Playing as evil character in video game = being a bad person irl

Playing as evil character in video game = being a bad person irl

Prove me wrong, you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5RsBnd7GFdM
soundcloud.com/johnjdick/sam-rant
trashdump.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2470
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A lot of people enjoy playing the under populated or underpowered factions ( usually the bad guys). Every casual wants to be the hero.

Not doing multiple playthroughs including an evil one for variety = being a casual irl

>bentosmile.com
Wow, I wasted 15 minutes of my life playing the games on this website. Hope the creator dies.

Playing as a successful hero doesn't make anyone successful. See: most lowlife neets in this board

Playing a character that gets killed in a video game = you getting killed in real life

Prove me wrong, you can't

I wouldn't go that far, but I do get a bad feeling in my stomach when I've tried an evil play-through. I know it's silly; NPC's are just ones and zeroes, but picking bullying dialogue choices and doing mean things just feels really unpleasant. The only time I'm having fun is being a moralfag hero who helps everyone and saves the day.

>OP is so underage he doesn't know what "RPG" stands for
lel

Same thing here user

>Pushing a button to one set of pixels destroy another set of pixels is the same as killing a living human

Really now?

user, You know all those monsters you slaughter have families too?
Why do you feel good when you're murdering families?

It's in self-defense, so it's all fine.

What the fuck was that garbage

Why should I care about proving an idiot like you wrong?

Evil playthroughs are self defense too.
Hitler did nothing wrong. Defending your people against Jewblins is okay.

Glad I'm not alone. The interesting games are were your choices are more ambiguous. Is it better to preserve a lie when the truth would cause great suffering? Should a father who murders the man who molested his children be punished? Should a starving kid who steals food be punished? Is it better to save the life of a skilled doctor (who you know will save many lives in turn) than to save the lives of ten unskilled people?

The monsters were killing innocents.

Is that how you justify murder?

what if i play good and evil

Yes. Ideally the monsters would be captured and sent to prison for reform. But in the heat of the moment you rarely have that option. Given the choice of saving the life of an innocent and the life of an aggressor, I go with the former.

((((((((( Goblins )))))))))

But you're not making a choice. You're going on instinct which is to murder. You could've just used a blunt weapon but no. Knocking them out isn't good enough. They have to DIE LIKE THE FILTHY VERMIN THEY ARE.

Let's say I break a monsters leg with a blunt weapon, and turn around to fight his companion, only to get a dagger thrown in my back by the injured but not incapacitated monster. Had I just killed him, I would have survived.

>has a category for "non-games"
>this isn't in that category

>You could've just used a blunt weapon
Now wait a minute. Using blunt weaponry is no guarantee of survival on their part. Within the moment, given the combination adrenaline, trying to prevent somebody else from dying, and trying to make sure I don't die as well, it's entirely possible something like a hammer or small club could easily kill somebody. In fact, you'd be amazed at how easily it is to accidentally kill somebody even with a strong punch.

Now, if capturing or detaining was the goal, something like a tranq or taser would work best, but depending on the creature in question, there's no guarantee that would take them down before they do grievous harm to the victim.

Maybe that's how the monsters feel about your 'innocents'.
I know empathy isn't a heroes strong point as they'd rather just murder everything they see without seeing both sides of the coin.

At least it would be an attempt made. How can you consider yourself 'good' if you don't even try to save lives?

I don't feel like playing this. Someone else who wasted their time please tell me what happens in it.

>Prove me wrong

I play bad guys in video games all the time and I am an astoundingly average individual.

What do I win.

>Maybe that's how the monsters feel about your 'innocents'

The monsters were clad in armor and had weapons. The innocents had nothing more than the clothes on their backs.

>At least it would be an attempt made. How can you consider yourself 'good' if you don't even try to save lives?
But what of something like a skeleton, ghostly armor, or golem? In those cases, blunt weaponry could easily be more deadly and would have a higher chance of permanent disfigurement for them.

There you go

youtube.com/watch?v=5RsBnd7GFdM

Saved you from downloading some meaningless MBs.

You're the big bad wolf.

A fox tells you it's cool to kill people and you should.

You run into Little Red Riding Hood and she calls you a cunt.

You walk down a path and the wolf complains about how shitty he feels.

You enter grandma's house and she calls you a jerk.

You kill her by pressing a button prompt, then hang her intestines, boil her teeth, and drain her blood with more button prompts.

