>Spartan IV
>loud annoying assholes
>everyone and their mother seems to be able to become one

Why did 343 kill Halo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8dCyyeBQhPU
gamasutra.com/view/feature/191234/making_halo_4_a_story_about_.php?page=3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

343 tried to separate themselves from bungie. this never truly works the way you expect it to.

also, odst/reach were the last good halo games.

>spartan III
>no one gave a shit about them

I did.
Kurt did.

they were true heroes that only a war torn society could hope for but not actually want. III's will always be my favorite

>mfw Objective: Survive

>everyone and their mother seems to be able to become one

Hey Jim, we're in a war with genocidal aliens that have way better tech and outnumber us. Should we give our supersoldier formula to anyone that signs up for the program or leave who gets to be a supersoldier up to some crusty old fascist bitch and her superiors, who wouldn't be out of place at the legion of doom? Keep in mind that those muh perfect genes that aforementioned crusty old bitch keeps going on about are no longer necessary to survive the project so we can give it to literally anyone, and improve their worth in combat by several orders of magnitude.

Noble 6 was the true hero

I did to but I was talking about in universe.

>noble 6 can be customized however you want him/her to be
>he/she ends up being the true hero of the series
>Bungie thanks their fanbase for sticking with them in the credits
>mfw realizing noble six is an analogy for the players that supported them over the years
Bungie was cool.

Reach looks better than Halo 4, Halo 5 and it will look better than Halo 6. The horrible truth: all 343 made Halo games use Reach engine and manage to look that bad, that is how fucking incompetent 343 are.

>all three og games were cool
>reach was their thank-you note
>we'll never see another company like them again
Bungie was the true hero

Worst thing about 4 and 5 is the armor.

It'd say everything in 343 made Halo is equally bad.

Because they put a woman with George Lucas levels of control in charge of the series. I still can't fathom their idea's for the games, should've given Creative Assembly and Certain Affinity the reins to the series since they've done a better job creating Halo than 343 ever has.

It becomes quality v. quantity though. S4s are fast sure but they're weak as shit both physically and in terms of what their armor and shields can take, whereas S2s were significantly better in pretty much every way, but with a general decrease in speed. Some Spartans like Kelly could easily outpace a 4 though

Best skybox in the known galaxy.

>browsing Netflix
>see Halo: The Fall of Reach
>watch it
>its like one third of the book and ends at Sam's death
>no Sigma Octanus IV
>no battle of Reach
>horrendous cgi

JUST

4 Looked fine but art style was perfected with Reach.

You can tell they hired a bunch of generic scifi artists after that. 4 Armor looked awful. What I saw of 5 it didn't seem quite as edgy as I remember 4 looking.

I thought 4 got the same augments and have the same stats it's just that now it's way safer so they just spam them.

>>Spartan 1
>>Based Johnson

>Reconned a minor nigger char into a Spartan when there were no signs or hints of this previously otherwise
>Dies like a bitch

Ok

If you ask me they should have hired Respawn to made them a new Halo successor, Respawn have been freely available in 2011. They could have ditched Halo altogether and create new sci-fi FPS to represent the Xbox, Titanfall would have been perfect fit. All 343 do is eat money anyway and shit on everything.

Nigger was like 80 by his death and he went out with a bang. Give him a break.

>H5 could have looked like H2A
>instead they downgrade the visuals
>player models occasionally get replaced by sprites if they're far enough away

There's no excuse for H5 not looking like H2A, I think its because Certain Affinity showed them up with a modded H4 and are butthurt about it.

I might be wrong, I'm mostly just going off of memory from the books and following the series up until recently, but assuming I remember right, the training and augments were downright illegal, making them much harsher and creating more powerful Spartans.

Level of detail was worse than in Reach, projectile and grenade blasts were missing lighting, pop-in was fucking terrible, every level had one fucking atrocious color filter slapped on it to as cheap way of creating "atmosphere". Halo 4 looked fucking horrible.

