Games Cred Forums said were good but ended up being trash

>games Cred Forums said were good but ended up being trash

>extremely watered down Devil May Cry
>particle effects EVERYWHERE when you fight, making everything hard to see, including enemy attacks (most of which have ZERO wind-up at all, in the first place)
>dude random quick-time events that flash on the screen and then disappear before your brain can even process what fucking face button it is lmao here's an instant death
>barely any lewdity to even keep you interested

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mSrQHcPkT1M?t=129
gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/70451227
giantbomb.com/bayonetta/3030-20710/forums/qtes-are-very-poorly-implemented-382601/
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426216
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sounds like you suck. There are very readable audio cues for enemies attacks, just like in DMC, and the QTEs, although not particularly engaging were never hard to complete.

>that camera spiraling out of control the second you get close to a wall
>lock-on: R1
>dodge: R2
KAMIYA WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING

gitgud

>making everything hard to see, including enemy attacks
bayo is actually very readable compared to sequel anyway plus it has proper audio cue system
> most of which have ZERO wind-up at all, in the first place
wrong, apply yourself
train against each of enemy 1 on 1 learning timings to all their attacks

>random quick-time events that flash on the screen and then disappear before your brain can even process what fucking face button it is lmao here's an instant death
Full two seconds before QTE you're shown UI that tells exactly WHICH button and WHEN you need to press, picrelated

> using manual lock-on in Bayonetta
hold punch-kick button for prolonged gunfire so that attack stay on target

Manual lock is mostly redundant unless for remote wicked weaves.

>two seconds
Fuck you that shit's on the screen for less than one

wrong again

semi-transparent circle homing on UI button prompt appears way before UI itself

so is the very distinct audio cue denoting incoming QTE

it is in fact two seconds in advance

>extremely watered down Devil May Cry
As a DMC fan, I can safely Bayonetta's depth is far superior to DMC1 and DMC2 and at least on par with DMC3 and DMC4.

Just because the UI shows up for two seconds doesn't mean the actual button does.
>2:09
youtu.be/mSrQHcPkT1M?t=129

gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/70451227

giantbomb.com/bayonetta/3030-20710/forums/qtes-are-very-poorly-implemented-382601/

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426216

This is extremely poor quality bait.

>unironically linking neofag

>>dude random quick-time events that flash on the screen and then disappear before your brain can even process what fucking face button it is lmao here's an instant death
The only real point you have.

Aside from this, the bike level, and the missile-riding level, it's easily a 9.5/10 game and one of the GOAT.

Lmao my nigga

there are like 4 QTEs in the whole game that do this, quit whining

Well if you didn't like Bayo 1, I definitely recommend Bayo 2, it's much better.
:^)

that's exactly what i said

Special sound cue and semi-transparent circle warn you that QTE is coming

Then COLOUR of the the circle tells you what button you need to press, depending on platform's face button colours, see picrelated

the speed to which circle homes and even the location of the centre it homes in to are additional cues for QTE

It's casualized. But otherwise has worse gameplay in every way.

Still a fun, good game, just not really as good as the first game. Generally people who complain a lot about the first game prefer the second though.

>yfw you realize you can do this

>mfw bayo 1 has the better combat specific mechanics and weapons but bayo 2 has the better enemy/level design and bosses except for the last boss
I mainly just wish platinum medal times weren't so harsh in 2 so I can play around more. That and making every humanoid boss impossible to get more than 2 hits on before they parry you. Keeping witch time in infinite climax is way better though.

People are really inconsistent when it comes to whether Bayo 2 is harder or easier than the original. Something like Jeanne 3 is way easier than Lumen Sage 2 to PP and a lot of people complain about enemies being much harder to dodge and shit.

This shit

The buttpain which these QTEs cause is baffling and is nothing but expectation of rewards for simple mindless progress that AAA games trained you to have.

You're not going to get platinum on your first try, not even close.

It's just how the game is, you either accept that you're shit and will stay shit unless you actively start applying yourself or keep being angry at meaningless ranks (to you because you're not going to replay the game anyway).

May I ask your reasons, kind gentleman

Quit apologizing for irredeemably shitty game mechanics on a public message board.

