ITT: Games you highly suspect have paid shills

ITT: Games you highly suspect have paid shills.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate_controversy
catalog.neet.tv/stats.html
desuarchive.org/q/thread/584520/#586434
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust_Me,_I'm_Lying
Cred
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/about/traffic/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Paladins thread?

Bloodborne

Any game I personally don't like or don't want to succeed

Any game I don't really like honestly.

PC gaming in general

All Bethesda games.

Titan's quest

BloodBourne

Paper Mario series

Final Fantasy XV

Kingdom Hearts...all of em

Plenty more but that's the few I can think of off the top of my head.

Hi average Cred Forums poster

Kojima games.

yep

There are no shills on Cred Forums you dumbass

How is Paladins? I heard its REALLY fun and better than Overwatch

FNAF

Definitely video games I don't like. Especially if Tumblr or Reddit likes them.

Paladins. Being a free cancer magnet that attracts russians isnt enough

>There are no shills on Cred Forums you dumbass

T. Shill

Well done bait. 9/10

But FNAF is a good game that was made by one person. He didn't have the money to shill his game.

There's nothing inherently wrong with FNAF by itself. The fanbase though. Oh lord.

Which one? Cause I could maybe believe scott would hire a couple dudes for the later ones but the first one he had no money.

Anything by Blizzard, EA or Square E. Pretty much any any company big enough to have marketers work on social media strategies W I L L definitely have astroturfers. And Cred Forums is a very low hanging fruit.

I would have included Nintendo but they don't advertise to people older than 5.

star wars battlefront.

Any Blizzard game. They obviously know their market inside and out and know exactly how to sway opinions on their own products.

t.have a friend in Blizzards PR team.

Sony have been confirmed to have Shills on Cred Forums, Cred Forums, Cred Forums and Cred Forums on several occations.

From the recent examples that Battletrite MOBA.

I'll shill BF2 for free but fuck the new one.

>implying he needed to shill that
>got the youtube crowd
>got the furry crowd
The work was done for him, he didn't need to shill anything

Anything that gets a "are you hyped for x" thread on here. You know who you are, shills!

pretty much everything by blizzard
i don't just suspect it, its a fact. WoW and overwatch have been shilled here extensively

It's actually crazy how often they come here. It's made me hate Sony as a whole.

How underage?

Back when underrail first came out it was painfully obvious

Bloodborne isn't being shill ed because the people who blow it out of proportion are sonyggers who love the fact that this is the first time in the last decade that they have a game other people want to play but can't. They don't have to be payed, because they just love sucking sonys cock.

It didn't even seem like it would get the furry crowd. They were literally creepy looking animatronics.

For honor

but that game was actually fun

Overwatch, WoW

Nioh

How do I get in on that sweet shill money? If it's $.07 a post, I could easily get some beer money for very little work.

That futa animation is pretty good though

That shit doesn't need to be shilled. There are millions of Blizzdrones out there. A couple thousands of Cred Forumsirgins don't make a difference.
Shilling is needed by new and relatively unknown games to quickly build up the playerbase on launch.

>Blizzard
>Halo

Blizzard shill threads always come out in full force 2 months before every expansion and continue for 1-2 months after it's release, then threads magically disappear. Overwatch was also spammed to hell and back on Cred Forums but I honestly can't be sure if those were shill threads or not, since a large chunk of this board is comprised of underaged children.

Halo MCC also had a group of barely literate nitwits defending it whenever a new patch got released saying how "THEY FIXED IT, THEY SAVED HALO". For those of you that don't know, The Master Chief collection was a bundle of 3 xbox360 ports and 1 remaster, when it first came out the multiplayer was so broken you couldn't even get into a single match.

>No one has said Overwatch yet

What the fuck? For every single OW thread we had we had paranoid cunts screaming shill back and forth.

WoW without a doubt

If anything i'd say that Paper Mario threads have reverse shills. The vast majority of the time the threads only and vehemently praise the first two, occasionally the third one in the series and completely shit on the most recent and upcoming entries.Unless this is Ninty's plan to get that wii-shop money i'd say there aren't shills here for this series in particular..

There are internet request listings for it, but the only shill group i've seen with a name does it for political reasons.

Then Nintendo shills have some fertile ground here.

ITT: Games you highly suspect have paid shills.

I don't know since I am not a paranoid fuck.

Also I don't give a fuck either.

I much rather have someone shilling a game AND simultaneously talking about vydia than more shitposting threads.

Blizzard games are the most obvious shilled games on the board. All pre-expansion threads of Legion, all Hearthstone threads when it was new and the recent wave of Overwatch threads made me unironically believe it.

Dota 2
both for and against

More like underfail amirite?

Shill threads are garbage echo-chambers where nothing of value is ever discussed. 300+ post threads with like 20-30 unique posters, it's a commercial in thread form.

Forza Horizon. Suspicious amount of threads recently and all the grammar, capitalization and convenient listing of features is really off from your standard post

>Thinking this shit hole is worth a penny when every single game posted is hated for no reason.

People in Cred Forums are delusional as ever.

World of Warcraft. Come the fuck on.

More like they pay to shill and have a social structure enforced by shilling. Kind of like Scientology.

A lot of indies shill their shit incessantly. There was some dumb puzzle game that kept being shilled, and Indefensible, and Scorn and Haydee recently.

Never seen a thread with 300+ post and 30 unique posters.

Do you have proof that such threads ever happened?

wow is good though
legion fixed everything

They seriously Dont need shills at this point,maybe for the dlc but that's it.

>People think the most popular fucking games have paid shills

They don't need any because the fanbase will shill their game for free like Blizzard games.

Now what's suspicious is when some relatively low profile indie game gets constant threads. I feel like it's just the creator trying to shill his game periodically. Yeah I know it's not paid shill if you shill your own thing but just mentioning.