Red Hood comes in and calls you a cunt, then you kill her with another button prompt.

Then the word "WIN" appears at the bottom of the screen and the game ends.

It's not worth the 30 seconds it takes to play it, don't worry.

>no rape red riding hood with my big bad wolf dick

shit game would not play 0/10

>not stealing the words out of the golem
Non-living entities need not apply to logic.
And have been laying traps in forests for millenia to kill them.

Ah, okay, so the Wolf did literally nothing wrong. Thanks lads

Why would I transfer my IRL traits into a game like that? I mean many people do but I don't know why.

I can't/shouldn't risk my life IRL so I will risk it virtually. (this is why I don't get sniper faggots)
I shouldn't be evil IRL so I will see how it is virtually.

I think the only mind who is not interested in it atleast this way - is that of a boring fuck without any sense of questing.

That's not how it works you mongoloid. The monsters made their choice and attacked the innocents, attacked them unprovoked and while better armed and prepared. They had a choice not to do it and live peacefully, trading or cooperating and they chose to slaughter instead. When they chose to do it, that's when they forfeited their right to live, unless they throw down their arms and surrender.

because it was fun c:

>Non-living entities need not apply to logic.
Now wait a minute, if it's something that has some degree of self-awareness and intelligence, don't we owe it some degree of respect, as well? Should intelligent automatons or wailing ghosts be willfully slaughtered, or do they not count within the constructs of monsters that deserve compassion? Are you then defining that some monsters are fully okay to kill even in extreme prejudice or instances of them not aggressing others or generally being a nuisance, but others aren't and should be preserved regardless of whom they attempt to harm? If some skele haunting a graveyard gets his arm stolen by hooligans, is it not within his right to get his spooky fucking arm back?

Nobody thinks they're a bad person. If you think you're a bad person, how do you go on living?

>If you think you're a bad person, how do you go on living?

you fuck the pain away

>If you think you're a bad person, how do you go on living?

>people insert themselves into games and their actions reflect the kind of person they are
Shit even as a moralfag in games I wouldn't do any of the good stuff protags usually go through. People can sort our their own fucking errands, and no way am I putting myself in danger just to go retrieve some shit that got stolen.

There are people who are self aware but they don't care, simple as that.
You honestly think corrupt governments think themselves as righteous? No, they just don't give a fuck.

What an idiotic question. Because your body continues to live regardless of your sentiments and many lack the courage to end it willfully.

That's exactly how an heroes mind works.
MONSTERS ARE IN THE WRONG KILL THEM ALL.
What makes you think that the situation is what you're told by faggot biased peasant #2151?
You trust the words of a peasant? LAUGHINGSEAMSTRESSES.JPG

None of those have intelligence. They're basically programmed magics.

>living
We merely exist user.

Well the monsters certainly didn't stop to explain themselves either, so I'll trust someone who cares to talk first before going around murdering.

if you were actually a bad person, why would you necessarily feel bad over doing bad things?

>None of those have intelligence.
>A suffering ghost has no intelligence
>An intelligent, self-aware robot has no intelligence
So, basically, you're a speciesist. You're okay with some monsters being killed, but others are a no-go zone regardless of circumstances.

>Ending it
>Courage
It's actually cowardice of the highest order.

that image reminds me of asscastle a bit

By that logic you're a soldier under hitler. "JEWS ARE BAD."
OKAY I KILL ALL. ME HERO.
Thank you for verifying you are indeed not 'good'.

Never claimed to be a hero. But doesn't change the fact that they cannot think for themselves therefor are not sentient beings.
I bet you don't even eat because killing plants is abhorrent to you. OH WAIT.

Go prove it.

Depends entirely on who you ask. For some death is just a fleeting thought that has no real weight or presence in their lives and these people usually discard their lives easily. Others are terrified of death and the great unknown is the scariest thing they can comprehend. Going down to face it of your own volition would take an enormous amount of mental fortitude for someone like that.

>nobody thinks they're a bad person
Is the key. You may be perceived as bad by others, but you're still the hero of your own life. If you truly, without a shadow of a doubt, with no subconscious contradictions, believe yourself and your life to be irredeemable, why continue to exist?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?

>why continue to exist?

Spite.

>I bet you don't
Now where did I even state my own personal policies on this kind of stuff? I may be completely fine with murderraping monsters.

