Paladins

Let's have a fucking Paladins thread, fellows.

Overwhat? No, no similarities here.

In all seriousness though, I am having fun with this game. Never played OverWatch, though, so that could be way fucking better, but hopefully it gets more fleshed out as it comes out of Beta.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/
youtu.be/4HArgsYPSnA
youtu.be/nNq8Alf8xH0
youtu.be/EFNLnYzkIOI
youtu.be/6uVCRMSFphE
youtu.be/BzPjX4YeRrw
youtu.be/Sfn0mu1Po70
youtu.be/CwIJduzat8Y
youtu.be/JZ48a0WfXzI
reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/(Post
youtube.com/watch?v=EkKr5CXX3XA&feature=youtu.be&t=329
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a fun game just not as polished as overwatch (doesn't feel that way anyway)

Finally got around to trying it out today. It's not that great.

just makes me miss tf2.

It is quite LITERALLY an overwatch reskin

>I haven't played overwatch

It's so much better than this.

Shit game, stop shilling

>all friends have no economic sense and buy overwatch first thing in the morning
>come and play user, it's such fun
>nigga I ain't paying more than €13 for a vidya
>weeks go by
>paladins comes out
>totally not overwatch.gif
>have fun and saving loadsa money
One of my friends have even started to play paladins instead of OW.

The biggest problem with this game is that if you don't have the shield guy on your team and your opponents do, you're basically guaranteed to lose.
But he's fucking boring to play.

Game needs better waifus. Better character design in general, really. I don't know what it is. The girls are all pretty enough, but they just don't "pop", you know? Maybe it's the colour palette.

their designs are good, but I think they need better quality models really. It's early access so that could be upcoming.

The "Overwatch clone" thing is just a viral ploy by Blizzard. Same thing they did against Battleborn - although BB mostly did it to itself, to be fair. The games play nothing alike.

Play Drogoz, fly over them, or flank them.

I haven't touched it yet. Is it faster than OW? That shit was so slow it's painful.
Also is there gore? That was also a deal-breaker for me with overwatch.

It's literally nothing but Overwatch for BRs and little kids who can't afford Overwatch, and it plays like this as well

Edgy

Bomb king is absolute trash and you can't prove me wrong because I'm not listening.

It's slower.

Also no gore.

>Makoa
>Same animations as Roadhog
>Roadhogs real name is Mako

"its not a clone!!!!"

>their designs are good

They literally all look like MMO character creator characters.

If I kill someone in tf2 or quake with a rocket launcher they blow into cartoonish chunks, is it so much to want that in other arcadey shooters?

Yeah, because that affects gameplay literally not at all.

>turret-building dwarf-like character who shoots molten lava
>knight character with a big rectangular energy shield and charge pin attack
>rocketman with jetpack and very similar feeling to him as a certain someone
>class that waddles around and throws a hook to pull people in
>class that looks like Reaper and plays like McCree
>class that shoots ice and can go into an ice block to protect herself and heal
>Soldier 76 clone
>loot boxes to get cosmetics
>implying it's not a clone

It's as big of an Overwatch clone as it gets. I mean I'm not surprised Cred Forums would defend shitty things but cmon, don't be this delusional now.

>saving loadsa money
I feel sorry for you if $40 is a "load" of money.

>all I had to do was miss out on months of fun with my friends!.

g...gottem!

He's my most played character, but that still basically invalidates the other 4 characters on your team
Its not actually overpowered or anything, there are plenty of ways to play around it, its just a necessary ability that you're massively handicapping yourself by going without.

Also Drogoz is kind of boring after a while, so far only Evie is fun for more than a couple games in a row.

How long until Budgetwatch here dies like Battleborn?

Why is that an issue?

Probably never. TOR and Evolve still have playerbases. So long as it's free and there isn't anything else competing for free it's in the clear. Cred Forums can piss and moan at poorfags all you like but they're there and they will continue to poorfag.