>People are really inconsistent when it comes to whether Bayo 2 is harder or easier than the original. Something like Jeanne 3 is way easier than Lumen Sage 2 to PP and a lot of people complain about enemies being much harder to dodge and shit.
I think it's because the difficulties aren't balanced for shit in Bayo 2. There's less difficulties overall and for whatever reason, 3rd Climax and below is easy as shit, but Infinite Climax can be challenging as fuck, but for all the wrong reasons, like enemy tells barely even being there, not being able to stagger bosses or launch certain enemies, taking out some advanced tech, like dodge offset cancelling (iirc). You basically have a choice between "easy as fuck" and "brutally difficult." And even then, Bayo 2 allows you to heal without any penalty, whereas in Bayo 1, you can almost never get hit if you want at least a Platinum.

Not to mention that the QTEs aren't even that big of a deal once you know that they're coming. Thankfully, Bayonetta does at least one thing right in that it's the same QTE every time, so once you have that shit memorized, knowing when the QTE prompt comes up and what to press, it's not even that big of a deal. I could still do without them, but it's basically a non-issue for anyone who's gotten gud at the game.

>People are really inconsistent when it comes to whether Bayo 2 is harder or easier than the original
There is no inconsistency at all

First of all there is a misconception that hard equates to better combat which is a plain illiteracy.

Bayo 2 has a lot of good QoL improvements cutting down grindathon of the first game, it is indisputable. A lot of things are made easier because saying honestly Bayo 1 has no business forcing us to unlock shit for each character individually and stuff like that. Training room actually has a enemy you can train against.

On the other side, enemy design is less polished and bad balancing which results in less fun and harder for wrong reason combat encounters on Normal (3rd climax) difficulty and up

Bayo 2 is probably the most divided action game sequel ever, whereas people consistently agree that DMC4 is worse than DMC3, people are very iffy on Bayo 2.
While it's true that certain mechanics were removed, others were given far more polish and attention, the game feels much smoother, and there are less eye rolling movements such as random quick time events or unfun huge bosses.

For me, Bayo 2 is the DMC3 of the Bayo series.
Incredibly polished, fun from start to finish, and what is there is incredibly refined.
Bayo 1 is, ironically, like DMC4. Lacks polish, but has a deeper combat system, and at times feels very repetitive.

>unfun huge bosses.
But the only unfun one was Fortitudo. I otherwise loved all the other bosses.

>hereas in Bayo 1, you can almost never get hit if you want at least a Platinum.
Honestly this was retarded though.
There's no fucking reason for the revival shot to even be a thing in Bayonetta 1. It's literally a complete waste since it's the same punishment as a restart from checkpoint BUT WITH LESS HEALTH.

Platinum doesn't know how to do items when the answer is fucking right in front of them. Make every item have its own score penalty, rather than an 'item used' penalty. Healing items have the biggest score penalty, with a revival item having the biggest but less than a death. Make it still possible to get platinum with a single revival item use, but impossible to get pure platinum.

Jubileus is a retarded platforming section and feels like fighting a bunch of normal enemies rather than a boss. For as 'grand and epic' as it is, it's a lame and boring fight.
Aesir, despite sharing a lot of moves with his previous versions, was a much better final boss since he's in your face constantly.

I disagree. I like Jubileus even still and you DO fight her outside of the platforming sections.

Aesir just felt less memorable.

>Healing items have the biggest score penalty, with a revival item having the biggest but less than a death
wat

Although honestly I like the idea. Even still you shouldn't be using items anyway.

I don't use items, even in TW101 where the items are a lot more fun and tactical than in Bayo.
It's just stupid that revival items exist with how they're punished in most platinum games.

>There's no fucking reason for the revival shot to even be a thing in Bayonetta 1. It's literally a complete waste since it's the same punishment as a restart from checkpoint BUT WITH LESS HEALTH.

The point is that you aren't sent back to the checkpoint.

>despite sharing a lot of moves with his previous versions
By a lot you mean all. And going from muppet baby Aesir past fight straight into plane segment then straight into the exact same fight with naked man Aesir was the weakest shit.

Jubileus may have had problems mechanically but it was at least climactic.

>I don't use items, even in TW101 where the items are a lot more fun and tactical than in Bayo.
Oh man, I haven't even bothered to try the items in W101. I should do that though, just to see what they're like.

I haven't used an item in a Kamiya game since DMC1 when I was a kid and one time in the first Bayonetta on my first playthrough. Somehow I forgot that you got penalized for that shit.

Although I must admit that I did cave and start using items in Bayo 2. I feel a little guilty over it still.

