Trying to plug in my PS4 but this is the only outlet available

Trying to plug in my PS4 but this is the only outlet available.

It's an iPhone wall charger

How do I get this out of the wall socket without killing myself?

I don't have the ability to cut power to the outlet, unfortunately.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q&ab_channel=TomScott
youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You need to eat the Gomu-Gomu no Mi.

It's AC, so if you time it right can touch the power lines when it's at 0 Volts. It's at 50Hz though, so good luck.

Have you tried gripping the plastic tabs and just pulling it out? Wear rubber gloves to prevent a shock.
Also, what a fucking stupid design for a socket. If it had a switch on it to isolate it then you wouldn't have even thought about this "problem".

Turn off power to the room
Install ac outlet
Turn power back on

just turn it off at the wall before removing it

Bit hard to tell, but if you connect where those two black wires are to your ps4 power cable, that should fire it up.

What the fuck did the socket look like before you tore it apart? Is an odd design

The socket isn't torn apart, a broken charger is still stuck in it.

>Cred Forums - Electrical Engineering

RIP OP

Yes I am an electrician.
Yes I play videogames.
Don't hit on me silly anons.

Ahh, it's obvious now you've said it. The way the shadow/reflection is I though the inner part was into the wall rather than a flat plastic plate.

wrap your hands in electrical tape

do a barrel roll

what the fuck am I looking at OP? More pics from less retarded angles.

>C2015
>Not master race Zen

how does it feel to be a pleb?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT DO YOU PEOPLE NOT HAVE POWER SWITCHES ON YOUR SOCKETS IN AMERICA?
??????????????

people really mount usb chargers on the wall?

thats retarded

Australia is actually one of the only countries on earth that do that bro.

pic related - ausfag sparkie here.

Water beats electricity, so I'll let you put two and two together

I want to see one of those pictures with 3p sockets.

>all those retarded designs.
America may have its stupid ethics and morals, but atleast we got electrical outlets right.

>tfw living in a '70s American house

rubber handled pliers OP use gloves for extra protection if you must

is that an american outlet? why dont they have an isolation switch?

Why is swiss outlet so happy

>implying Australia/China is not the supreme design, closely followed by the UK for various not so obvious reasons.

youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q&ab_channel=TomScott

German design is really the best in europe

>Even their electrical outlets have angry faces
You can't make that shit up

>SWISS

american education

>UK and their ridiculous oversized plugs
>Good

Fuck you.

Looking at that picture, spaghettis plugs look like the best.

>angry american socket

because it's not 120V

Just use a fork or a knife or something to pry it out. As long as ju jump when you do it you won't be electrocuted.

> angry

It's obviously blushing because it knows you're about to stick it in.

even the chinese outlet looks like a chink

As a Spaghetti I can tell you that they are really compact so you can have more of them per wall socket.

grab plastic tabs with pliers

otherwise you arent going to get shocked unless you complete the circuit, so just dont touch both those wires and use your hands

but muh internal fuses!

I only agree with the switch being right next to the outlet. That actually seems more efficient...until it accidentally gets bumped.

I agree with UK plugs are way too oversized. Also, what's the fucking point of having a fucking fuse in them?

so is nothing grounded in japan

""""""""Safety""""""""

these things are the fucking worst when the shutters get jammed

thats fucking retarded
im glad i dont live in an electrically illiterate shithole

Ever heard of TN-C?

yeah. via the neutral line ;)

>I don't have the ability to cut power to the outlet, unfortunately.
Why?

think they got different standards

but muh safety! EVERYTHING MUST BE EARTHED EVEN IF ITS MADE OF PLATIC!!

I'd assume it's in public/sharehouse

Just find your fuse box god damn

So if by chance something happens you fry a cheap component in the cable instead of the expensive equipment on the other end of that cable?

Terrible amirite? Better just use ungrounded plugs for errything like the US.

