I genuinely think anyone who doesn't like kojima is stupid and/or has awful taste in video games

I genuinely think anyone who doesn't like kojima is stupid and/or has awful taste in video games.

I'm serious

I agree, it's mostly a meme to call him a hack around here.

MGS2 is in my top 10 and I like the rest of his pre-MGS4 games, but I've never been a fan of him as a person and his actions of late keep giving me reasons not to care about what he does anymore.

He should just go to Hollywood so he can finally be laughed out and have his ego taken down to size.

he's able to make fun of himself a lot in his games, I think Cred Forums hates him cuz he's pretty much the nerdiest famous game dev, and they all secretly are jealous.

kojima is a hack that couldn't make a story with any sense if his life depended on it

He seems pretty fucking humble to me, gaming journalism paints him in a much more of an "lovable asshole" way, but as someone who speaks SOME moonspeak, he seems really humble.

Dude fuck Hollywood. What a terrible thing to say, Hollywood can eat a bag of dicks. They're the absolute worst thing about America. If we could just nuke that whole area we would be much better off.

>I genuinely think anyone who doesn't like kojima is stupid and/or has awful taste in video games.

I like his work. It oozes style like you wouldn't believe. He sometimes strays into territory that is dangerously cheesy though. Like he's deep behind enemy lines and the Cheddar Federation's elite commando unit the Havarti Cobras lead by Solid Gouda is hunting him down.

I played metal gear solid 2 turbo or whatever for xbox.

I didn't dig it. Liked splinter cell more.

What are some good kojima games?

I don't hate him but he's overrated and his cult like fanbase are retarded

There's been quite a few fan accounts over the years from people saying that he's apparently quite rude in-person, but of course, knowing how spergy Metal Gear fans tend to be, they no doubt were hassling him something fierce.

I think he has social anxiety, he always looks really shy on stage, to dumb MGS fans, that might translate to him being a dick.

MGS2 is by far the most deep thinking game with some substance and my favorite but most people like 3 the best.

I remember reading something about how people were planning to go after him for using Iroquois pliskin and shit but some director told them not to because kojimas a pretty cool guy.

>movies with half-assed, poorly done "gameplay" sections
>video games

He seemed humble before, but as of now he's definitely Mr. Untouchable Bigshot, most likely due to the amount of celebrities he pays to be his friends like Del Toro, Avi Arad, and now the cast of DS. Joosten and Keifer already forgot Kojima exists.

For someone that's 70% movies, sounds like the place for him.

I always preferred Hideo.

I genuinely think anyone who's all over Kojima's dick took a few psych 101 & dropped out of film school. Prove to me how he isn't a failed movie director and isn't up his own ass.

They probably couldn't take the bants

how can he be a failed movie director if he never attempted to direct a movie?

It's just the underage who have never played ZOE or Policenauts and don't like thinking.

He didn't go to game design school, he went to video games

>For someone that's 70% movies, sounds like the place for him.

No. Hollywood is for Jews and pussy bitch liberals. Kojima is better than that and he brings good messages to gaming, repackaging the themes of 1984 are seen by some as a bad thing but I think it is wonderful. He delivered that message (although not nearly a good) to a whole group of gamers and pushed the fuck out of what could be possible in a game.

I just finished act 3 in MGS4 and that shit was great. The whole ocelot scene at the end was fantastic, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen.

He directed several movies, they were called MGS.

Kojima's made some good video games, but his legion of dicksuckers is insufferable.

Any time the man does something subpar you get a bunch of people screaming that it's actually just a ruse.

I think he's just managed to surround himself with very competent people.

I think Death Stranding, if it ever comes out, is going to be an absolute fucking mess. It's a new environment he isn't used to working in, with mostly new staff.

Fukushima was the real brains behind MGS. Blaustein's localisation work on the first game was basically pitch perfect for the atmosphere the game needed.

