This worth buying? never played any sims games before

this worth buying? never played any sims games before.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4hcDnnts-rc
youtube.com/watch?v=W458QnCVQik
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3#Expansions.2C_add-ons.2C_editions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the best sims game at the moment content wise. I would also get night life and seasons, at the 'very' least if you're going to play it. Sims 4 has better customization but has loading screens and far less to do. Also there's an expansion drought because it sold so bad.

Just fucking pirate it. It won't hurt Will Wright, it won't even hurt EA.

It's not as pretty as 4 but it's got a ton of content and feels more customizable. More handholding with the Sims are involved though. I don't remember if there's cheats or not but I think there might be.

I'd say go for it, just be prepared that the game will run like shit because of its poor optimization.

Or just get Sims 2 with every Add On ever released on Origin for fucking free.

>inb4 kek Origin

I bought sims 3+expansions and yeah, just pirate it.

Don't forget to adjust how your sims age in the options or your favorite sim is gonna be an old useless fuck.

>Or just get Sims 2 with every Add On ever released on Origin for fucking free.
That's STILL going?

There might have been a reason behind it but I swear the game ran worse the further I progressed/the more shit I did without necessarily having a large house.

I got my copy a long time ago, but a quick research suggests they stopped giving it away for free. Although apparently you can contact the EA support and ask them for the complete Sims 2 package.

That's because the save gets bloated like in oblivion and Skyrim. There were some tools you could use to unbloat in TES but Idk about the Sims. Nothing we can do I think.

Sims 3 was really ambitious it's fucking great but I like Sims 2 the most. Sims 4 is turning out to be more like 2.5 at the moment, we'll see how the full game is after all the expansions.

Am I right in thinking the command center mod makes 4 similar to 3 but with loading and without the bloat or are my expectations too high

>Sims 4 is turning out to be more like 2.5 at the moment, we'll see how the full game is after all the expansions.
So, are you saying that it's somewhat better than 3 or mixed in between 2 and 3.

how much would it help to install the sims 3 on an SSD?

Not much, mine still ran like shit after awhile though I had all the expansions installed as well

It's like 2, but with some improvements. Not as good as 3. But I love the aesthetic. Sims 3 looks like shit and runs like shit, but it's fun as fuck.

You mean story progression so that Sims age, many and procreate outside of your influence? Yeah it does that.

>create the most normalfag chad ever
>fuck around for 2 hours banging every girl in my mansion and getting paid millions from my job
>realise i'll never be this guy
>uninstall and slowly drift to sleep with a drop of tear rolling across my cheek

fuck this game

Cool thats really my only problem with 4 at this point since im ok with loading screens

NEVER buy Sims games and their expansions. Just pirate them.

They're exceedingly easy to pirate and they don't deserve a cent.

Steam version has SecuROM, avoid at all costs.

Learn how to mod it asap and get some of Midas' essential mods. It makes Sims 3 playable and heavily cuts down on the horrific save bloating.

>tfw sims 3 could have been the the ultimate sims game if it wasn't for the issues it has when you have lotsa expansions
Seriously one of the later expansions is literally unplayable if you have lots of expansions, it features work for about 30 minutes then just kill the game.
How the fuck EA dropped the ball as hard as t hey did in that regard I will never know but I choose to believe that they knew how close to perfection Sims 3 could have been and sabotaged it on purpose so that people would have a reason to buy sims 4.

Sims 4 is okay for just focusing on one lot, it looks pretty and runs really well and customization is pretty good. But I keep missing all the great features from 3 that didn't return.

It's worth a pirate

THIS

Can you actually pirate Sims 4's DLCs, even with the base game bought legit on Origin? I got the game for free, but I feel like I already hit the limit in terms of what can be done and I can't be bothered to actually pay for the rest.

Not sure about 4/Origin but I did this with 3 on Steam.

If you like 30 minutes of loading.

I also want to know this.

Don't give money to these people. They turned a great man into a SL creator.

Is it me or they really take their time to give sims4 some expansions?
i feel like barely hear about sims4

Sims 3 is the best Sims out there, just buy it or pirate it. Sims 2 is a little dated now.

if you're feeling generous yeah buy it
otherwise pirate it

No, just no.

How?

youtube.com/watch?v=4hcDnnts-rc

The magic dlc for Sims 2 is the best add-on for any game ever

they do seem to be taking longer, not that im complaining about not having to buy a dozen expansions in a couple years

I really like the Sims 4 but this new apartment DLC looks like shit. Just make a college or pet expansion already. Hell, I'd settle for a seasons expansion with new maps.

youtube.com/watch?v=W458QnCVQik

sims 3 is the king, sim 4 is a step backwards.

isnt it basically just the same city life expansion theyve made for every other game, nothing wrong with that

You have to get Nraas overwatch and cleanup mods if you want to play the Sims 3. And limit the framerate to 30, apparently the engine runs internally at 30fps and stutters badly if it goes over that. It's a badly made game but it's the best Sims game and I have hundreds of hours in it. I advise you to pirate it, the price for all the expansions is in the several hundreds and no game is worth that, even for the vast amount of content you get.

Dont fall for the meme

Lol dumb /r9k/ poster

Anyone who buys stuff packs is literally retarded or a woman

Is there any difference between the Origin and Steam versions of Sims 3?

origin might eventually give the dlc for free like they did with battlefield

If you've never played a sims game don't buy it blind. Do what I did, temporarily use origin access for the $5 per month and have access to the Sims 3 and a couple dozen ea games then drop that shit

High End Loft, Town Life, and Fast Lane were all decent.

There is a tool that is made for it, it deletes cars and unbugs Sims and objects at night and makes the game bearable

thinking of buying base S3 on steam. If I did, would I be able to just pirate all the other expansions?

NRAAS Overwatch mod does exactly that

Yes, it works.

Aren't those big mods like that one and Awesomemod (IIRC) made by complete moralfags, forcing you to have a legal copy of the game?

>Origin has Nox for free

Worth it? I played Diablo 2 etc. all day as a child.

>song not in simlish
triggered.
The expansion looks good though, it'll probably be the best one out of the three imho

No, I pirated everything and had no problems.

Thanks.

Also I wouldn't recommend installing all the expansions/stuff packs because the more you do the more unstable and laggier the already unoptimized game becomes, especially on a toaster.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3#Expansions.2C_add-ons.2C_editions

Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Seasons and University Life are pretty much essential. You can of course also pick whatever other expansion/stuff packs that interests you.

Back in the day I ran Awesomemod on a pirated copy. The mod checked online for the most reason version of The Sims and if you had an outdated copy, the mod would stop working in a few days.

It doesn't actually fix it though, makes it slightly better but it will still run like shit if you install multiple expansions

>not recommending adventures
do you even Indiana Jones?

It's great, but it doesn't really flesh out the core game. I'd argue Pets is more essential (I think Pets is garbage).

>Pets is garbage
Why is that?

If you are going for maximum features with least amount of slowdown then adventures sadly is not on the list

pets are very optional imho, afterall they are cute and all but can be just an hassle, I would recommend it only if you like animals or want to open a pet shop

Limit the framerate to 30 and it solves the stutter problem. I pirated all the expansions, stuff packs, store content, and I have a shitload of asset mods and it runs well aside from silky smooth 30 fps. But it does take like 20 minutes to boot up.

Pets are entirely a hassle and contribute very little to the household. Horses received the biggest focus despite having no place in most neighborhoods. That said, the neighborhood it comes with does a great job of integrating content from previous expacs. That reason alone puts it higher on the list. Honestly, pets are such an essential part of life sim that it's hard to ditch them.