Rabi-ribi was one of those when it was new. Someone involved with that game was also trying to get drawfags to draw art of it for him really fucking hard which makes it almost certain he was also behind shilling it on Cred Forums.

VA-11 Hall-A is a newer one I feel got shilled by by the devs to some degree.

That guy postiing Nioh webms in completley irrelevant threads

Any Ubisoft game.
Most EA games.

That's about it.

Nintendo, Blizzard, and EA shill shit here, obviously. I would say Sony too, based on the quality of most Sony threads, but I think Sony fans are just genuinely that retarded. A lot of indie devs shill here Independently as well. The VA-11 Hall-A dev is a good example of this but I don't mind it too much considering it was actually a pretty nice experience. Most games aren't shill accusations are just Cred Forums being Cred Forums though, with no real basis besides irrational anger.

*Most shill accusations
I can't proofread for shit, christ.

>WoW threads magically appear and disappear 2 months before/after a new expansion comes out

OMG IT'S ALMOST LIKE PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FORWARD AND GETTING HYPE FOR A NEW RELEASE SO THEY MAKE THREADS ABOUT IT AND THEN SPEND TIME TALKING FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS AFTER WHICH MANY LOSE INTEREST AGAIN.

I'm not gonna say there are absolutely no shills on a Blizzard payroll on Cred Forums because frankly it's impossible to know but having lots of threads concentrated around release is a fucking terrible argument for proving shills are here.

>implying Nintendo is good enough at marketing to astroturf
There are just a large, large number of lifelong Nintendo fans on Cred Forums.

Forza Horizon 3. WTF is going on? Real Cred Forums is never this optimistic about upcoming games, not even the Souls games

>every AAA title

Publishers spend the same amount of money in advertisement as they do in actually developing games. They employ third party social media groups to infest social media and forums to push whatever they're being paid to advertise.

Gamergate exposed much of the shilling in video games, Microsoft has been caught viral marketing several times, the Hillary campaign has been exposed with their CTR viral marketers.

Everyone does this, including game publishers. The way to spot it is by determining whether legitimate criticism is being downplayed with talking points or by attacking the criticizer i.e. Battlefield 1 threads are awash with "HURRR ONLY Cred Forums H8S DIS" when the reality is that leftist reboots and games are doing poorly in sales. Mirror's Edge Catalyst has underwhelming sales numbers, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has sold less than Human Revolution, Mafia 3 is already gaining negative word of mouth momentum and has low pre-order numbers.

Don't forget the game that started all of the shill paranoia in the first place.

Final Fantasy XIV
Neptunia
Bloodbourne
Overwatch

Especially sports shit.

gr8 b8 m8 8/8

maybe if it had been a jrpg full of uuguus it would have garnered this attention, but this is the most obvious shill fest since Black Ops 3

Those reverse shills are autistic manchildren who are so mad that rather than thinking "the series I liked changed to something I don't really like, time to ignore it and move on" they feel the need to continue actively shitting on the new games refusing to listen to reason.

They are basically the same as Chris-chan who went into a rage over Sonic's blue arms. I don't want to turn this into a consolewar faggotry but I feel like Nintendo camp has a lot of people who will never ever let it go if their favorite thing received some kind of a change. Even in cases other than Paper Mario where it's not necessarily a bad change.

Any AAA title.

I found the shill

I sort of agree. The latter game you mentioned was developed in part with /agdq/ and it went off the rails into progressive hell trying to get numales to save them from Venezuela. So it might be the dev or it might be the people who actively followed their development.

A good chunk of "shilling" is unpaid and by fans. Like, I'm one of three fuckers who makes OJ threads and I fucking hate the other two because they can never make it right. I simply want you people to join games with me so I feel less like a regular Cred Forums sperg and more like someone with friends because it's still a multiplayer game at its base.

Final Fantasy has diehard retards, and Neptunia took advantage of the fact a lot of us are weebs.

Bloodborne is probably Sony paid shilling like NMS was.

Overwatch is probably paid shilling. Hell, when I had to get support to recover my account for it, even the dude I talked to said "Yeah, I see it on every forum I go to but I wanna keep my job so I don't ask."

This, there was a thread the other day with some guy shilling for it.
For the record I don't even give a fuck about Overwatch vs Bloodborne, I just like seeing them fight each other over stupid shit.

Had in the past

Papers please
Cookie clicker
Flappy birds

But I thought developers hate PC because of pirates.

The fact that all those threads uses the same images cements the fact that they are made by shills

No you're right. I'm a Nintendo and PC only guy, but Nintendo fans have a really bad tendency to just hate every new game of a series. It's excessive even for Cred Forums.

And most threads about Nintendo games end up devolving into "Y > X >>>>>>>>>> Z" shit.

Was that game any good? Never really looked into it.

>Sony
This, absolutely. Uncharted 4 had the most extensive shilling I've ever seen for a game that formulaic and uninteresting.

>Muh Legion thread guys!!
>what are you maining?
>do you want to kill yourself?
>that other 4th question that was always in those damn shill threads.

Literally no game that has waifus or memes requires shilling. You faggots will do the shilling for them.

Shit I meant Battleborn, fucking mornings.

Overwatch vs Bloodborne
what?
why?

This fucking game

On Cred Forums? Pretty much none. AAA don't need it and indie games just have devs do it for free because they can't afford it.

Also, stop drastically overestimating Cred Forums's importance. We don't get enough foot traffic to warrant a full marketing scheme when there is no way to report deliverables. Nobody is going to hand you money and trust your word that you succeeded. With anonymous posting and no public IP tracking available you have no metrics. Much less proof ANYONE on this board bought something.

CDPR.