It's just there so that the casuals can at least complete the game.

>It's just stupid that revival items exist with how they're punished in most platinum games
Platinum games design their combat with the idea that with some skill player can evade all attack and not get hit at all. Ideally anyway, bayo 2 with it's no cue attacks not-withstanding.

Unlike say Ninja Gaiden where getting hit is almost inevitable and drinking potions is completely fine

But they can still complete it by just continuing over and over again.
Right now revival items have 0 purpose.

>Unlike say Ninja Gaiden where getting hit is almost inevitable and drinking potions is completely fine
Still mad that they removed items in NG3 and 3:RE.

Bayo 2's no cue attacks are usually ones you're supposed to anticipate on the enemy's approach and are followed by some punishable frames.

Scary skull in "continues" on level results screen triggers casuals more than a simple text denoting that they have used items

The only people i know who hate Bayonetta 1 and are DMC fans.

They shouldn't even have items if they're just going to punish you for using them. Just incorporate them as a normal part of the game or cut them out entirely.

The only people I know who hate Bayonetta 1 have shitty taste and generally seem to hate the game for the dumbest reasons.

I'm not annoyed by your shitpost, OP. I just pity you. I really do feel sorry for people who can't enjoy all kinds of games for all kinds of reasons.

I'am a DMC fan and I love Bayonetta.

The QTEs do suck, but it's far from a fatal flaw. It's really just an annoyance.

t. man will lowest standards on earth

>incredibly refined
Aside from the actual combat. Umbran Climax, and a few weapons, and Rosa, are completely broken, and their way of handling the higher difficulties (in a stylish action game all about handling anything thrown at you in a variety of ways) is to take options away from you and force you to fight in a specific way or eat shit. The weapons are overall less varied with less options for each weapon and the enemies are mechanically weaker for similar reasons to the difficulty. Bayo 2 did a lot of things right and has a much better campaign design, but combat-wise it has a lot more issues.

Which is where your analogy falls down. DMC3 was very nearly flawless combat-wise, the only reason DMC4 is better in that aspect is because they had 3 ready built to improve on and move forward with. Bayo 2 took the mechanics Bayo 1 had and removed a bunch of stuff, added in worse stuff, broke things by trying to fix what wasn't broken, and overall it just didn't quite understand what it was trying to do with it.

>Attacks unreadable

Correct me if I'm wrong but do enemies not literally fucking sparkle before they attack

Pretty much this.

Weapon design in particular is kinda bad in Bayo 2 for some reason.

Continuing over and over again doesn't let them have another go with the boss staying at whatever health they chipped away by the time they got killed.

I've generally found most people who like Bayo like DMC also, it's just the vocal minority of pleb scum who shit on one whilst glorifying the other.

OP's just retarded.
Every single attack has a wind up animation that you have to be slow as fuck to not telegraph.

You are not wrong.

Certain enemies don't, and on higher difficulties even the mobs bypass it sometimes, but by the time you actually get to that point you've fought enough sparkle wind-ups and have such an itchy trigger finger that it shouldn't be an issue.

>bayo is actually very readable compared to sequel anyway

Bayonetta 2 ins't 'readable?'

Almot every enemy has a tell for their attacks, most have a warning light flash. I'd say it's better than the first game's.

>Bayonetta 2 ins't 'readable?'
Soem of the encounters have unfortunate colour schemes for enemies which make visuals harder to read than it should be

Observe picrelated where gold enemy has a gold shield while hovering over a brown yellow ground, and there are gold-yellow flashes in the background.

Like what Lumen is even doing in there...

it's just a visual mess

2 has a much better art-style overall, but they should have paid a bit more attention for things like this.

It is even reflected in Cereza's design which is much more complex this time around

>DMC5 will never exist
>But Bayo 3 NX will be announced in less than a week
I'm okay with this reality.

Bayo 2 is the best game from last/current(?) gen, and Bayo 1 was the best game the gen before that. i will simultaneously fistfight any and all who disagree

JUST

I swear to god I bought this piece of shit Wii U if they make me buy an NX as well I'm sending Shiggy fucking anthrax.

W101 is better than Bayo 2. I'll fuck your ass up.

Nothing will ever top dmc3

>Not wanting a Bayo 3
Nintendo is the only ones that will ever fund Bayo anymore anyway, since they'll obviously go to Nintendo first for any Bayonetta sequel (as no other manufacturer will ever be able to have 2).

