Can we agree that Overwatch is the Super Smash Bros. of FPS?

Can we agree that Overwatch is the Super Smash Bros. of FPS?

Smash Bros innovated a once joke genre and added a lot of new mechanics to make it deep as heck

Overwatch just rehashes every FPS ever (but worse). It doesn't do anything particularily well and feels bland. Those dev log videos about taking real inspiration from Quake and HL1DM are such crap, man.

Overwatch feels like Smash during the more intense fights, but the pace of the game isn't all intense fights like Smash is. There's breaks in the action, plus walking back to the fight is boring as all hell.

If it had a deathmatch mode it'd probably be the Smash of shooters.

can we just skip to the part someone calls any game a meme game? I like that part

It needs 5 more maps, like 10 more heroes, and deathmatch.

MAYBE then.

Yeah, kind of. It's like Smash in the sense that it appears simplistic and easy to pick up, but secretly has an immense amount of depth at higher levels of play.

>5 more maps

it needs at least more than double what it already has

>Literally babbys first """"fighter""""

Fightan was already deep as heck. Smash just added a branch on the tree. There really aren't many games like it, so calling it an innovator is wrong.

There's a fair amount, but they're pretty much all in literally who territory.

This

>Asking the idiots here to all agree on something

I really hope you light yourself on fire

wow rude

>Smash is only a fighting game if it's possible to critique it for lacking typical fighting game mechanics

Super Smash Bros is actually good. Over watch is the League of Legends of FPS games

That would be tf2 famalama

>immense amount of depth at higher levels of play.
>overwatch

*DotA
Overwatch is actually a unique blend of gameplay elements.

yes. you would be able to recognize this if you didn't play on a retarded scrub lvl, you stupid faggot.
no offense

>hate ana and genji because they're kinda retarded and aren't cool like mccree or zarya
>get high one day and play a lot of ana
>FUCKING ULTS OUT THE ASS PUSHING LIKE A MAD CUNT GIVING RIEN 1ULT PER MINUTE
>also seems to heal faster than mercy with focused fire
good shit.

>unique
name one

I think you misunderstood me. The blend is what's unique, not the elements alone.