>Cyberpunk 2077
>CGI trailer + bethesda tier empty promises
>posts like "I think they deserve a blind pre-order. Who here /hypedfor2077/?"
>some posts are in polish
>people are getting hard over a CGI trailer
>artwork dumps
>links to polish articles
>filenames in polish

Also constant TW3 circlejerk, posts looking like ads before B&W and shit like that.

I'm 100% sure CDPR has shills here.

Stuff like Uncharted and TLOU is one thing because those games actually had a lot of hype behind them, but the really heinous shit is when they shill games that anyone with eyes can see that no one would ever be excited about.

>thinking companies actually care about Cred Forums when Facebook, Twitter and Reddit exists
Why would anyone care about couple of thousands autistic virgins who don't even buy videgames?

>stop drastically overestimating Cred Forums's importance
no one is saying that you dumb nigger

the lurkers buys video games. A thousand lurkers for every post

Witcher 3

>post your transmog
>lore discussion thread!!

if anything it's more effective than a standard forum because we can't filter out anonymous posters

compared to neogaf that requires a validated email address and you only have one account everyone else can just chose to block or ignore

yep, this. plus they aggressively defend anything relating to gog, don't forget. shit talking steam constantly, defending gog using cracks and community fixes, defending gog not selling hatred due to sjws, constant spam when gog has a sale. it goes on.

Overwatch
Witcher 3
Paladin
And probably wow

Forza Horizon 3, daily threads for the past two weeks after months of no threads, they majority of with have the same OP image

see calm your fat tits down

None.

>One of the easiest place to shill on the internet
>Pretty much none

And I think you're underestimating Cred Forums's importance.

Cred Forums is a much larger website than you realize, and IIRC Cred Forums is currently the board with the most traffic.

Cred Forums also has the distinct advantage of not displaying how long people have been here or other posts they have made, which makes it an ideal target for astroturfing.

>a thousand lurkers for every post
>on fucking Cred Forums
Maybe a thousand per thread at maximum. Meanwhile reddit and facebook gets MILLIONS per post. Why the fuck would you ever care to spend money on shilling on such a small scale?

Were can I apply for a job as a shiller?
I spend so much time on Cred Forums, getting paid for it wouldn't be half bad.

Any game published by EA

I wonder if the new Zelda can break the Zelda cycle for being so different. Usually it's always:

The one that just came out a while ago: It's shit, Zelda is dead
The one before it: actually not that bad guise, it was underrated for sure
The one before that one: Masterpiece

You clearly don't know Blizzard fans. They're not paid shills, they do it for free.
Heck they're so retarded that they PAY to view in shitty 720p the blizzcon.
>they pay to watch ads

As an actual marketingfag, nobody would waste their time on Cred Forums and if we were going to, getting hiroshimoot to sell us data would be the only viable option. I mean you might get retard indie devs shilling on here but that's it

because Cred Forums is seen as some kind of elitist sage advisor whilst reddit is lulz maybe and facebook is shit

i came here to post this

No, Cred Forums is much smaller than you realize. No one ever talks about Cred Forums exept when maybe Cred Forums or Cred Forums do something autistic to normies. Cred Forums has had 0 influence on anything

Amazing how you two predicted where this thread would be going

Overwatch is the most obvious

Are you implying Nintendo is "with it" enough to hire shills for viral marketing? They always seem really behind the times when it comes to marketing and social features of their users so I doubt it.

noted

Every fucking Souls thread the same 3 fucking webms get posted.

They absolutely do, if nothing else than to downplay the bugs, like that Rooster Teeth podcast where they had 4 people sitting at a table talking shit about Jeff Gerstman for giving the PC version a 3/5 because of all the bugs while two of them were wearing the fancy special edition pipboys on their arms.

No I was referring to the first paragraph

Cred Forums is obviously filled with Nvidia shills promoting the PC master race crap and constantly shitting on consoles.

I think i found one

>still thinking that people who actually like videogames are shills
What the fuck happened to this board

No Man's Shekels

Why would you shill on Cred Forums when you could just get youtubers to do it for you? This place is shit and not worth the effort.

>le jumpscares are le horror xD
FNAF is shit, pure and simple.

Not any longer, but I remember seeing the same pastas being posted for months before these were released.

Dragon Age Inquisition
Lords of the Fallen

Special mention to the Mother 4 faggot who probably did it for free.

Why isn't Turbine circled, didn't they make LOTR Online?

I honestly think it's just because the "omg this game is so hardcore guys :DD" started trending with the original Dark Souls and got the entire normalfag audience rather than actual paid shills. Especially at this point.

I like those games but I avoid the threads like the plague.

There are real shills though. Look at the Forza threads right now and It's bots posting the same shit over and over

>gaming is so bad that only bots are enjoying videogaming today

You should check /gif/

Someone posts a webm with the websites name, on it, someone always ask for obvious sauce, and the reples are always like 'why its from BigStudsNiggas dot com, you should check it out go nuts ;)'

>millions of views a month
>basically zero way to actually prove shilling is happening unless they're stupid enough to put a tripcode on
Yeah, nobody would bother to shill here, it's too easy.

pol

You live in a fucking bubble if you think this.

well we've seen it done already so might as well expect it to some degree

Proffesional Cred Forums autists. I swear to god, there are people who will actualy dedicated all their fucking time to defend a fucking videogame, a piece of virtual media on an image board filled with underage and autists. They will make thread after thread, image after image shitting on other videogames or trying to promote their videogame as a ''superior'' one. They are not shills, they do it for their own fucking amuzement and satisfaction because they have nothing else in their life. It is fucking sad to be honest, sad and pathetic, but it is the truth. Shills stick to huge sites filled with dumb normies, not lonley NEET's with too much time on their hands

Don't have to talk about Cred Forums to be influenced by the stuff you see on here you stupid shit.

I hate people like you the most, that have only been here for a couple of years at most and think they can comment on the culture and history of the board.

