Anybody else still playing One Way Heroics Mystery Chronicle? I'm enjoying it quite a bit

Anybody else still playing One Way Heroics Mystery Chronicle? I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/409000/discussions/3/350533172679322728/?ctp=4
youtube.com/watch?v=ntmWdb7LJV0
youtube.com/watch?v=a85Xdmk_WIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've been thinking about getting it, but how does the "darkness" mechanic feel with the game? Seems kind of annoying to have a time limit on all your dungeon crawling

Worse than OWH+. Objectively. The studio and dev team are worse and they implemented bullshit like traps. They removed a lot of Companion features, and forced in meme anime classes.

It's fine, the light only moves one tile per one tile. I've only died a few times in 100+ runs from being stuck.

Do I play MC or the original (steam versions)

The only other games that I've played that sound similar are Kamidori and Fire Emblem: Awakening

MC considering your tastes.

Mystery Chronicles.

Bump

>still playing
>the game came out just one week ago

So how do I unlock the other classes that weren't in the genesis room to begin with. I have hero and I guess I need to do that quest for astrologist but other than that?

Win the game with more classes and different difficulties.

Fuck do I have to do it on hard? I've just been slamming Alma on first appearance normal using Pluton's Spear and different classes but nothing unlocked yet.

some of them require you to beat campaign worlds instead of just completing the game on any random one.

Also, anyone else tell the farie that you love her, just for the reaction?

you'll basically never die to the shine raid unless you get knocked back into it by an enemy, there's lots of simple ways to avoid tough obstacles (force bridge will carry you across and mountains/oceans that might pen you in).

>found Coco on a run
>no Charisma

Fuck it, just murdered her whole family. I find that bit rather funny, you go murder her family and then go recruit her. Unless they go into detail about how horrible they were in her events, this seems kind of a dick move.

Yeah, I thought it would be annoying when I first heard of it, but it's rarely an actual problem in game.

I think Half Beast is unlocked by visiting a Half Beast village, Priest is probably unlocked by entering a Holy Shrine.

Speaking of Holy Shrines, fuck them in MC. The doors are now unkillable, and you have to either lockpick your way in or have the key.

Her dad is dead already.

How do you unlock inhumane odyssey/very hard mode in MC? I beat the light on manic+hard mode and just unlocked Queen+Dark Knight+Zombie (Tourist?) and still don't have Hero or Very hard.

Also did they remove the Bard class? That was one of my favorites and half-beast is kinda a bad replacement.

I think the req was beat the game with the five original classes, Swordsman, Knight, Archer, Thief, Sorcerer.

Isn't Queen the Bard replacement class?

They released a new patch today,did the stuttering get fixed?

It's a fix for what the previous patch did. Right now the upcoming fixes are:
add the quit button
add 360xbox buttons
fix shit
fix shit
fix shit

First comment on the post is
>PLEASE FIX THE STUTTERING

So I'm guessing not.

How do i get good?
I want to main Ult. Student but i barely beat the fallen angel on my first easy playtrough.

Is Ult. Student the Tourist class of MC?

Waiting for a sale.

Its ten bucks you poorfag

If I don't like games with time limits or other imposed urgency then I won't like this one, right?

No, it's the crossover class from Danganronpa. He starts with a gun and gains status effect bullet moves that inflict Paralyze, Knockback, and Burn and also somehow work even if you don't have a gun. He also starts with a good gun and has stats that make him suitable to transition into being a magic user and can sprint as well, he has low strength and weight limit though so you can't carry much and without guns/bullet or force powers his damage is pretty bad.

You just missed the opening sale.

The creeping wall isn't that bad. Give the original a try when it goes on sale for a dollar, if you don't like the general gameplay of that, then you probably won't like this either.

Aren't holy shrines impossible to break into in Plus, too? I vaguely remember not being able to cheese my way in coming from the original anymore.

I haven't played the base game in a while, but IIRC you could hit them with weapons and deal massive damage in base OWH?

In Plus, damage is capped to 1 damage per hit from weapons, so you have to hit the door with vials of flame, acid, basically anything with DoT. The door should break from two or three of those, I think.

In MC, the door has similar damage cap against it but it also has 90k HP which regens, so it's impossible to break.

Aw that's lame. No discount for owners of the previous titles. I'd buy it otherwise, but I don't see the purpose of paying $10 for a graphics overhaul when the original is already fine.

Does the bundle no longer provide a discount or something?

It isn't just a graphics overhaul, it's a different game.

>Try out gunner class
>Can only make 3 guns/adventure
>Abilities exclusively work with guns
>Guns are rare as hell
>Damage penalty in melee but can't make arrows

I don't know what I expected.

