Do you ever think your life would be better off with out vidya? Would you get more done? Would you ultimately miss it...

Do you ever think your life would be better off with out vidya? Would you get more done? Would you ultimately miss it? Thinking about quitting video games altogether and trying to lead an actual life.

>Do you ever think your life would be better off with out vidya?

of course it would, this is pretty much a universal fact

>would you get more done?

seriously doubt it. Most people's motivation issues are deeper than that, video games are just a coping mechanism.

it would just get replaced with some other hobby that will get mundane

hard to say, video games are like 90% of my interests/hobbies/studies/motivation

I am studying digital art, with video games being my main inspiration. Video games are not just some life crippling waste of time if you want to be productive with it.

I'm fine. And any blame I put on vidya is shifting the blame away from inherent flaws I have with myself. Anyone who pretends any form of addiction or obsession is the substance's fault will just fins something else to cling onto as they stay miserable.

I used to scoff at shit like this but as time goes on and I begin to face my own mortality I really do question if I wouldn't find a more fulfilling and richer life if I cast aside video games entirely and devoted the time and effort to something which, at the culmination of it all, produced something tangible and potentially meaningful as a result of my efforts.

I don't know user.

Being a lazy fuck who doesn't do anything wouldn't been fixed if you never got into video games.

You just wouldn't be playing video games. It's you. Not what you use to escape your life.

If you mean forgoing video games for something more productive, then yeah. But if you mean the most realistic scenario which would be doing something equally fucking worthless like watching Netflix constantly, then no.

I went through a phase where I decided I was too "mature" for video games. Without realizing it I just read a lot more fiction, not a terrible trade, but I don't see why I can't enjoy both.
If you don't have a family and can't find time for your hobbies, you're probably overworking yourself.

I haven't played any vidya in about a week or so, due to school overload.

In all honesty, I end up with way too much free time and have nothing better to do. I enjoy games more than movies, so why not?
Plus I like playing games and looking at them from a developer standpoint, praising/criticizing certain things about them.

My life would be worse without video games and I would still be a loser to boot.

I once dropped the internet for a week to see if my habits would change. Short version is that I played more video games and found other ways to procrastinate. I imagine dropping video games would have a similar effect. It's not the games, it's you.

i think about it sometimes. when me and my dad had a talk last time he told me that he was scared that i've been down here so long playing games or on the internet because i don't really know anything. and that's all i do is play games or go on the internet. i really have no friends or anything.

>Do you ever think your life would be better off with out vidya?
God, yes. I'd get bored more easily, but there's probably tons more entertaining and productive shit I could be doing

Like what? What would you actually be doing that's "productive". Come on people.

Nah I'd have probably gone full beta orbiter. Better not getting pussy and be on my own than begging for it and still get none.

No idea. Probably get into lifting.

You can still do that and play games. Plus, I don't find that productive. It's probably something you should be doing.

Different? Yes.
Better? Well seeing my married and divorced co-workers puts doubt in my mind.

Nothing wrong with getting a life, and it won't hurt to give it a shot. In my case, I think I have problems with wasting time anyway, and video games is only part of that. If I were going to give something up, I think it would be something more general, like leisure time, or time at home. I miss miss games if I gave them up, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I'd regret doing it.

I wouldn't have any of my irl friends without video games, so as much time as I waste on them I'd probably be worse off without them.

Unless you just mean "stopped playing now" in which case, probably