I honestly thought 343 made it so they got the exact same results it was just now perfected and done through a differnt method.

Reach's campaign was so damn fun, however the multiplayer left a lot to be desired especially with how lazy they were with the maps. That being said it shits all over 4 and 5.

I didn't realize how bad it looked until I tried the PC forge. It's like a AA game from 2009.

I though the opposite. Had great fun with MP but campaign felt like it was designed for co-op in mind with really bad bullet sponges even for Halo standards. I enjoyed all other Halo SPs more.

>Reach's campaign was so damn fun
Amazing particle effects, great fog, explosions and eerie atmosphere. Reach is very under appreciated game even though it is so popular.

>well never get another budgie podcast where they shoot the shit about game development
>No more whambulance so we cant laugh at scrubs who got banned
>No more jokes about how old Marty is
Why even live

>343 finally found a good gameplay middle point with 5 but had shit maps to play it on
>Bungie continues to have good maps but in the fucking awful crucible mode

Life is truly suffering

Never felt that enemies in Reach were bullet sponges. Probably because each squad of enemies in Reach carries some weapons that allow you to deal with them fast. For example Elites always have a bunch of grunts with plasma pistols with them, kill grunts first take the plasma and Elites will go down easily, Brutes always have jackals with needle rifles hanging around, same principle.

Why did Bungie have to leave the halo franchise. Seems like they lost their groove and now Halo is shit. Truly we are in the worst timeline.

>World War II soldiers
Skeletons
>Modern soldiers
Buffdick mclargeslabs

DUDE TECHNOLOGY, MEDICINE, AND TRAINING ADVANCEMENT LMAO

Yes, it truly is. Destiny would have been a great game if you remove the ultimate attacks, iron-sights and fast kill-times.

It helps prove that 343 cant do anything on their own. If someone you outsource work to takes your previous games engine and mods it to look and play better than your new game, there's a serious problem on your end.

Certain Affinity even took 343's shitty armor design and made it look good, all they did was slap on a cod-piece and make the under-suit jet-black.

>Why did Bungie have to leave the halo franchise.

Because it was finished. It wouldn't have been as good after Reach even if they had stayed.

Reach is literally the worst-looking Halo. Everything is grimey and washed-out.

More like food industry and agriculture advancements.

>Modern

Could've made another ODST game but have it set on other planets as they fall to the Covvies.

I can never understand how anyone thinks the Bungie Halos looked better than 4 or 5 if we're talking pure art style. That is the one thing 343i improved. 4 looked like Metroid Prime but in HD ffs.

I remember some VidDoc they did on 4 where they celebrated on removing the ugly cod piece. Calling it space diaper...

Yup, Certain Affinity really did a good job Doom with multiplayer too, it feels like a cross between UT, Halo and CoD and it's not so bad. Armour looks great too and customization is nice.

Reach was trash desu. It just had good customization and UI. 343 took inspiration from all of Reach's aspects except the two good ones.

>people still play it to this day
>Reach had more players playing than Halo 3 or Halo 4 since 2012

Reality seems to disagree with your shitty opinion.

DELET THIS

Not sure if trolling or just plain stupid.

>fascism is bad
gj proving halo's primary audience is 12 year olds

Because MCC is Halo 3 in 60fps and 4 is trash too, but also 60fps in MCC

These fucks need to be fired and replaced with Certain Affinity, even the spergs at /hg/ would be better than 343.

It fucking is. Grey and bloom, Cred Forums used to make fun of that shit all the time in 7th gen, but it only ever applied to Halo with Reach. CE-ODST were vibrant.

Go away Cred Forums

>They beat Kojima to the "it was the players who made it all possible" in-universe gimmick five years earlier.