Havent played Overwatch, but I had fun with Paladins
I really wish these games were third person though. Skye > any OW slut

Once everyone's gotten their taste of the beta the playerbase will slowly fall away back to Overwatch or TF2. You'll see a resurgence when the proper release happens and after an advertising campaign, but it'll deteriorate soon after and plateau somewhere in the 15k concurrent.

>steamfags trying their hardest to deny that this game isn't an OW clone

lol

When Overmeme unveils limited edition Halloween cosmetics.

Now I feel bad for stillborn that's still cranking out single player content

is an OW clone, I mean.

Seriously the butthurt on the steam forums if you mention OW on the game's discussion is hilarious

But it was doing all that stuff before Overwatch.

And yet, it doesn't matter, does it? See, the idea is to plant the IDEA that it's an OW clone into peoples' heads. They'll start seeing all these similarities and think, "wow, maybe I should just play Overwatch instead. This game doesn't do anything that Overwatch doesn't do".

It's just Blizzard's go-to marketing strategy. Call everything a clone. WoW clones, Hearthstone clones, now Overwatch clones. Want to completely shut down your competition? Just viral the idea that your competition is "copying" you. They'll lose market share and legitimacy, and you'll gain it. People hate backing "fake" products.

>I really wish these games were third person though.
This is why Reinhart is my main in OW. Third-person is so much more fun.

>But it was doing all that stuff before Overwatch.

Paladins came out after Overwatch you retard

>remove multiple control points
>remove all game types other than cart pushing
>make Grover ranged
>turn Barik's rifle into a shotgun
>let Drogoz have full control during dragon punch for guaranteed kills

It's not that great.

roughly one tribes ascend

IAs someone who has played Ovrwatch, I can say it's not better. Less complex and less overall potential compared to Paladins because Hi-Rez knows how to listento the community and has the willingness to actually improve anything in their game ranging from character models to gameplay mechanics. I played Paladins once about a year ago and it was practically an entirely different game.

For those alone, I can say it's got Overwatch beat. I just hope they listen to the right people as to nott end up like Awesomenauts.

I also love how they got the Engineer's VA from TF2 to basically let you play as the Engineer when picking Barrick with his skin. I don't get why they didn't get Ares VA to do the same thing for Fernando though. I hope they do more skins like the Engi one; like giving Skye a skin with a new voice that references some other game. Smite's got a shitload of skins like that, so I look forward to them in Paladins.

They were in development at the same time. There are videos of Paladins showing off those "copied" features before the public even knew about Overwatch having those features.

But again, it's not really about who copied who, is it? It's about the idea. Overwatch is popular and pretty, this game doesn't look amazing. It just "feels right" if Paladins is a copy, doesn't it? Don't bother thinking about what actually happened. That's not important. What's important is the idea, right, man?

As an avid overwatch player, I actually quite liked it, even though some of the champ have kits directly ripped from OW.
I do find the map design okay, and some character designs are actually quite nice and creative, much better presentation than smite which looks like a ps2 game made by Indians.

>They were in development at the same time. There are videos of Paladins showing off those "copied" features before the public even knew about Overwatch having those features.
>Source: my ass

Why is Cred Forums always so desperate to defend shitty things and say retarded statements like your tinfoil Cred Forums level shit?

>smite which looks like a ps2 game made by Indians.
Have you seen what SMITE looks like now? It looks pretty good for what it is on max settings. The old old models look like PS2 characters though (Hun Batz and Vamana are the most blatant ones).

I wish I knew what the fuck you were talking about, user.

>copied from overwatch
You should check the development times of both games before you assume things

It has grown quite a bit, still doesn't change that smite, and all lol champ pre season 2 looked like it was made amateurs.

The COO himself posted on Reddit with proof about these claims. I'd post a different source if I could, since Reddit is the devil, but that's just the way it is.

reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/

And a few of the links within if you can't bear to taint yourself with its touch. Global Agenda was a game Hi-Rez worked on before Paladins. It's the inspiration for Paladins.

