How come the "Witcher 3 is GOTY!" Cred Forums meme didn't save it?

>Current Skyrim players:

>Current Witcher 3 players:

>People would still rather be playing Skyrim than Witcher 3

According to Cred Forums, a bad game like Skyrim should have lost its appeal a long time ago. How come that isn't actually the case, and can someone explain this phenomenon? But more importantly, how come Witcher 3 doesn't have as good mod tools as Skyrim?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Ov_0q0gN4UshwKbKGCTUFg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

people like me still play skyrim because i can play as a furry little girl who gets fucked by canines

Skyrim is an actual RPG you can mess around with. Witcher 3 is just Ass Creed with dialouge choices.

Really makes you think

>why did witcher 3 lose its appeal
>why doesn't witcher have as good mod tools
I think you answered your own question.

Why do people make bait threads?

mods

Go to bed Bull

skyrim is superior game and better RPG overall

I know people are gonna meme, but if we're talking ROLE PLAYING GAMES here, Skyrim beats the Witcher series outright

They both are action adventures and Skyrim is awlful action and mediocre adventure.
It always has more players because literal autists and anal vore mods.

It's because the witcher has always been a mediocre series and no amount of graphics will change it's core gameplay

Skyrim at the very least is still an RPG

everyone ITT saying something about "mods" is an idiot

Oblivion, as butt ugly as it is, is still a more hardcore and better thought out RPG than Witcher 3

One has a lot of underage kids who touch themselves with ultra naughty cow lizards and dogs.
The other has gentlemen.

Oh yes, autoleveling bandits in glass armor is so hardcore.

Skyrim
>can run on a potato
>steam workshop
>game price reduced already

Witcher 3
>requires mid range pc to get 30 fps
>no steam workshop
>game price not reduced yet

Witcher 3 is still better though.

But Skyrim has the major advantage of being an RPG, people can continue playing Skyrim simply because there's things they've never done, or ways they've never played.

The Witcher has always been just an action adventure game, when you play through TW3 once you have what, one more way to play through the game?

no, it's really not

A lot of people bought the game on gog.

Skyrim has an autistic modding base Witcher doesnt

Witcher 3 sold half of its copies on GoG, Skyrim is Steam exclusive

Also you autistic nigger how often do you want to open the same threads?

To get you to reply, retard.

How can a game with
worse graphics
worse ingame choices
worse story
worse combat system
worse overworld
worse atmosphere

be a better rpg?

>Skyrim is Steam exclusive
Skyrim was also sold in physical copies

Some games don't need saving or making excuses for user, TW3 is one of them.

>Some games don't need saving
>TW3 is one of them
I agree, let that turd flush.

Skyrim has autistic furry modding and

>witcher is only on steam and can't be nowhere else

>the major advantage of being an RPG

A shit RPG. All the NPCs are robotic as fuck. At least The Witcher 3 actually has a slew of different endings.

GO and play an actual RPG, retard.

Really Cred Forumsirgin?
You'll now seriously start to argue that Skyrim is the better game?

Modding is not Skyrim.
Its modding.

not him, but a game with worse everything can be a better RPG because you can actually create an entirely new character, as where every time you play through the witcher you're always Geralt.

Also, the witcher is not an RPG, it's an action adventure game

>How come that isn't actually the case, and can someone explain this phenomenon?

I'm not going to play Witcher because I can't stand 3rd person camera and I don't like fancy, combo, spinny-moves, kung-fu, back-flip combat.

Skyrim has 1st-person camera and mods to fix all the shitty design. The hand-to-hand combat could be way better but at least it's not break dancing with a sword in 3rd person view.

Your loss

I agree, it was a huge loss of my time.

Skyrim is the better its much more immersive, animations and even the shit combat are not as shit as in w3.
Wont matter in two months anyway when we get the first open world game with actual good animations and combat

Witcher: linear story bullshit non-game barely interactive movie

Skyrim: open non-linear actual game (more a FPS with RPG elements than an RPG though)

Witcher is Cred Forums material, Skyrim is Cred Forums.

It doesn't matter what names you call skyrim, it's still an RPG all around, and that's why it will always be better than the witcher

skyrim doesn't need mods to become an RPG, it's an RPG by nature

>Skyrim
>there's things they've never done
Skyrim is the same copy pasta.

If you have seen one village, one dungeon, one Dragon and one bandit camp, you have seen 95 % of the game.
The Skyrim combat is even worse.
And the mods are not really good. Either they need a huge amount of resources or are not comparible with your game version/other mods.

The only advantage Skyrim has against The Witcher 3 are nude mods and that's it. If I only think about the loading screens to enter and leave a simple house I want to instantly delete Skyrim.

>all this terrible bait

Go figure, more people enjoy eating shit if they can convince themselves it's their choice because it's open world

I don't like Skyrim much but at least I could play for more than 2 hours.
Witcher 3 is my one and only buyer's remorse. Shit game.