Further proof that all original ideas come from the west.

this is a Cred Forums board retard

>Spartan 1s
We fucked up
>Spartan IIs
Best of the best of the best, SIR
>Spartan IIIs
Suicide missions and retcons
>Spartan IVs
Marines in fancy new suits

VIDEO GAMES

>Noble 6 outright refused the offer to leave from Keyes to ensure the Pillar of Autumn got off Reach intact
>Humanity would have never won the Human-Covenant conflict if it wasn't for a single mans act of selflessness
Six was the realest motherfucker on Reach right up until he died.

Noble 6 was pretty cool but the other III members of Noble team left no impact on me

>Sgt Stacker stayed in the Marines
At least they got one thing right.

>Spartan III
>no one gave a shit about them

Mostly just some military higher ups since spartan III's were made with dangerous suicide missions in mind but there were many exceptions like Colonel Holland and others. Everyone else respected the spartan III's, as evident from the civilian and soldier voice lines in Reach

>Six was the realest motherfucker on Reach right up until he died.
Emile was the realest motherfucker on Reach
>Takes on a squad of elites that ambushed him
>Run through from behind by a stealthed elite
Damn this nigga's dead. A sham-
>"I'm ready! How 'bout you?!"
>While impaled stabs the fucker in the neck with his kukri, and takes him over the railing

>Stacker and Chips Dubbo somehow escaped installation 04
>no spinoff of their shenanigans

>>Run through from behind by a stealthed elite
are you having a stroke?

As much as they loved Halo and the fans doing the same franchise for over 10 years (probably closer to 15 years when you count Combat Evolved development time) had tired them out as they themselves said. People at Bungie wanted to do something different but since MS owned Bungie and MS wanted Bungie to continue doing Halo games for them, they did a deal. Bungie sold Halo franchise to MS in exchange for the studios complete independance, which is kinda ironic that they went and made a 10 year contract with Activision of all companies for Destiny.

MS should've given Bungie a chance to make a new franchise desu, then maybe we'd have a good Destiny game the way it was meant to be.

" Emile, shoots and kills one Elite that lands on top of the control booth of the Mass Driver with his shotgun. As he steps out of the control booth, challenging the other Zealots, a second Elite in active camo, comes up from behind and manages to grab and impale him with an Energy Sword. Calling out his last words, "I'm ready! How 'bout you?!", and being brutally defiant to the end, Emile unsheathed his kukri and stabbed the Elite in the throat. Knocked off balance by the blow, the Zealot fell off the platform, pulling Emile down with him."

Halo Wikia or Halopedia?

>Yup, Certain Affinity really did a good job Doom with multiplayer too

D44M MP is trash even if it was a Halo game

>>everyone and their mother seems to be able to become one

Is that actually true?

When you get to Johnson's age you'll be shitting your pants and be unable to see your dick from the excess fat. Meanwhile, he assisted a legendary supersoldier into obliterating an ancient installation and only died from a completely unexpected attack.

Give him a fucking break

Halopedia, the Halo wikia is made by headcanon type of people and most of the articles are stolen from Halopedia anyway

Thus halo reach is fucking g ugly. Only faggot fan boys that came to halo by halo 3 say it was good cuz >Muh bungie
>Muh credits
Etc.
Also even funnier is that I specifically remember how many people hated reach, but then a new company made a halo game now all of a sudden reach is flawless, gimme a break faggots.

>Is that actually true?
Yes; whereas Spartan-IIs were 50% awesome suit and 50% augmented bodies, Spartan-IVs are basically 100% suit.
They're relatively lightweight compared to S-II's literal ton or so. II's are walking tanks whereas IV's are just fancy marines

I'd like to think they retired to a cushy life. They deserved it.

Not sure why people hated Reach in the first place anyway.

Maybe they were expecting "Fall of Reach the game"?

Are you an idiot? Or do you not canon?
4s suits are better than 2s and the augmentation are more or less the fuckin same, if not better for the 4s since no 50 percent chance of even living.
Why do you think Locke could even stand to chief? Granted he lost, but that's expected from the experience of the chief alone.

>this
Most of their augments are simply for the purpose of wearing the armor. Outside the suits they are little better than a regular spec ops trooper.