>Here are some class examples from Global Agenda (2010) that are similar to Overwatch
>Female Sniper with poison mines and a wall hack youtu.be/4HArgsYPSnA
>Male Tank with shield and hammer youtu.be/nNq8Alf8xH0
>Male Engineer with turret, hammer and shotgun youtu.be/EFNLnYzkIOI
>Male healer with wave heal, wave heal ultimate, and buffs, and heal over time gun youtu.be/6uVCRMSFphE
>Female damage dealer with Jetpack, hover, and rocket launcher youtu.be/BzPjX4YeRrw
>Male damage dealer with Grenade launcher, and explosive KB grenade youtu.be/Sfn0mu1Po70
>Male damage dealer with huge damage melee sword youtu.be/CwIJduzat8Y
>Female healer with beam heal, buff beam, flight youtu.be/JZ48a0WfXzI

You should read the other user going inception on this shit

Paladrones are insane

If the new OW tank meta really takes off, I might just jump ship, fucking wack meta.

Can you elaborate, user? I haven't really played OW since Ana patch.

The thing is, Global Agenda looks nothing like Paladins, and it's pretty clear that after Overwatch's successe they decided to reboot the project but make the art style, character design, and how the game plays much more similar to Overwatch than what is presented in those videos. There are also more differences between those GA people and OW than there are Paladins and OW people in terms of class playstyle

I mean Paladins' edgelord looks almost exactly like Plague Doctor Reaper for example especially with the shape of the aura around his revolvers

Paladins was in a closed beta for the last year that thousands of people were part of.

I dont know about OW but when I pick Fernando my team is sure to at least put up a fight

Tried the beta, was not impressed. OKAY if you want a free team shooter. Would probably recommend TF2 if free is what your looking for. Cards idea /seems/ interesting, though small percentage type stuff just doesn't seem to make it feel like it matters.

And Overwatch was in a closed alpha and then beta for longer than that

The past week or two, pros have adopted the 3 tank 3 healers.
No dps, goodbye awesome mccree headsot, goodbye awesome pharah air battles, and most heart breaking, good bye Genji pro plays.

Now it looks like watching a fucking moba match.

>after Overwatch's successe they decided to reboot the project
It's been in development for years, user.

The COO:
>Almost every ability in Overwatch can be found in an earlier FPS game
>Given the popularity and marketing of Overwatch many people don't even realize that some classes like Ruckus (Mech) were playable in Paladins before similar Overwatch class abilities were shown.

Timeline:
>Overwatch was announced. We were shocked and not sure what direction to take. We were already so far along with Paladins, but we didn't want to compete directly against Blizzard.
>We initially tried to find different ways to differentiate on game-play (different TTK, different style maps and game modes, different theme, etc), but the feedback from our tests, stats, and surveys showed that only a small part of our population was enjoying that style of game. In the end we said screw it and just made what we thought best, and closest to our original vision, even if people would think it's too close to Overwatch.
>As a last point, it would be almost impossible for a studio of our size to 'clone' Overwatch in a year, but Overwatch did have some nice features that we decided to incorporate into Paladins (Kill Cam, Improved Lag comp, some verbiage like 'eliminations')

>nigga I ain't paying more than €13 for a vidya
>yuropoors

It's fun. I probably won't play it for longer than overwatch but this is a nice break from the current shitfest that is ow comp play.

I don't care if it's a direct ripoff or not, it's enjoyable enough for what it is and it's free so I won't feel obligated to pick it back up if I don't want to.

I wish I could actually talk about the game without smug shitters shitting up the thread, this game isn't good but neither is ow and they're both fun and I'll be goddamned if someone is going to try and ruin it for me

Does Paladins have a Tracer / Scout equivalent?

>Paladins
Hey you're right, it is an overwatch clone

The developer has shown evidence that Global Agenda, a precursor that was much different, existed years ago. There's no proof that Paladins itself was in development prior to OW other than the dev's word, which is not a reputable source. The earlier confirmation of Paladins existing was a closed beta last year but that still puts it a bit after Overwatch on the timeline.

