>Have best video card money can buy
>game still launches in 800x600

Or the opposite

>using internal graphics
>use recommended settings
>v-sync on
>16x AA
>Water and shadows better than life

This is more of an engine issue, but still.

There are countless out there.

>current year
>impossible to alt-tab out of the game
>forced to ctrl-alt-delete
>task manager opens behind overlayed game

wew lad.

Come on here friends. Show me your rage.

>buy gta iv on steam
>rockstar social club wont let me login, no matter how many times i reset my password or change accounts
>get refund
>pirate and play

What is the deal with this? Was this because of a patch or something? I remember being able to login to Social Club at some point before. Or maybe I don't.

An updated GTAIV would be great, loved the atmosphere in that game. Spent a lot of time just walking around on the streets, enjoying the ride in taxis or driving around listening to the radio. Such a chill game outside of the main story.

I feel it captured New York City fairly well. It isn't always chipper and sunny like Los Santos (LA), but rather dark and gloomy for the most part.

The game was just generally comfy to me. Also story aside, the characters were pretty great. Brucie, Niko, Florian, etc.

Pretty much this. GTAIV and games of the era use a lot of walk-and-talk where you have to walk with some important NPC to some location but the mechanics are so shitty.

>try to walk at same speed as npc I need to keep pace with
>even walking speed is too fast

Why don't they make it so you have to run to catch up but walking speed is the same as NPCs?

Had the same problem

then after about a week of trying, it started working

fuck if I now

Because that would be a logical and reasoned thing to implement. We can't have that.

>you have one of something
>text says you have one coins
>or worse yet, one coin(s)

PC problem :^)

That best be a joke.

nah, i think ac2 had this problem with some segments, even on console.

>play a cutscene
>cutscene ends
>characters who were just talking in the cutscene continue talking and walking to a point only in game
What is the fucking point?! It was only like 5 more seconds of dialog just run the cutscene 5 seconds longer. is it really that hard to animate or mocap the characters walking and talking 5 fucking feet?

also
>cutscene plays
>character stops, stands in the standard idle stance/ready for the player to take control stance
>cutscene ends
>gameplay starts
That shit is so jarring and so many games nowadays do it. How hard is it to transition the scene into gameplay?

really the cutscene should just be another animation like reloading or jumping, like how older games did it.

>cutscene plays, no way to skip it
>play through section and die
>load checkpoint save
>cutscene plays, no way to skip it

It's like you want me to not play the game.

>Red Dead Redemption
>Hold A to gallop at the same speed as the NPC you are following

>aim acceleration is still a thing
>shooter games with terrible gunplay

It baffles me as to how there's shooters with good controls like F.E.A.R. that was made a decade ago yet most FPS games nowadays feel like total shit to move around with. Seriously, it's not that fucking hard.

>red dead redemption
>hold button to match speed with npc

I hate that kinda shit!

This shit is just inexcusable.

>Dialogue is only in text boxes
>Said text speed is extremely fucking slow
>Even the speed up button is slow as fuck
>You are a normal human being with a normal reading speed
>Text box has to keep up with YOU.
>No way to change it

>still can't accurately simulate darkness

Shooters are hell for this. Every time it is the dead of night, I can still see for miles, but somehow the enemy can't. I get suspension of disbelief, but holy shit, don't light it up like las vegas.

>task manager opens behind overlayed game

>try to pause cutscene
>skips it
>have to quickly avert your eyes, stop everything, and go to youtube

What are some games that actually pull this off? Dragon's Dogma comes to mind

Metro 2033 and Last Light come to mind. They did it relatively okay. Stalker, some what as well.

That's honestly all I can name so far.

>difficulty select screen doesn't tell you the differences between difficulty settings
>reloading a save in the same level/area/etc. takes as long as loading a save set in a different one
>changing a game's settings requires quitting it and opening a separate config window

What a relevant webm

youtube.com/watch?v=G68G8xFJZAU
video games

When his head went back and he reveals that thousand yard stare, I thought for sure that this was the beginning of the matrix. They are plugging us in.

Dying Light does it extremely well. The pitch black darkness of the night has a gameplay significance.