And were wildly successful

>prove a negative

you just proved OP right

That's a slight mix-up of two stories. One of the rights holders to Escape from New York wanted to launch legal action against Konami after MGS1 got popular, but Carpenter, who was a fan of the game, talked him/her out of it. A couple of years later when MGS2 was in production, Kojima sent Carpenter a letter asking if he was alright with "Iroquois Pliskin", to which Carpenter gave him the go-ahead with.

>he never attempted to direct a movie

I can't wait until DS comes out and it's another great game and shitposters still continue with this shit anyways.

I just don't like japshit or jap people.

>you can't prove someone failed to accomplish something
You proved my point right

I'll prove that to you once you prove to me god isn't real

god is real, kojima is god.

This. Try saying MGSV was a bland, unfinished game and you get hordes of kojidrones who watch YYEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG on repeat saying how MGSV was bad on purpose because it gives you phantom pain from missing content. The loopholes they go through to defend lord Kojimbo is astounding.

>video and written documentations aren't something that exist
Look at that, another retarded Kojima cuck

and where do you live? Irrelevant, Wyoming?

who are you quoting?

>fukushima
Total baseless speculation. He wrote a few supplementary codex conversations and rewrote MGS1 for Ghost Babel and suddenly everyone thinks he's the hidden brains of the operation.

Blaustein was good though, but Kojima didn't like the liberties he took with the script. That's his prerogative.

What do you expect? 4 absolutely destroyed the series, everything past that has been garbage.

V is reasonably competent, at least for the first half of the game if you ignore the awful story portions.

>the state of retardation

codec

>being so BTFO you stop being able to string sentences together

another easy win for me

conversation.

>>Blaustein was good though, but Kojima didn't like the liberties he took with the script. That's his prerogative.
Kojima didn't like them because he's an egomaniac. Literally every change Blaustein made improved the game, and it stands up as one of the few titles in which the western version was blatantly superior.

>Total baseless speculation.
It's basic fact that every game Fukushima worked on was fantastic, and everything after he left was rotten garbage. You could make excuses like the Fukushima-Kojima combo being better than the sum of its parts, but Ghost Babel exists to utterly discredit that.

s

Did I trigger a fucking Cali fag? God I hope so.

>Can drive a jeep with an obvious shifter in it
>the characters don't touch it all while driving

nice """"immersion""", kojima, you fucking hack

i dont even know what that sentence means

That's fucking dumb and I don't believe that's true, or at least not the way you're describing it. MGSV was just a good game plain and simple, if you didn't like the direction the series took that's okay but the game is pretty good.

implying that such a minute detail as this is a big deal only proves how high of a standard you hold kojima to.

you have proven my point for me.

Lurk more newfag

>For someone that's 70% movies, sounds like the place for him.
Problem is, what made him fall in love with movies was 80's and 90's cinema, he still likes modern movies, but he of all people must know that it's currently a shithole.

Not to mention he already has a reputation in videogames, and it's not like back in the 80's where videogames barely had any plot.

Besides, there's worse people like David Cage who actually make literal movies.

Ghost babel is really nothing special and I have no idea why people say otherwise.

What's with the Kojima dicksuckers? I loved PW and MGS4 but these guys are fucking ridiculous.

MGS v was the biggest pile of shit ever released

He didnt have the balls to fire hayter face to face

Hes dropped in my books, Hope his new game will be good.

>makes icecubes melt in real time that has no effect on gameplay and is easily missed
>"TECHNOLOGY KOJIMA IS GOD"
>doesn't add the same detail to his later games
>"um dude Kojima doesnt worry about that shit."

>Besides, there's worse people like David Cage who actually make literal movies.

That's the thing. I can appreciate kojima because he isn't trying to make a generic hollywood tier narrative like in tlou for example. Not only that he absolutely stuffs gameplay with details and technology moments, he isn't just fixated on delivering a deep message or anything. It always feels well balanced with the general anime levels of crazy shit. He brings the whole package.

He thought TFA was a top 5 movie in 2015, that already proved he knows jack shit about movies despite building up this idea he knows what makes movies work.