I know it's a different game, and it seems you're supportive of it which is fine, but I mean in my personal opinion, I'm not getting anything new that wasn't in the last game. There's a great amount of content in the original and I don't necessarily feel like I currently need to purchase the sequel.

The bundle has a 10% reduction, but I'm still el cheapo. I'll just wait.

It was -20% when it came out.

I only played him on normal but I did manage to complete the samurai quest on my second try with him, getting to nearly 1000km before completing the quest. I didn't find it too hard, you just gotta choose carefully who you want to shoot and do go shooting everything like bats and crows willy nilly. I haven't played him on hard yet though, maybe that's when his weaknesses will start to show.

Well, I had over 200 hours in the original, so I welcome the new content.

But gunners have infinite munitions right?

Whats the best class for a beginner?

Kind of. Guns don't use ammo, but they have low durability so you only get about 100 shots per gun.

Swordmaster. Good attack skills, stat growths are generally geared towards survival, gains charisma.

Using berserk is terrifying in MC, since it feels like any trap can kill you when you're in the weakened after state.

Would this work well on a shit laptop that can only run stuff like Stardew or Terraria, or is it one of those deceptively needy games?

Going by the Steam forums, it seems to just not run properly on certain hardware despite meeting requirements.

I loved OWH and haven't tried this gane yet, but I'm sorry to hear that.

Can I at least fuck the fairy yet?

the coloring is ew ew ew

bring back the pen and paper

Don't worry the game is still fine, I never had any problems with traps. It's just a meme.

never heard of this one, but I love one way heroics.

Maybe I'll pick it up when I'm not broke.

It's not just a meme there's some serious bullshit that can happen in theory like Log traps knocking you into lava but I've only been seriously fucked over by traps once.

They're such a pointless addition though, nobody is going to attack every single space to check for traps.

I think people are overthinking traps, but I do agree they're kinda pointless imo. My problem is people acting as if traps are killing them all the time.

Im stuck in the fallen angel boss. What do?
Just run?

I bought Mystery Chronicles yesterday, i don't get how it can just be mixed and i think its not a fair rating at all.
Its really fun and well made.

I'd be enjoying myself more if I didn't spontaneously die because I stepped on a sleep trap when enemies were on the map or had all my things explode because I stepped on a land mine.

Because of the 30fps lock there are spergs who gave negatives. Though there are also others who were crashing too.

If you don't want to end the run or can't kill her yet, yeah.

You ultimately just can't carry flammables on you in MC unless you like living on the edge, which won't be very long.

I never understood their fascination with injecting hidden traps in every game they do. In Shiren it's fine since it's their series, and in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games it's ok since that game needed some form of risk, but OWH has enough risks from the game already, and fucking Etrian Odyssey MD, where 4x party = 4x map coverage = 4x trap rate.

The problem is that the only way to deal with traps is to check every single tile before you walk over them, which slows the game to a crawl. And in situations where you want to check for traps, you can't because it's actually a waste of turns more often then not. I agree that the effects aren't too bad overall save for some standouts, but I think what's really irking people is knowing that a run can be ended by RNG no matter how prepared you are (unless you like your gameplay slow as molasses) is what's really irking people.

>those coastal or cavernous terrains
>trap concentration goes up like crazy because there's so little space to actually walk

No, it's a shitty game with everything removed from the original that made it genuine

>Aren't holy shrines impossible to break into in Plus, too?
Nope, you can force your way into it at least with Force spells. Dunno about physical weapons.

>I think what's really irking people is knowing that a run can be ended by RNG no matter how prepared you are

I fucking swear when I get farther in the game deliberately plants summon traps in front of me.

What did they remove from OWH exactly? What makes it not "genuine"?

Not that guy, but I don't like how each landscape has only one music track now.

Yeh I do agree the new musics are nothing specials which is a shame. At least the new portraits look better. I think what's important to know is that it's pretty much a port of OWH and not of OWH+ which is why some stuff from OWH+ might not be in MC.

If there's one thing that bugs me, it's the fact that they don't allow me to immediately interact with items on the floor when I walk over them. That is, when I step over a burnt herb when my inventory is full, I either have to close the pop-up menu first, then open the regular menu to choose to eat it immediately.

They said they're looking into implementing this I think, though.

Er, either do that, or I have to grab the item and put it into my inventory.

>t's pretty much a port of OWH and not of OWH+ which is why some stuff from OWH+

It has a lot more things in common with OWH+ than base OWH.

Minibosses, tollkeepers, Goddess Statue not being ungodly broken, dimensional passage, spoiling food, etc.

So its a mixed game because people were not pleased with the music?

Instead of opening the "on the ground" portion of your regular menu, it opens an entirely unique "on the ground" menu. It's bizarre.

And they aren't looking into implementing it, exactly, but fixing it. There's already a button to interact with it, it just doesn't work.

