Dragon Quest 7 thread

game of the year?

how many jobs have you guys slime grinded?
I just did a few base jobs on each character, atm have hero on paladin, ruff on pirate and maribel as sage after i had her master heal slime

I couldn't slime grind because I defeated the AllTrades Abbey boss at level 20. Kind of annoyed because I've already gone to two new islands and my characters won't gain new class levels. Yet I'm only level 22.

What's the deal with the maid on Wilted Heart?

good thing you've still got 80 hours of game to go

Where do you slime grind and when do I get classes?

I just got the boat

As someone who's hooked on Etrian Odyssey: What makes this a great RPG?

battles aren't 2d pictures lmao how do you play that cheap trash

>Where do you slime grind and when do I get classes?

when you unlock an area called the haven
classes are like 20 hours in and i wouldn't worry about them for a while if you just got the boat

the way i see it, if you're a fan of jrpg's you'll have fun. There's so much charm and soul put into dq and basically every subsequent game adds a new level of refinement onto the classic jrpg formula
I'd suggest starting with V, easily my favourite game of all time, but you could easily jump straight into 7 as long as you stay patient for the first couple hours

I don't know
Someone told me not to over level and I'm worried I'll be screwed by the time I get there

Character driven stories, user driven exploration, item collection, light-hearted setting with surprisingly heavy themes and story elements, events you do 10 hours into the game influence events 60 hours later, huge world to explore, hilarious party chat and teammates, simple combat on the surface that grows exponentially when learning skills, amazing music, time travel story that stays plausible, neither god nor the demons are considered good.

the only way to be over leveled at that point is to grind in like every area you reach

I was around level 17 when i got classes, which is basically enough to slime grind every job in the game before level 20 and i only grinded a couple levels in like 2 or 3 locations.

better gear is more important than levels, no need to grind until you actually get jobs and if you don't grind at all you'll easily be 15-16 when you get jobs

Is 20 the max or something?

I've never played an rpg that punished you for overleveling, not being able to do things

I am level 10 on that fire island
I don't grind just fight things that appear in front of me
Am I going to be fine?

It's a weird system

Basically jobs are leveled independently from your actual level based on battles won instead of exp or monsters killed
At level 20 most of the early game monsters stop counting towards battles for jobs so you need to grind out the levels normally while you play (which is completely viable btw) or against monsters that take a longer to kill

early game you unlock slime forest, by then a single hit from a boomerang will kill a whole screen of slimes and you can grind 2-3 jobs to max in a bit over an hour

It's all optional, you don't need to grind jobs, most people only do it to get the boring jobs out of the way faster

yup completely

im like 3 hours into the game, does maribel ever stop being a cunt?

and there's no way for slime forest to be permanently inaccessible right?

Is boomerang something that comes in item shops or is a hidden item?

yeah there's a reason people actually like her
she becomes more tolerable the further in you get

slime forest grinding also stops at level 20 so if you wanna grind a few jobs before progressing further make sure you check it out
boomerangs can be found in a few chops yeah

also this thread is a lot more active, probs better to let this one die

so superficial shit. thanks, i guess.

Perhaps you'd do better with Final Fantasy then. No one is going to force you to play Dragon Quest.

WHY ISN'T THE LIZARD(?) ON HIS HAT IN THE BACKGROUND?

On witch island could you buy the items that inflict status ailments on enemies again?
I'm about level 20 without classes having problems with the bandits.

ITT: Games Cred Forums told you were good but were actually shit.