Even if Paladins was in development for years like the dev claims, projects can change drastically mid-development. They could have changed a lot of things once OW was revealed, and it still feels like they did.

Paladrones are the new Battledrones.

Friendly reminder that Hi-rez are a hack fraud company, and they cyclically make games which are initially promising, but which they then quickly destroy with cash-grabbing updates until they abruptly drop all support to bandwagon onto the next big genre.

Yes. A glass cannon slut with a blink, and ability to fly.

>paladins
>no melee champ
Come one now.
It's a beta and the rooster is fairly small but looking forward to new champs. Might buy the founder pack on discount at the end of the month if it's still fun.

>Evie
>a rocket user
>anything like Tracer/Scout

>open wikipedia
>The game was announced on June 11, 2013
A year before OW.
Get fucked.

>Engineer
>Paladin
>character ripped directly from Hi-rez's global agenda cannot be put in their own game because blizzard copied it.
>3 different mobas have that character
>Fistful of frags
>That's a major stretch
>Call of duty
>Boxes give cards, not cosmetics.

>wikipedia
>implying it's a valid source
>being a smug faggot about using a source as shit as wikipedia out of desperation
>probably edited the page himself

Wow you sure showed me Paladrone

>implying Engineer is a dwarf with a lava gun
>Fistful of Frags
>Fistful of Frags has a phantom-like person in an edgy costume toting futuristic revolvers that looks like Plague Doctor Reaper
>this isn't a moba tho

You're a fucking retard

>implying Barik uses a lava gun
>implying Androxus looks like a plague doctor

You blizzcucks are so defensive. It's cute. Do you heal~?

Evie can fly around on a broom and fire as one of her skills, and she can also blink and has an ice block skill like Mei's.

Skye can go invisible and move incredibly fast,a and also has a smoke bomb that lets her go invisible again to escape or do whatever.

Also, I hope this game adds a capture the flag type of mode. It could be a bit broken with mounts, but they could add a timer for them in the mode.

Reaper has a skin called Plague Doctor that looks almost exactly like Androxus, not a literal plague doctor

You really are subhuman, but I guess you'd have to be to defend Paladins

Now THAT'S a stretch, lad.

Not really. Especially since even in the trailer the aura around Androxus's guns takes nearly the exact same shape.

>that
>anything like THIS

desu paladrones cant even start a thread without having to bring up overwatch in a bid for attention. it's embarassing

if you stop making overwatch comparisons, maybe you'll stop giving people the impression that you're trying to imitate gearbox's marketing scheme. let the game stand on its own

>b-b-but the blizzdrones
>OP has to bring it up twice as if the games are supposed to be in competition

nah man, youre trying way too hard there buddy.

>r/paladins
>9k subs
>r/battleborn
>16k subs

fucking kek

>it's another Cred Forums defends shitty games to try to be different episode

Just like Battleborn, just like No Man's Sky.

You know what other place vigorously defends any turd that comes their way no matter what? Reddit.

Sssss yeah...naaaah...

>being this defensive.
I find it amusing that OW fags jumping through the same hoops that TF2 fags jumped earlier this year.

>futuristic revolvers
>futuristic
>revolvers
>s
confirmed for being retarded.

Not that guy, but I made a Paladins thread earlier today complaining about Skye without mentioning Overwatch and got called a shill anyway.

People on Cred Forums are just fucking retarded. At least it hit bump limit and we got some cool discussion going though. Also found out about some skin giveaways they were doing from the thread.

Man, Blizzard REALLY doesn't want Overwatch to fail. First Battleborn, now this. How much do you think they spend in order to convince people that every other game is a cheap imitation of their games?

Are one of these posters (You)?

The aura is the exact same shape.

Androxus is more or less just Reaper who stole McCree's weapon.

When did Cred Forums ever defend either of those? It was always just one or two faggots trying to hold back a shitstorm

Are all the characters unlocked at the start or what?

If not, fuck off.

Only if you buy the champion pack. Same as how it worked in Smite.

then my post doesn't apply to you, skank.