That's a known bug and is in the to-fix list iirc.

Its mostly because 30 FPS/stuttering fags and people annoyed by traps.

steamcommunity.com/app/409000/discussions/3/350533172679322728/?ctp=4

Things that didn't make it into the remake. Take these as you will.

-The Force Knight class. Some of his things got moved to Astrologist but for the most part he's gone.
-Dairy cows. Why.
-Albert.
-Fairy Iris joining you as a bonus companion.
-The goddess statues in the castle
-The boss timer
-Being able to see buildings on the minimap
-Holy Emperor Souther was in the original version of the remake, but didn't make it to the English release.
-Gradually progressing rewards from companion skits. For all but a few companions, only the last skit actually gives you any reward.
-Balance

>linking to this meme poster

>calling him a meme poster and not refuting any of his points

People are using his posts to create a meme about deaths by trap.

Other than the FPS spergs, the people who enjoyed the previous one seem to dislike this as well. While I agree that OWH+ is superior in almost every regard to this game, that by no means makes this a bad game. For example, the controls are mapped pretty poorly, probably due to it being a port of a vita/ps4 game things like using items off the ground which could be done in the original can't be done here, the music is worse like a bunch of other people said, and a particular gripe of mine is that they seem to feel the need to shove cringeworthy ecchi jokes and other modern anime tropes in there that were sparsely or not at all present in the original.

Despite this though it is in no way a bad game, it's just that there is a clear and better alternative out there which is why people are not recommending it.

So what's the point of weaken armor traps? It's literally "YOUR ARMOR WE-YOUR ARMOR IS BACK TO NORMAL!" Doesn't even seem to last a full turn

It's not a meme when it's real, granted it doesn't happen as much as one would like to believe but when it happen it's absolutely bullshit.
They also make every tactics involving inflammable stuff absolutely unsafe.
It also force people to wander into safe terrain unstead of encouraging people to wander in dangerous terrain.

His post about allies being weak is not true, only Keayton and Nami that you get at the very beginning for free are ridiculously weak. The other partners I've found so far have all pulled their own weight; I even like the bard because special attack spam is the bomb although it could be stupid to have him if you picked a magic user.

>-Gradually progressing rewards from companion skits. For all but a few companions, only the last skit actually gives you any reward.

God damn this one really pissed me off, especially for Dosey. She doesn't give you buddy pills anymore and you don't even need to use them on her, you fucking kill her to get her back into your party. And she reverts to human form because I guess basement dwellers who eat up kawaii uguu shit can't wank it to a dog.

You don't get dog dosey anymore as a teammate? Dog dosey tore shit up that pisses me off, I'll take the pupper over 1/2 pupper's 40 hp herbs any day.

He's comparing them to OWH+, that's why.
Companions also scale better in OWH+, a Killer Hound Dosey at 10k km will outdamage any companion from MC (except Alma and I'm not sure about this one) at 10k km.

I never stopped. I've played OWH+ since it was released. Still playing it. And also playing the new one. I love both.

You're going to have to post your next death by trap because I've played 30 hours and haven't done because of a trap yet.

Did you miss the part where I said
>granted it doesn't happen as much as one would like to believe but when it happen it's absolutely bullshit.

The thing is there's usually 10 people saying they die all the times to traps. Seriously it feels like some people are just pretending they died from traps.

It's only people pretending it happens until it actually happens. I'll excuse the fact that I can never ever bring explosives anywhere, but being put to sleep in front of a bunch of enemies at over 1000km is what makes me cross.

Yeh that's what I meant it became a meme. I'd swear last few threads there are at least 20 posts of people complaining of dying in the most hilarious way due to traps. Never with screenshot of it though.

>I'll excuse the fact that I can never ever bring explosives anywhere
Despite knowing very well that I can die anytime, I still carry inflammable stuff.
I'm just addicted to big number.

Your chances of the game deciding it doesn't want you to win any more are very small; a trap just so happening to get you killed at any given point is not a common occurrence, so it's totally all right that the chance of that happening exists.

This totally wouldn't happen if you stopped every step to attack, though. That's what you should be doing to avoid danger. That is how the game is properly played.

Suggest dumb gimmick builds for Vanilla OWH/OWH+:

Knight Type C with 5 Pro-Wrestler Perks.

Tourist with Careless Person, No Pain and Swarmed by Tough Foes*3.

Or Tourist with Swarmed by Tough Foes*5

>Never with screenshot of it though.

Can you even take screenshots of unexpected deaths anymore? It seems to transition straight into the results screen, and there's no option to look at the screen right before you died anymore.

Adventurer with 5 Pack Rat

Must pick up everything you come across, if bag is full, discard oldest item.