Avoid "Halo Nation" like the plague. Lot's of wrong information there.

Halopedia is probably the only good Halo wiki. It's older, more accurate and without Wikia's cancerous mobile look.

Wait, that's not true. S-IV's receive augmentations that are slightly less powerful but much safer than S-IIs. It's not just armor.

Mostly the Canon inconsistencies and cod like game play when halo was trying to be them unlike now where they areally trying to be halo/titanfall.

You guys hate on 343 like they have no idea what they're doing or what Halo is "supposed to be", but isn't 343 made up of a bunch of ex-Bungie people?

Some of the inconsistencies are pretty bad I must say, considering I did bring up Fall of Reach.

But about the gameplay, what part of it was CoD like?

4 was the cod like halo.

That's what makes the lull more prevalent for me because bungee dick riders are just trashing themselves more and more. Which proves my deeply felt point that the halo community is nothing but straight fucking cancer anymore.split by tards who think having a game be simple and for preteens are better than a more complex story. I mean for fucksale sakes most halo "fans" started playing as children anyway so my point is just.

>No signs or hints
Have you even been in the same room as a Halo game? Johnson survived everything up to pretty much the end of 3. He's basically only a step down from Master Chief in terms of badassdom. I'd say that's a pretty good hint that he's not your typical Marine.

Newly brought load outs and sprint, and halo 4 only added on to that because they figured THAT'S WHAT THE COMMUNITY WANTED CUZ
>MUH BUNGIE

Humanity becoming really advanced from studying Covenant tech and being able to make anyone into a Spartan with the IVs. That I don't mind so much.

My main issue is it seems too fast. Like maybe if there was another decade between the events of the chronologically last Bungie and 343's first game it'd feel better.

*lulz

It would take a lot more than that just to make Destiny a good game. There's no way it will ever achieve great.

343i were basically in charge of all canon and other media even when Bungie still had the series.

That is why i love the ending cutscene of Halo 4, the height difference between Palmer and Masterchief... so amazing

The main difference between an SII and an SIV is the suit. The augments perform more or less the same but the SIV's augments are smaller and less intrusive, so they're much less dangerous for whoever's receiving them. That's how tech advances, it gets better, smaller, and cheaper to produce at the same level of quality.

If you put an SIV in an SII suit you'd get a Spartan that'd perform just like an SII. You gotta remember that the SII suits cost the same as a destroyer, it's going to take longer for that to get cheaper to make and thus mass produce. So they mass produce worse suits for now because when you have ten SIVs you'll want to give all of them suits instead of only being able to give just two or three of them suits.

Are they stupid? That "space diaper" is the only slab of metal protecting the junk and ass of Spartans against ballistic weaponry.

>sprint
As a power up which was pretty much always replaced by superior ones, like jet pack, evade or armour lock.

>Loadouts
I can somewhat concede on this, but it wasn't unlock style and weapons were still scattered around the map for convenience.

>the books

You have to remember that the books are never canon to the games. I don't care how good are/were but the people making the games don't care about them when making the games.

They didn't, he did that in MGS2 years before the first halo

Destiny just should have been an online-focused Halo game since that's exactly what it is in just about everything but name.

Spartan IV augmentations are nowhere near close to the crazy scientist shit pumped into Spartan IIs. And because IVs lack the insane muscle and bone tensile strength that IIs have because of their possibly crippling augmentations, their suits are unable to operate at the speeds of the Gen II suits. This is why it's absolutely fucking moronic when Locke was somehow able to fight Chief and not immediately get put into the ground, or how his Mary Sue crew are able to fight sangheili in melee combat when Spartan IIs are considered barely equal to them when inside their suits in terms of physical prowess.

Spartan IIs are hand crafted perfection, Spartan IVs are mass produced garbage that get hand waved by 343 in bullshit scenarios.