>not having a good source for your claims
>having absolutely shitty comparisons to defend your shit game with
>has to pick apart a single letter and deflect in a desperate attempt at a rebuttal

Paladrones are pathetic

Not all unlocked, but you earn gold quickly by playing. I have enough to buy 3 characters now, but I'm getting the god pack since it's on sale and I want the Fernando skin for Smite.

>Hero based game where you push the cart to win
>Characters are 99% identical
>Nothing alike

Yeah, stop kidding yourself.

>exact same shape
>can't tell bird's scull from dragon's head
You should buy a pair of glasses.

>>Fistful of Frags
>>Fistful of Frags has a phantom-like person in an edgy costume toting futuristic revolvers that looks like Plague Doctor Reaper
No, it has a revolver with a right click to fan the hammer.

Also Plague Doctor Reaper is a massive stretch.

No. It isn't. And I'm sorry that you're so blinded by blizzard's shit that you can't see that.

>characters are 99% identical

You watched Dunkey's video that mocked people like you, then took it seriously, didn't you?

>Overwatch have already made a F2P weekend
>It's not dead
pick one

it's a regular shotgun you fucking dolt. Besides, not only was it designed earlier than torb, it plays very differently. much like a gunslinger engie. Again, fernando was designed a loooong time ago, and took cues from GA, not OW.
Drogoz was inspired by both GA and TF2.
Name 1 (ONE) game that doesn't have hooks, or at the very least fucking crowd control.
Oh boy, an edgy character in a fantasy setting! obviously must be from this one new game I don't regret buying. Also, yes, he has a revolver. Spies have revolvers, all games have revolvers.
Evie was designed before Mei came out. OW took that from COTR, actually. Mongol.
A guy with a gun is a S76 now? How fucking delusional can you get? He looks more like Soldier and can call in fucking air strikes.
Again, loot boxes came from TF2 and were designed before overwatch.
How fucking delusional can overfags get?

>Are all the characters unlocked at the start or what?

No, you have to pay cash money dollars to unlock all the characters or grind gold.

Retards here will actually defend immediately unbalancing the game.

Can I get some other pictures of the game to confirm whether they're trying to compete with battleborn for worst UI of 2016?

>being retarded
>talking out of your ass
Continue to defend your TF2 clone, blizzdrone.

Makes sense to me. When new characters get added, nobody spams that character unless they grinded for it, or bought it out of convenience. Makes it more likely to have games where nobody plays it just because it's new.

Why is it that F2P games seem to have the absolute worst fanbases? I mean, how the fuck do people get so invested and defense of a free fucking game?

>anything other than minimalistic Dark Souls HUD is THE WORST THING EVER

The only "troubling" thing is the cast timer for the ult and the item notice, which doesn't appear unless you afk in spawn like a ponce.

>people make incorrect claims
>tell them they're wrong
>WOW WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING THIS YOU MUST BE THE BIGGEST KEK EVER

>they fucked up grover

for the couple of hours I played this game, I played Grover and he was fun.

Regardless of whether or not they "ripped off" Overwatch on purpose the game still plays, looks, and feels like a cheaper, less polished Overwatch, providing no reason to play the game over Overwatch. Especially with how incredibly similar they are.

On top of that it's inferior for other reasons as well. Not all classes are unlocked unless you shill out real money or do tedious gold grinding, an incredibly shitty thing to do, and the crates actually have more than just cosmetics in it where there are stat boosts as well, however how minor.

It's Free to Play, sure, but just because it's F2P doesn't make it a good game. I've played better F2P games and I have better games to play already. Paladins is mediocre but it will live for a while due to it being F2P

>why are the customers of McDonald's worse than clientele of the Four Seasons

Really?

Wait, they got the VA? I thought it was a temp. I was considering making a TF2 engie voice mod, if they allowed modding. It does sound very similar, just not "right", y'know?

are you quoting the right post dude

>changing grover from a shitty melee class to a guy who can fucking snipe people with axes
>bad

The game modes are probably removed for the same reason Ying is gone.