>Konami
>marketing

safe to say they don't post here

Not a single AAA game.

Stuff like those Witcher posts are clearly shitposting. Its the same thing as the constant Spec Ops threads a few years back. Probably just some dude who wants to make you faggots paranoid.

Got any proof of Cred Forums's ''''''huge influence''''''? No? Because i have lots on Reddit and Facebook shilling

LOLing at all the Underhate in this thread. We can do better than this, Cred Forums.

Fellow Undertalians will know what I'm talking about. We have had a long (and unnesessarily dramatic :P) history on Cred Forums, making great progress in achieving recognition for Undertale.

However, over time it has become clear that we face two enemies in gaining a broader acceptance and acclaim for Undertale: Underhaters (people on Cred Forums who just "don't get it" *smacks forehead*) and "neutrolls", those who lack the determination xD to bring Undertale to greater heights and gain it the recognition it deserves.

While it is true that we have gained a fairly good deal of recognition and acceptance for Undertale over the past few months, I can't help but feel that are progress is flagging somewhat. We can do so much better, guys! We need renewed DETERMINATION! You have to remember what makes Undertale special FOR YOU. You have to remember why you chose to be an Undertalian in a first place--whether that was crying when goatmom died, finding quiche under the bench, meeting Temmie, or seeing Asriel hug Frisk.

All in all, what I'm saying is: in the end, it comes down to you. Talk to your fellow Undertalians. Talk to me. Renew your energy and accumulate support. It doesn't happen without us, and it doesn't happen without YOU, one by one, each and every Undertalian. Undertale has only barely breached 1 million sales. It has so much further to go. The sky (or the center of the Earth if you like :D) is the limit!

See you underground,
MettatonStar76

Paladins for sure. I don't care about overwatch or paladins but it's pretty funny seeing posts and people getting buttblasted when people call it an overwatch clone.
Just watch the dunkey video.

I don't think you realize how many pageviews and unique users Cred Forums gets every day. It's fucking lot. Yeah, Reddit gets much more but it's spread over a fucking large mess because of how the site works rather than there just being a one single video game related board everyone views.

>implying anyone would pay money to advertise in a garbage heap

>saving copypastas
For what purpose?

It's much more entertaining to just tell you to kill yourself, so I'm going to do that for the remainder of this reply chain.

Kill yourself.

sometimes i get lonely
and need some SPAGHETTI XD

>actual shills
>some no life wants to make people paranoid

haha, for real?

The Last of Us

>gets prooven wrong
>I..IL JUST INSULT HIM! THAT WILL SHOW EVERYONE HOW BADASS I AM HAHA!
user...

Rockstar games

Got any proof that the website with millions of visitors and zero accountability doesn't have any influence?

>Prooven

p sure 90% of it are trolls trying to get a reaction out of OW

Any game where the devs/publisher can't afford real marketing, but I don't understand why any shill would come to Cred Forums, there's like 2000-5000 active posters here and most of them don't buy their games. Shilling here is genuinely retarded.

>prooven
Kill yourself.

Everything since 2011?

>Halo
There's something mad suspect about the amount of people who defend 343i whenever someone calls them out on their bullshit.

Just saying.

>OH SHIT, HE MADE A TYPO! BETTER POINT IT OUT, THAT WILL SURE MAKE ME REDEEM MYSELF
Keep trying buddy :^)

Any EA title is obvious. Some of the marketers have been here longer than some posters though.

There's really no recovering from that fuck up, you'd be better off dropping out of the reply chain. Or life.

>Titan's quest
um lol?
THQ has been defunct for a while now

There is no records or statistics anywhere indicating that Cred Forums has any ifluence whatsoever.

The Witcher 3. They don't even try to hide it.

Notch advertised Minecraft here a bit and later started using a tripcode.

As said before if anyone here shills heavily it's the indies, not AAA companies.

Also there are some autists who false-flag shill games that they don't like, doing copypasted threads over and over again trying to make it look obvious. Like this

>continue actively shitting on the new games refusing to listen to reason.
Maybe it's because the new games are absolute shite that lack any substance or character.
You ever considered that?
>not necessarily a bad change.
Seriously? Are you going to tell me that SS in any way compares to the three games before it?

Seems pointless, would sales from shilling on Cred Forums even register on the sales chart for any given EA title?

No you :^)

This.

They're painfully obvious they're started by and filled with the devs.

I really belive Cred Forums should have poster IDs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate_controversy

Walk into traffic.

kys

I honestly doubt people bother shilling their games on this shit board, OP. I'm sure it has happened before a few times, especially with indie developers, but it's not relevant enough for me to think of it on a regular basis.

You tell me, shill.

>leafy memes
You have to be over 18 to post on this site. Now fuck outta here

Oh boy, I haven't looked at this wikipedia article in a while, lets see what state it's in now.

>The Gamergate controversy concerns issues of sexism and progressivism in video game culture, stemming from a harassment campaign conducted primarily through the use of the Twitter hashtag #GamerGate.
W E W

suspect every game is shilled, every score is paid.
if it gets an 8 its really a 5
if it gets 10 its really an 7.5
if someone says they liked it, look it up and compare it to other games of the same genre
dont buy early access or newly release game, as its not known if its shilled shit or actually good

that "LE 80'S REVIVAL EBIN NEW WAVE SYNTH SOUNDTRACK" indie drift game, shit is horrible but pop in every racing game thread when someone only whispers "drift mechanics"

what the fuck is leafy
kill yourself dumbfuck

What I implied was that EA is throwing money into the gutter by stealth marketing on Cred Forums. Might as well put up billboards in rural Afghanistan, they'd probably save money.