Sockets with three holes have an earth in them, which makes them safer. Not sure what it's like in America but in Europe there are just the two live connectors so you can eat shit if you're not too careful.
South Africa's socket can be used by both big UK-esque plugs with internal fuses and earth connectors, and EU plugs.

What said and also so that they can jew you out of another £1 when one of them blows inexplicably.
Since they're flat on the back they're about 3000000x more likely to be on the floor with the connectors sticking up, so when you step on them, 9 times out of 10 you getting a free ride in an ambulance.

Or, you know, have an amp-limiting CB that cuts power in the event of a fault current?

Hey hey, check this - several safety layers are actually safer than one and entirely positive for you so you have no reason to bitch.

we have that too
fun to be double safe though, right?

Everything device that needs a fuse already has one inside.
And even if, there is a lot of things which don't need a fuse. For example, why would a fucking extension cord need a fuse?

>but in Europe there are just the two live connectors so you can eat shit if you're not too careful.

I think you may be part of another europe where you are all savages.

Oh boy let me show you all these very spessul UK plug features , oh most of them already exist in other countries and they fit into a smaller space, oh but the uk plug is the best x-DDD

Use a fork, preferably after washing your hands first.

No seriously it's probably not worth it.

So you just didn't read or understand my point there?
Because I'm referring you to my earlier answer again, it still applies.

Fuggit, lets just use long, malleable fuses instead of copper wire. better safe than sorry XD

>britfags will defend this level of wiring standard

>yfw that would objectively good if it was cheap enough to produce

I'm sorry user you dislike safety measures, go take a dip with your electronics now.

What is the story behind Switzerland and Huezil sharing plug designs>?

>high standards are a bad thing
>the bare minimum is good enough
Hello, third-worlder.

I live in Japan so can give a bit of insight.

Around the house, whitegoods (fridge, microwaves, washing machines) and airconditioners (which are often 200V and 15/20A) typical require grounding.

The only other things I have which have ground pins are my desktop PC and monitors, which I actually had to go out of my way and get an electritian to come and install earthed sockets for.

Additionally, there isn't always a pin but sometimes an earth screw which you use a 2 pin plug that has an earthing wire coming from it.

how the fuck is a plug being "oversized" a problem anyway? you're just plugging it in a wall, it's not going up your ass

I like UK plugs because they're the only ones that feel durable.

Wow, I thought it was normal. Pretty silly.

are you an actual Japanese or a weeb expat?

Guessing BRs couldn't make up their own

>what is nuisance tripping
>this would "totally" be economically viable, even if the fuse-cable shit was completely free
>has no idea what he's talking about

bro. are you for real?

also this
having a nice bulky plug, you know that you can abuse that shit over and over but it's made of solid metal it won't bend, and at worst you have to spend like 50p on a fuse.
If you step on a US plug, you break it. If you step on a UK plug, it breaks you.

weeb expat

>deflect
>deflect
>deflect

Are you?

I honestly don't understand how you could fuck it up this hard. Did you try to shoot the charger out of the wall?

>implying this is not literally the world class leader of electrical standards
>TFW your overseas colonies have more advanced electrical infrastructure than you
>its okay tho. Internal fuses

/thread

They also make the most satisfying noise when you plug them in. That 'kuh-chunk' is what all plugs should sound like.

>

10/10 bro breddy good counter.

There's no switch to turn the outlets on and off?

>buying ps4
>ever
>ifag
you do not deserve help

Spaghetti reporting

pic related

Sure but schuko plugs are perfectly fine for that too.
The UK plugs are indeed too big.
I also found them "dangerous" in a way, since people can actually plug in regular schuko / eu2 pin connectors into them and have them work, by flipping the shutters out.
Since its "possible" people will do it instead of buying that cheap (but also ungainly and big) adapter and end up with dangerous ungrounded shit all over.

it's like youre actually retarded or something

why do you have a pencil sharpener in the wall

Use gloves.
Pull tabs, DO NOT TOUCH on the board where the wires connect, as that's the primary side.

Also i see that this charger is fake from here, given the shitty soldering job and general lack of components.