>download paladins because why the fuck not
>set to casual server
>join game
>immediately bombared by a group of hue's arguing with russkies
>uninstall

It's the same VA, he's just older. It's the same way with the Meet Your Match lines Engi got for TF2.

How do you expect the guy to sound the exact same 15+ years after recording the audio? (TF2 started development 18 years ago).

It wasn't based on OW, they decided to make it fantasy after they turned down GA2 to make a new game. Learn to read.

>Grover
>shitty
>not the greatest juggernaut ever

He was what Buck wishes he could be. A fucking badass tank that sticks like glue to people while providing AoE healing when it's called for.

>hue's arguing with russkies
That sounds like heaven. Downloading now.

The gun is gigantic. Yes, part of it is translucent, but it's blocking about 40% of the screen. And parts of the screen that are out of the way, but a good section of the middle and right of the screen.

Then the fact that the entire bottom is covered with the UI instead of having it relegated mainly to just the corners of the screen.

That's all fine and dandy, OP, but does it have actual graphics?

I've played for a good amount of time, did essentially play Paladins because i waited for Overwatch fair enough, but when i started looking at the differences and what was great about both games i started enjoy both equally
I need to lay overwatch down and pick this up again, but then again im more of a moba cunt so im playing more heroes of the storm and league of legends

The gun is hardly "gigantic", unless you play games with a noisy cricket. The blue part is only on during the ult.

>the developer must be 100% telling the truth
>the guy who needs to save his ass the most about this this

Yeah okay. And I wonder what prompted them to drop GA2 and make a "fantasy" game with futuristic elements.

>im playing more heroes of the storm and league of legends

it actually has a skill ceiling, so there's that

WAIT YING IS GONE?

>just older

I'm surprised Blizzard doesn't sue, considering they generally seem keen on suing just about anyone.

They are remaking her into a healer. Should be available in next patch.

>class based cartoony shooter
>implying skill matters or ever reaches a high ceiling

Too much boob for the kiddies.

Cassie is fine though.

I haven't seen a single person even attempt to communicate in like 20 games

>people are so buttblasted over Blizzard surviving another year, they're willing to shill a game from a company known for releasing games, and then fucking them up within the year and moving on to the next trend.

There are videos of a very in alpha game showing a dwarf running around with a gun and an early fenando with a shield.
This is confirmed because some long time ago they found a picture of the early fernando in Smite's files. Unless they planted that there using a time machine, I don't see how it could be fake.

i could be a salty fuck but im not stooping down to Cred Forumss level

Satire always holds a bit of truth in it.

That's Cred Forums for you. It's why the desperate Battleborn threads were made before that game became as dead as can be.

>creators of TF2 clone suing anyone

It's more like
>new game is added to steam
>controversy over it "copying literally everything from overwatch"
>people play the game, like it more than overmeme
>make threads discussing it
>it gets flooded with shitposting and arguing over it

FTFY

I think Kek is trying to tell me something

>people play the game, like it more than overmeme

This is not the case anywhere except Cred Forums but Cred Forums will say anything to be different

It's already on the decline and the numbers aren't that impressive to begin with

Still better than Battleborn's 12k peak though

Overwatch was also in development for a long time as well. IT actually was planned to be a MMO but they scrapped the idea, but kept all the lore and whatnot from it cause why not, they already spent so much time thinking of the story in the first place.

Russians and Latin Americans are scum because they can't afford real games and have to resort to shitting up F2P games since they require very low specs most of the time.

wasn't the mmo called ''Titan'' or something, they scrapped it because they already had WoW as an mmo or something

>it's already on decline
>exact same pattern is shown the day before where it shows less people at night than day
>pattern shows it increased from the day before as well

Yeah. Blizzard felt it'd be a really stupid idea to compete with themselves, and the fact that MMOs are an extremely hard genre to succeed in anyway.

> blizzcucks are fucking retarded
Fixed it for you.