The villain is absolute garbage but you can basically roleplay as any character you want in Skyrim, like in classic tabletop RPG games. In Witcher you will always play as Geralt.

>replying to it

Because witcher 3 is garbage and panders to the cinematic audience. Its gameplay is the worst and its story can just be watched on youtube despite also being incredibly cliche.

skyrim at least tries to be a game

>If you have seen one village, one dungeon, one Dragon and one bandit camp, you have seen 95 % of the game.
no you haven't
>And the mods are not really good.
mods don't matter

>if I call it "bait" then it becomes invalid!
no it doesn't

>ROLE PLAYING GAMES
>every NPC treat you like you are nord warrior

I'm not calling it bait, I'm calling him retarded.

>At least The Witcher 3 actually has a slew of different endings.

According to you, this is a hardcore RPG because it has a ton of different endings

>comparing witcher 3 to skyrim
Honestly it's like comparing MGSV to Skyrim.

>A shit RPG. All the NPCs are robotic as fuck. At least The Witcher 3 actually has a slew of different endings.

But it's role-playing as anything you want vs. role-playing as Geralt. You can only play as Geralt. In Witcher you can't create your character and play style. Skyrim has near endless possibilities for replayability.

>you will never be OP

>huge loss

So you spent a lot of time in a game you hate so much?

13 hours forming my own opinion. I feel more sorry for the hivemind who tells themselves it was good, though.

/thread

>mods don't matter

They matter to the point of this thread. Why does Skyrim have more players that Witcher at this point?

Simple: Mods. Mods can be really good, add some great adventures and create amazing eyecandy, which increases replayability hundredfolds.

>calling "/thread" after 51 posts
>even when the post you're replying to has been disproven

>They matter to the point of this thread
no they don't, because saying they did would imply that mods are the entire reason people play skyrim.

>people seriously responding to TheBull94

>Mods can be really good
Yes. If we are talking about NWN modules. Skyrim mods are garbage.

Sure but why do they care if i reply?

Why does doing something equate caring every time there's butthurt on the internet? It's funny to make people annoyed, that's it.

Aight.

Only non retard itt

But.. that IS the entire reason people are still playing Skyrim today.

>being so BTFO over the success of witcher 3 that you make the same thread every day for more than a year

it's okay user, bloodborne will always be GOTY in your heart

>Leaving out user score
>not accounting for those who purchased the superior, DRM free GoG version

Really makes you think.

No it's not, skyrim is an RPG by default

>Skyrim was also sold in physical copies
That gave you nothing but a steam key. I know because I bought it at midnight and then had to go home and download the fucking game.

I'm not refuting that Skyrim is an RPG or not, I'm not the same user that's sperging about W3 being a better RPG.

But Skyrim has such a high amount of current players because of mods, not because it's an RPG.

Skyrim being an RPG gives replayability. Skyrim's good mod support gives it even MORE replayability that stretches way beyond what just being an RPG does.

>DRM free GoG version
>he doesn't realize that GoG is DRM

>Cred Forums genuinely saying Skyrim is better than W3

Jesus Christ this place has gotten bad. Witcher 3 has some of the most terrible combat I've ever played but it's nowhere near as bad as the extremely casualised garbage that is Skyrim.

The point still stands.

Listen, it's clear you have a deep hatred of skyrim for reasons unknown, no matter how many times you say skyrim is only popular because of mods it's not going to make it true.

Lol, because forcing you to play against enemies at your level +-5 levels range is any better?

It's still level scaling at the end of the day

>it's nowhere near as bad as the extremely casualised garbage that is Skyrim
Casual will always be better than nonfunctioning.

>you can basically roleplay as any character you want in Skyrim

>I wanted to be a cook who sells my goods on a competitive market
>I gather most of the ingredients on my own, even big game
>Learn and prepare everything you possibly can cook
>It's not worth the hassle, you barely make any coin that lets you pay for all that expensive furniture you need to have a decent house, and I'm not even including the cost of the house.

DON'T FUCKING LIE

>Want to destroy the thief guild because I'm against thievery
>LOL YOU CAN'T

>My race never has any baggage for me as a player, even though npcs are all living daily racial tensions with other species, but mostly those stupid nords

>Can't even be a bouncer for a trader caravan

>this place has gotten bad
and by that you mean less Cred Forumsdrones visit this board these days

confirmed for never playing witcher 3

Actually I have a very tsundere relationship with Skyrim - I want to dislike it because at its base it isn't that great, but I've spent so much time and had so much fun with it, I can't help but love it.

It's popular because it's a high budget RPG game, and it sold very well because it's a solid title. However, the true replayability lies in the mods, and the reason people are playing it 5 years after release is because mods increase replayability to the point where it can still have thousands of active players.