Unless Nintendo tells them no (which is doubtful given their close relationship), Bayo will stay Nintendo exclusive from now on.

They are too different to compare in my opinion but I still love the everloving fuck out of w101
wonder red in smash never ;_;

Bayocucks getting blown out ITT. Can't refute a single point in OP.

>Oh cool a Bayonetta thread
And it's a bunch of kids trashing it because
QTE =BAD hurrr.
No way of knowing when attacks are coming durrr.

Fuck off guys. If you don't like fighting games theres always other games.

>Umbran Climax, and a few weapons, and Rosa, are completely broken

Please explain how Umbran Climax is broken.

I guarantee that you're wrong.

I'll settle for a Wii U version.

>too different to compare
You compared Bayo 2 to every game of this gen including W101 m8

There's also the fact that Bayonetta is now a Smash character, vote or not that speaks huge things about their relationship.

Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is either getting FFVII remake on NX, FFXV, or some unannounced FF game too, as well as a Capcom fighter.

Wii U is dead.
Bayonetta 3 would have just begun development around the time of E3 this year, maybe last year at the earliest (though that's doubtful since it means Kamiya would have lied about not speaking to any publishers yet). It won't come out until 2018 at least.

>are followed by some punishable frames.

Examples please.

that was a different user lol

That wasn't me though I just tuned in user

Huge damage boost and stagger to weave attacks that costs almost nothing and trivialises the majority of enemies, including bosses.

Thats because he makes no point worth refuting?
>Too similar to DMC is not a bad thing.
>The particle effects were fine to me, I could see every enemy fine. I think this is just a case of OP being butthurt he died one too many times.
>Theres like 3 of those QTE moments in-game and I only died to the first one.
>Bayo is lewd enough.

don't enemies/bosses get hyper-armor and more health on the tougher difficulty settings which kinda negates that

Because Umbran Climax is so OP the rest of the games seems to balanced around it. The magic gauge is fucked because of it. Verse time requirements are fucked because of it. Umbran Climax properties like launching and knockback are fucked because of it. It feels like the whole game is just a matter of building magic to use umbran climax since it's the best option to use in every situation

Kamiya seemed to imply he wants to direct it himself, and I don't see Inaba saying no to that, so it won't be until Scalebound goes gold at the very least.

>umbran climax properties
Meant Wicked Weave properties

I've seen you post this pic before. It's cherrypicked as fuck.

The ground isn't usually that bright. The rock you're fighing on is spinning for a short time between checkpoints, and you'd have to fucking pause at the exact right moment to have the ground light up like that.

Seondly, the background is mostly static. Your brain should just filter it out, unless you're blind.

Thirdly, Lumen Sage can't attack while he has his shield up. He's not going to attack out of the blue from behind it.

Maybe you'd know that if you played the game instead of whining about it.

The vast majority of them don't get enough to offset the decimation UC'd weaves cause.

>Maybe you'd know that if you played the game
i did, i Pured 3rd Climax and experience didn't make me go further.

Have you beaten rodin?
I haven't because he keeps shoving his fists up my cute witch butthole for days

It's not as powerful as it looks. Have you even played the game?

It's not a huge damage boost, it costs a lot more than "nothing," and it only trivialises everything if you have infinite use of it. Which you don't.

> Because Umbran Climax is so OP the rest of the games seems to balanced around it.
>The magic gauge is fucked because of it.
>Verse time requirements are fucked because of it.
>it's the best option to use in every situation

Wrong. It's balanced with everything else really well. If anything it's kinda underpowered.

Charging magic is easy if you know what to do.

Charge modifiers are crazy powerful, and outshine umbran climax in most cases. Most of your high damage sources are the hold effects of your weapons.

There are pure platinum runs of Bayonetta 2 on youtube that barely use umbran climax. You can kill things quickly just fine without it.

Honestly, most of the game's problems stem from Bayonetta herself. Playing as Jeanne fixes most of the issues, at the cost of being a little more difficult.

>quick-time events that flash on the screen and then disappear before your brain can even process what fucking face button
if you cannot pass the QTEs regularly you do not possess the skill level to call Bayonetta a watered down DMC.

Yes it's true, but at your level of ability you will not notice the difference.

Not him, but yeah.

Are you using Rosa and bracelet of time? Makes it much easier.

