who wins and why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O_lR25JGeSg
youtube.com/watch?v=lO3hhde2_hs
dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Azure_Flame_Kite
youtube.com/watch?v=jrfoPW3rsko
youtube.com/watch?v=mRl7frxqZ_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kite uses Data Drain and fries Kirito's brain.

Kirito because his power is ultimate

The one I grew up with

They're both real life losers in an online game though.

No one,the yaoi ending is accidentally unlocked and Kirito transforms to his gun gale avatar and shenanigans begin

You're a real life loser on a pinoy papercraft board.

Data Drain
Kirito is forever BTFO

Kirito because the person who's in charge of the fight will give him an ass pull.

is this thread just an excuse to talk about .hack//?
Because I'm fine with that.

I hope it is because that earlier one died

Kirito, for all his bullshit, plays by the rules.

They just don't fucking exist for Kite.

How come there will never be an MMO as good as the one in .hack

Should I play .hack?
I've got it in my folder, just never got to it. Sell it to me Cred Forums

harem animes are for people with aspergers

Does Kirito have anything special other than being good at the game?
If not, Kite, because of cheat.

It's the series that kicked off the "trapped in an MMO" cliche for a reason, user.

Play the Quadrilogy, download & watch SIGN, and if you're really into it, get the GU trilogy and play that.

where do I start with watching hack? there's so many of them

Nobody is trapped in anything during .Hack unless you count Aura and like 5 minutes of GU volume 2.

Alkaid still the fucking best.

First 4 "feel" like your playing a game, while the G.u games feels much more anime inspired. Gameplay of G.U is better imo though.

Tsukasa.

Neither

>#pinoypride

Data Drain

Yes

NO NEW SAGA NEVER EVER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I feel like GU does everything better except difficulty and story, and I guess the second one is a matter of taste anyway.

Fuck, wrong webm.

That's not how Data Drain works and Kite wouldn't use it that way in the first place.

Probably Kite if Data Drain can alter Kirito's stats. Then again, Kirito has a ghost on his side.

When are faggots going to stop bitching because they grew up with .hack and now SAO is popular? .hack is over and we're never getting an HD collection because fuck money, right?

Also every girl wanted to jump Kite/Tsukasa/Haseo's dick in those games (even though Tsukasa doesn't into penis) don't even pretend like fucking Kirito is the first dipshit to have a harem in an MMO.

Legolas vs some dude?

This is the only correct answer.

I like Kite and Kirito enough, but Ainz will fuck your shit up like you wouldn't even believe.

The main character in .hack//SIGN is trapped in the MMO. No, I'm not spoiling it right here in the thread.

Play the original four games, watch //SIGN. You can probably do these in either order, since they're happening at roughly the same time and don't interact much. Then play the //GU trilogy. I thought there was another anime series to check out after that, but I'm not sure it turned out well.

The only other .hack material that I'm familiar with are the OVAs that came with the first four games, and Legend of the Twilight. The OVAs should be watched with the games they came with. Legend of the Twilight is really just a silly unrelated manga about some completely different characters, something cute to enjoy but not really related or expanding on the whole .hack saga.

Fucking this.

Let's see you swordsniggers with gimmicks beat THE PURE UNADULTURATED POWER OF THE RULER OF THE GREAT TOMB OF NAZARICK

>hurrdurr i'm a huge fucking weeb who knows even the tiniest and most irrelevant details lmfao baka gaijin away away away to reddit with thee or face my katana flavored vapes from groriousu nippon that i folded one quadrillion billion million googolplex times because i have white guilt to the fucking extreme because i am a goddamn cuck with no fucking spine
God I fucking hate Cred Forums

Does anyone still have Eva artist ver kirito? That look really silly even now

Its ancient spoilers, user.

Tsukasa is a grill, Subaru is a cripple, Sora becomes Haseo after he gets brain damaged by Skeith.

But it's true, she is stuck in the world.

I've seen this guy, Haseo, in Project X Zone
He is supposed to be a parody character, right? There is no way his design and personality are serious.

He the edge before edge is popular. He gets better later VPN thought

youtube.com/watch?v=O_lR25JGeSg

>Kite

Not even fair.
Make it Haseo vs Kirito then we have a interesting fight.
Actually no, Haseo would win.

He's a spoiled brat whose parents are never around that had to learn the meaning of friendship the hard way.

Also, he used to blackmail women into giving him their email addresses when he was like 12.

He gets way better by the end of his series.

>He is supposed to be a parody character, right?
Kind of. All the characters in .hack are the avatars of players, so a lot of them are over-the-top and intentionally silly as a way of poking fun at MMO stereotypes. BlackRose is half naked in bikini armor, Orca is the big bare-chested barbarian, Balmung is the heavy armored knight with angel feather wings, etc. The black leather, edgemaster weapon, and belts galore are no doubt entirely intentional.