>armor lock
>superior
Stop that was as well the most hated part of reach lol

I can't remember where but I did see a Bungie employee talking about Fall of reach, Ghosts of Onyx and it's ilk being canon.

I'll try and find it.

So then this thread is just the typical "ugh. ____ games were so much better before _____."

"Run through" is a legitimate thing when talking about being stabbed.

> MS owned Bungie
>Bungie sold Halo franchise to MS in exchange for the studios complete independance

If MS owned Bungie wouldn't they have already owned everything they owned, including Halo?

343 Halo games are laughably bad. Who the fuck are these Spartans fighting with MC in Halo 5? He is meant to be the last old Spartan ffs.

A lot of old games are better than new ones. And before you call me nostalgiafag, I only recently played a lot of them. Big budget stuff with a team that isn't passionate isn't going to make a good game. When you have like 10 art designers for example there is no strong aesthetic direction behind the game. It's happened with movies where we get decent blockbusters that are all forgettable

No user, technology advanced and now the new suit compensates for everything, SIV are equal if not better than SII.

343i are genius of storytelling.

343 was a mistake

Spartan 4 augmentations are based on the 2s so how the fuck is it not close? Or lyrics difference is the 4s augments actually work 100 percent of the time. Even 3s had virtually indestructible bones with even worse augments than 2s and 4s. 4 augments worse so well on fact, that even fully grown humans are still able to gain height and weight to rival a spartan 2 instead of using a prepubesant for supposedly better results. Don't cry about the story because you want to believe 2s are God like, they are as spartan as 4s and 3s, difference is the suits mostly. Granted 2s obviously would win because experience and all around better reflexes from training to now. Also squad being like families compared to 3s and 4s make 2s just more efficient all around.

>A lot of old games are better than new ones
You also have to remember that there were a ton of old shitty games, we just forgot all about them.

That's why older games are always better, we only remember the gems.

*only
Not 'or lyrics'

That's true but where are the gems of today? I've not played anything I know will be a classic in years

Actually no, according to 343 it's all the suits making up the difference between IVs and IIs. The augmentations are worse.

Also worse is supposed to be *worked
Fucking bitch ass auto correct

You never heard or read "ran him through"? It's a legitimate expression to describe stabbing/impalement.

The 4's seem to have improved/superior versions of the Carbide Ceramic Ossificatio, Muscular Enhancement and vision augments, which makes them just as tough, strong and perceptive (if not more so) as a Spartan 2.

The 4's do not have the same (or at least, the same level of) nervous system augmentation, meaning a Spartan 4's reflexes are most likely more human (top end level for an Olympian, i'd say) and therefore inferior to a Spartan 2's.

They also dont have the Catalytic Thyroid Implant, meaning Spartan 4's are more human size, and they ahve to work a bit harder.

Nigger even 343 said the armor makes up for the lack of augs IV have, SIIs where selected by finger to undergo a fuck ton of augmentations and half of them died, SIV are cheaper because their augmentations are not as extensive.

>The last 2 Bungie Halo games were the last 2 good Halo games
>wew

CUTE

smugposter gets BTFO

I'm sure that's because no one from the army or civies knew there where different kind of Spartans.

why did people like halo at all?
generic sci-fi setting
EXTREMELY generic gameplay
cool main character
interesting enemies
atrocious level-design

Nobody says that. It has already been established that IVs are slightly inferior to IIs. Their augs are inferior but much safer. Sure their armor is better but they are still a step below IIs.

Like two people from Bungie work at 343. Frank O'Connor and some other guy.

Nigger are you just gonna keep saying 343 said it! Or are you gonna read the quote correctly, he said MOST would not stand a chance, doesn't not mean some 4s wouldn't still win without armor, as I said 4s are just as strong just not as fast which matters a fuck ton more than just raw toughness alone.

SIV's training cannot possibly compare to the training the SII's went through. It's more than just the suit.

It's not the first time they got butthurt.

Some of the devs were not at all happy about Halo 3 going free for Gold users for a month because it meant a MASSIVE dip in players for 4.

