Am I the only one that can't play this game because of the terrible main character?

Am I the only one that can't play this game because of the terrible main character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D7sWcQFB4rE
youtu.be/McI_PbjqWsg?t=24s
youtube.com/watch?v=OPJX7dwDxIc
youtube.com/watch?v=tDwigW9wLHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

I dropped it because of the shit gameplay.

yes. The problem with this games is the freedom they give, for example the main story is find/save Ciri, but you can do all kinds of bullshit sidequests or roam around the world in the meanwhile. Open world features should be allowed once you finish the main story or implemented in the overall story in a good way, not like this. The game is good overall, this is a general problem that nearly every open world has

Mod Geralt's look and the game is great. Standard Geralt looks way too snowflakey.

If the player was demanded to finish the main quest first, players would lose interest in the game after because they have "beat the game."

But Geralt is one of the more enjoyable predetermined characters. Maybe you're just looking for something where you can play a blank slate?

Yes, you're a special snowflake please let me validate you.

I played 10 minutes and had to drop it because of the shit gameplay and story

There's just no good games left

yeah you are.

>snowflakey

Okay, how the fuck is this even a criticism? Explain what you fucking mean.

something something special snowflake.

I think he meant

Wow you made it twice as long as I did. Some masterpiece, huh?
NEVER trusting Cred Forums again.

When it comes to his looks, he looks like he is some Second Life freak's creation. Lizard eyes, fashion model characteristics, white hair and so on. They did everything they could to make him mom's special snowflake look-wise, and lore is there to back it up.

Geralt is great. Witcher is pretty much nothing without Geralt, without Geralt the Witcher is fucking pointless.

The Witcher books are all about how Geralt as a person is torn between his Witcher code and what he feels is the right thing to do, the same holds true for the games. Very rarely does the game have Geralt act out of character no matter what outcome you choose, because of the very nature of his torn personality and the moral gray-area world.

>there's just no good games left
Stop with that hipster faggotry. Games are getting better and better in story and gameplay. Anyone who says otherwise is just stroking themselves over the thought of their childhood video games, as well as making themselves feel like special little snowflakes

Wait, in 10 minutes you barely start the tutorial area, yet you manage to play through the game to judge its story? Books won't be for you if you are that AD/HD.

He seems like kind of a campy character sometimes but I still like the game.

>I played 10 minutes and had to drop it because of the shit gameplay and story
You have no way of knowing what the story is because when you're ten minutes in you're just about going to the Inn with Vesemir if you haven't done the tutorial.

>No good games left.
You need to get off Cred Forums for a while and actually play some Vidya.

Nah bruh. He's right. Youre just a shiteater no taste fag. I would compare games today to the avenger movies. In other words, theyre shit.

I enjoyed TW3 a lot, but man I still can't stand what they did to Geralt's voice. It was perfect in TW2.

W2 voice(natural, deep while being a bit hoarse)
youtube.com/watch?v=D7sWcQFB4rE

W3 voice(forced to be airy and higher)
youtu.be/McI_PbjqWsg?t=24s

I just want realistic voice Geralt again.

You're right, both of you can go back to playing on your cum stained copy of crash bandicoot in your mothers basement, and bask in the knowledge of your god tier taste

Only time I really heard his old voice in W3 is in this quest

youtube.com/watch?v=OPJX7dwDxIc

You arent alone, polack here and afther 3rd book I droped that pile of crap, played some W1 and W2 but never liked the story nor the characters save for dwarf and Jaskier.
Its nice this game have a strong story but its not story for me, I want to murder every single one of those slut wizard cunts that mess up world cuz they have complexes bigger that Canadian dildos.
I would play if I can make my witcher, not Gerald the Yenefers bitch.

>Not playing The Witcher 3 with Japanese dub
You can only blame yourself

Fuck that, everything else is fine. Just that Geralt sucks to listen to now.

Is it actually good?

>terrible main character
Next time don't start with 3 you fucking casual scum

okay then, name some good games of yore in your opinion.

Try german dub, its the best. By far.