My problem comes with clearly defining the policies since if this is something you want to enforce and establish, we need clear ground rules. Attempting to work under the construct that we should save every monster or only some monsters some of the times will create issues in the long run, and may create problems of segregation or furthered agression against monsters and humans

At what point is a monster no longer a monster that deserves your help? Is something like a hive-mind based creature not deserve the same wills and rights as another monster because, individually, they have no real though process without the hive? How about some kind of lower intelligence, goblin-like creature that can't really speak but is intelligent enough to use tools such as knives and spears?

But you are on their cave slaughtering their kind just because you heard rumors of rare loot in it

This user gets it.

They don't have famalies. They're just pixels.
People pay sixty dollars just to have a different set of pixels on their screen when they can just watch TV for random pixels.
People pay twenty dollars on DLC just to get a slight variation of pixels on their screen.
Hardcore gamers waste hours getting good just to alter the pixels that occur when the play a game.
It's all a fucking waste of time.

Evil is the only legitimate way to play.

Fags.

So they live on with the hope that if they just continue to hold on, something good might come of it eventually.

No, they enjoy it.

The problem is the lack of even trying to help. Blindly following 'justice' like a tool. A blatent disregard for the possibility that you may be being deceived.
Something that cannot think is nothing more than a natural(or possibly unnatural) disaster.

Can you sweet talk a river into turning into a lake?

There may be ways to 'change' their behaviour but that doesn't make it right. You could probably consider it some kind of slavery.

Something that can think in any actual way should still deserve some kind of thought before been mindlessly savaged by anyone.
The problem that these heroes create is millennia of murder on both sides due to their lack of intelligence.

THEY'RE JUST PIXELS?
PEOPLE ARE 'JUST' MOLECULES. HOW IS THAT ANY DIFFERENT. YOU DISGUST ME.

soundcloud.com/johnjdick/sam-rant

I think if I was a bad person I COULD actually go on living.
Its exactly reluctance to abuse, manipulate, exploit and take advantage of others that stops me from reaching my goals.
I've been mad at my parents for instilling good morals in me for over a decade now.

>Playing childish games where you even have a choice between "good and evil"

>posting on a website for cheese pizza
topkek

I assume that means you don't understand.
You are underage and shouldn't be here. Go eat some /cake/.

> not being a pacifist

>bad karma
Get everything for free because you steal it
Jew the helpless out of their last money because you always want your bounty
Achieves goals through raw mindless power

>good karma
Always have to be selfless and do without bounties
Need high diplomacy skills and find peaceful solutions for problems
Need to do everything the legit way

"Evil" players are just lazy and/or edgy teens

Every single RPG should adopt Lords of the Fallen's lack of a morality system.

>No good/eviil, blue/red Mass Effect bullshit.
>Just choices and consequences.

Fucking ants have more self-awareness than most programs.

I tried to talk with Creator, but his twitter is closed and he doesn't reply. :(

What's up kiddies? It hit too close to home?

killing in a videogame = being a murderer irl or at best be a mentally ill person that should get cured

Prove me wrong. Wait, you can't you fucking psychos.

> What's up kiddies? It hit too close to home?

I actually liked one of his games. I just wanted to ask him a question. :(

>Prove me wrong, you can't
We don't have to, you haven't provided proof for your position.

Toby Fox pls go.

Faux fur is still murder. Free all NPCs

Playing Germans in a WW2 strategy game
Literally Hitler

Yoshikage Kira just wanted a quiet life

Toby Fox isn't allowed to go until he finishes Hard Mode.

> finishes Hard Mode

I want to impregnate that cat

People like that basically cope with it by being on drugs/drunk permanently.

A while ago I saw an interview with an ex-killer of the mexican drug mafia.
He had basically no remorse whatsoever for the people he killed but even he felt bad if they had to torture + kill women and one time almost killed his wife in his sleep because he was having nightmares.

Not the first, I must say.

trashdump.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2470

>ywn have a cute anthro cat waifu

sheeit, I must be a pro racer and lawyer just because I play need for speed and phoenix wright

I always want to play as an evil character, but on the rare occasions when the game isn't making evil retarded, or throws shit on you for being evil, then I never have the heart to go trough with being evil

>playing evil characters/evil playthroughs
Don't tell me you actually do this, Cred Forums.

Playing as Shang Tsung in the Mortal Kombat games was great for my ADD. Can't pick a character? Be all of them!

The worst I can do is lawful evil.

Chaotic evil is just retarded.