I was speaking on a pure tech level.

>generic sci-fi setting
If we are talking about high sci fi, maybe.
>EXTREMELY generic gameplay
How can gameplay be generic before the mass market of similar games?
>cool main character
>interesting enemies
I think you answered your own question.
>atrocious level-design
Silent Cartographer wants to speak with you.

someone say gayposting?

Nigger are you daft? I forgot you personally knew everyone in bungie intentions and what they wanted. There were hundreds of peeps in bungie.

>nobody giving a shit about III
>Current Objective: Survive

I gave a shit about them...

I thought by "ran through" he meant some naruto shit where Emile ran into a group of elites with his arms flailing around.

Where does "ran through" come from? It sounds like an aussie thing.

The first games were amazing for their time. And most Halo games either have very good singleplayer (Halo:CE) or very good multiplayer (Halo 5). All games are extremely polished (including the assault-strike tablet games on Steam) with stellar soundtrack.

Also I wouldn't call Halo generic. Sure it has similarities with other things but many designs and ideas are either completely unique or very underused in SF.

It's a standard sword fighting line. You've really never heard a character say, "I'll run you through!" in anything? It's antiquated, but used with pirates or fencers all the time.

Most of these people were twelve or so when they played halo 3 and are barely old enough to even post here. Its just nostalgia wanking.

3 is a worse game than 2, and Reach is even worse than 4. Bungie completely lost their touch, and even Halo 2 suffered from its development process and shit like SMG starts being the default.

>Reach is worse than 4
Opinion discarded. 4 is the worst in the series by far

>3 is a worse game than 2, and Reach is even worse than 4
Halo rankings go like this:
3 = 1 > 2 = ODST > Reach > 5 > 4

C U T E
U
T
E

Excellent taste.

>Silent Cartographer wants to speak with you.
Library respond

No, it really isn't. Halo 4 is at least sort of playable in competitive 4v4 with throwdown. Most of the extraneous bullshit is optional, and at least in that setting Halo 4's problems boil down to a low skill gap because of auto-aim/magnetism/no flag juggling/etc.

But Reach is just, unplayable levels of bad pre-TU. It has one good map (Zealot), and even Zealot has awful dynamic spawns. In fact, Halo4 has better maps simply because its spawn system is way better than Reach's. Its grenades are baby tier easy to use, melee lunge range is huge, bloom exists, automatics suck, the default movespeed is slow as fuck, the default jump height and gravity is low/slow.

The only redeemable aspect of Reach is Invasion, and that only had two maps, and never got any balance updates.

Halo 3 (complete campaign and expanded multiplayer compared to 2)>Halo 2 (the overall jump in scope and quality between CE and 2 is greater than between 2 and 3 3)>Halo: CE> Reach>ODST>Halo 4

I haven't played Halo 5 due to no xbone, quickboosts and mantling in multiplayer looks neato. Pic related from Reach is my life partner in pistol form.

If you don't have a hud how are you supposed to aim that thing?

so why hasnt master queef got himself one of those sweet iv suits to make himself even better if its the suit that compensates for gen 4 lack of augs?

can always try out multiplayer in the PC forge thing, set up your own arena matches with friends

>halo lore

I remember booting up 4 and it had no double team, truly disappointing. Did 5 have double team? Also the armour in 4 was shit

For the money.
They knew exactly what they were getting into.

After Halo 3 MS said to Bungie "yo, Halo is our flagship series for the xbone and we need you to keep making them indefinitely."
Bungie responded "No fuck you it's a trilogy, you aren't fucking with our artistic vision."
So MS say "How about spin offs, they don't fuck with your vision do they?"
And so Bungie make ODST and then Reach, which had the best multiplayer in the series and a decent single player campaign.