Geralt is a fucking champ, kys

Geralt is a great character. He looks like some pathetic edgelord faggot, but you'll learn that he's extremely likable if you actually play the game.

You can't really blame him, it's not Doug's natural voice, and this isn't a constant gig like a show or something where he can keep working the voice for years on end to nail it down.

>is not even a true RPG with character creation
>calls itself roleplaying game instead of just an adventure game aking to Tomb Raider or something

I will never understand this, this is why -all Toddposting memes aside- Skyrim is the apex of fantasy RPGs and Fallout of modern/postapocalyptic. The amount of freedom in race/gender/looks/playstyle/personality YOU as a player can use to roleplay is just astounding

>fallout 3 & 4
>skyrim
>personality

Yes, you are literally the only one contrarian enough to feel like that. The game is highly acclaimed by the critics, won a big number of award and its a best seller. Even the general opinion on Cred Forums about him is good, what was the last goty winner that had that?
You might be the only one autistic enough to not be able to enjoy the game because of the mc.

He can do it just fine, it was CDPR who made the decision to change it according to the voice director. It was due to customer feedback that wanted Geralt to be less gruff.

>Thought i would be this badd ass Witcher monster hunter
>Insted im some oddly proportiond grandad
> takes forever to hunt actual momsters.
>Hours in and i have hunted is; griffin, well ghosty, ware wolf.
>Hourss in
>Hours
>Witcher

I don't understand Cred Forums

Why witcher if you arent witching anything

but at the end of the day you can do 4 things at most in those games

it ain't no pen and paper

>Skyrim
>Fallout
>apex of anything

How can you go back to other game's """""lyp syncing""""" after experiencing the spot on lyp sync that's going on in Witcher 3? Man, those polacks spoiled me with their game

>Geralt of fucking Rivia
>Terrible main character

Top Kek, please do mention your most favourite pre-defined RPG characters?

No, the main character is generic edgy action man trash, more cartoonish than anything seen in a RPG before.

>Cred Forums likes it
Except that's wrong. Save for a few dedicated shills reposting the same refuted bullshit like yours over and over again Cred Forums hates this game and for good reason.

The elements that make this a game, the interactions and gameplay, are fucking garbage tier, the story is terribly written daytime-TV garbage, and the only reason it was well received by reviewers and got the goty is due to a marketing budget that was literally more than the development budget.

So fuck off you retarded shill, and stop reposting this garbage.

>Geralt is great
Yea, so is that girl from Twilight, amazing characters how can you even begin to criticize them!

No fuck that. I had way more fun dodoing or copy ssve data from friends so I could just bullshit in every area in GTA. If you want a structured story campaign fucking play every story mission one after another.

the way geralt speaks, acts and moves in dialogue sequences really reminds me of xavier renegade angel

>W1
>Skinny slimy looking guy with lizard eyes, keep children away from him
>W2
>W1 + a bit more rugged and good looking
>W3
>Add 15 years of age to him and make him Geraldad to chase video game trend of rugged handsome male characters
Why is it allowed?

No, i hate his gay dark and brooding personality. Its so typical and fucking boring.

Nice strawman. Pretty much the shittiest response you could've thought of.

This is a better geralt prove me wrong

i agree

>snowflakey.

I played some of TW3 at a friends house. I like the combat and how animated it is, but I forget, is there a block button? I like the idea of the push/pull attack/dodge gameplay, but its too easy to just dodge enemies. Combat shoulda been more intimate, force you to stay close to your enemy and strategize your fights instead of making them souls tier roll fests

that's literally all skyrim offers though

every other facet of the game sucks ass

You can block most humans, and you can parry. They combat is much better if your don't take the skill that gives you invincibility frames when dodging.
Later on you become OP no matter what though.

>playstyle
the fuck? They took away all of my favorite spell effects in Skyrim. Can't even get absorb health without getting fuckin vampirism

youtube.com/watch?v=tDwigW9wLHA

Fuck off, child, I've probably got ten years on you. Don't bitch about "the good old days of video games" when you probably didn't slime out of your mother's cunt before 1995.