>stop defending something you like on a public message board
Autism in its purest form

Highway 666 waa worst for camer
>Fight these Joy's
>On a road with oncoming traffic you cant see
>getting hit lowers your score
>good job, now we're hard mode so fight 3 gracious and glorious here instead
Fuck that.

it would have been better if i could just parry incoming cars

Have you? If you trigger Umbran Climax only for weave attacks and turn it off as soon as the attack is out whatever magic you spend will be replenished with ease in between letting those attacks off, and a Madama Butterfly headbutt or Baal rush will either stagger almost anything or (if weaker, or already staggered) send the cunt flying.

You can move the camera to face the traffic and dodge the cars pretty easily. The only challenge of that part is getting your score up enough for a plat before the enemies get GTA'd.

> no replies

>enemies get GTA'd.
traffic goes right through them

challenge to keep score up comes from them being gracious glorious

>People actually think this game is hard
okay pal

>Large enemy groups force you to rely on aimbot ez mode instead of having interesting layouts
>Open world with content spaced out in a way to ensure the player does mostly nothing
>Lots of guns that effectively do the exact same shit
>Typical checklist of ''Collect X of Y''

The setting is cool and all, but the gameplay is not. You spend way too much time in this game doing absolutely nothing, as you ride back and forth between towns and landmarks to shoot a few dudes or talk to some people.
Shooting animals for loot is a waste of time, since you need to get off your horse and walk up to it, slowly, and watch a cutscene everytime you want to collect the loot.
I honestly don't see why people want a PC port, other than improved framerates to make manual aiming somewhat viable. It's just the typical open-world layout, but half a decade old. I thought people were tired of that shit a long time ago. Why bring it back?

I died so much to that stage I was able to buy everyour single health upgrade from Robin. Fuck highway 666

sorry, my bad

I hope you're talking about hard mode user. Highway 666 on normal is painfully easy.

Cred Forums is just as desperate for more bad games as everyone else.

That lowers the cost considerably, yes, but it's burst damage. It doesn't trivialise the whole game and kill things in seconds like people are claiming.

Hell, you get the same effect from your weapons. Stuff like the hammer and rodin weapon can do the exact same thing as the madama butterfly headbutt, but better.

Which one is the Baal rush? Frog Queen has lots of different attacks.

here's your (You)

make good use of it

Bloodborne. It's a simplified Dark Souls for the dudebro audience that the PS4 wrangled in. Only praised because it's the only decent PS4 exclusive on the console, but that's not saying much when the rest of the library are rehashed ports of PS3 games and multiplatformers that are better played on PC.

How the fuck is Bloodborne "dudebro"?

How the fuck can you not read?

Can't believe cucks like you are still salty about not being able to play Bloodborne.
Just let it go or find a proper job, I dunno.

This.

I own a PS4 and Bloodborne, Sonygger, Dark Souls 2 and 3 are much better souls games. BB is casualized so that the CoD and Fifa players can enjoy it.

>still salty
That projection, it's funny to see the asspain when it gets called out for what it really is and that you're reminded it's still the only game on the PS4.

Being able to repeatedly knock things across the stage so they can't even attack you does trivialise the game, and
>kill things in seconds like people are claiming
You're the only one who has said that.

>Stuff like the hammer and rodin weapon can do the exact same thing
After charging and wind up giving enemies the opportunity to hit you first or get out of the way; UC Weaves can be fired off instantly. It's called balance.

Baal is the frog queen, and she's not even a frog queen but a toad empress.

> Being able to repeatedly knock things across the stage so they can't even attack you does trivialise the game

Are you saying that you can use quick bursts of umbran climax to stunlock enemies? How do you charge the magic to use it? Some enemies can dodge it unless you use witch time or alruna.

Doesn't seem efficient or practical.

> You're the only one who has said that.

You know what I mean, don't be pedantic. How does umbran climax trivialise everything when it doesn't deal enough damage to empty most enemies' healthbars?

> After charging and wind up giving enemies the opportunity to hit you first or get out of the way; UC Weaves can be fired off instantly. It's called balance.

Rodin's KKK stunlocks almost every non-boss enemy, deals much more damage than any infernal weave, and charges magic quickly. Undine and chernobog can do the same thing, to a lesser extent.

> Baal is the frog queen, and she's not even a frog queen but a toad empress.

Yes, I know. Empress of the Fathoms, she's one of my favourite demons.

I was asking which combo you meant, but nevermind.