But that's still not enough for MS.
"INDEFINITELY YOU FUCKS, WE NEED HALO INDEFINITELY" They screech.
Bungie still tells them to go fuck themselves.
So they say to the Bungie staff "Anyone who wants to come and milk the Halo series until it is a dried husk wanted by no-one, come with us. We'll give you lots of jew golds."

And that is how 343 was born.

One Navy Seal couldn't kill a platoon of marines.

STOP SAYING THIS. ONLY 2 OR 3 BUNGIE EMPLOYEES WORK AT 343 YOU FUCKING RETARD FUCK.

It's still fucking amazing how 343 managed to come our better than bungie and their destiny shit show.

Seriously how in the can a comany as based as bungie turn into fucking ea over night while 343 managed to at least release halo 5 which while not perfect still is pretty fun multiplayer wise.

Activision probably.

S4s are just better trained and better equipped soldiers.

S2s went through serious physical/genetic modifications to be gigantic fuck-you machines. Like, bones broken and stretched and laced with a titanium alloy, Wolverine-style shit.

Activision.
Thanks to Activision, Bungie is a shell of its former self.

My theory is they did it mostly out of spite.
MS owns Halo, not Bungie, something they are extremely butt-hurt about. When they finally had the opportunity to tell MS to go fuck themselves they took it, even though they probably would have been better off stick with MS and making another Halo prequel than going off on their own to make the shit-show that is Destiny.

To be honest when they started planning for Destiny all they really seemed to have in regards to design was a bunch of awesome character concept art.
They that and went "see this guy? Space wizard. Yeh."

They were used to gigantic success after gigantic success with the numbers they were getting with their Halo games. To go from that to Destiny must have hit them pretty hard.

Destiny is basically a cautionary tale about designing a game around some cool pictures one of your artists drew.

The core mechanics of Destiny are actually super solid, but Activision scrapped the original story just a few months from release causing them to cobble shit together, and since then most of the key Bungie people have left.

This, the original writing head left when they ripped apart the game. Now the have high moon working on the expansion packs.

The whole problem with Halo 5 armor is the undersuit and some pieces (about a fifth) that are horrible

you're not supposed to, it's the year 2552, soldiers have had standarized HUDs fro decades, all weapons are synced to the soldier's neural link

To be honest Destiny sucked because they cut the game and rushed it

If Destiny had come out the way it was after The Taken King it would have been GOTY, I've heard the new expansion is even better and refines the game even more, but I haven't played it yet

Go check out some missions of The Taken King, notice how everything looks the way it looked in the artworks before release, unlike Destiny vanilla, which is not only smaller but much simpler and poorly designed

Pic Related: this is how the Citadel was supposed to look like

forgot pic

I don't really care what year it is. If I was designing a gun I would put in some backup iron sights no matter how unlikely it is a soldier's systems would lose power. That's the way a military is supposed to work, redundancies for redundancies in everything.

and this is what is ended up being in Vanilla Destiny

I guess that's the reason every weapon has some sort of ADS system in 2558 (Halo 5)

>>Spartan III
>>no one gave a shit about them
>>most died in suicidal missions
>>Spartan IV
>>loud annoying assholes
>>everyone and their mother seems to be able to become one

Didn't that get explained as the UNSC thought Spartan 1/2's were too expensive to be worthwhile and went for the cheaper options who weren't nearly as capable?

Got anymore comparisons? Would love to see what was cut down for size what kept their original vision.

give me a couple of minutes, I know there was some pre-release artwork from 2012 that ended up being ingame without any downgrade in The Taken King but I can't fin the image right now

this is artwork form 2012

and this is from the Assault called The Sunless Cell in The Taken King (2015)

Pretty much all of TTK feels like "Ok, Activision fucked us everywhere else, this needs to be right"

In the past 5 years? The darkness 2 maybe but thats about it.

I wanna say all levels in halo 2 had good deaign but I don't remember enough honestly

Close. Switch odst and 1. Man i think i. Gonna go replay it again now

yeah

watch from 6:20 to 7:30
youtube.com/watch?v=8dCyyeBQhPU

That's how Destiny was supposed to be all the time

Maybe MS owned Halo through a partnership contract with Bungie.