>using leafy buzzwords
Jesus fuck and i thought summer was allready over

fucking shills

>you say, as you keep posting inane replies and arguing with a wall

So not mad you guys, he promises :^)

>As an actual marketingfag, nobody would waste their time on Cred Forums and if we were going to, getting hiroshimoot to sell us data would be the only viable option. I mean you might get retard indie devs shilling on here but that's it

>As an actual marketingfag

As an actual person who's been alive for awhile, you're pretty fucking obvious.

You must be really fucking stupid or really naive if you think that.

Having a thread in the catalog on Cred Forums is like a digital billboard reaching thousands of people who happen to be interested in video games. Posting is free and done without anyone knowing who you are or how long you've posted. All you need is a clear image showing what game it is and something that gets Cred Forums riled up and you're golden. While each thread only gets so many replies, it's seen by tenfolds more just browsing.

To cite some examples, I remember BO3 being obnoxiously marketed. As for more recent, that paladin game. There's also game sites who post their articles to generate views, I can remeber k-drama stars being extremely obnoxious, but there are others as well.

Of course, the golden rule is to never reply and bump the thread and deny them even more attention.

i've been posting on Cred Forums since the late 80s, who the fuck is "leafy"?

What made you think posting this twice was a good idea? It's embarrassing that you think saying "kill yourself" has anything to do with some youtuber.

leafy didn't invent kys

anyone remember when the huniepop developers used to spam their kickstarter obsessively here?

Fucking CTR shills and others like them have ruined reddit

It's embarrasing how you think that people who think you are a retard must automaticly mean samefagging. Now fuck off to 9gag you mong

>Constant WoW and OW threads for months
>nah I doubt any big company actually bothers shilling
They should be deleted, /vg/ exists for that reason, but it doesn't happen.

Fucking newfag. I've been here since the 1800, and leafy is an ancient meme invented by moot himself

I like how you didn't even deny it.
I've never been to 9gag in my life.

Kill yourself.

Anything by EA or Ubisoft

Paragon "it has actual graphics"

Paladins obviously unless everyone on Cred Forums is secretly a third world poorfag

Anything with Denuvo but that's probably just false flaggers or buttmad anti-pirates

Titan's Quest was shilled pretty heavily recently and suddenly there are no more threads about it

Overwatch without a doubt. The shilling of that game is ridiculous, ESPECIALLY before launch.

This is the only correct answer. How such a piece of floaty garbage is getting talked about at all is a complete fucking mystery.

>never been to 9gag in my life
Yeah i have too never visited it for the past 13 years

Overwatch - Literally spamming threads about Overwatch for multiple weeks straight when it was released.

WoW - Dead MMO that nobody gives a shit about somehow keeps getting threads just because of yet another shit expansion.

MGS5/Witcher 3/Bloodborne - Like Overwatch, but much worse. I literally stopped coming to Cred Forums for a while last year because half the threads on Cred Forums any given time would be for either of these 3 games.

I refuse to purchase any of these games out of spite.

Question: What if shills only do it once, then other faggots keep doing it because the threads end up so full of shit that it's free, easy (you)s? I mean, we see the trap healer threads fucking constantly, I imagine it's one of those guys just desperately trying to satiate his cocklust with replies.

I'm glad I have no patience to heal, on a related note. It sounds like a miserable existence.

I'm 25. With how quick you are to jump to "underaged!" and the fact that you associate something like "kill yourself" with some youtuber, I would hazard a guess that you actually are underaged. Kill yourself before you get to college, please.

Same with weeaboos, place a cute girl on the cover and you'll get them flocking over to buy your 60 dollar game.

Honestly, compared to some other boards Cred Forums barely has marketers. Meanwhile Cred Forums and Cred Forums are pretty bad and the threads are super obvious, they always follow the format of
- official promo picture for thread image
- youtube link to official trailer
- post is either a question (Are you hyped?) or an order (Get hyped!), and avoids self-referential pronouns and non-neutral statements.

I see threads like those in Cred Forums too but nowhere near as often.

So you've just admitted Cred Forums has no influence whatsoever, bravo.

In your opinion how is someone supposed to start a thread to get some discussion going?

>BUAHHH HE CALLED ME UNDERAGE BUAHHH
Well sorry Mr.Adult. Sometimes when people hurt your feelings you just have to deal with it. Allso, i thought you did not know what the fuck leafy was? Now suddenly you do? user it is starting to look like you are getting mad :^). Maybe you should shout for your mum to bring you more tendies down to the basement

Borderlands
Watchdogs
Dragon Age

Fucking hell those were dark days for this board...

Overwatch and SFV.

The op has to involve himself as an active participant because otherwise it's no different from drive-by posting or plain old fashioned trolling.

>but Nintendo fans have a really bad tendency to just hate every new game of a series. It's excessive even for Cred Forums.

I remember that super mario galaxy got plenty of hate when it came out, and it might just be the best 3d platformer of all time.

Top 3 100% for sure.

>i thought you did not know what the fuck leafy was?
Google you retard.

Don't live with my parents either, I have an apartment with my girlfriend. Being still in highschool, you do live with your parents though, don't you?

And the fact that you think of 25 as being "old" further reinforces my speculation that you are, in fact, a teenager.

kill yourself

Colonial marines scores with 30+ or more out of 100

I honestly don't like Super Mario Galaxy. I've tried multiple times to play it, but every time I do it I just can't keep going.

The only real shills are Blizzard and Naughty Dog games. Shit like bloodbourne is just sonyggers doing what they do best, sucking Sony's cock for free

all of the games have paid shills

There are confirmed Sony shills like TheDude though. But yes, most are just GAFers fanboying it up.

Are you saying Microsoft didn't shill the fuck out of damage control thanks to the DRM issue? Because I think you need to check the archive.

>claming he has an apartment
>a girlfriend too
>on fucking Cred Forums
Of course you do user. Well i am 22 years old, i have a mansion which i share with 10 of my wives and 100 slaves to serve me. I allso make one trillion dollars a day. And it is all completly true because i said so.
Come on now, you have embarrased yourself far enough, just give up and i won't have to call your caretakers

Easy there kid

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Now you can die in peace.