People like you are hilarious. A 9/10 game was released that didn't match your autistic fanfiction so it's somehow "the biggest pile of shit ever released"

"but but muh sniper wolf and and you'll fight solid snake at the end"

I would continue but I forget all the shitty plotlines you dorks made up after watching the trailers.

Kojima simply likes everything made in the west.
He watches some weird as fuck movies, but at the same time you see him saying he loved Civil War.

hayter met kojima like, twice
I don't know if it's necessary to personally ring him up about it

He hasn't had this quality for over a decade. And I don't expect it to magically come back because he left Konami.

>He didnt have the balls to fire hayter face to face
>fire
What?
What happened is that he simply didn't hire him for MGSV.

>despite building up this idea he knows what makes movies work

I've never really gotten that idea from him though. He's a fanatic and a normal ass guy who thinks stuff is cool. As far as I see, he watches a shit ton of movies and digests a ton of other media. His games are just what he thinks would be good.

When did he become such a big boy in the industry anyway? I don't remember MGS being that famous a few years ago.

Because he's a plebe who buys into that shit, just like his new audience for Death Stranding. Uncharted and The Division fans.

Back when MGS1 came out man, that game was an instant classic.

MGS was famous from the get-go. One of the key PlayStation franchises.

DATACAP FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

I mean.. yeah.

Kojima, love or hate, has had some of the, if not THE, most consistent game quality. He still changed with every game, didn't let anything get stale. Whenever he failed in one aspect, he excelled in another. He experimented often, and he's a perfectionist that gets obsessive about bugs and improper coding.

His games are hit or miss on whether you like it or not, but his quality is undeniable, and to call him a hack is strictly a meme.

You could tell after MGS V who the memers and MGR babies were pretty easily.

Nah man, the game was shit

repetitive missions all the way through and no story. dont get me started on the outposts. nearly all of the africa missions was the one with flooded fields and that hut next to it.

>liquid steals mg
>never heard from again
>chapter 2
>previous missions with a harder setting

I could agree with you on that but even 4 has it's moments. Peace Walker was pretty good too. I even really enjoy V, there were loads of memorable moments and it has the best gameplay in the series. There's something to take from everything he worked on, well see how death stranding turns out. He really hasn't done anything besides mgs in forever but the concept sure looks like he has something cool in mind

Huh. Maybe I didn't pay much attention to him and his games.

He's really cute with that beard.

>Kojima and his wife watch at least one new movie every day

God, Netflix must've been the second coming for them.

I bet Death Standing is going to be the game where Kojima completely sinks into total over-budgeted pretentious self-wankery.

Supposedly he was just given a blank check by Sony without any kind of pitch. People love Kojima for his Metal Gear games, but the thing is he didn't want to make them since MGS2. Hell a lot of people's favorite MGS3 came out of Konami giving Kojima a slap on the wrist after MGS2. There is no indication that a Kojima Unchained is actually a good thing, he could be one of those director who needs to be kept on a leash. The fact that most of his fans also never call bullshit on his games is also really bad, Kojima doesn't need evangelic status.

Every mainline MGS got critical acclaim when they came out but before GZ was announced nobody was talking about it because it had been a long time. Although off the internet MGS definitely seems more niche, I don't know a lot of people who play them.

>hayter fanboys are still this mad

it's all a big ruse amirite? Hayter will be back in metal gear survive

He's never had that quality. Given how badly thought of it is to badmouth your boss in Japan, and how Fukushima is so far out of the spotlight that he doesn't even have a wikipedia page, it's impossible to know how much actual writing Kojima did on the earlier games.

4 is absolute bile. Easily the worst MGS game by a solid mile. PW had a dumb mess of a script which is surprising when you consider how short it was, but the actual gameplay was rock solid. 5 didn't even feel like it had a script, just a few loosely connected plot points and the most dull mission ever where you walk around a spooky building and shoot a bunch of infected faceless mooks in the face.

The concept for DS looks like a complete mess. His thoughts on what he wants to bring to the table thematically are fragmented and nonsensical. But hey, it looks kooky so it's all good, right?