So is destiny good now? I liked borderlands 1 and 2

Thats not how that works. They owned the company strictly with monetary purposes. Meaning they provided developing money and then Bungie paid them back basically. Bungie still owned their original ideas

Wasnt there some interview where they hired people for 343 who did not like halo

Is that from reach?

Those textures are terrible... holy shot... and i just recently played Halo Online and now H3 doesnt have textures that horrific.

gamasutra.com/view/feature/191234/making_halo_4_a_story_about_.php?page=3

"We hired people who hated Halo"

If you got people it's fine, but don't buy anything other than the last complete edition (cheapest version of it)

If you don't have any hurry I'd recommend you wait 'till it's about 30-40€ max

I have played every Halo since day one, and feel like many on here halo reach's campaign was best/ most fun. Halo 1 - 3 were great too but I just didn't like the campaigns in 4 and never even finished 5. I agree 343 fucked up the series and I have no interest in the series with the characters they introduced and forced you to play.

>they introduced
The whole problem is that they didn't introduce anyone

Buck, Vale and Tanaka were interesting in thier respective stories, it's just that Halo 5 was written by one of the worst writers to ever live: Brian Reed

If anyone else had written the script without even changing the plot, then the game would have been incredible

More like:
3=1 > Reach > ODST > 2 >>>>>>>>>>> 5 > 4

Yeah that was pretty much the gist of it. Spartan IIIs were super cheap and we're never meant to become public knowledge since they were essentially suicide squads sent in by the hundreds to overwhelm major targets and detonate nukes in key covenant facilities.

The beginning of Ghosts of Onyx had something like 300 S3s orbital dropped to take out a covenant refueling station. Fucking two survived.

Also S3s were notoriously unstable, and generally wouldn't last more than a couple missons anyway before going off the deep end.

>Halo 4
>Good in some places, bad in others, a good first step for 343. Decent new music, emotional story (it was good, fuck you casual faggots who don't read books), decent multiplayer and different, but promising art direction except for some horrible armors. Felt like Halo
>Halo 5
>fucking TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASHwhat the FUCK did you do 343?
Like honestly, what the fuck were you thinking with the story? And the awful, egg sloshing spartan sound effects? And the shit OST, which you somehow managed to fuck up even though the composer made one of the best Halo tracks in Halo 4. What the fuck, oh my god I hate what happened to Halo.

They have two steps design for the story

First they get experts in Halo lore and writters to figure out what would be a decently realistic advance in the plot

Then they give the resulting plot to the lead writer, who writes the script on his own

Their lead writer is Brian Reed, best known for ruining any comic he got his hands on with the most awful writing the comic industry has ever seen

>ODST & Reach good
Kill yourself

gotta remember that arrow user

Halo 3 looked better than Reach. Why they would tone done the fucking color palette and added film grain is beyond me.

This

just imagine how terrifying that would be if you were some random grunt still stuck on Reach

This

Bungie's fall started with ODST in 09, the way things were going from then through 2010, it was only a matter of time before their shit hit the fan.

>ODST and then Reach, which had the best multiplayer in the series and a decent single player campaign
Yeah, kill yourself

Halo 3 > Halo CE > Halo 2 > Halo 5 > Halo 4

ODST and Reach weren't worth mentioning.

>Overall

Halo 3 > 2 > ODST, CE, Reach, 5 , 4

>Multiplayer only

Halo 3 > 2 > Reach > 5 > CE > ODST > 4

>Campaign

ODST > 2 > CE > Reach > 3 > 4 > 5

>343 Halo
Not even once

So is there a canon reason for Johnson being pretty much invincible until his death? How did he survive the first Halo blowing up while hugging an Elite?

So what you're saying is that soldiers of lesser quality than Spartan-II's are able to be trained in larger quantities after decades or refinement of the process? Amazing.