Is Warcraft 3 the most influential video game of all time?

Is Warcraft 3 the most influential video game of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xPoSAo7YFsw?t=5m7s
youtube.com/user/Abelhawk/feed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Doom

no.

Yea

His lips look like Hello Kitty

>influenced 3 of the biggest games in the world
Yes

w2 maybe, or diablo

No, Contra is.
No Contra = no side scrolling = all games ever will be divided into small stages
Eat shit modern vidya

Arthas Did Nothing Wrong

Never going to be able to unsee this stupid shit

>M-MUH REVENGE

Arthas was a complete faggot.

contra didn't pioneer that you muppet

glad you could bake it Uther

Watch your tone with me boy. You may be the waiter, but I'm still your superior as a chef

Dats some guud shit right dere

Side scrolling came fron Prince of Persia you idiot

it invented dota, which invented mobas, so maybe.

>Dies from nostalgia.
I have that on my computer. One of the best games I've ever had.

it also was the base of WoW

i love that cover so much. When you launch the game you just already know its going to be great.
Btw is it thrall ?

>what is aeon of strife

>actually bought the game day 1
>came with a fuckhuge beautiful box and a manual next to the cd
>tossed away the box+manual in an "old stuff" box, because I was 13 at the time

>never threw the box out, but I cannot find it anywhere ever since

One of these days I'll make a fucking treasure hunt for that shit.

One day.

>that mission when you defend Stratholme
>that mission where you outrace Mal'ganis in killing plague infected humans
>the entire orc campaign
>The Illidan mission in night elf campaign
>The entire human campaign in Frozen Throne
You will NEVER EVER experience this again for the first time? Why even live Cred Forums?

WC3 was pretty tight, especially with the custom games community. I used to spend hours trying to learn how to create triggers for my own games and was difficult but rewarding when you got it down right.

yes, the covers were Thrall, Kel'thuzad, Arthas and Tyrande

noone gave a single shit about AoS though

Its just amazing the content we had for $50.
-Amazing campaign with ton of cinematic.
-great characters
-great dialogue
-amazing map creator
-amazing gameplay

Just like Half life 1

youtu.be/xPoSAo7YFsw?t=5m7s

>Amazing campaign with ton of cinematic.

The cinematics were absolutely mindblowing for their time. I remember letting my father watch them, who pretty much never cared about video games. His face was in total awe during the entire opening cinematic

>Led to WoW, the most popular MMO in existance which has influenced every other MMO since.
>Invented DoTA and with it, the entire MOBA genre.
>Strong RTS game that has influenced many other games in the genre since.
>Characters introduced in the game are still referenced today (ie. Arthas, Illidan)

It's a strong contender at least.

>Strong RTS game that has influenced many other games in the genre since.

I consider Warcraft 3 to be the last true RTS. There wasn't anything since then that could even get near it's quality.

I'd say C&C Generals comes close

In every store I found WC3 they only had the orc front. Years later when I saw the other fronts I was confused and then sad.

>Implying it isn't this

And if we're not counting Video only and doing Arcade we could go even further back to the first BALLY machine during the late 1800s.

>mobile poster

>In every store I found WC3 they only had the orc front. Years later when I saw the other fronts I was confused and then sad.

Who the fuck is running bots still for the custom games?

>WoW means we'll never have warcraft 4
kill me now

And what's wrong with that, faggot?

dumb phoneposter

Nothing at all

As far as game mechanics and new ideas are concerned? No, not really. It had some neat features that separated it from other games at the time, but nothing genre-changing.

However, the increased emphasis on world building ultimately led to WoW, and not even the most under-a-rock-oblivious motherfuckers can deny that game's influence on modern gaming and pop culture.

There was also the ridiculous map editor, which spawned an insane amount of custom games, including the infamous DotA. While MOBA's are pure cancer, it's hard to deny their popularity and their role in the decline of the RTS genre.

So, yes, I would say WarCraft III is at the very least the most influential RTS of all time. It spawned over a decade of shitty WoW clones, facilitated the decline of the RTS genre, and allowed the industry-raping cancer that is MOBA's to come into existence.

Even though WarCraft II itself was pretty great, was it worth it in the end?

That's not true. WoW means we SHOULDN'T have Warcraft 4.

Oh my fucking God.

