ITT: The rare times the West got the better version of a game than Japan

ITT: The rare times the West got the better version of a game than Japan.

But Japan got that version too.

did they re-release the game with daddy nier?

>re-release

They had it to begin with.

PS3 version had Brother Nier and the 360 version had Papa Nier.

So Japan did get Papa Nier, just nobody played it because less than 20% of the market for videogames there, even at it's peak, had an Xbox 360.

British Layton > Japanese Layton

Power Blade > Power Blazer

>gross 40 year old ugly sociopath
i'd rather play as an angsty anime protag

NieR thread? What are the chances that the Automata demo will come to Steam?

Never ever?

How the fuck is Papa Nier a sociopath? He hated shades but that was because from his perspective they were nothing but monsters who posed a threat to the people he cared about.

I've never followed Nier and I've never understood these version differences. Okay so Japan got two versions of this game depending on the console? What changes between them? What is on the western version?

I thought it was a dumb move at the time, but Daddy Nier was perfect, and I know I would have found the whole thing slightly awkward if he was a brother. Like this I could just see him as an overprotective father, which is more plausible.

well it's getting a pc release, unless that one video with taro announcing it was fake or something

>sociopath
I'm not sure you know what that means. If you do, please do tell me what aspects of Nier's personality and behaviour make you come to that conclusion.

>Fully voice-acted
>Orchestral score.
Just...fuggin...

Is Nier Replicant different from Nier Gestalt in ways other than protagonist age?

Only difference is the main character.

In JP PS3 he's an anime prettyboy out to save his sister and in JP 360 and western PS3+360 he's a ripped late 30s to early 40s guy out to save his daughter.

The only difference is the age difference and character model of the protagonist. Gestalt is Dad Nier and Replicant is Brother Nier

Oh, that's definitely real. What I'm talking about is the planed demo release before the end of 2016. Saito (producer) said they wanted to release a 30-40 minute demo of Automata so players get a feel for it.

i want papa nier to hug me!

if nier was a sociopath, he wouldn't give a shit about anyone else's feelings at all

the prime symptom of sociopathy is a lack of empathy

I don't think the over-protective brother thing is too weird, since it's just him and Yonah in a world where both their parents are dead, so he has to assume the role of a parent figure for her.

It's a stressful job I imagine, no wonder why he's kind of turning into Caim as the game went on.

The story and setting is the same, the difference is that protagonists relationship with Yonah. In Replicant (Japanese PS3 release) you're her older brother. In Gestalt (Japanese 360 and everywhere else's 360/ps3) you're her father.

And yes, because of the nature of the setting, both are canon with a difference about about 10 years in the prologue, and 100 years in the main game.

Think Papa Nier and Brother Nier would argue a lot, you would they basically go

>Save Yonah?
>Save Yonah!

*or would they basically go

Fuck it's getting late for me. But I love Nier threads on Cred Forums.

Select characters from Danganronpa, pic related ABSOLUTELY included, are better in English than Japanese. It's a mixed bag.

Shortlist of English superiors:
Monokuma, Sayaka, Kyoko, Weedman (purely due to meme magic though. JP is better objectively), Kiyotaka (Sean Chiplock is our boy), Gundham, Chiaki, Hiyoko (but they're both shit. English is just less shit.), Fuyuhiko, Sonia, and Teruteru (the accented portion of his dialogue destroys his JP counterpart, no competition).

My dick and heart literally figuratively explode every time I hear a line that's voiced by Christine Marie Cabanos. She plays Best Girl in literally everything she's in.

If he knew about gestalts, ye probably.

I donno, they all sound like shit in English, especially Monokuma. The new VA for monokuma is also shit. Fucking dementia man.