Did you ever do this fairly?

Did you ever do this fairly?

How do you do it unfairly?

I'm gonna guess the no encounters ring.

Yes. It's meme difficulty.

Wall rings.

Moogle charm.

Umaro.

What a meaningless sentence you've typed.

I'm impressed.

On my first playthrough, yes. It's a great spot to grind for AP.

i mostly remember thinking my game was fucked up

Not better than farming Cactrots.

If by fairly you mean without cheating, sure. It's not hard, just tedious.

By unfairly I assume you mean Moogle Charm and casting Berserk on Mage Masher; also Umaro.

Yes I have done it right. If you save it for the very last thing you do before going to Kefka it isn't that bad. You'll be jacked up already if you've done the Ancient Castle and all the other extra content. Just bring the best team of mages; Terra, Celes, Relm, and probably Strago, maybe Gau.

What was your strategy against Magi Master?

Assuming you didn't have Umaro or Wall Rings.

how is using the reflect ring cheating?

What's with video games and stairways?

same thing as real life and stairways

Easy, very easy to copypaste and add an extra hour to the game with basically nothing.

>casting Berserk on Mage Masher
I was thrown off because I assume you actually meant Masher instead of Master.

Because Mage Masher is an actually thing also--ANYWAY.

It never occurs to me to actually try the status spells because generally they NEVER FUCKING WORK. Even in mods of the games, they still never fucking work. And it's so infuriating.

so what does Umaro do that makes this easy?

Well.

It makes the whole goddamn tower pretty easy, don't it.

He doesn't abide by the "Magic only" rule of the tower.

He can just attack and attack and attack (for some of the best damage in the game, even) without using any MP.

Oh and he can wear down Magi Master. Because his attacks (aside from the storm breath) are non elemental.

well yeah but i kinda took it as the game nudging the player to try different approaches to combat/investigate status effects

plus i felt really smart for working it out back in the time of no internet

I don't see how using magic defense against enemies that use magic is cheating.

One time I decided to go full autism and just rasp/osmose MM to death. iirc that prevents the final Ultima.

I've also done it just by attacking him with non-elemental magic and using reraise.

Done it by casting reflect.

Done it with reflect rings.

And Umaro, Moogle Charm, or just casting Berserk on my team members, or on the MM.

Done the tower with and without encounters.

Even did the cast reflect and then guard strategy to keep MM from wall changing and letting him kill himself back in the SNES days.

Basically, I've done it every damn way there is. And it's not hard. People just cry because they can't just mash attack, like you can 99% of the time in FF games, or cheese everything with OP skills.

Although I don't recall if I ever tried grinding MM to death with items.

Like every enemy in the entire game case blink on them and then cast death.

Anyone with blink has 0% magic evade and death is an instant kill. Works on everything without death immunity.

There's no such thing as 'fairly' in games like these where they literally hand you shit to break the game with. All FF games are like that. They hand you stuff to buttfuck the game with.

That said I didn't use any of it. I don't even remember how I got up the goddamn tower let alone beating the guy at the end.

It's not just magic defense it's magic REFLECTION.

C'mon fucko.

>All FF games are like that. They hand you stuff to buttfuck the game with.

My all-time favorite is being a dual wielding spellblade ranger in V.

You piece of shit. That's the ULTIMATE cheat.

No, it's a legitimate tactic and part of the game.

It wouldn't be in there if it wasn't.

Sure did. Only thing you need is Ultima.

So what? Many of the enemies can also reflect. Meaning the only way to attack with elemental magic is to have reflect on yourself and play the dumbass bouncing game. Reflect is a necessity. Get it from a ring or cast it, it's not that much different.

And it's also not some ultimate defense, because the enemies can bounce attacks off themselves too.

People are vastly overstating how OP reflect rings are in the Tower ITT.

The only terrifyingly dangerous enemies were the level 60 and 90 magics together. if they decided to cast tornado then meteor you were fucked

Never got into V much myself, but that string of words you put together just made my dick tingle for some reason.

