This game is gonna give me a anger induced stroke.rrrreeeeeeeere

This game is gonna give me a anger induced stroke.rrrreeeeeeeere

TAKE A SUCK

>tfw loved this game but I'm a casual fuck ond only made it to the 5th level.

i fucking love this game. Beat it on MN and have all of the achievements. Where are you stuck OP? i'll give you some advice

Not OP but I'm gonna start NG Black here soon, do you have any tips

Jump

i've only played OG ninja gaiden and this one, but a general tip is that blocking is actually pretty useful. Some regular dude fights you can just turtle and jump slash through.

Fastest way to move around and avoid attacks is blockdash, jump, blockdash, jump, etc.

The first boss (with the nunchucks) is the casual filter, run on the walls and jumpslash to cheese him out.

also practice combos. the izuna drop will kill any humanoid on normal difficulty

When facing fiend ryu, learn how to use the wind run (x+a). It's an autohoming jump. It sounds useless, but it can help you do the flying swallow consistently. Fiend ryu will spam that shit and if you run away he'll carve you up. Just take you time and get used to the controls. Based fucking game

smoke bombs are your friend

This is actually a really good tip too. I don't remember if this worked in NG1, but during the wind jump in two you couldn't be damaged.

Using moves that you're invincible during (such as your ninpo) can be useful for avoiding some obnoxious attacks.

like the FUCKING EXPLODING SHURIKEN DOGS FUUUUUCK

fucking love this game, have it and the inferior ps3 version.

how THE FUCK do you beat master ninja difficulty?
do you just memorize whole levels and pray that rng is your friend?

yes. Basically you have to memorize the cheese strat for each enemy.

for example for the scythe has a 360 spin attack when you land which is the best method of clearing them fuckers out.

Loved the game, but I got bored and didn't finish ng+ with the red suit

I am stuck on the chapter2 boss in the burning temple user.

Is this part of the Xbox One backwards compatibility? I have only the PS3 version of all of them. Or are they serviceable?

In the first game? First order of business is to kill those annoying fucking mages. After that work on dodging the scrape attack and try not to let him impale you. As ever, Flying Swallow is the cheesemode here.

ninja dogs

I can still see them in my dreams. They won't go away.

>First boss is casual filter
>Not second boss

I killed that first guy first try without even trying. That second boss absolutely wrecked my shit up to the high heavens.

It's a very defensive game. ALWAYS block if there are enemies and you are not attacking, move by rolling (guard button+direction). If your guard gets broken you can still roll away unharmed if you act fast enough.

Look for an opening, usually when the enemy has tried to attack you and you have evaded it, if you just start slashing at an enemy outta nowhere many of them will punish you. Flying swallow and izuna drop are your friends, buy as soon as you can.

Yeah. Sometimes you do well and can get the UT and tear through enemies. Never apologize for spamming UTs, that shit takes skill, timing, and some balls. The enemies cheese the fuck out of some shit, like the werewolves throwing carcasses or grabs. When you see an injured enemy (one missing a limb), don't be chivalrous; use your obliteration tech. The less enemies there are, the easier it will be to fight back

>mfw I played and loved both Black and 2 for a long time and always manually jumped towards enemies because I had somehow missed this obvious thing

Turtle with your block, dash sideways when he uses his dash. You can block every ability except for his dashes (i think). Once he dashes quickly hit him with an XXY, or if you have lunar staff a YY, and back off. Getting greedy is how you get rekt.

staff is the best
nunchucks eat up wolves
cant remember what the claws are good against
katana is pretty balanced but weak against wolves i remember
dual katanas against purple demon looking things

Just last week I played and beat NG black for the first time on normal, playing through on hard now.

My advice is to not worry about spending all your essence on weak elixirs. Every time I ran into the blacksmith I would max that shit out and I never regretted it, just make sure you don't want to upgrade any weapons before you blow all of it. Also blocking is OP and no reason not to use it, but big enemies will stagger you out of it.

Spider ninjas are fucking hardcore, you don't always have to fight you can run past some shit and the bow is really fucking good.

>staff is the best
theres some enemies its useless against, but i cant remember which ones. its weakness if i remember correctly was that the staff is just slow, slow but packs punch

Practice using strong attack right after landing a jump. It lets you charge your UT much faster and lets you do the anime style quick cut. This is a poor explanation. If Mavado (red horse samurai guy) is giving you shit, just get to the far end of the bridge and spam tje flying bird slash (the one where you press a after running vertically up a wall). You can cheese it that way with timing and a bit of luck

reminds me, I bought a second-hand copy of this pretty cheap around feb and still haven't touched it yet, except once to make sure it ran because it was an NTSC-J region (but plays in english) and I own a PAL system.

FUCK. Big tip here that i just remembered:

IF YOU HAVE ITEMS THAT INCREASE YOUR HEALTH PERMANENTLY, SAVE THEM FOR USE WHEN YOU'RE ALMOST DEAD.

they heal back all of your health.

This doesn't happen in Black

Yeah. I missed it on mh first playthrough of black, then figured it out on mission mode. Fiend ryu wrecked my shit badly. You figure out which frames have invincibility quick when you face that fucker

It does in NG2 for sure at least.

Genshin? Yeah. This. Too long combos get you hurt. Also try to stay out of the air against genshin. His flying swallow is extremely quick. Bait him into doing a longer combo by dashing or blocking then punish. Methodical over frenetic vs Genshin or Murai

sadly its not. i sold my 360 and bought an xbox one hoping that this and the last remnant would be bc and my dreams are crushed

you forgot scythe>everything. game might as well be over when you get it.

not on the harder difficulties.
i've found that the kasurigama is slightly better for crowd control and a few bosses that you dont want to get close to

does anyone else get an erection when they use the vigoorian flail

the kasurigama wrecks anything that can be dismembered something fierce. That one combo that has a radius of like 30 meters is so good for clearing rooms of chumps