That's not even his final edge form.

kite

data drain

Orca and the other comatose people are pretty stuck.

Don't forget that he's voiced by Yuri Lowenthal!

That isn't a videogame, he was changed into his avatar and transferred into another world.

Besides, data drain would fuck him up.

>thinking data drain beats P2W

Only poorfags believe in miracles.

Reminder Kite uses admin event items. That beats p2w

Its the avatar of a edgy preteen, what did you expect

He uses was are effectively cash shop items to break the "game", though. So the Data Drain isn't the auto-win that you might expect.

Holy shit, I'd forgotten how bad the voice acting in these games are.

>How come there will never be an MMO as good as the one in .hack
How would that be any different than any of the other several hundred MMOs already flooding the market? The big things about .hack// were the glitches and the character interactions. Take those away, and you are left with a fairly dull dungeon grinder for gear, and the occasional developer event. Heck, The World was probably meant to mimic the dull grindy korean MMOs intentionally.

>data drain beats P2W

Nigga data drain is just like it sounds, it drains data.
Meaning it would drain data of anything in the game, including P2W shit.

And I loved it
youtube.com/watch?v=lO3hhde2_hs

Kite because outside of having the twilight bracelet he's not much of a mary sue. he's OP purely because of something that exists outside of the parameters of the game. He only cheats to beat shit that's cheating first.

Kirito is shit because he's a special snowflake because only one person in the entire game that is allowed to DOOL WEEL because of some retarded selection process. He does shit like solo raid bosses and have all the girls want his dick because mary sue garbage.

>plays by the rules
Isn't it established that he's a hacker?

Shiroe fucks up both of them with his intelligence alone.

Can either of them beat Cross?

DATABASE fucking sucked

>log horizon

tips fedora

>That's not how Data Drain works and Kite wouldn't use it that way in the first place.
>muh personality in a vs thread
you're a fuckwit

reminder that data drain has only ever been used by benevolent entities to make even odds against something already cheating

Azure kite only ever used it against Haseo for example because at the time his character was a cheat.

Fuck both of you, Log horizon is great and the best example of a properly fleshed out isekai/MMO anime.

So what do we have:

.hack: Great world building, but no recent anything to matter

sword art online: no world building but instead waifu shittery, doesn't even take place in the namesake game after the first bit anyways

log horizon: world building but it's possibly the slowest garbage in existence

Has there yet been a good video game based around this whole "stuck in an MMO" concept?

Not one where you play as the shitty established main character, but make your own and have to deal with being stuck there/solve the problem.

Azure Flame Kite is literally the best gu character

So is there any healer in any of these that isn't the girly shy girl stereotype (OR heal slut) but just some guy that likes to play healer

>Azure kite only ever used it against Haseo for example because at the time his character was a cheat.
nah dude, he was straight up aiming for Ovan and missed.

>Cross
>he's stuck on a whole different planet
>he's all alone
>he needs a bigger gun
How fucked are you?

>mfw seeing that trailer for the first time

>Guy
>Healer

In GU, yes. That would be Gaspard.

one thing I never understood about .hack is that people who PK are considered sociopaths who get off to hurting others instead of like, some bored ass people who just like open world PVP

to the point that moontree exists as a safespace guild

That's right, just dance like good puppets

S1 was great. S2 failed to have any hype moments like Nigerian princing the guild hub or creating new arcane laws through maxxed contract writing

>cheating

You know nothing about the game.
Azure Kite is a NPC made to counterattack data anomalies like Ovan's arm

It had Shiroe getting literally ALL the gold.

>dead game
>dead gamer

you know it's true

This is a male healer who is not shy. He actually falls into the "asshole healer" category.

Mistral is a girly bubbly milf, Elk is a wet doughnut.
except Gaspard's a faggot.

Haseo's PC was a cheat AT THE TIME. At the end of ROOTS, Haseo 'wins' the forest of pain and a Harold PC automatically boosts his character to an obsurdly high level and automatically gives him both of his job unlocks.

Since it was an anomaly, Azure Kite data drained and reformatted his PC to level 1.

You watch Log Horizon for world building and politics, not the action.

>Log Horizon

ZZZzzz...

yeah.
G.U., especially Rebirth, was... something.

Are you being serious? Why are you so fucking hung on how a certain character looks or acts in a video game because of your influences on the internet? You are a fucking moron.

see

He's definitely a faggot, just not the boypucci kind of faggot. More like the annoying faggot kind of faggot.

Death penalties are supposedly a lot bigger in .hack and there are a lot more people playing - a lot more "casuals" - and so there is a much bigger social stigma associated with running around and killing other players.

Also, there are a bunch of other things associated with a character in The World - things like email or instant messaging - and I'm not quite clear on what getting a character killed would do to those features. People would be understandably pissed if they lost all their contact data when their character ended up dead (and not revived).