37k still isn't all too great of a peak, especially if you're going to try to claim more people like it over OW

If they actually made it like GW2 (pay once and no more fees) they could possibly gain shitloads, they are still earning shit tons of money from WoW especially after the legion release, and Titan sounds like a cool idea.
Too bad it got scrapped for slutwatch

I didn't claim more people like it than Overwatch. I said exactly this
>people play it, like it more than overmeme

And you have no proof that people like it more than Overwatch while there's plenty of proof for the contrary such as the subpar player numbers

glass cannon? nigga, i got a 23 kill streak today just by buying two cards, lowered cooldowns and hit harder on shields.

I prefer this to ow, the card and item systems make the game less shallow.

Unofficial "shitty OW clone" debunk copypasta, paste until the overfags are gone
>Evie heals in an ice cube, copied Mei
Evie had it before Mei was announced.
>Makoa ripped off Roadhog (and somewhat winston)
The ANCHOR fits Makoas character design as well as fits the game. It's not a "Drag character to you, kill him, go kill other people" weapon, it's supposed to be crowd control; something literally every PVP game should have. The ult is also stronger and moves, unlike winstons. Besides many other charcters have shields, makoa just got the dome.
>Fernando is a rip off of Rein
Fernando was based of a GA character and came before Reinhardt. Also, Reinhardt copied Demoknight.
>Androxus ripped off Mcreaper
A generic edgy character is not a rip off. Many games have revolvers.
>Drogoz is a rip off of Pharah
Both were inspired by a GA character and Soldier.
>Kinessa is a rip off of Widow
No character has a weapon other than the gun they hold; they only have the abilites. It would be abnormal for Kinessa to not use her Sniper as a SMG(Unlike sniper does). There is also a character that throws a bomb like hers in GA.
>Barik ripped off torb
The gun does not shoot lava, it shoots normal bullets. all weapons in the game appear to be powered by crystals. He can not level his turret, he sets 2 of them(three if you include his ult). He was also designed earlier. He plays similar to gunslinger, and has a shield.
>Viktor ripped off S76
He has a gun and also can run, I agree these are similar. But at the same time, this is a very generic design. Could very much be coincidental.
>Cassie ripped off Hanzo
She was designed around the same time as Fernando(AKA very long ago, before OW was announced). Also, many games have bows; huntsman for example.
(1/2) sources coming

(2/2)
>Ruckus ripped off D.Va
It was designed earlier.
>Bomb King ripped off Junkrat
It is inspired off of Demoman more than anything. It throws many sticky bombs and when it does it's rush, it actually charges there like demo's shields; it's not a projectile it shoots.
>COTR copied ults!
Ubercharge, jarate, sandman... I've never played GA, but It's likely they've had mechanics like this as well. Not to mention, games such as Street Fighter also have these.
Sources
reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/(Post by dev)
This shows clips of GA characters doing things characters in OW and COTR can do. It also shows clips of the very early alpha stages of COTR, showing that Fernando, Cassie, Barik, and Skye(I think it's before Skye was inspired by the Spy) were designed way earlier; Along with clips showing opening chests and ruckus being revealed before OW's chests and D.Va.
youtube.com/watch?v=EkKr5CXX3XA&feature=youtu.be&t=329
Evie using the heal thing on Sep. 13 2015, before Mei was announced(Nov 2015).
Everything else is just logic I guess.

>being this desperate to defend a mediocre F2P game that's nothing special
>developed by a company known for fucking over games early on and moving on to the next project
>getting this mad some anons saw close similarities between two games

Jesus fuck the autism

>WAHHH THIS GAME IS A CLONE
>No it isn't
>WAHHH WHY WON'T YOU LET ME CALL IT A CLONE
Looks like you have some growing up to do.

calm down my good relative.

You're trying to tell others to grow up when you created a long copypasta just to defend a F2P video game on a chinese knitting board

The irony is intense

I'm not even an Overwatch fan and this shit looks pathetic. If your only discussion about a game is trying distance it from one of its competitors out of some misguided brand loyalty then your game is most certainly shit.

