Kill the main villain in what should be the final boss fight

>kill the main villain in what should be the final boss fight
>some literallywho comes from out of nowhere to announce himself as the real final boss

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/Amy's_Baking_Company
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

name one game and two pieces of interactive entertainment that do this

I'll take "What is The Witcher 3?" for six hundred.

Not OP but Star Fox Adventures did it.

Paper Mario TTYD

Twilight Princess, kinda. In that the surprise villan is Ganondorf.

final fantasy ix
super smash bros brawl

That doesn't really fit...

Eredin was the shittiest villain possible, but he was the villain for the entire game

Far Cry 3

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Best one right here.

There is absolutely zero foreshadowing or hints toward this happening at all whatsoever.

Shadow of Mordor

>It was me all along! Manipulating the villain that was manipulating the villain that was manipulating the villain!

it's okay for kids games like Mario. when I played Yoshi's Island for the first time I had no idea about the whole Mario universe, so seeing Bowser for the first time, he was a literal who for me. still one of the best boss fights ever

this was the biggest asspull in history

I think given that killing Medusa is like a third of the way into the game, and that the idea of why is she resurrected is mentioned there's not too much of a problem there.
Is that Yoshi's New Island? That's the Yoshi's Island text box style, and that doesn't look like a DS game to me so it can't be the DS one

Legit question, could a worse ending have been made?

I didn't have a problem with Kaguya whatsoever.

Overall the entire story was essentially giving us more and more info about characters who were further and further into the past of the setting so naturally we'd reach the origin point of all the feuding and bad blood between Naruto-types and Sasuke-types.

Underage B& pls

>it actually is some literallywho character that was not mentioned or alluded to in the story leading to a wtfisthisshit moment rather than a twist

>tfw I used to make fun of naruto fans in high school but now enjoy it

New Island, yes. After defeating Baby Bowser, present!Bowser suddenly appears and becomes the true final boss, with no buildup whatsoever or explanation as to how he even "warped through space and time" because time travel wasn't used as a plot mechanic like it was in the DS game, he literally just shows up. It's probably the biggest whiplash in any recent Nintendo game.

I'd have less of a problem if they alluded to her through legend or myth throughout the story, but up until about halfway through the manga they always talked about chakra being something you created in your body, and then asspulled the whole "oh actually men stole chakra from aliums by eating her secret fruit.

Mordor told you what you were doing and who you were building up to every step of the way, even the shit that went down after you beat him.

I know it's an empty game, user, but that's all the more reason you should've noticed what little was actually there.

>tfw i used to enjoy naruto in high school but now make fun of it

Tales of Vesperia
Final Fantasy IX

Your choice of image makes me believe she did something to be news worthy again

>The Ōtsutsuki clan (大筒木一族, Ōtsutsuki Ichizoku) is a family of extra-terrestrials. After part of the clan's arrival on Earth a millennium ago, the Ōtsutsuki began having a lasting influence on the human population, notably starting the history of shinobi.

Naruto is literally aliens? That's hilarious.

you FORGOT the VIDEO GAMES

Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games
Cred Forums video games
>Cred Forums video games

> The Ten-Tails terrorised the world until Hagoromo and Hamura defeated it with their Six Paths — Chibaku Tensei, thus creating the Moon.

The fuck am I reading?

...Bleach

Eredin isn't the final boss though

Hamura turned the moon into a space base for his space ninjas where they made space dolls.

meow

>Necron wasn't the main villian. It was a battle against death itself to stay alive.

Fucking The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

That's a bit stupid, I mean another boss is good, but that's a pretty big "fuck you" there.
Also what's going on in that webm

Dark Souls 3

it was pretty obvious that hilda was a bad guy

Who's the Amy's Baking Company of the gaming industry?

As ancient evil go Shadow Queen wasn't so bad. Constantly alluded to since the beginning, clearly the reason why bad shit is happening, has agents actively working to her release and starts off her fight possessing a very well known and crucial character.

A bad ancient evil in my eyes is Final Fantasy IV. With Golbez actually just being corrupted by Zemus being corrupted by Zeromus. Neither of which have any explanation to their existence until revealed fully in the midget wizards or Golbez' dialogue.

Dragon Quest 3

The difference being that Hades totally ends up deserving to be the final boss the moment he appears.

Phil Fish

Gearbox

Not to mention she still isn't the final boss.