That whole first game is pretty out there, it's okay dude.
As everyone else said, he got better.

The guy who controls the server.

Prove it

Haseo showed up early and Azure kite appeared. Ovan showed up after it was all done

Death Penalties in .hack are a lot worse.

.hack is literally home to half the world's population. Remember .hack's world is populated almost fully by people who live in a virtual world for around 10+ hours a day. From all ages.

What's the watching/reading/playing order for .Hack?

Nothing more edgy than this.

Watch SIGN first, than play IMOQ (first quadrilogy). You can try to find Limiality (special short anime that came with the games) and watch it in release order as you play through them. From there, watch the Roots anime. Then play GU. From there, branch out into the many spinoffs and extra stuff if you want too, lots of content to look through.

>.hack//LINK was incredibly bad
>manga was canceled
>current content and news is for Japs
>dothackers became japanyay
>dothackers has had a php leak for months now
Being EOP is suffering.

>MFW no .hack HD Collection containing the 4 part game and the 3 part GU game

Come on already Bandai-Namco. I never finished the 4 part game and I never played GU. Not to mention the original copies on PS2 are getting expensive as fuck.

This really doesn't make much sense to me. They could release all the games on Steam, put the anime up there too, and then just have bundle sales for it all together. Instead, it's up to people to hunt down stupidly rare PS2 discs or just download the .iso files if they want to play the series.

I guess they're just waiting for something to make the idea popular again, as the allure of MMOs has certainly worn off at this point. Or, they've just forgotten entirely about the whole thing.

Too much Nurutu Sand Ninjas money to be made

but here have more Sword Art Online waifufagging shit

I mean sorry to say but IMOQ is pretty fucking boring and flawed

Plus those latter dungeons, good luck going through them without getting a game over simply due to having to data drain so fucking much

No one really praises .hack for the gameplay, it's the awesome plot and characters.

Truth.

well shit, the image doesn't exist anymore, but ctrl-f "haseo shields ovan" I guess.
dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Azure_Flame_Kite

I found a neat image while looking for the interview, though.

Tri-Edge

I like her but Bordeaux is cuter.
youtube.com/watch?v=jrfoPW3rsko

I liked the gameplay in G.U. once you got more than one weapon type

don't forget they're working on the FFVII remake too.
They even got the story planned out, from what I heard. Just need to be not busy and get greenlit...

then you get guns which are OP and no-one questions how you're using weapons that don't exist

I always appreciated how they let you choose your own waifu at the end. No railroading, Rinoa style, main girl only bullshit.

I like the gameplay in IMOQ and GU, but I get why people wouldn't care a lot for the gameplay, especially in the quadrilogy.

>tfw can even pick a brofu/stalker/Endurance

>Endrance is the only male you can actually marry

Also I refuse to believe that after being a literal NEET for years after losing his waifu that he looks like this

fuck meant Endrance. It's late

>Endrance in a wedding skin
6 qt 8 me

>get guns
>do the secret weapon bosses and cheat them all by honeycombing them with 1 damage gunfire

>Yet another monthly thread reminding me that my favourite videogame saga of all time is dead forever with no hope, and that the rest of my life I will be deprived of experiencing The World again while playing other games that don't fill the void just to numb the feeling
Thanks I guess

Endrance really got hit with the trap stick later on

What the fuck is that?
That is not my Endrance.

It this Link? The spinoff that has a Shonen-Goggles-kun be buddy buddy with the old series cast? I think the only reason I was interested was to see new-Kite

>Yet another monthly thread reminding me that my favourite videogame saga of all time is dead forever with no hope, and that the rest of my life I will be deprived of experiencing The World again while playing other games that don't fill the void just to numb the feeling
this exactly.
it hurts

the plot is actually relevant, but other than that it's as shit as it sounds and looks.
If you just read the dialogue, or a summary somewhere, that's all you need.

if you die you lose all your progress for that session. So if you've been dungeon crawling all day and haven't logged out yet, poof, all gone.

Furthermore The World is VR compatible, and it's implied that's how the majority of people play. think about how spooked people get just playing first person horror games like amnesia. now think about how many people get motion sick from VR. and, if you wanna, consider that The World probably had near photo-realistic graphics thanks to technological advancements.

Now toss in Aura and he epitaphs, whose presence causes the game to start to bleed into total immersion.

so getting PK'd feels like you are in legit danger to your brain if you're not used to it.

So noobs are the ones who react the most. which makes them targets for people looking to grief. some of these PK-ers were going full serial killer, stalking their prey and keeping them on edge for some time before coming in for the kill. and since this is the internet they probably went out of their way to make it as rapey as possible. others would team up with more PK-ers and lurk around the noob servers wiping out every noob they came across.

and there was no means in-game to opt-out of pvp. there was no toggle, and no non-pvp servers.

