What are some good RPGs on the 3ds...

What are some good RPGs on the 3ds. I'm told it's a great system for rpgs but anytime I ask about one you say it's trash.
So what are some good rpgs on the 3ds?

Etrian. Fucking. Odyssey.

SMT IV & Apoc
Bravely Default 1 &2
Rune Factory 4
Etrian Odyssey IV and Untold
Devil Survivor 1 &2 Overclocked
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Soul hackers
Mario & Luigi Dream Team and Paper Jam

Also don't forget you can play DS games on the 3DS too and there's a lot of great ones there too if you missed them.

Fire Emblem fates
Xenoblade chronicles
Persona Q
SMT4A
Bravely Second
Pokemon S/M likely
Etrian odyssey 5 whenever it gets localized

Give me the best games for DS. RPG or otherwise.

Last thread i had asked about bravely and smt and everyone said it was shit. Why the sudden change of heart?

Bravely games are shit desu, SMT IV is good

Bravely Second gets a lot of shit for it's narrative and voice acting. Gameplay and visuals are nice though. Play the demo

SMT4A just came out, seems most people who have played it like it. I havent played it, just parroting what piratefags have been saying

I dont know who is saying

Because you're on Cred Forums, where people can only talk in extremes and never bother to elaborate on their opinions.

The story is repetitive, shallow and boring.
Gameplay is just alright

The bravely games do have some issues that I don't really feel like explaining, so I'll ask if someone else can do so instead.

But

It's mostly just Cred Forums trying to fit in by hating on something. Like any other RPG, just make sure you have time to dedicate to them.

For what game?

Different people at different times of the day.
Sometimes you'll run into people recommending any sort of JRPG on the system. Sometimes you'll run into people who are incredibly picky. A lot of times, you'll run into people just trolling.

Bravely Default has an excellent job system and gives you plenty of excuses to use it. Combat flows smoothly and the game has a very good auto-battle system, can turn encounter rates from 2x to completely off, and the Brave/Default system is fairly fun. Unfortunately, the story is disappointing and the characters pointless. And all the bad things you've heard about the second half of the game spent looping is probably true. How well you will like it probably depends on your priorities. If you want a good story with a good combat system, then you will constantly be disappointed and eager to just end everything by the time the game finishes. If you want a good combat system better than what FF5/FFT promised and you just ignore the story, they you'll probably enjoy it.

Most people saying no to SMT are probably talking about Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Trailer, which is a direct sequel to Shin Megami Tensei IV and you should probably play SMT4 first. Other than that, the SMT does have some big problems - namely, that how well your fight against a boss works depends greatly on your immunities and the status effects you have available, which means it greatly depends on which critters you've been leveling up. I haven't played SMT4 so I don't know if it applies to that out, but in earlier games of the series you could easily end up in a situation where you need to catch and level up several brand new monsters thanks to your current roster just being unable to defeat the boss you face - either by lacking a critical status effect to place, or by lacking the necessary resistances.

>implying Cred Forums isn't just you, me and seven different bots trolling us

>I haven't played SMT4 so I don't know if it applies to that.

The resistances and immunities are in 4, but it's not as demanding as the other games. Now that I think of it, SMT4 let's you slide with a lot of things in battle.

You and I both know that Cred Forums is nothing more than us two and shitposting bots trolling us

Every game for the 3DS is hot garbage. Nintendo systems are shit and a waste of fucking money. Please, do yourself a favor and just buy a PS4 and Vita. You won't regret it.

I burned myself out grinding in bravely default an etrian odyssey 4. Both were amazing games though.

Also edea is adorable

To answer your question op. I'd recommend Legend of legacy- it's kinda a less story focused game and bit more open ended. You gain stat ups by using weapons to increase their skill level with those, and magic to increase magic level. Similar to SaGa or ff2.
, Bravely games - it plays like classic final fantasy, most like FF5. The story in the first one gets somewhat repetitive at the halfway point but it's worth it.
etrian odyssey 4 and untold- they're great dungeon crawlers that you create a party for.
Mario and luigi games are fantastic games I always have fun with them. I've only played dream team so far but it's great fun. Using bro attacks and it's silly and light hearted.
Probably that kingdom hearts game if you want. It's kingdom hearts.
Crimson Shroud - it's a bit of a text adventure in terms of plot and the characters don't have much animation to them. There's a bit of a "table top" feel to it as you use dice to use certain skills and can add them to your next attack. Also getting stronger is based entirely on equipment. If you're a fan of matsuno or final fantasy 12's atmosphere you'd like it.
Dragon Quest 7 just came out and I can't wait to play it, but unfortunately I haven't gotten to it yet, but i remember the ps1 version being pretty good. Eventually in the game you open up classes and mix and max them to learn new classes and cross class skills. Kinda neat.
Hey and if you wanna get a VC tactical game, go ahead and get shining force gaiden 2 sword of hajya.

oh whoops, ignore the trip. Forget it, you'll probably ignore it anyways

You can't tell me what to do dad
I already regret it

The Etrian Odyssey games are all I could ever ask for.

EO2U is probably the best out currently, and EO4 is a solid entry point despite generally lower difficulty and some differences in organization from the rest of the series. EOU is some sort of story mode pushing abomination, but it's not a bad game.

EO5 has yet to release outside of Japan, but it's some good shit (although it's on the easier side, similar to EO4).

7th Dragon VFD is a good RPG with some nice character customization if you don't mind it being anime as fuck. Also I couldn't figure out if the story was great or absolutely terrible.

Disgaea DS
is like fire emblem but casual-proof

Avaliable now:
- Dragon Quest VII
- Xenoblade Chronicles (only works in new 3DS)
- Shin Megami Tensei IV
- Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
- Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
- Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros
- Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks
- Pokémon ORAS

Next year:
- Dragon Quest VIII
- Dragon Quest XI

It was good but there was a shitload of callbacks you probably didn't get considering the other games were JP only.
e.g. ND, Mio's mom, Aitelle's husbando, etc. I'd tell you what they were but idk if you've goldstarred the game yet

At least Ricky is cute. EO2U's story was much better though, especially Bertrand's role.

Currently playing DQ7. I highly recommend it.

>thought he would just be some generic jerk like that medic dude in U1
>turns out to be a huge bro

I liked that he actually played a good role too as the former knight.
Was surprised he was so likeable too