It's just part of Yoshi games' strange dedication to having the same final boss every single time.

that can't be real

what the fuck

There's this sentient pipe character that periodically appears throughout the game to aid you if you're shit and keep dying by giving you items to make it easier like wings to make Yoshi fly and shit. The game doesn't really explain his existence or purpose beyond "That's Mr. Pipe!". You're just meant to accept it as typical handholdy crap that you don't need to beat the game, useless feature for casuals etc etc.

That webm is post-credits and the final scene in the game, revealing that Mr. Pipe was actually present!Mario in disguise time traveling to help his baby self.

>villian's flunkie was the real one calling the shots

to be fair, the only reason why this guy became the final boss is that you broke the seal by killing what everyone thought was the final boss

>reddit shits
Is she our girl Cred Forums?

>come to here

Pretty sure that was the guy.

Ninja Theory

Uhh, nobody even mentioned Undertale?

>by Zemus being corrupted by Zeromus.

Zeromus is just the embodiment of Zemus' hatred. There was no man behind the man behind the man

Eh, it was an asspull sort of but she was brought up before she appeared so that was nice I guess

In what way. Every boss in DaS3 was either in your way or refusing to do their job. No conspiracies or men behind the curtain pulling strings.

still better than stupid shit in DaS2.

Like Ornstein for no reason

Lord of Cinder is a literal who who wasn't foreshadowed

>Ornstein
it's not him though

the boxart foretold his coming

Good. Now name the game.

>it's not him though

except it is

the game never says it's him. i don't think his name is even in the game anywhere. he doesn't even use lightning.

old dragonslayer is just an ornstein fanboy. just like every havel after das1 is just a havel fanboy

flowey isn't a literally who

Did anyone ever give an answer as to why this happened? I've played practically every Final Fantasy title, and this has to be the most bizarre out of the blue fight in the series. There really is literally no indication it's coming, buildup, or reason at all.

it was literally only a couple of chapters explaining that asspull, and even then there wasn't much of a backstory revealed, but suddenly OH SHIT KAGUYA

Pokémon Colosseum

ExCUSE me, HERself, Misogynist!

I think it was because Kuja fucked around with the crystal.

Honestly, Naruto being Japanese, we really should have predicted moon bunnies when the moon came into the equation as being important.

That's like their favorite fucking myth or something.

I think the closest implication you can make is that Kuja, with his dying breath, mustered up one last Ultima that sent Zidane and company into a Limbo where Necron(the manifestion of Kuja and Zidane's destructive power) was waiting, and Kuja intended Zidane lose so that Necron could get unleashed upon the world.

FFIX is the most overrated Final Fantasy in the series

That was a twist/reveal, not a asspull

>tfw they could have made ghost Luca the final boss
>tfw they could have made a possessed Jowey the final boss
>tfw they could have made an evil version of the Stars of Destiny the final boss
>tfw they could have done literally anything except some stupid two-headed wolf
Unless you count the real ending, this was a horrible way to end such an amazing game.

Did the copy Sonic and the Black Night?

>Game locks away a little over half of the game behind a hidden side-quest that not only doesn't indicate that it will unlock this second half, but is hidden behind riddle after riddle after secret
>Game literally does not care if you find this extra content

Okami, and I swear Japanese games love pulling post game shit like this all the time. Despite all the white witch cutscenes in ni no kuni, I never actually thought there would be anything after Shadar

Persona 1's Ice Queen?

>you actualy don't get to fight the "main" villain
>they usually die in a cutscene and then you fight some asshat who becomes the final boss.

Modern Bioware

They actually ended up cutting out all the exposition about him. Technically he WAS explained but you never got to read any of it.

Rune Factory 4 but RNG events instead of riddles.

Chaos Legion

>game has three paths
>one is the common path that you'll usually take, with a decent final boss
>one is the intended "right" path, not so interesting final boss
>the last path is where you violently kill everyone, and YOU'RE the final boss

Guess the game

Hint: I'm not talking about Undertale.

Sounds like Breath of Fire 4

Deepest lore.

I'm so curious, I've never played Rune Factory, but what is the sidequest?

Star Fox Adventures

I dont know why they made Luca die so soon. mofo was a true son of a bitch. Like an evil side of Rance or something.