I like writing, I like this game, I like callin bullshit. Also, making something convoluted =/= making it weird. I could tell you all day about the process of creating a chair, this doesn't not make chairs weird. You could tell me all day about the keystrokes I did to write it, doesn't mean I'm shoving a doll up a dog's ass.
I agree, which is why it makes me a bit upset OWfags keep invading the threads. Hopefully the copypasta shuts them down before they start again.

Need to make a timeline info pic to start the thread with

You still sound pretty pathetic m8 but reading through the thread shows you're not the only one in that boat

Have you seen stillborn threads ? Paladins are getting off easy by blizzdrones.

kys paul

>The turtle that has the exact same animations as Roadhog.

Does Hi-rez have no shame?

That would only associate it more. Better to use it when needed than to bring it up, keeping the meme living.
You do you, I guess. I generally don't like backseat moderating other people's lives, so I don't do it. I do spend time on things I like, though.

>Does Hi-rez have no shame?
After shitting on Tribes so hard? Take a guess.

It plays nothing like Overwatch.

Give me my Australian servers Jesus christ. Eevie is impossible to play with this rubber banding.

Not for a while at least, the game's been pretty well populated even before it came to Steam.

sooo
this game is just as casual as Overwatch?
as in, even a braindead retard could get good scores?

A brain dead retard most likely won't win a 1v1, and mostly run in alone into entire team and getting destroyed in 0.2 seconds

fun thing is
I actually think that the charactedesign/general artstyle more cohesent is than Overwatch's

>It's okay when Overfags do it!

matchmaking should put teams of retards against eachother
or is the matchmaking still a broken mess?

If it is a copy of Overwatch, then they must be some of the fastest devs ever. Managing to produce a total ripoff in a few months after just seeing a trailer is surely an impressive feat?

If that isn't as hyperbole as you probably meant, no. The game isn't just jump on a class and play, there are upgrades you buy with credits much like in CS:GO you get guns(credits are earned through play, upgrades and credits disappear after match is done). Along with that, there is a card deck system that allows you to play each class very specifically to your desire. These 2 things add a lot of depth to the game, imo.
In the "click and shoot" gameplay, there's some more thought going in than OW. It's free, so the easiest thing I can say is just try it out. And at least play a couple classes; learn to play before you judge it at face value, please. A lot of the criticism I see would probably go away if a good player explained it to them.

Come on, cowboys and samurai make total sense in a futuristic setting.

You know, Overwatch threads are always filled with sh*lling accusations too, so that's a pretty dumb response for you to use.

Hell, let's put a dwarf in there for the fuck of it.

I've never played OW, don't even care
played 2 hours of Paladin because it's free

just stop
you're embarrassing yourself

You're not explaining why. How is debunking stuff like this embarrassing? I'd say making a generalization you formed from a satire 3 minute video on a game you've never played is more cringy, imo. pic unrelated.

I played like 20 minutes of overwatch before I asked Blizzard for a refund because it was bland and shitty

Paladins on the other hand, I have played like 15 hours so far and i'm hooked

But with budgetwatch offer limited time loot chests ?

Did you buy the founder pack?
Haven't yet but the worth of the content is pretty sweet.

You're a nice guy, user. I fuckng hate paladins and got bored of Overwatch after double prestige, but you seem like a swell guy. Have a nice night.

Is it just me or is Bomb King literally broken? As in does not function correctly, not overpowered.
If you stick grenades to someone who is lagging half the time they just don't do anything when they detonate, the jump grenade seems to fall through the floor when you try to activate it too fast, and there seems to be glitchy damage fall off on your bombs, as in if you stick someone and then they run away from where you stuck them you get range penalties or something. They're supposed to do like 750 damage or something but I've seen them do 200.

Not that guy but I'm considering it. But I feel like unlocking them isn't too much of a challenge, and I've already got a horse and fern skin, don't really need others.

Seems alright to me
Well, its shit, but that's every matchmaking algorithm in existence