>No, it's a legitimate tactic and part of the game.
>It wouldn't be in there if it wasn't.

Kinda explains why it was removed from further versions of the game, don't it?

Equipping your whole party with reflect rings is pretty much begging to get yourself killed by the ones that cast unreflectable magic. Even if the enemy is one with reflect you wouldn't be able to reliably heal yourself

You're the type of person who would open PvP with Death Coil

And that's terrible

Yeah gotta make the casuals happy but dumbing it down.

i honestly thought op's pic was an HD remaster of this shit
but its just some japan ass instead
very sad day

It was an oversight you moron.

I thought it worked on things with Death immunity too?

>M-M-MUH HONOR IN VIDEO GAMES

it works, but they thought of it and gave Master a high attack stat, so while Berserked he does like 5k hits.

they're cool, they have a tower of babel type feel, and they're easy to make.

HUMAN GARBAGE.

Yup. Wasnt that bad. You dont have to cheese it at all.

>Umaro.
I refuse to believe that anyone would turn down the opportunity to watch Sasquatch clear out a skyscraper full of faggot wizards by beating everyone to death with his bare hands.

I would just cast that nether zone thingy. Zone-X or something.

>umaro
>gogo copying umaro
>gau

wow so hard

>Did you ever do this fairly?
I used invisibility on all my characters and mana drained him. When he's out of mana, he dies. When he cast Ultimate, he's out of mana.

You lose a very good drop if you use the invisibility/doom/x-sone trick.

Oh and Berserk on him. I forgot until I read the rest of the thread. I haven't played this game in over ten years.

i haven't done it yet

it was a bug

>removing a glitch that allowed you to insta kill any enemy in the game is "dumbing it down"

re-read what you just wrote, and realize how stupid you are
and then kill yourself for making me waste my time typing this

There is no such thing as Unfair. The game gives you tools and you use them. Nothing more, nothing less.

You could consider something cheap though and taking away from the experience.

>Moggle Charm

Doesn't prevent you from having to deal with the boss if you want that accessory. Sure you could just go up there to get Strego and then leave, but we all know why you are really there.

Is this from a mod or frrom the original game? I cant remember this and i havent touched the mods.

The game doesn't hand you that on a silver platter the way all of the broken shit in VI just falls into your lap, though. You have to hunt that shit down and the AP costs are staggeringly high.

fuck yooooooooooou

You can cast "berserker" on him and he won't use magic attacks.

It's the Wizard's Tower where you find Strego. He's joined the Cult of Kefka because he believed that Relm had died. You have to bring Relm with you to get him back. Most people that are doing a first run of the game that don't realize how powerful Relm is in Magic just do this portion with the No Encounters charm and then do the boss with a "Proper" party.

Seriously, Relm is way stronger then Strego when it comes to Magic, actually she's stronger then Terra and Celes too.

>He's joined the Cult of Kefka because he believed that Relm had died.
What a cunt.
He should be even angrier at Kefka for that reason.

Silky smooth 15fps

>bare hands
He never uses his bare hands.

He runs into people with his belly, beats them with a bone club, throws his teammates at them, and breathes arctic storms.

When you say bare hands you should mean bare hands.

Apologize.

that's like 10fps

Are you blind this is like 5.

Fucking Zozo

I didn't know about the Moogle Charm, so I hated that fucking tower. It took me about three tries. All that just to help the old prick.

SO SUPREEEEEEM- wait wrong game...

I got him down really low then used that esper that makes your entire party jump. Thats how kid me figured out how to beat his death nuke.

>Saw this tower for the first time
>Don't know nothing about it
>Climb it and face the monsters
>Mosters are way above my level but I keep going
>Fight boss for almost an hour
>Finally defeat him and he casts an Ultima
>No way to block or survive during that point
>Have to load and try later
I hated this tower