Not exactly stunlock but a similar effect, yes. You recharge the magic by attacking them whilst they're recovering.

As repeatedly explained you don't just sperg out with it, activate before a weave and deactivate as soon as the attack's out; you can keep a consistent chain knockdowns going.

Rodin's a fucking bonus character you sperglord, but if you want to go there he too is broken. Undine and Chernobog stunlocking mooks means shit diddly squat because they're mooks; neither of them can send Valor blasting off Team Rocket style.

Baal only has one attack where she rushes. Hence Baal rush. I don't understand what you're having difficulty understanding.

>Rodin's a fucking bonus character you sperglord

He meant the weapon.

I want her to spank my dick

wiiu bayonetta 1 has more slowdown than expected
that fucking comparison video kinda lied

>Not exactly stunlock but a similar effect, yes. You recharge the magic by attacking them whilst they're recovering.
>As repeatedly explained you don't just sperg out with it, activate before a weave and deactivate as soon as the attack's out; you can keep a consistent chain knockdowns going.

Find and show me a video of this, please. I'd love to see it.

Nobody actually plays the game this way, fyi. There are much more efficient strats than this.

>most of which have ZERO wind-up at all
Bull fucking shit. They even have that glowy effect and the SCHWING sound.

I prefer 2, but I'll agree with this. The first game had a much more cinsistent black red and gold scheme whereas 2 looks a bit confused at times.

If Bayo 3 has the better kinaesthetics of 2, doesn't have 1's occasionally retarded enemy design, but has 1's originality and combat mechanics it will be literally perfect.

Pretty much all. The only time Cred Forums has ever been right is Deus Ex HR.

God Hand, Hotline Miami, STALKER, Bayonetta, Vanquish, MGR...the list is long.

Good warning signs: they project stories where there are none, it was made by Platinum, you've never heard of it.

Nonono, SCHWING is the sound the chainsaws make. You're thinking of SHING

>The average reaction time for humans is 0.25 seconds to a visual stimulus, 0.17 for an audio stimulus, and 0.15 seconds for a touch stimulus.

Are you slow in the head user?

I don't know what you niggers are complaining about, bayo games are baby mode easy most of the time. The first game has a couple shitty QTEs but the combat itself is simple. other than grace and glory, I think those were their names. Fuck those guys.

I already read your stupid fucking post and none of it answered my question, dumbass.

Now user, that's if you were watching a screen waiting to click the moment it changed colour

If you're watching a cutscene and you don't know a QTE is coming, you have to realize the prompt is there, then move your thumb to the correct button. You won't respond to one in a quarter of a second unless you know it's coming and which button you'll have to hit

You are talking about a game which has a one hand mode. Im pretty sure gud is already a default option

How is this on XB1? Any technical issues?

Honestly I think Bayonetta is quite inferior to Devil May Cry because there is just too much spectacle shit.

The QTE's, long-ass torture moves, Bayonetta just has too much stuff getting in the way of the meat and potatoes gameplay. DMC is over the top but when you're playing the game it keeps it very mechanically grounded and doesn't fuck around much.

this is why Bayo2 is better

The Xbox One version is now the best version of the game.

Really? It actually improved the 360 version?

I love bayo but I disagree about the QTE.

First play through those things pop up for a quarter second and you're dead before you even realize what buttons to press.

It's really cheap and unengaging. Bayo2 and w101 do it much better

Yeah, runs a bit better than the 360 version, same as a Read Dead.

I don't even own an Xbox One but I really appreciate how much effort MS seems to be putting into the BC stuff.

I want a time stamped screenshot of your pure plat

Thanks for the info. I own an XB1 but haven't bothered with any BC since I figured it would be shit 99% of the time.

DMC 4 > Bayo 2 > Bayo 1 > DMC 3

From someone who has actually played all of them.

>watered down DMC

If watered down means enemies that are actually a threat to the player and aren't just harnless dummies to jump cancel off of repeatedly, I'll take it.

Try playing NGB, I'd love to see how a DMCbaby handles actual good enemy design.

But it's an arbitrary input. In a fighting game when someone does a .24 second overhead I block high. That's how you deal with it. The gameplay never stopped and the prompt is always the same.

Bayo it happens randomly in a cutscene and the prompt can be different. It also causes an immediate game over because you didn't play a random game of Simon says fast enough. It's not the core gameplay, it's something completely different and arbitrary.