>Supposedly he was just given a blank check by Sony without any kind of pitch.
Because Sony treasures exclusives.
Sony is right now fucked and the PlayStation division is practically carrying the entire company.
Xperia, their movie division... They are all really unstable.

Besides, they know that Kojima is a huge name, and that he knows very well how to sell his games.

>Your PF is called Diamond Dogs
>Diamond Dogs by Bowie is not in the game
>Friday I'm in Love, song from the 90's is in a game taking place in 1984
What did he mean by this?

>bumming kiefer after 5 lines of dialogue

wow

>it's all a big ruse amirite?
I don't know why anyone thought this was the thing when the Japanese VA that always voiced Snake and BB also voiced Venom.

Oh I'm sure Death Standing will sell well.

It's just a question if it will actually be good or not.

I was just talking about Sony and the budget.
They don't care about it because they know it's going to sell.

is this cunt actually selling his company logo as a toy ?

If the leak is true, that guy is actually part of Death Stranding's plot.

If you liked quiet and thought she was a good character you need to actually kill yourself

Nah, the real question is if the media hops on the hype train or not. They probably will, now that Sony is going to spend a shitload on the ad budget.

It's a shame, suddenly getting 70s across the board after decades of 90+ might actually wake Kojima up. As it is, all the critique will be in English where he can't read it. You have to wonder if the reason he's never learnt the language is subconscious, to avoid finding out what everyone actually thinks of his games.

I thought Meryl was bad in 4, but Quiet took the whole "completely meaningless female fapbait" to a whole new level. Paz was pretty dumb, but Quiet is just awful.

>MGSV is a good game
I can tell you started the series with Peace Walker at best

Found the next Death Stranding actor

>What happened is that he simply didn't hire him for MGSV.
This. Hayter was never contracted to do multiple games. He had to re-audition every time. He was never meant to play Snake in every game.

>It's a shame, suddenly getting 70s across the board after decades of 90+ might actually wake Kojima up.
What?
All his games have been answers to criticism.

People complain about MGS2, Raiden, not muh Snake and the ''2deep4u'' plot full of twists?
You get MGS3 with Snake, and a superficial and predictable story.

People ask for a sequel of MGS2?
You get it, with Snake and Raiden not being a pussy.

People complain about the amount of story and cutscenes?
You get MGSV, focused completely on gameplay, and minimal story.

>but the thing is he didn't want to make them since MGS2

I don't believe this and never will. He may have originally wanted to stop but he always wanted to do that, he just loved the series. Hell each game it's like he listened to the fans too much.

>MGS2

Where is my SNAKE also wtf happened

>okay I fix
>MGS3

No that's big boss where is snake now

>okay I fix
>MGS4

He's old!! I want to play as raiden again! Too many cutscenes and not enough game!

>okay I fix
>MGSV

NOT ENOUGH CUTSCENES, THERE IS NO PLOT, NOT FINISHED

>okay I fix
>????

He actually tweeted out "I'm sorry my next game will be finished" and it actually made me a little sad.

>Peace Walker
Jesus fucking christ that game was shit

You people are fucking braindead. Keep riding that dick.

K O J I M A
__M_____M
__G____A
________Z
_______I
________N
_______G

>answer to a post
>WOW YOU BRAINDEADS
How about you post an argument instead?

I disagree, MGS4 has the most emotion and shows just as many notable moments than any other game in the series with better gameplay than it's previous games to boot.

>The concept for DS looks like a complete mess. His thoughts on what he wants to bring to the table thematically are fragmented and nonsensical.

Seems like you're making some jumps in logic considering we've seen one teaser that's really just a proof of concept.

PW is the best MGS GAME, fight me IRL.

The story is trash, but running around blowing up robots and tanks is kind of what I always wanted from the series. The stealth was always puddle deep anyway. It's not my favorite MGS title, but it's the most competent game.

He's absolutely excellent at designing good gameplay mechanics that feel good to play. I also think that even though his stories are overly complex and very silly, they are sort of entertaining and the human drama doesn't feel "off" or anything. His thoughts about the importance memetics are also quite profound.