If you have those things, why are you here? If you had your shit together, you wouldn't be here, and since you are here getting into a dumb argument, you can't possibly have your shit together.

Thanks for giving up so easily! I am not usually too found of putting retards back to their place, but you went down with no resistance

>ITT: Games you highly suspect have paid shills.
The ones that have publicly available documented proof comes to mind. PR companies go to great lengths to list high visibility company's references.

>"Look! Blizzard loves us! Here is what they had to say!"

>ctrl+f Valve
>0

Did we forget the sudden rise of TF2 posting after OW launched? Begging players to check out the new patch?

Nah, it's this since this place is Cred Forumsalvedrone central anyway

This. It's all one big meme.

Because I had to get up earlier than usual and am killing time so we don't eat lunch at a stupidly early time.

>If you had your shit together
I never once implied that my man.

>too found

There was a game called "Escape from Tarkov" which had lots of threads in May/June, and whenever they started you would see enthusiastic posts one minute after each other and the IP count never going up.
As soon as someone called the shills out, they would get insulted in a mish mash of russian words. It was hilarious, the worst publicity ever.

>he is still replying
Looks like i have to call your caretakers afterall. Well, i don't have all the time in the world so i shall abandon this thread and leave you to your autistic rage. Tell your ''girlfriend'' to call me if she ever needs a dick bigger than 1 inch :^)

epic trolling lad one day i hope to be as cool as you

>Kingdom Hearts

No, there are people who are still crazy about it, myself included. But the threads turn out the same.

>Can someone explain what's going on?
>What's 2.8?
>KH3 WHEN
>Who's Xehanort again?
>WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

i think the toddposting threads are legit but ironic shilling.
im probably wrong, but it would be brilliant if true

>Well, i don't have all the time in the world
You sure seem to.

>dick bigger than 1 inch
So 2?

todd doesnt get paid to post those threads he does it for free

Oh, user. I usually lurk but its painfully obvious youre 16.

Peace.

The amount of people here replying seriously to "Hey I'm x from x ask me anything, here's a pic of me from google." seemed retarded, but after this thread I honestly think this place is filled with schizos.

shut the fuck up shill

Any Blizzard games.

Lords of the Fallen

It had dedicated tech support threads on Cred Forums.

i always thought those threads were just spergs RPing for fun lol

lol this user is literally the only person in this thread who's right and you have all ignored him

Shilling on Cred Forums is idiotic. People here have such an anti-marketing attitude that you're more likely to do harm than good. Furthermore, Cred Forums is not that big - it's got a daily userbase of a few thousand and no more. For an AAA game there's really no incentive to shill.

Indies are a different matter. People posting "hey, check this out" on a game that they worked on, or even semi transparent "hey, check out this game I made."

The vast majority of those images people like to post here of "OMG shill BTFO look at all these similar posts" are false flags by autists.

THIS!

they literally called it the "Souls Killer" and now look what happened

twice as slow and twice as shallow, only sold 700K.

Cant believe its actually getting a sequel

>Abbreviation of kill yourself is a buzzword
U wot

Any new game, any game made after [point in my life where I have the fondest gaming memories], any game which does not conform to my exact standards despite the fact I contribute nothing of net value to the world. I am the untouchable critic; a hybrid of elite cultural demagogue and profoundly retarded waste of human life.

Fuck it, every game has paid shills, even ones you like, everything is pointless, bring on the asteroid/aliens/nuclear war/ice age.

>see a game way early in development and think its a nice ide game
>years later its finaly happening
>its a nobodys game and i want to talk about with my faggots that like the same genre
>post it on Cred Forums because soon, i even implay it might be shit
>everyone flipps shit because shill
Cred Forums ~for LOL and shitpost threads

Shadow of Mordor, I've never seen so much praise here for a game so mediocre.

The "this game has actual graphics" Paragon guy.

why are you acting like having an apartment and a girlfriend is some impossible achievement

>actual marketingfag
>moot
>sell data from Cred Forums, a site notorious with law enforcement for dumping its data every couple days

Wew lad

WoW and Overwatch have paid shills coming here on the daily

The new Hitman game
There's a thread the day of/prior to new content being added but aside from that it's literally never discussed

Horizon Zero Dawn
Metal Gear Survive
Paper Mario Color Splash

>He confuses rabid fanboyism for shilling
Pathetic

>Older than 5

Well, that is the mental age of /v.

>hiroshimoot
>He doesn't get it.

I bet you call him An Hiro, you little faggot.

"Hey, could you do me a favour and post online about our product?"

"No worries! I'll buy clicks through Google or Facebook where we're basically guaranteed that our posts will reach a specific, desired, demographic."

"Hmmm, nah, forget about that nonsense."

"Oh. Okay then I'll contact some cadet journalist working for a high-traffic blog that's appeals to our target demographic and have him write a story for us."

"Yeah, that's much more deceptive and likely to backfire. I definitely like those components, but the whole 'write-up by a respected blog that appeals specifically to our demographic' thing really doesn't feel right. What are our other options?"

"R-.. Reddit?"

"Nah, too mainstream."

"Oh... kay... What did you have in mind?"

"Cred Forums."

"Cred Forums?"

"Yeah, the only place on the internet where people are paranoid enough to believe every post is a by a shill and disagreeable enough to boycott something based entirely on that paranoia."

"Uh... I-- I guess... I'll make a few posts on the most popular board, Cred Forums? Maybe one an hour?"

"Cred Forums!? Are you kidding me? No, you idiot, I want you to post on Cred Forums."

>Implying shills don't read these threads for clues on how to be more unnoticeable.

Even with screenshots like this I'm not convinced.