You know what the perfect wallpaper would be? One with each of these in the corners, Arthas having half face human/undead

It marked the beginning of the end for true RTS. FUCK YOU MOBA!!!!

MW2

at the same time, it spawned WoW, which killed Warcraft RTSes

Which was the best mission and why was it pic related

>the evacuation from Cenarius at start
>defending the base from multiple angles, which required utilizing highground and unit counters
>meanwhile multitasking with a squad
>that satisfaction that the end when you strom the fucking elves with a thousand blood orcs

they both made one of best rts games and also killed rts genre because it was so perfect... that only dawn of war 1 could be at comparable level

didn't mean to quote

don't forget you had to defend the base while completing another main objective

No, Pong is.

I am going to make a let's play of this game.
BTW, do you watch Abelhawk. He showed the easter eggs of this game. He is still pumping them.
youtube.com/user/Abelhawk/feed

The start was fucking bullshit. They gave you like 6 peons spread over 4 bases and no money. Then they also had chimeras which completely rape every base defense you had.

after the initail wave the attacks were a lot weaker

It's the initial wave that will make you restart. After that it's getting to the well, making a huge blob of chaos orcs and focus firing Cenarius.

>WC3 perfect RTS
Wc3 was more of a Arpg then rts games. Everything was just fodder for heros to power level.

Arthas is a fag.

The tongue is really a burger patty, your welcome.

Holy fuck I remember those days now, thank you.

>You will never feel that enthralled by a video game ever again.

Actually its Grom not Thrall

>the last stand against archimonde
I was pretty terrible at rts back then so it really felt like an epic resistance down to the last man

>made WoW
>made mmorpg genre be something
>made Dota
>made mobas be something

it is up there for sure

It wasn't.

>People completely forgetting Battle.net
Absolutely disgusting all of you.

STOP
>the countless days spent playing online on custom maps
I still have the folder containing all the maps I downloaded from multiplayer games and still play them offline for the nostalgia.

Dude

>last true RTS
>not company of heroes 1

>RTS not by Westwood
>influential
lmao maybe Dune but not this trash game.

Maybe if his friends didn't abandon him and had the guts to do what it took to defeat the scourge in lordaeron he would have been able to endure the corruption the legion did to him via nerzhul/frostmourne

I'd let pre LK arthas to fuck me, no kidding

>tfw we played so much fucking wc3 that part of the group basically is starved of custom maps to play because we're all bored of shit

get in here loser

we have an active chatroom

who knows, maybe some dork will host something if you loiter long enough in chat

I hate you.

>tfw still on my third wc3 burnout.

Mapjam never again.

retard

> They gave you like 6 peons spread over 4 bases and no money

wait...

don't tell me you actually tried to defend the bases on the left side

We still have to beat PE gay bar.

He was the Chad of Chads before the legion corrupted him.

>prince to the throne of the best nation on the planet
>cucked kael and fucked jaina
>based holy warrior that fought on the front lines of the 3rd war unlike our current king

Did you just called me dork?
Yeah but he's not fucking whores

I want to live in universe where Jaina became LQ

no of course not. But if you order them to move to your main base they are slow as fuck because they are workers. Your economy wouldve been better if you got 5 peons next to your main base like in a ladder match instead of 6 spread out like that

and i want to live where arthas is freed after we defeat him in icc, but you know we can't have all the nice stuff

And I want to live where the LK wins and conquers Azeroth with the survivors forced to flee to outland.

i think with jaina, uther, muradin, and the full strength of lordaeron army having his back when he encountered the pedestal of frostmourne would have kept any of them from taking up the blade. he mainly took the blade out of desperation because his base was surrounded and it was just him and muradin.

>Play that map
>rush bears+max upgrades
>alternate with the later waves between tyrande ulti and furion ulti
>notice the mine shop at thralls place
>already mine up the entire field between thrall and jaina
>after insane holds human base goes down
>of the 45 minutes already finished 20
>thrall base the first waves dont even make it to the base because of mines
>keep them up
>in end they dont even get thralls base
>5 minutes before time
>archimode starts going in
>doesnt even destroy a building because he is too busy engaging my troops I keep spamming
what a letdown that mission was. Later when I did it with just hunteresses it was more interesting. Then hecould send a few waves at the NE base but even then it was already so late that he only send a few ghouls and crypt fiends

>After pounding that sweet jaina pussy tells her to fuck off and fucks random peasant girls