Not him, but are you saying that he needs to play each and every other MGS game before recognizing MGS5 as a good/bad game? Fuck off.

No I started with 2 after it came out and then played 1. Played the rest as they released. Fuck you MGSV was good, most fun gameplay in the series by far.

The gameplay has always been nice, and although he seems to have issues about how to deliver the messages he wants to tell, the stories are interesting.
MGSV was unfinished, but oh well.
Also, it's entertaining speculating about what his games.

>half-assed, poorly done "gameplay" sections

Hope you realize that the metal gear series partially established the stealth action genre

>I took pictures of snake on top of quiet

>Im a massive faggot and i dont know the trick to the pal keys

4 has literally zero emotion aside from the final fight, which is so hilariously cliche that I refuse to believe anyone could look back on it and think "that was good". The story is an absolute mess, filled with inconsequential characters while trying to introduce too much psycho-babble and contrasting themes at the same time while resolving none of them or showing anything of meaning. The gameplay is weak, but thankfully limited as each area only lasts 2 minutes before you're catapulted into an hour long cutscene for more pretentious story. It's both the weakest thematically, and the weakest technically, of all the MGS titles.

>Seems like you're making some jumps in logic considering we've seen one teaser
Clearly you missed his stage appearance before TGS, where he rambled on for 5 minutes.

Is there any indication whatsoever that Death Stranding would be any good? It's clear that Kojima has lost it, the mantle "pushing the boundaries of the medium" made him become way way too much of a tryhard.

-He had the audacity to sell merchandise based on company logos without a single second of gameplay
-'Muh methaphor so deep nonsensical trailer
-Look at these 2nd rate HBO show stars I could have. Even MGSV Big Medic the majority of the mocap was not Keifer.
-Open world meme

I'm so so fucking burned out by MGSV. People blame Konami, but the game itself is not salvagable by design. This is not Peace Walker, the mission based gameplay aspect is nonsensical for console based MGS. People complain about the cut content, but look at resource allocation. Kojima is more concerned about mocapping himself than finishing the game.

Circa MGS4 I'd say he's not a hack. But after PT meme, Ground Zero, TPP, and (the lack of) anything he shows for Death Stranding I'm back into the hack camp. Fuck Kojimbo and fuck his self fellating ego. I'm more interested in the next low budget Phonix Wright game than whatever Death Stranding has shown so far

This. Death stranding will do well and Cred Forums will shit on it anyways.

>the final fight, which is so hilariously cliche that I refuse to believe anyone could look back on it and think "that was good"

SOME OF US LIKE CAMP. Can't you stop taking it so seriously and just like how over the top and anime everything is? It's insane.

only true fans like mgs 1-4

>than whatever Death Stranding has shown so far
Absolutely nothing?
The game is still in planning.

>Im a massive faggot and i dont know the trick to the pal keys
>He thinks I even tried to play the other Metal Gears
I started off with GZ and TPP on PC, and I felt that they were pretty great. I don't need to play the others to understand that.

What has he done wrong exactly?

only true fans like every game in the series, despite their obvious flaws

I like camp, you fucking faggot. 1 is a wonderful game. It's silly to fist fight on top of a burning metal gear, but in the context of a game where you fight a magical voodoo witch doctor, a psychic gimp, and a cyborg ninja, it's perfectly fine.

When you lose all that magic by resorting to defining everything as nanomachines and retroactively make the world incredibly stale and static, camp loses its flavor. Especially when you've just had a hilarious segment where you walk through a fucking microwave room while watching all your buddies have "epic" battles. 4 isn't camp. It's just dogshit.

>muh so deep metaphor
>open world
>wasting money on expensive 2nd rate hollywood stars

It's gonna be a pile of steaming dogshit like Order 1886, No Man's Sky and you know it

Pretty much everyone who has played 4 looks back at the final fight fondly, I think that was one of the most exciting moments I've ever experienced in a game.