It seems more likely to me that someone ON Cred Forums has autism and is exhibiting symptoms of said disorder.

>like a digital billboard

The option to have a LITERAL digital billboard exists.

>thousands of people

A typical thread on Cred Forums will be lucky to get 1000 unique views. Especially if it lacks content that is original or interesting.

>Posting is free

Except for opportunity cost, and that's assuming they get an unpaid intern to do this.

The only truth to this whole shilling thing is that small, independent developers or webmasters would likely utilise Cred Forums. This would be due, in part, to them being ignorant of how to manipulate the industry. For any company large enough to have people in marketing work for them there are just massively better options. The only way it would be worth a marketing companies time doing what your screenshot implies they're doing is if they could set it up to post automatically, and they can't.

Why do you think reCAPTCHA solved the problem with bots on Cred Forums instead of forcing 'shills' to resort to posting manually?

>suspect

Undertale. I actually think their's a some sort of a conspiracy or in joke that I'm not a part of, that's why I can't understand why is it a 10/10 meme game

>Implying shills aren't already posting in this thread and trying to convince us that shills don't go on Cred Forums

>pure and simple
>>>/reddit/

>A typical thread on Cred Forums will be lucky to get 1000 unique views

Cred Forums is the fastest moving board on Cred Forums. You are so full of shit it is not even funny.

>>leftist reboots
>there actually were black factions in WW1
>being historically accurate is being leftist

Jesus fucking Christ. Conservatives are getting dumber and dumber.

Actually happening right now

>I wish dark souls was more japanese and had katanas'n shit

Do you know who "shills" on Cred Forums? ReviewBrah. Do you know why? Because in his case it works.

Like, there are dozens of people who wouldn't be able to make a living online if not for Cred Forums, yet nobody ever calls out the 'Boxy' shills. You ignore that shit, and you consider it to be natural, involving no independent marketing. Instead you think HIGH PROFILE companies are wasting resources shilling on Cred Forums?

The best way to do it would be to advertise online for people to make posts, offering a certain amount per post. But this doesn't work for two reasons: There are no metrics by which marketeers can gauge what to pay shills and it would provide you with some actual hard proof that shilling occurs.

No that's Cred Forums

>there actually were black factions in WW1
Yeah, but they weren't 50% of the soldiers in the war. More like 5%, maybe 25% in the colonies, but definitely not 50% anywhere especially in Europe.
Also, the Germans didn't have colonial troops to my knowledge.

All-in-all, for someone who claims to know about historical accuracy, you don't seem to know jack shit.

You know I could explain exactly why you are retarded, but instead I'll just say you are and then go jack off.

>Bethesda

That explains all the Fallout shilling. Got tricked into buying New Vegas. Never again.

Undermeme
Indivisible
Indieshit game #55668744126699

Obiously indivisible. It sickens me that this wasnt among the first 5 answers to this thread.

Also that game where it also gets spammed with the title "Undertale about to be BTFO?!'

without a doubt

>Cred Forums is the fastest moving board on Cred Forums.

No it's not.

Cred Forums is obviously the highest traffic of the boards, and according to: catalog.neet.tv/stats.html Cred Forums easily wins out over Cred Forums.

This thread, as an example, has had 274 unique views as of me writing this.

>You are so full of shit it is not even funny.

Except in your case it is funny, because you're trying so hard to justify your paranoid conspiracy to others.

this. you know a game is being shilled on Cred Forums when the people in it actually respond with anything but insults

It´s so weird how polite those threads are compared to the average Cred Forums thread

>274 unique views
Wrong, that's the unique post number. Who knows how many people have viewed this thread but not posted?

true

The entire point of having a thread instead of an actual billboard is that one costs money and is seen as advertising, the other is free and is not seen as advertising, but as a regular person. Why do you think product placement is so big? Because people don't see it as ads, when in fact it's only there for that effect. That is why it's so effective.

You're a naive moron.

>274 unique views

Any with a competent budget.

Playing dirty is usually how anything ever gets big. It's just how the world works.

Came here to post this shit

The original borderlands and EA games have confirmed shills. Not sure about anything else.

This.

I liked Dishonored and have the second on preorder. That said, it's almost certainly getting astroturfed. Nobody was talking about it until a few days ago when "GOTY?" threads started cropping up in force.

>Ayzenberg

When is Cred Forums ever wrong?

>there are people in this very thread believing Blizzard needs to shill their games on Cred Forums
literally only ones who need to shill are indie game devs

>You're a naive moron.

No, user. I'm the one arguing that this conversation: didn't take place.

You're naive if you think any marketing company would bother with this.

Yeah, you're right.

It's probably less since most people who post in a thread post multiple times, and there clearly aren't 140 people active in this thread.

Thanks for pointing out that my number was a liberal estimate based on posts, most of which are by the same people.

Donald Trump.

Don't make me dig up the Romney screencaps.

The sad thing about those shills is how they do it for free.

nah, it's just fun to insult PCucks

they actually do it for free

You're hopelessly stupid.

Yeah, right.

But when it comes to AAA titles that everyone on Cred Forums already has an opinion of, it's worth paying for.

Witcher 3, Doom 2016

Witcher less so since there's a large number of polacks on Cred Forums and they like to promote their national treasure and the one good thing about poland except their cheap hookers, but fucking Doom is shilled left and right and not just on Cred Forums

despite all that Doom sold like shit and everyone forgot about it, feels good man

Go ahead and deny reality with your pointless strawmen. Cred Forums is a marketers dream, just look at some of the other boards.

>D44m sold like shit
[citation needed]
also it got discussed plenty in the month it released

>Honestly believes a quarter of 1000 posts and 150 unique viewers at any given time translates to THOUSANDS of unique visitors per thread.
>You're hopelessly stupid.

FF14

All PS4 exclusives

Why would you shill something that sells itself?