Yeah you're bad. Not nearly good enough to call bayo easy

>le Platinum can do no wrong meme

One amongst many people that need to be dragged out into the street and shot.

Bayo 1 > DMC3 > Bayo 2 > DMC4

As someone who actually started DMC with the first game back in 2001 DMC4fags always overrate DMC4 because it was their first DMC game. DMC4 is a skill ceiling for jump cancelling and nothing more, a skill ceiling by the way that you don't actually need to attain in order to S Rank everything because the game is so fucking easy.

>last boss
Aesir was so underwhelming compared to fucking Jubileus.

This, although DMC4 still has better combat than Bayo 2 by far. I still think Bayo is slightly inferior to 3, but 4 is too easy to put it above Bayo 1

DMC was the my first DMC game. In order, I played:

DMC, DMC 2, DMC 3, Bayo 1, Bayo 2, DMC 4.
Skipped DmC entirely for obvious reasons.

As far as the whole "Fags who always play the most popular game in the series first have shit opinions" PoV, I agree with that completely, but I personally am not someone who can start a series with anything other than the original, and then proceed in order of release. Wouldn't feel right to me.

I've seen people who like Bayo 1 more than 2, and I really don't get it. Bayo 2 runs better, looks better, has a wider variety of weapons, is WAY more balanced (I'm looking at you, hold-attack-to-lay-giant-bomb kicks), has co-op challenges, way more weapons, mechanics, even online play. Just feels way better than the first, imo.

That meme has diminished since the release of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Maybe that he didn't say it was a dudebro game, but that it is watered down filth that's accessible to them.

t. never ever

Nice. Go Green Machines.

Do you enjoy the taste of cocks

No offense, but you sound like a complete fucking faggot. I mean why are you even here if you can't handle a game being even the slightest bit difficult?

No idea.

>shitter who thinks he has the right to give his opinion when he can't press one of the 4 buttons that spawn in the middle of the screen with a loud audio sound

fuckkkk
yeahhhhh

Cred Forums tends to praise it more for the setting, story, and because it's one of the few relatively good console exclusives left. So yeah, all of those flaws you mentioned are real complaints, but for me at least it's all forgiven in moments like your first ride into Mexico.

>Another [insert action game] thread
>Another derail to DMC feat. NG

Why do they even bother trying to talk about other action games where no one is interested in talking about or playing them. Just wait for NieR, it's better than Bayonetta, better than Bloody Palace 4, and has better Waifus than Razor's Edge. The combat is TRUE ACTION COMBAT and they even added an Automata Mode just like DMC and Bayo. I find it hilarious when someone comes in any NieR thread and tries to say it's more JRPG when all the gameplay footage shown was TAC.

>For any DMCfags that replies. . .
Don't even waste your time with that weak ass Bloody Palace: The Game, It's the most CUHRAYZEE game ever! unless your talking about DMC3. I have heard and I KNOW everything about DMC4. And I would even argue that I'm better than (You) at DMC4. It's not even an argument, I simply am better because I was autistic enough to play that game for long periods or time just to learn ever single exploit or new meta.

DMC4 is a practice mode with no rewards anymore because everything possible has been done. It has nothing else to offer in terms of Nero and Dante and the rest of cast are so easy and depth-less that most pros didn't even bother with them.

You know that I know that you're baiting, but I'm legit hoping Nier sets a new trend or at least encourages other devs in the industry to not be afraid to strive to have, at the very least, MGR-ish Platinum styled combat with a skill ceiling and mechanical depth in their RPGs, which for the longest time have had supremely mediocre to shit combat.

If Automata gets decently popular it would be a great trendsetter. If I could play a 60 hour RPG with with Bayo or MGR or DMC combat I would not fucking think twice.

Have you ever tried Tales of Vesperia or Xilla?

No, do they have DMC/Bayo tier combat?

You forgot
>lack of QTEs that 2 had compared to 1
and
>less grinding
That would make 3 perfect. Combine the best parts of 2 and 1.

In terms of game difficulty

DMC1 > Bayo 1 > Bayo 2 > DMC3 > DMC4

I'm intentionally leaving NG out of it.

I would categorize them as having their own combat rather than copying a certain base style of combat, and having a ton of depth in that system. Like there's one character in the game with as much potential as Dante in DMC, in that games' engine. There are a lot of artes (skills) and over 200+ Skills (modifiers to characters that add things like extra attacks or jump/guard cancels and triple jumps).