If it's like MGSV i'm all for it.

>Wolves
THE RUSE LIVES!

>It's a "No True Scotsman" fallacy
Kek.

All MGSV needs is some more stuff in it. It has all the groundwork, infinite heaven is a great mod.

Well you're wrong

>it's a Cred Forumsfag tries to contribute to the conversation but just misuses fallcies episode

You are wrong again

typical faggot

Holy shit what a mess, MGO 3 was a fucking disgrace too. I bet most of the betas ITT ran around with a female in bathing suit online too

This.
MGSV is still the blueprint to create one of the best games in history.

Not everything is defined by nanomachines, that's honestly such a meme. Nanomachines and the patriot AI system are just a means of complete control. The B&B is still there too, every meal gear has exactly what you described about 1.

>comparing someone with a track record like kojima to literally who's and a shitty indie team

>All MGSV needs is some more stuff in it.
No, not really. The repetitive nature of the mission sucks. The only good part is the semi well structured mission like saving Code talker.

On top of that, Konami didn't force the whole language parasite, wolbachia nonsense to exist. Villain made the absolute least amount of sense. Ocelot got his character sucked the living daylight out of him. He's supposed to be the crazy one and he's like yeah whatever I'm onto my self hypnosis meds and nanomachines. Whole thing fucking stinks.

I don't think I've ever had as much fun as I did doing tacticool ops to 80's tunes and having the music sync perfectly with my gameplay.

Track record of steaming pile of hotshit, lack of capability to finish on time and control budget, and lack of ability to focus on the important stuff (like finishing the core story) rather than the tertiary stuff (like mocapping yourself into the game as Easter egg).

>mfw going lethal on everyone at ''WE ARE THE KIDS IN AMERICA! WO-OO!!''

Hasn't made a single good game in 12 years

Also has a super massive ego the size of the sun

MGSV is the only MGS in which Ocelot is really on your side. There's no need for him to be crazy.

>ocelot
>didnt fire his guns
>didnt fight anyone
>What the fuck have you done to the guns
>shitty VA

>The repetitive nature of the mission sucks.

You have no creativity or sense of fun. The game is what you make just like the rest of the series

>Villain made the absolute least amount of sense.

He makes complete sense. Like zero and BB, skull face thought he knew what the boss wanted and what her will for the world was. He was also wrong like them though.

>Ocelot got his character sucked the living daylight out of him. He's supposed to be the crazy one and he's like yeah whatever I'm onto my self hypnosis meds and nanomachines.

No. Ocelot idolizes Big Boss, he actually had complete loyalty to him. Ocelot has no reason or care to play games with big boss. Unlike in 3 when he's a triple agent or in 2 when he's working for the patriots.

Nice parroting of facebook posts my dude but I really don't see how V' story is unfinished when it wasn't necessary as a part of the story in the first place. Big Boss never had a Sahelanthropus/Rex so obviously they didn't ever find Eli. Which is why mission 51 was kind of dumb and I'm glad it was cut.

Kojima has never made a bad game. Prove me wrong.

You can't.

Pretty much all his games have 90+ scores and are universally acclaimed. Also I would love for you to go in depth with numbers and facts on the budget

No, they did not.

Metal Gear came out years after the original wolfenstien

Metal Gear Solid was neither the first nor the best 3D stealth game of 1998 due to Tenchu and Thief respectively.

Kojima doesn't start trends, he follows them. The only thing he got going in the mainstream was cutscenes heavy set piece marathons.

>don't see how V' story is unfinished
holy shit

Last time im ever coming into a mgs threads. you TPP fags are fucking delusional. im out

No, all his games are still good, some of them are just dissapointing because they could have been REALLY good.

The Phantom Time is a sensation of having time to do stuff after you lost it

There are people unironically defending MGSV on Cred Forums

Maybe Cred Forums has really come to and it's my time to leave

I just wish he make more Tactical Espionage Action games. I dont want more cinematic bullshit fest or immersion silent hill or the open world action shooter.