Do not listen to this guy, you have to be jumping in the air to be safe while touching it.

So, you're saying I'm retarded because I DONT think using long fuses in stead of copper wire is a good idea. Please, bro, enlighten me why, excluding the price of this "fuse wire" this would be a good idea. I'm curious. :)

Aids, you could have atleast cleaned it before you took the fucking picture, degenerate.

I find them really unstable when plugged into walls though. With a heavier plug (i.e. a phone charger) it just feels like it's going to slip out at any second.
UK plug feels like it's cemented in. 3 prong adds security.

>earthing wire
What's it like living in the 20's?

>go take a dip with your electronics now
If I were to do that, I guarantee you that the fuse in the cable wouldn't help me at all, considering that there is also the residual-current circuit breaker, circuit breaker and the (lower rated) fuse inside the device which would all cut off the power before the fuse in the cable would even start getting hot.
But yeah, keep on going about how having redundant safety measure which only enforces the false sense of security is a good thing.

I was in Italy earlier this year and I wondered why 2-pin plugs are a different size to 3 pins (ending up with the ugly hybrid you've posted). Able to give any insight?

I'm lazy. I'll be sure to do it next time, just for you.

Not saying its not "more" solid, it is, but it took it too far and the size is really a disadvantage.

Theres the 3 prong schuko variants, where the 3rd prong is in the socket, so it can have the same stability too.

>there are countries using sockets without grounding

Man when you have to use adapters those things get so bulky and heavy they fall off the wall. Usually, they lean while exposing the metal tipped pins because some of those outlets are not tight

>in stead
>:)

I just want you dead user, to commemorate your strong defense against safety measures here, it would really drive the point home.

Based secret sparkie thread.

>strong defense against safety measures
*strong defense about redundant safety measures which don't help at all.

No clue, I just plug shit in. Whatever works.

To make whoever sees it happy as well, duh

Ahhhh thanks user, I needed that.

Well, we're done here.

That's...reasonable, good luck indeed OP.

the bane of my existence as a sparky.

>Tfw working out wet area plug locations is like summoning some sort of eldritch beast.

unscrew the whole thing off the wall, remove charger, screw back in. also kiwifag reporting in, feels good to have switches

Just garb it and pull OP, if the circuit has RCD protection you're all good. If not... well...

Was this designed on purpose? Or are there any other secret benefit to making the lower socket smiling shaped?

OP here, gonna try this one. Wish me luck!

Be careful to not touch both live and neutral, you'll discharge the capacitor on the circuit

So you can't brute force a 2 pin plug into live and ground?

>Cred Forums will literally argue about anything, including electrical socket design

The third one has to be a different shape so it can be plugged in only one way.

The designer was just in a good mood or something.

If it wasn't hard enough to avoid those "stick something in those holes" thoughts, they make it a happy face.

The only thing we can't discuss are video games.

>discuss
>argue

Two things Cred Forums doesn't do anymore at all.
We can shitpost and bait eachother about anything though, good job.

Is this upgraded or downgraded?

Seems that way.

Kinky

UK sockets have switches

The electrical socket design is how the world leaders shitpost.

Nah, mate. UK has it locked.

youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q

upgrade

You lot have no idea of the genius behind the British plug.

Destroying the soles of your feet is the price you have to pay and we all pay it once.

This must be even worse than Legos

Its horror and the weight distribution makes sure you always stab yourself.

It's a design feature to punish messy slobs and promote a tidy living space.

There's something even worse.

Oh it is, but it's the feeling of British engineering reminding you of how great it is.

Further improvements on the plug in the work.

Went to Italy once but all the plugs were german type not the italian ones.

>moving parts
All that talk about how secure the UK plugs are and then comes this.

>3 plugs into one outlet
Yeah, like that's totally not going to overheat and turn into a nVidia GPU.

in which shithole country do you live where you can't power multiple devices from 1 socket?

At worst it would just trip a fuse mate, well before it would heat up in any way.