Him and the guy from Bulletstorn were some of the best villain in vidya. Guys you just wanna kill, no fucking sentimental bullshit

I actually really love it when that happens.

Also
>The presumed villain turns out to have been an undercover good guy doing spying on the actual villain
>the protagonist knew all along and they were just pretending to hate one another for the entire game

soul nomad or some shit probably

Gearbox by far

>Oh look it's Sigma
>Everyone is Sigma
>Hey it's real Sigma
>No wait it's not
>Actually I'm the real Sigma
>Jk everyone is actually SIgma
>Except we're not because we really are superior Reploids and that's the twist

Some Metal Gear title I'm guessing?

>kill the main villain in what should be the final boss fight
>some literallywho comes from out of nowhere to announce himself as the real final boss

Read again the premise of the thread dumb fuck. The point is that the main villain is Kuja but for some reason the real final boss is Necron, a literally who

this fucker
>Wierd hallucinations, huh, those are strange
>Whatever, back to fighting the russian government
>COMMUNISM GOOD BRATVA BAD
>Get to the president, forcing his surrender

>ayylmao im a skeleton man and im here to fukkin kill u
>suddenly the game is about battling addiction despite freely using Nekro the entire game
>kill this faggot in a frustrating, drawn out fight

A.
>president is ded
>vlad help the nekro it killing me
>"no"
>nonchalant protagonist suicide

B.
>president is ded
>vlad how r u- COMMUNISM COMMUNISM COMMUNISM COMMUNISM
>COMMUNISM COMMUNISM
>COMMUNISM

The boss fight against Nekro was so fucking out of place, thematically.

Not him but I don't think anyone was actually expecting a showdown with Sauron due to the fact that it'd logically last all of five seconds and just end in Talion getting his skull caved in until Celebrimbor had mercy and left and let him die for good, much less that it'd be reduced to a QTE.

A whole new third story arc in which you revive Ventuswill, when the whole game revolves around finding out how to save her from dying, and gameplaywise, ridiculous amounts of powerleveling (going from level ~100 after maybe 150 hours of content to fucking 300), actually hard bosses for once and stupid good endgame gear (and like half of all possible weapons and armor up until that point).
Marriage is also locked behind RNG which is a big deal in RF/HM games, you can have a kid and all that.

Resident Evil

>Hades was originally planned to be the final boss, but was changed to an optional boss. The concept artwork at right of the final battlefield shows the party fighting Hades instead of Necron. Hades was relegated to an optional boss in the final game, but appears with an eye within his sword and numerous prominent eyes peering from his throne. There are also blinking eyes on the interior walls of the colosseum-like arena where Necron is fought. It is possible that Hades represented the final culmination of the many eye motifs observed throughout the game, seen largely displayed on structures of Terran design.

>"Eternal Darkness [Necron] Monster created by fear of death. A being awoken by the fear, despair, and hatred of Kuja, who discovered, with the fulfillment of his ambition near, that he had little time left to live. It rejects the cycle of life through the crystal and attempts to return every world, including Terra and Gaia, to nothing. The final enemy to confront Zidane’s team.

Nintendo no contest.

Everyone is telling them right in their face what they are doing wrong, yet they ignore everything.

>Amy's baking company

I saw that episode for the first time yesterday and it was beautiful. Why isn't it memed more often? i want to fuck amy

I find hard to believe this was not staged

isnt that the one where the dumb bitch is litterally ruining everything and thinks shese some kind of savant or something

there are some incredibly stupid people out there user, not quite retarded, but legitimately, factually stupid.

FUCK

Wasn't staged
If you go on ED and search for them you can find loads of shit about what they were doing after the show

Her husband got arrested for doing shady shit IIRC

How did none of you fucks say No More Heroes

No More Heroes

encyclopediadramatica.se/Amy's_Baking_Company

Staged or not I was legitimately entertained.

That episode has inspired me to venture into the wacky hilariously tragic world of filming reality tv. My name will be in the credits section you all ignore.

>all the replies

So its some hack Japanese trope?

I just got on here to say how the fuck did no one say no more heroes. Thanks user. Best part is that the game pulls that twice.

Well it has to be some company who's dead due to a refusal to listen to criticism

so I'd say companies like Titus Interactive for one.

No More Heroes

literally no more heroes

Jeane

but I dont know if you could count another assassin as a bad guy

far cry 3