Most Hollywood directors were probably seriously impressed with MGSV's war on terror allegory honestly it's much more impressive than most of what Hollywood pulls off nowadays.

I've been pretty adamant about V since it came out. It has flaws but it isn't nearly as bad as the shitposters would have you believe, also nice no argument.

Okay? Fuck off then. I'm not seeing anything constructive from your side, all you do is parroting. Are you still waiting for chapter 3 or something? Chapter 3 is the nuclear disarmament that will never happen thanks to faggots, and in case of PC, cheat engine users. It's why kojima was afraid that "People will never finish the game"

My dude the "I met kojima in a grocery store" posts are a joke

Nah, social anxiety literally makes you lose it.
He's just shy.
Not to mention he's probably embarassed of his engrish.

>another attention whore declares he's leaving Cred Forums forever because he's been BTFO

see you tomorrow buddy

Please describe to me which parts of TPP's story fits in each category:

>Prologue
>Rising Action
>Climax
>Faliing Action
>Conclusion

Reminder.

>It's why kojima was afraid that "People will never finish the game"
Well, he certainly didn't

Fight yourself my dude. PW is a trash grind, being tedious on purpose for its anti-nuke/metal gear message was retarded and it fails to be an interesting game in the slightest.

>hospital
>the bees mission onwards to saving Emmerich
>killing skullface and fighting sehalanthropus
>up to the quarantine mission
>twist and operation n131 scene

Don't forget the ending to Paz's side mission. Fuck V was pretty damn good.

nice quads

Okay I'll take the bait and lay down my case against TPP

1. Lack of boss fights.
Bullet sponge superpowered zombie soldiers doesn't count, because they're just lazy superpowered enemies. The highlight of MGS games have always been the unique boss fights. In V we got a rehash of the End sniper battle (3rd rehash after crying wolf) and your classic "lob as much RPG onto the mech metal gear"

2. Lack of contextual codec other than "Enemy snipers" and "boss that's a Hind D." Everything else is reserved to the cassette tapes.

3. Repetitive gameplay. Sneak in, rescue hostages. Sneak in, destroy something. Sneak in, steal intel. Mix and match some variety of the 3

4. 20% of your time spent on Helicoper in and out. Also trying too hard to be a movie and the opening credit spoils out who will be in the mission for no good reason.

5. Villain motive is getting dumber and dumber. If you're on board thinking Skullface is a good villain with "I was born in a small village" monologue, and his stupid ass motive about removing English is a cogent argument then you're beyond saving. Jivin' Gorilla from Drebin unit has better story and justification than Skullface.

6. Big Medic is a mute asshole and player self insert character. Much much of the charm of MGS series is carried by the MC. Solid, Raiden, and MGS3 Big Boss are all top tier in their character backstory. Big Medic is just a mute asshole with no character, and no volition on his own at all. Go Big Medic, fetch some intels and save some hostages! OK Kaz I guess

You're so wrong, it hurts. Hospital is the only one right, and that's impossible to fuck up.

I'm so right it's envigorating.

>Dude fuck Hollywood. What a terrible thing to say, Hollywood can eat a bag of dicks

What? A place that takes collective ideas and tries to add onto them or at least regurgitate them enough to make enough money. That's like hating reddit at this point. Whats wrong with you?

>no counter argument

kek you clearly got BTFO

>Lack of boss fights.
>Bullet sponge superpowered zombie soldiers doesn't count, because they're just lazy superpowered enemies. The highlight of MGS games have always been the unique boss fights.

I can say this about any MGS boss. "Oh they're just lazy and super powered XD"

>Everything else is reserved to the cassette tapes.

Subjective. But I'll argue nothing is wrong with this, it skips out on stopping your game constantly and instead integrates codec without losing dialogue or exposition. Being able to move while tuning into that or listening to music was nice. Also you can re listen to anything without having to replay the game which is also a huge +.

