You know, I could deal with Genesis if he was less of a super special OC and more of a really strong renegade...

You know, I could deal with Genesis if he was less of a super special OC and more of a really strong renegade. Zack's complete apathy for his poetic bullshit is nice.

But this fucker? Angel? He ruins Final Fantasy 7 retroactively by making Zack the same as Cloud. He's the worst part of Crisis Core. Even a rewrite couldnt fix this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m3X-ZG0lQnc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>But this fucker? Angel? He ruins Final Fantasy 7 retroactively by making Zack the same as Cloud.
So you didn't even play the game?
Zack becomes SOLDIER entirely on his own and makes it to 2nd Class even, again entirely on his own.
Cloud couldn't even make it past the preliminary testing.
Zack also becomes 1st Class through his own hard work.
The only things that he shares with Cloud is that both of them wanted to become SOLDIER, but unlike Cloud, Zack actually did become one. And Zack's main goal was to become a hero, while Cloud didn't really give a shit about that and just wanted to become SOLDIER as his end goal so he could impress Tifa and other people in his home village.
And the second thing is inheriting the Buster Sword from their mentor figure, but Zack was never really a mentor to Cloud while Angeal was an actual mentor and teacher to Zack.

Either way you're retarded and can't even follow a simple story made for 12 year olds. Crisis Core has plenty of problems, but the way Zack is handled is not one of them.

He's easily the biggest non-character in the whole franchise this side of Kimahri, and he was only there just to give Zack the buster sword.

>Crisis Core has plenty of problems, but the way Zack is handled is not one of them.

Yes it is, but for different reasons. Zack is one-dimensional as fuck, and has no backstory or character flaws that make him relatable unless you count him acting like a retarded toddler at the beginning, and he barely shows any growth and development. He's "likable" and that's literally all there is to his character.

DUMB APPLES XD

I think part of the reason they didn't give Zack any glaring character flaws beyond being impulsive is that they wanted to distance themselves a bit from the idea Cloud had in his head in FFVII of SOLDIER being these cool, arrogant fucks by showing one of them up close. Same goes for the Turks to an extent

Well they obviously went a bit too far.

PROVE YOUR HONOR TO ME

Angeal was actually pretty based. He's basically druken-samurai-guy from X but dies in a fucking stupid way

Either way, he was supposed to be character development fuel for Zack

Angeal could've been a really cool mentor character if his first scenes are any indication, but when he starts blabbering about honour and dreams and how he can't have either because he's a monster, he gets dull fast.

Plus the whole one winged angel schtick only works if you're a bishie.

Holy fuck, someone gets it.

All these underage fags who stroke Zack's cock, as if he's the best FF protag ever produced, drive me up a fucking wall.

Why did Crisis Core make Zack such a fuckboi?

>Zack
>Fuccboi

>Implying Zack wasn't a legit bro that got all the bitches wet with his puppy dog charm.

Because he isn't "le emo :^)"

He's written to be that way, you fuckers. He supposed to be likable and tragic because it works as fuel for Cloud at the end of VII/AC (a la Kamina to Simon in TTGL for anime fans)

You might as well be bitching about the fact that cars drive.

Kids these days don't even know what "emo" means. Adults too, actually.

There's nothing tragic about him though. And is it too much to ask for even a little amount of depth for the main character?

>betrayed by his false idols
>forced to kill/watch the suicide of his beloved mentor
>kept away from his jailbait girlfriend because bullshit work
>imprisoned with his best friend who is now retarded
>dies like a dog protecting best friend

>>betrayed by his false idols
>>forced to kill/watch the suicide of his beloved mentor
That's hardly tragic at all.
>>kept away from his jailbait girlfriend because bullshit work
Oh boo fucking hoo he can't see the dumb slut he knew for like 5 hours and he asked on a date for literally no reason at all
>>imprisoned with his best friend who is now retarded
Okay I'll give you that one.
>>dies like a dog protecting best friend
Well it's his fault for charging into an ENTIRE FUCKING ARMY by himself. And this is despite all the e-mail warnings beforehand.

he looks hideous as fuck too

>Crisis Core thread

youtu.be/m3X-ZG0lQnc

You don't need to watch if you already know the game is bad.

I'm sorry about your heart of stone.

>Well it's his fault for charging into an ENTIRE FUCKING ARMY by himself. And this is despite all the e-mail warnings beforehand.
I fucking hated the ending as well, but its certainly tragic in the context of VII if you actually got that scene in your playthrough

>all that hype before playing CC
>all that disappointment after playing CC

The single thing the game has going for it is nostalgia, seriously everything about it is trash.

And the man responsible for it is now in charge of FFXV.

The game is a fan fic. All the FFVII spin offs are fan fics.

Nah I didn't. I thought the death scene in the original game was far more tragic, especially due to the lack of cringeworthy death speech.

Well to be fair Nomura directed Advent Children and now he's directing the remake, which is even more worrying.

Even so, they had some neat moments Zack going to toe-to-toe with Sephy in CC and Kadaj transforming himself into Sephy in AC

That wasn't even what happened in the game. There a couple of Shinra troops shothim down and leave cloud for dead, never report what actually happened.
How do they cover it all up when an entire battalion was fighting him in Crisis Core?

>a couple of Shinra troops shothim down and leave cloud for dead
that's the scene I'm referring to. You got it by revisiting the library(?) in that place under Shinra Manor late in the game

You are way too young to have fallen for this shit. If you are under about 30 you had plenty of people warning you to just play 7 and ignore everything else associated with it.

So blame yourself for being a retard.

I don't listen to asshurt anons on the internet, ESPECIALLY regarding FF CC was a mistake tho

>"But it isn't LITERALLY the same, pay attention to continuity factoids!"
>Calling others 12 year olds.

Angel makes it a legacy, passing from one man to the next. Zack just becomes a point in between while simultaneously being boosted as a bigger badass than he originally was. It's fucking terrible.

If you remove the One Winged Angel bullshit, Genesis is just an annoying spinoff villain with no relevance to anything. If you do the same for Angel, he STILL changes to context of Zack's role in FF7. He's striving to be like a false ideal, just like Cloud. It's shit.

This guy was extremely boring to listen to even though I agree with every single one of his points.

I played it on release, asshole.
Are we not allowed to talk about things unless we just experienced them?

Phone keeps autocorrect Angeal to Angel, god damn it.

I really enjoyed this game and think it's the only bit of FF7 material that wasn't complete shit post FF7 release. Fuck you all.

I know that after Dirge of Cerberus even diarrhea would be acceptable but Crisis Core still wasn't a good game, at all.

Top tier false flagging