Hyped for game

>Hyped for game
>Turns out it's shit

What's her name, Cred Forums?

Obligatory No Man's Sky post

star ocean 5

spore

Jak 2 was my first ever disappointment.

Now that I have a habit of keeping myself completely in the dark about games my most recent one was getting fucked by Zenoblade X. I knew it was different, I didn't know it was -bad-.

Mgs5

Saints Row 3

Resident Evil 5.

Spore was when I learned you can never believe what you see.

Number 1 answer.

It's not completely shit, it's just a buggy mess.
Eldar and Orkz need some tuning to make them balanced.

Pikmin 3

Hellgate: London.

Overwatch

this
deus ex MD
MGSV
Destiny

>Saints Rows 3
Volition can rot firmly in hell.

go to bed jacob

Tree of Savior

Red Alert 3. Loved the first one, second was solid, but the 3rd one was just so unremarkable.

People seem to like it so maybe I just outgrew that brand of RTS game in the time since Red Alert 1 and 2 but it just seemed so lifeless and repetitive.

What Mighty No. 9?
What is Sonic 06?
What is Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi?

Every triple a game in the past 3 years.

Prove me wrong

Guild Wars 2, I fell for their lies pretty badly. Hype for that game was around the same time as the Tortanic so nobody was criticizing it very much.

Dead Rising 3
MGSV halfway through Chapter 1, Chapter 2 was the point of no return
Resident Evil 6
Anarchy Reigns when it had a dead multiplayer.
Zelda Skyward Sword which had laggier controls compared to Twilight Princess
And especially Paper Mario Sticker Star, what the fuck were they thinking?

biggest offender would be GW2

GunZ 2. Although the hype died much earlier as Maiet took many years to show anything, the first game was still alive at that point, but was slowly dying as hackers flooded the servers and ruinned everything. In the end, the second game ended up being nothing like the original and was dead on arrival, fin.

Mechwarrior Online.

I have really intense nostalgia for the older PC games, and I used to play the Battletech:Firestorm at an arcade near where I lived.

It was the first thing I ever put money into as a kickstarter-esque thing.120$

It taught me to assume that money may be thrown away.

Spore.

>Saw it on Cinematech SIX YEARS before release
>Hype as FUCK
>Watch development
>Going well
>Something happens
>Everything goes wrong
>Have to sit and watch as everything falls apart
>Turn in my six year pre-order receipt at Gamestop
>Get home and play it
>First stages are okay but then everything falls apart
>My face

Six years. I joined communities, posted on forums, and we were all hyped. But god damn. Rest in peace, xspore..

>Says it's going back to being like 3.
>Worse than 4..
>Probably no more Star Ocean after this.
Profound sadness.

every game in 2016

Jak 2 was beautiful..

They got rid of cancels and any fun from the original on purpose, so new players wouldnt get stomped. They forgot that was the actual thing that people were expecting.

Shit taste

Communism.

Metal gear solid V the phantom pain
It was my fault for the hype, but man, those fucking trailers...
I didn't even finished, i sell it for 30 bucks 1 month later when i read about the ending

Other M.

I used to believe Nintendo had a certain set of standards that they'd never let any of their long time properties fall beneath and that, at the very least, the game would be above average.

I guess at least that game taught me an important lesson: Never trust anybody.

SWTOR
Guild Wars 2
WildStar

I learned my lesson, I will stay away from MMO's for the rest of my life. I don't even know which game they currently hype.

RE5 sucked dude. The setting was boring, the boss battles sucked, Sheva was a fucking retard and it had zombies with guns. But let me guess, you played it with your best friend on your comfy couch while you rubbed each other's cocks like the faggots you are and ended up loving it. Fuck you.

Dark Souls II

final fantasy 13

Remember backin ijji when they released a patch and there was no hackers for like a week? Going 20-0 in zerk and getting kicked for being 2gud? Bouncing from duel to duel cock-blocking the sht outta 10 streaks? Man.. sht was comfy as fuk back then.

MGSV got boring once you got past the hobo phase which was great, and it just felt dullonce and grindy. Exploring the world was boring because everything looked the exact same.

Dead Rising 3 was bad compared to 2, RE6 was only good for Mercs, Skyward Sword had bad controls and Sticker Star sucked a fat one.

No Man's Sky

I waited 3 years, pre-ordered the limited edition for 90 bucks and defended this shit until release, only played 4 hours.

The "comic" inside is not drawn, they used the game models and added text bubbles, the artwork book is an insult, 90% of the shit it shows arent in the game like the sand worms, deserts, asteroids etc.

Laugh at me, i deserve this

>you will never get those scans of the Megasex douijin

Dragon age inquisition.

Brink

Sonic Heroes

Oblivion.

>BioShock Infinite
>GTA V
>Arkham Knight
>Mankind Divided

Despite the shitstorm it caused on Cred Forums, I look up some gameplay footage myself, the game is not gorgeous but not very bad as Cred Forums claimed either.

I am quite interested in Warhammer 40k games recently, so is this one worth the buy?

What was the last game that DIDN'T disappoint you, Cred Forums?

Not Brawl
Brawl

I agree with the other user, you have some pretty shit taste. 2 > 3 > 1, none of them were really bad.

I didnt even know I needed this, but i do

Fuck you for making me remember Spore.

>those early gameplay videos
>all that potential
>procedural stuff before it became a meme

What the fuck happened?

Every MMO that came out 2010+

It still hurts.

I can't believe this exists. Are there japanese into stoner culture?

Smash 4 and retroactively Brawl. Every time Sakurai has an interview with famitsu and it gets posted here it just shows how incompetent he really is.
>Gee it sure doesn't look fun for the other person to be combo'd to death in MVC3
>I'll fix this by making a game that isn't fun for anyone involved
Fucker is just too lazy to make something fast paced and balanced. So he took the easy route and made something so braindead it's easier to balance.
>mfw the almost nonexistent hitstun in Smash 4
Like holy fuck you don't even need to make a game with the technical depth of melee just make something that has more to it than down throw>uptilt/air.

All of them

:(

star ocean 5

Sonic 06
FF 13
Battlefield 3
Skyrim
Witcher 3
Dark Souls 2 and 3

Xenoblade Chronicles

Are you serious? Holy shit, i need this.

Dark Souls 2

Have you ever seen a complete disaster unfold right in front of your very eyes, and it was so terrible you couldn't look away?

I also purchased Of Kings and Men recently. Fucking chadz (the 'main guy') needs to get his shit together.

Guild wars 2 and Diablo 3

Pretty much every game I've been hyped for in the last two years..