>Repetitive gameplay. Sneak in, rescue hostages. Sneak in, destroy something. Sneak in, steal intel. Mix and match some variety of the 3

Again. I could say any of the MGS games have reptitive gameplay, V is just what you make of it like any of the other entries. The fluid movements, controls, possibilities, tools, weapons, are greater than ever in V. If you dumbed every mission down that easily then you weren't trying to actually have fun with the game.

> 20% of your time spent on Helicoper in and out.

Random bullshit number, parroting more meme statements.

>Also trying too hard to be a movie

Must be your first MGS?

>and his stupid ass motive about removing English

That's not what his motive was though, English is just the lingua franca so it would be the most devastating if that strain of the virus ever broke out. Skullfaces small village monologue was important because it shaped his fucked up views, he's a fun anime character with a damn good voice actor, he should have had more screen time.

1. The skulls don't count because arbirtary reasons, neither does the Man on Fire I'm guessing? Also every mgs has had a sniper boss bottle sans 2, it's a series staple at this point. Furthermore the Crying Wolf fight is very different to The Ends.

2. Codex breaks up the flow of gameplay, I prefer being able to play and listen to exposition at the same time. This one is just personal preference

3. Every game has the same formula which is to sneak past guards and reach and objective, the only reason this seems like a problem is because there's 200 hours worth of gameplay

4. Exaggeration

5. Bad guy wants to unleash armageddon and snake has to stop him? Literally every metal gear game.

6. Big Medic has character, just not alot of dialogue due to the game being so cutscene stingy.

You're stretching user

Same thing, but with Miyazaki instead. Kojima's games are dumb. Ur dumb.

I like Kojima because he seems like a nice person and he's pretty funny on Twitter.

That doesn't mean I shouldn't automatically like his games though. Phantom pain was a disappointment and that's just a matter of fact.

It objectively didn't live up to expectation and it's a stain on his previous work.

>Super Powered

>An old man running and gunning you with a revolver
>An Abrams
>A woman sniping you
>A climatic Helicopter battle (unlike the gazillions of helis you take down in TPP)

First one only has Mantis and Raven as "super powered" And I don't count Fox because his fight is pretty much the most ordinary battle you have until the fist fight with Liquid

>The skulls don't count because arbirtary reasons, neither does the Man on Fire I'm guessing

Fun part about boss fights in MGSV is learning the enemies backstory. Skulls have no backstory other than being faceless supersoldier in super suit. Man on Fire is not a bossfight for the obvious reason.

Fox is literally a super Japanese hero. War is very bad edition

None of the bosses in MGS3 had any backstory but they still count?

Man on Fire is a puzzle fight which mgs is also known for, like mantis in mgs1 and vamp in mgs4

Fox literally turns invisible and turns into a giant ball of energy that teleports around the room. I wouldn't say that was ordinary

Oh, absolutely, but his battle is as standard as a battle can get, you're only prevented from using fireguns, and end up resorting to fists, but other than activating camo, his battle is pretty normal

It still no match for all the crazy shit that came after.
It was far fetched, heck, it is far fetched, but it's not the super natural boss the game is constantly famous for

so you're a retard
thats okay if you ask me

seriously, playing stuff like Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid for the first time was amazing
but everything after that focused too much on a overly convoluted story instead of awesome gameplay
Kojima's games stagnated gameplay-wise(except this SIlent Hill thingy) and deliver nothing new or exceptionally good

I don't like Kojimas strories, and by extension the metal gear games, because he doesnt know what to do with them.
Is it a conspiracy theory?
Are there super-hero tier enemies involved?
Is it ghosts and spirits?
Is it rogue AIs that somehow manifest into reality because fuck you thats why?
Is it a spy story?
The real world references are more often than not used in the most wrong ways possible. It often feels like Kojima did his research on how the real world might function in such cases, alone, in a basement for the last 40 years, with only source of knowledge an magic 8-ball.

I can appreciate the various gameplay elements introduced throughout the years, but the stories and the characters are simply idiotic caricatures of reality, mostly devoid of actual functioning knowledge.

I'm curious, why is MGS4 so weak technically?

>le fucking movie game guy

But isn't that part of the charm?