When you die it creates a screenshot you can tweet. Tweet it, take the image and post it. And you get us a nice ghost too while at it.

Try that on ultimate NPC's campaign.

Or 5 perk that accelerate darkness on fast darkness campaign as Ninja. Literally can't outrun it even if you only moving to the left.

Never played this game before. Do I get MC or the original?

I definitely died a fair number of times to traps before I started accommodating my gameplay for them.

That is, I never carry flammables anymore. The moment one happens to get in my inventory, it gets tossed out. I would easily have died dozens of times across even a 2000km run if I had them on hand.

MC if you want cute girl and semen demon.
OWH+ if you value gameplay more.

The thing is: if you don't play OWH+ you will enjoy MC as you won't see most of it's flaw since you won't have anything to compare MC with.

I love that one of the goals is reaching 10000KM (End of the World, not End of the East) and this dumb mechanic is in it.

I imagine dying to anything in such a run near the end would be quite upsetting, but traps? Unbridled rage.

Unless you save scum.

Name your OWH waifu Cred Forums.

My Lady Pirate with 5 Pro-Wrestler Perks named Faye. I actually beat one of the higher difficulties I don't remember the name of on Maniac Mode with her for the first time. Unfortunately couldn't fight the Darkness because lol fists. Either way she became one of my main characters I liked to play as often.

>I'm just addicted to big number.

The only flammable you need to carry slime bottle on force user/sorcerer. The rest are non-flammable shit like cursed bone, berserk potion, +10 mythical holy staff, and creator's crystal to jack up the damage to stratosphere.

Coco for me. Brown lolis are the best.

I know but I want to be able to do it with any character and carrying bombs is far easier than learning a spell.

Should i buy it from lrg?
Is it good? Vita version good? Or should i just grab it on pc or not at all?

Get it on PC, they're fixing stuff that won't be fixed on Vita.

Of course that in combination of wanting to simplify the fuck out of everything is why they did it.

Gone is also every single dialogue option, that at least gave you a reason to pay attention to dialogue more than once.

Regardless, after that point skipping dialogue is a massive slog in MC compared to OWH.

I can't believe even in the PVP they have Memoria fucking pop up constantly when it's a race, granted no one plays the PVP.

Anybody tried to check the files in the PC version yet to see if Souther files are not hidden somewhere but just disabled? Maybe we could mod him back into the PC version?

Is he in the Japanese PC version?

No idea but maybe his files are still in.

Good taste

>I want to be able to do it with any character

Bombs wont do jack shit if your force stats is low. What makes bombs deal absurd amount of damage is that the bombs multiply your force stats by x3 (x10 if you use super bomb) on the top of its base damage, which can be multiplied even further with slime bottle. Otherwise, astral mist+berserk(can be substituted with berserk potion if you're not using swordsman)+acid bottle+mimic tail+undead bone+ready to die+charged up+impact/bash(can be substituted by tiny bash from castle trainer NPC if your class doesn't start with one) is the way to go for physical characters.

Considering how many threads there has been about these games in the last few days, I assume that quite few people play them.

Are there any different dialogues for when characters have different traits? "Perverted" characters tend to hit on you more back in OWH; thought that was a funny touch.

No that's just built into everyone automatically now.

Haven't found anyone with Naughty in MC yet, but everyone is pretty lewd as it is.

Not him but I love that. Too bad Coco isn't lewd.

youtube.com/watch?v=ntmWdb7LJV0

Does the MC soundtrack have anything good on it?

youtube.com/watch?v=a85Xdmk_WIA

>that one song in the Volcano area that sounds exactly like 1:35

I kinda like Track 34 or whatever it's called in the BGM selection, the side stories final boss music. But damn that track is way better than anything in MC, we just had to get animu shit for the credits.

Should I just stick with plus, or is the new game worth getting for 10 bucks?

>Fight the Darkness
>Have Neith Holy Bow but only wooden arrow
>Only have 8 STR
>But stocked up on acid vial and cursed bone
>Use both on the Darkness
>Shoot an arrow
>2k damage
Welp, it was easier than I thought.
Time to try the Dimensional Passageway now.

If you've had enough of Plus and want more content, get the new game.

Otherwise, I'd say finish up on Plus since you've already got it.

I once killed my King Victor from the splash of an Elzite Bomb I threw at the Darkness, somehow.

Pic not entirely related.

So, is it still impossible to open up the darkness if your reach is one tile?

How the hell do I get Buddy Tablets in MC? I've found like only one in a shop.

>carrying bombs
Oh boy I sure love my run ending because of Dragons.

If you just want to wake up the Darkness you can just throw your holy weapon.
But for actually damaging it you can't go melee.

I ran it on my laptop just fine. The requirements aren't high, it just doesn't run on some machines, but they'll most likely fix that

Time Stop?