So I finished the first ending of Symphony of the Night yesterday, and holy shit this game was amazing. The music, art...

So I finished the first ending of Symphony of the Night yesterday, and holy shit this game was amazing. The music, art, combat, and level design is all top notch.

Where do I go in the Castlevania series from here? Should I continue through Igavania or try the older ones? I've heard good things about Castlevania III, Rondo of Blood, and Dawn of Sorrow. Or should I keep going through the inverted castle in SotN?

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/darkwavestyle/games-research/castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-ps1-psp-360
youtube.com/watch?v=4FsFiBXOVK0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>or should I keep going through the inverted castle

Why would you stop playing the game right in the middle of it?

The inverted castle is a highly efficient method of extending the base game. It is also aesthetically pleasing.

>implying dracula's castle wouldn't hang upside down like a bat

Debate me, you anti-inverted faggots.

You gotta get the best ending from here man. If you want more RPG goodness look into the GBA Igavanias starting with Circle of the Moon for release order's sake or Aria of Sorrow for the one that's most like SOTN. If you want to see the series' roots try Rondo of Blood first, SOTN is technically that game's sequel.

The Inverted Castle isn't optional extra content. It has some, but the real ending of the game is in there. If you don't do it you'll have skipped half of the game.

The inverted castle is that important? Didn't know this game had that much content left in it, damn. I guess I'll keep enjoying it then.

Also play on Richter mode.

>that one Maria x Alucard drama CD
It was pretty cute

>finish Symphony
>go to aria
>dawn next
>finish remaining metroidvanias at your leisure
>wean yourself into the classics with 4 or Rondo
>play the other classicvanias if you're still interested, particularly 3
>maybe try out the Lords of Shadow games

Don't ever, ever settle for early endings in metroidvanias. You'll miss out on huge plot developments and areas.

it pains me to see castlevania threads frequently die so quickly

Will do user, thanks.

This is good advice.

I personally enjoyed LoS 2.

No complaints. It was a great move, for lots of reasons.

Keep going OP. After you finish it, watch some speedruns. Also if you're into doing tricks and stuff for no reason besides challenge and freedom try this: sites.google.com/site/darkwavestyle/games-research/castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-ps1-psp-360
Don't look before you finish however.

>speedruns
Fucking autists, I swear.

I watched a four-player race of Super Castlevania IV last night, it was magical. So much shit you would never think was possible.

Order
of
Eclessia

Finish the inverted castle 100% if you haven't and redo the final boss.

From there I recommend you try Circle of the Moon. It isn't the best, but, it will give you a rough idea of how the older games handled. If you're okay with that you can start with Casltevania 1 or just move onto Harmony of Dissonance. You don't really need to play them in any order besides Castlevania 1 to 2 and Aria of Sorrow to Dawn of Sorrow. Everything else can be played in any order.

Worst DS Castlevania.

Eat a dick.

>mfw i love every part of SOTN except for one thing

youtube.com/watch?v=4FsFiBXOVK0

This shit ruined the end of that game for me.

It's so out of place and doesn't fit the game AT ALL WHATSOEVER.

I'm still pissed about it, even today.

SHOOOAR

The fuck, I thought everyone loved this song? You need a song like this after a great adventure.

It's my fave of the DS games, personally. Worst part is some level layout reuse, but I think that this game had some very fresh mechanics, challenging bosses, excellent music, and an engaging plot.

>no argument
That's what I thought.

Like you had any, saying it's the worst doesn't magically make it so.

>linear design
>gimmicky touchscreen movement glyph

>I didn't reach Dracula's Castle
>I want an open world forest and tiny ass house.
>Whining about one glyph that NEEDED touch screen controls because the DS didn't have analogs.

Every location outside of the castle was linear, though.

And they could've easily had the directional buttons control it.

Not if you wanted to fling Shanoa around properly, if all you could do was 8 directional shits might as well not have it.

>might as well not have it
Even better.

Play HoD and AoS then move on to the DS ones, The DS games are pretty good btw theyre the only games on the DS I keep coming back to.

poor shannon belmondo

Being autistic about something is not wrong, and at some moment their movements look so methodical. It's like watching an adept sportsman or musician. If you do not realize/respect this, then you do not belong on this board and I suggest you go to plebbit and talk about lore.

There are more complaints.
>have to switch to the menu to do more than 5 different attacks
>not enough equips
>no special moves
>music has bad progression and is amateuristic and tryhard.

>level design
> top notch
Is this the first game you've ever played in your life or something?

Go fuck yourself, autist.

first result for "speedrunning is autistic" is fucking reddit. Another is "Speedrunning Community - Gotta Go Fast! | Kiwi Farms"

Bump to read the thread and post a response, if necessary.

But I'm already fucking your mom

>should I keep going through the inverted castle in SotN?
The inverted castle is the second half of the game. There are two "endings": one is the bad ending by killing Ritcher, and the good ending is by completing the inverted castle. Don't worry; the inverted castle is not only more challenging, but also has a bunch of new content (and enemies) to make it worth exploring.

Ritcher Mode is the bonus content for beating the game, which involves running through the game as Ritcher.

>Where do I go in the Castlevania series from here?
Aria of Sorrow is the first sequel to Symphony of the Night which really added something and did something different. Dawn of Sorrow, the sequel to Aria, does an even better job of it - although the generic anime art style doesn't help it any.

Castlevania 3 is a much older style of game, really nothing similar to Symphony of the Night outside theme. Feel free to give it a try, as it is probably one of the better classical Castlevania titles, but don't worry if you don't like it much. Rondo of Blood is more of a classical Castlevania title as well, although I understand it to be somewhat similar to SotN in how it handles the character and with more open areas to explore. However, I've not played that one.

But we poured her corpse out on the beach. You fuck sand?

Curse of darkness is my favorite castlevania

Get castlevania dracula x chronicles.

It a reamke of Rondo of Blood and you can unlock a english version of the original Rondo of Blood and a redub version of Symphony of the Night, where can play has Richer and Maria who plays like how she does in Rondo of Blood.

BTW Maria is playable in Rondo of Blood and she make the game somewhat easy see can.
>Attack while moving
>Double jump
>Attack x2 in a row
>can slide
>Her weapons are her animal friends and all of then are useful/powerful
>And she has a crash attacks with her animal friends which can do alot of damage

Only draw back to playing has Maria is that can takes more damage so shes a glass canon.