
Srey
Raul
Fiona
Despenis
Josh
Calvina
Katia

would post a picture but my PC is not recognizing my phone

I bought the Steam re-release and played it up through Heart of Valmar but stopped because I realized how fucking easy and formuliac the game was. Just after Eye of Valmar I'd just turn on the autopilot and alt-tab until everything died and heal when I needed to heal.

why are this girls tits so low

>comfy
There's that word again.

I can't play FFVIII anymore without breaking it through junction system abuse. I refine spells from items and cards to get them early so I can junction them, then all the bosses just crumple because Squall does retarded amounts of damage and always has his limit up.

I know it's as simple as not doing it but I just can't help it. Maybe I'm autistic.

>comfy

stopped reading there.
didnt read any of this shit.
just thought you should know.

Currently playing SMT IV: Apocalypse and have Super Robot Wars OG queued up for when I finish.

Most hyped for Persona 5. I wish I could read moon.

Playing Chrono Trigger. Waiting for FFXV and KH2.8.

just starting a new Legend of Dragoon run. I'm thinking of using Kongol because I never do, haven't decided on the other party memeber. any suggestions?

Lavitz

Saw that on Romhacking.net. Looks pretty cool since Seventh Cross Evolution has absolutely no story at all and it's the only other evolution rpg I can think of.

Thoughts on Evolution Worlds?

There's certainly a proper story in this one. But there's also an entire ingame encyclopedia and different evolution dead end stories that take up around half the character count that needs to be translated, which makes the story feel light in comparison.

>Thoughts on Evolution Worlds?
It is randomly generated dungeons, which randomly generated treasure, leading up to a boss fight at the end. Basically, they are very similar to Mystery Dungeon games, but with a three-person party RPG combat instead.

Evolution Worlds certainly isn't bad, but it can get repetitive and shares the similar faults that Chocobo's Dungeon and Torneko: The Last Hope had. If you enjoyed those games and don't mind their faults, then Evolution Worlds is probably a RPG you would enjoy. If you hated those games or just the repetitiveness of Mystery Dungeon games in general, then Evolution Worlds will certainly not change your mind.

EV is garbage. EV 2 is good but way too short for it's own good it's only got 4 1/2 dungeons (Plus the side tower) and 3 optional characters to level, do the math

- Digimon Cyber Sleuth (Chapter 10)
- Tales of Graces F
Persona 5/Final Fantasy XV
DCS: RizeGreymon, MegaSeadramon, WareGarurumon(Black)
ToGF: Malik, Sophie, Cheria, ProtectMan