Moontree is a necessity to compensate for that, to provide noobs with the protection that they can learn the game and get to a good level without getting griefed every time they try to go dungeon crawling. because too many players were only lasting maybe a weak before they got sick of perpetual harassment. They weren't having fun, it was frankly really stressful, they quit. bad for the game's community because it means the population can only go down and the dev's budget would plummet.

Bare in mind that honorabu duel folks who invite someone to pvp them and take no for an answer aren't considered PK-ers. only those who spend most of the time griefing players weaker than them

his 3rd form is edgier. it's some red and black demon thing with a tail coming from its neck and a goddamn scythe. his Xth form is when he warps back around from grimdark to noblebright

Reminder that a powertripping kid is one of the main villains in GU.

>weapon variants were hold to charge attack or spam x to rapid chainsaw attack
>they averaged out to roughly the same damage so I always went charge attacks so I dont break my thumb

a powertripping kid who intentionally drove multiple people to suicide

>I was interested was to see new-Kite

There's like 3 new kites

two of which are girls

one of which is a clutz who's never played a videogame before

the other is hatsune mikite

button tap dual blades were funny if only because they have floating bullets attached to them and make spaghetti western gun noises

Where the fuck were his parents anyway? You'd think they'd send him to a shrink after overhearing him being evil.

My nig.

really fuck CC2

How do the companies that make these MMOs not get their shit fucked up by lawsuits?

In game CC2 and company that made sao does get lots of shit,did you never read?

let's reverse this into something potentially less stupid
how broken would anything be if all these protagonists were on the same party

CC2, who are meant to be a parody of the devs themselves sort of, tried to contain and silence any and all information of the glitches and comatose players. It failed, they got a shitton of flack and real harsh reputation.

It also didn't help that they fucking intentionally implemented the Phases from the original Quadrilogy onto people without their consent, one of whom went batshit and set fire to their HQ which destroyed most (but not all) of the original The World, which necessitated The World: R2 built from its remains.

Kite,Haseo,Kirito,and Ainz form a team.

I remember a news story of some guy who jumped out his fucking window in Volume 2 (After Moon Tree event).

Japanese people I swear.

>She is a guy IRL
ah yes, the "only insane men use female avatars" meme.

this thread is taking me on a nostalgia feels train for .hack, make it stop ;_;

No
youtube.com/watch?v=mRl7frxqZ_M

This. The whole OH YOU ARE PK KILLA YOU ARE WORSE THAN SCUM EVEN NORMAL PKS ARE BETTER THAN YOU was really fucking laughable. Are japs really that sheltered in their MMOs?

they're still under the belief that all healers are nervous and feeble waifus who are hoping they're being useful to the group

IT'S HASEO
THE PLAYER KILLER KILLER

>IMOQ is pretty fucking boring and flawed

Bullshit. Every action RPG does't and shouldn't play like Kingdom Hearts. The IMOQ gameplay model was just fine, specially considering what it was imitating. IMOQ had the full package. Solid gameplay and a really good story with great characters.

I find it pretty believable that a bunch of obnoxious griefers would try to claim the moral highground when someone starts giving them a taste of their own medicine.

hell, just look at how many people here respond to being told to stop posting off-topic nigger memes by spamming smug anime girls and cuckold porn while yelping 'THIS IS FORCHAN~'

trolls are incredibly vitriolic and insecure

Not him, but they'd be out of business for all of the deaths and comas that were caused because of their shit. Certain people in the business would also be in prison.

they have yakuza ties

Pretty sure there were arrests and other situations, but not sure. It's been so long and I never got far in either series' parts overall.

I'm still baffled by the idea that SAO has one guy create a revolutionary VR setup and tied-in MMO, and secretly had their seemingly harmless components capable of frying human brains and somehow over the course of at least a year, no one found out how to disable or disarm them out of fear that they'd accidentally kill more players. And that all people did afterwards was remove/change up the dangerous components and resell them as a new model with absolutely no backlash.

The writer of SAO admitted to not knowing a damn thing about MMOs. So a lot of SAO's nonsense and omitted details isn't surprising.

me because i don't watch this stupid fucking show

Irrelevant. Certain things are too big for a country that dependent of the world. They aren't NK.
Well, nips are shit at logic when it comes to their writing. Still, that's insane.

So kirito

Wasn't he at least played some mmo before? But then what's sao goings for is 80% fantasy 20% mmo while .hack is 90% mmo 10% fantasy

.Hack does that too but with Cyber Waifus with infinite growth potential and the ability to cross over into anything hooked up to a computer.

Why did they let Harald put this shit into the game?

/adjust_glasses

>Why did they let Harald put this shit into the game?
Why are you implying CC2 "let" him do it? He did it behind their back, not with their consent. And since he was a programming genius with no rival, CC2 had no idea how to dismantle it. So they had to play cover up.