>I can't do these specific things, therefor it's not an RPG!

Literally finished it with both DLC campaigns

Any enemy 5 levels higher than you gets a bullshit damage shield.

>"you can basically roleplay as any character you want in Skyrim"
>you can't, actually
>AHAHAHA OH WOW

get shrekt bethdrone

>you can basically roleplay as any character you want in Skyrim
>except those things!
>but you can do anything else

Shut the fuck up you gigantic faggot.
Either you can roleplay or you can't, there's no fucking inbetween.

>moving goalposts

you're still wrong which is even funnier

Exactly my point. You can only be Dragonborn in Skyrim, in the same way you are Slav Raiden in W3, so the role playing features are pretty much limited to the same.
Skyrim lets you branch out a little, but it can't even commit to it.

You can't even be a proper guild leader. They give you the title, but you continue to be their errand boy

It's 2016 already. Heck, it's almost 2017.
No matter how many times you repost this thread, you can't change the fact that TW3 was a GOTY in 2015.

Good to know you have no retort.

Witcher 3 is an inferior game, you play it once and you shelf it because the gameplay is shit.

Not even mad anymore. Keep doing this Bull. It is clear that pretending to be retarded is the absolute best way to get yous on Cred Forums.

My retort to both your claims is: you're wrong and clearly haven't played the game.

>he resorts to namecalling

>roleplaying means I can LITERALLY anything
No it doesn't, retard. He also said "basically", which is not a term that covers EVERYTHING

>he does the main quest every time he plays
also, there is a MASSIVE difference between always being the same title and always being the same character

The Dragonborn can be anyone
Geralt Whatever can only be Geralt Whatever

He's right though, enemies 5 levels higher get damage reduction

Never played witcher, but skyrim is a shit game that has lost all meaning. Modded skyrim however is the best sex sandbox that has ever been created

Didnt skyrim got rerelease few months ago?

So "basically anything" to you and the other drooling retard means what?

Dragonborn Hunter?
Dragonborn Thief?
Dragonborn Warrior?
Dragonborn Mage?
Dragonborn "every fucking decision I make in this insufferable game means LITERALLY nothing"?

Kill yourself you cancerous piece of garbage, calling a Skyrim an RPG is the same as calling The Sims and fucking city building simulator.

No one would play skyrim if it wasn't for mods.

It's a fact.

I haven't played any of the Witcher, and even I can tell you haven't played at least the third one.
I have a savefile for Skyrim with over 200 hours and I haven't even got to slay the first Dragon Myrmy-whathisface, and I can tell you, Skyrim only has something to offer you if you are a completionist who wants to fill all of the checkboxes, which is fine, but ultimately, you have to become the Dragonborn and you don't have a choice on the matter, you can reject the task, but the game won't take you anywhere or let you be anything more than a glorified errand boy/girl/cat/lizard.

You can't even have a past established for your character, might as well have it come out of the vagina before being beheaded, it would make the same sense.

And FO:NV lets you do that, let me remind you. And you have more choices to the outcome of the world you're living in

You got a mods list user?

There are no classes in skyrim, what your character is is entirely up to your own narrative
>every fucking decision I make in this insufferable game means LITERALLY nothing
wrong, there are plenty of decisions that change the outcome of a quest.

>I can tell you haven't played at least the third one.
I have though
>you can reject the task, but the game won't take you anywhere or let you be anything more than a glorified errand boy/girl/cat/lizard.
That's completely wrong through, you can still join the dawnguard, you can still roam around skyrim, the only things you can't do as a non-dragonborn is kill alduin and visit Solstheim
>You can't even have a past established for your character
Well since you admit you have no creativity whatsoever, there's no point in continuing this conversation

This is my final reply to you

And how many of those quests affect the world around you?

And besides, the fact that there are no classes doesn't means jack shit, the skill trees available to you and still incredible simplistic and limited.

Do you have this whole thing saved to word so you can just spam it on Cred Forums every other week?

>And how many of those quests affect the world around you?
all of them
>the skill trees available to you and still incredible simplistic and limited
So? The perk trees don't limit you, they don't dictate what you're allowed to do

>all of them
Quit bullshitting

>don't dictate what you're allowed to do
Yes they do, by their very nature they're restrictive, because other than the combat trees and maybe 1 or 2 quality of life trees there's nothing else.
They don't add your characters role, they simply exist as a gameplay aspect rather than one that deepens and fleshes out both the character and the world around them.

Game price not reduced yet.... Dude it's been like 50% off at least 3-4 times now

>Quit bullshitting
I'm not, but you'd have no idea because you've never played the game before
>Yes they do
Like I said, you've never played this game before, the perk trees do not decide how you fight or what you wear.

This is my final reply to you

Played enough to know you're full of shit.