How do you know they don't have a system to gauge marketeers on Cred Forums? Why did you even bother responding to my shitpost? Also, indies aren't considered shills because the developers themselves usually post, not some marketeers who were paid for it.

I don't see the difference between shilling on Reddit or on Cred Forums, Reddit is extremely segmented and the shills would probably get the same number of views they would get by posting on Cred Forums.

>150 unique viewers
Let me repeat myself. You're hopelessly stupid.

And also extremely new.

He's posting the wrong thread. There was one identical to it where it was supposedly DICE devs asking what we want in BF4, us saying dinosaurs, and that subsequent clip getting put in.

Gee, I wonder who's behind this post.

Underrated.

No, none of them have shills. How thick are you?

Nobody would pay a person to post on Cred Forums. I can't even comprehend how stupid you would have to be to actually believe that. In my mind it's so clear, like 'Oh, of course. Why would you waste time on Cred Forums when you have literally hundreds of clickbait websites at your disposal? When you could spend time making one? When you could contact any of the myriad of budding young journalists who want a story so bad they'll be your willing shill by proxy?'

To think that someone gets paid to make a thread on Cred Forums... it astounds me. It's not worth anyone's time except people who don't know about online marketing.

I mean, read a fucking book related to the subject for crissake. Consult ANYONE who has EVER worked in online marketing. What you're proposing is RETARDED for multiple reasons.

On Cred Forums it's extremely likely that most "shills" are just pretending to be obvious marketing. They're recreating what happened for borderlands 2.

Anything big by EA, Activision, or their subsidiaries. They've probably moved on by now but Payday 2. Some indy titles, just pull up the spreadsheet of which ones got hit by the Steam review policy update. If devs themselves count then well over half of indy titles.

>I'll just call him stupid again because I have absolutely nothing else and for some reason need to save face anonymously.

When you say stupid shit that is incorrect, the natural response is to call you stupid.

No but it's what all his meme siphoning 13 yrolds use incessantly

So you're just going to repeat that I'm stupid?

Do you have ANY METRICS at all that would indicate threads get THOUSANDS of views?

Seriously, just think of the implications of THOUSANDS of views. Either we'd reach the post limit very quickly, or THREE QUARTERS of people wouldn't be participating in the thread. Just watching it.

The idea that each thread has THOUSANDS OF VIEWS is so utterly stupid that it's actually depressing someone as moronic as you, who would try to defend that claim, exists.

They also didn't suddenly come back to life after they died back in those days either. But then again maybe it being a VIDEO GAME might have something to do with it? Idktbhfam

Typical Cred Forumstard.

Anything of substance?

Still no.

inb4 b-b-but battle field is supposed to be historically accurate fucking sjws!

I thought that we were assuming that historical accuracy was desirable.
Now you say it's not.
Make up your mind you dumb cunt.

I've never had better keks

Every game i dont like that people speak positively of.

A good way to tell if you're being retarded enough is to look at what you think and consider if you actually have any reasons to think the thing that you think. If you don't have any reason to believe what you believe, you are believing it blindly and are therefore retarded. Try it out!

>A good way to tell if you're being retarded enough is to look at what you think and consider if you actually have any reasons to think the thing that you think
>In defense of 'shills on Cred Forums'.

I don't browse or post on Cred Forums you para of shit. Calling "shill" has been a thing since years before Cred Forums was even a board. I know you think Cred Forums is hiding under your bed and going bump in the night, but it isn't actually responsible for everything you dislike.

>or THREE QUARTERS of people wouldn't be participating in the thread.
Do you think this is unusual? Because it isn't at all.

I went through my history, and today, I've visited 130 threads. How many have I posted in? 10. If you think most people post in the majority of the threads they read, then you're very mistaken.

I'm pretty sure moot once mentioned something about the poster:lurker ratio. If anyone can find the post archived, feel free to post it.

Oh look, my shill supervisor will be in to fire me any minute, so I better type quickly before my login data to the corporate VPN gets pulled...

Listen up newfags, I'm going to let you in a little secret. Everything on this board is bait. Every single thread was designed by some mentally ill faggot to get a reply, to stave off the desire to an hero and escape a life of unnatractive perma-virginity, poverty, and low IQ. I know, I know, you've all taken "IQ tests" on FB that told you you had IQs over 150, and despite beieving those were valid results, you can't quite explain why your lives are smoldering craters with no hope. So to feel meaningful, you LARP that you're somehow helping to get Trump elected by posting on a data mining operation website. Remember, Cred Forums is a Trump board, meaning the owner and mods *WINK FUCKING WINK* must be working with the Trump campaign. You are all Trumps secret army of high IQ geniuses using meme majicks to change reality and will him into the presidency.

topkek gay niggers

Note that you still have not taken the time to be introspective enough to consider why you believe it is impossible for shills to come to Cred Forums.

I'm giving you dozens of good reasons why shills definitely don't exist, at least not for mainstream products.

It's not worth paying for. It's not worth the risk of being caught for such little pay-off.

Only a minority of people working in marketing even plant journalistic stories BECAUSE IT CAN BACKFIRE. It's not considered safe.

What you're saying is that people exist who take that risk, but with a pay-off that is an order of magnitude lower?

That is just wrong. And the fact that you persist in your belief, despite its irrationality being laid out black-and-white for you, leads me to believe you are unable or unwilling to read anything longer than a sentence.

Cred Forums shill detected.

Though I guess /stormfront/ shill would be more accurate.

By your own logic you are also a /stormfront/ shill since you are using the word.

>I'm giving you dozens of good reasons why shills definitely don't exist
No, all you've done is say "it's so obvious to me!".

>It's not worth paying for
Why do you believe this?

>It's not worth the risk of being caught for such little pay-off.
All the more reason to post anonymously.

>Only a minority of people working in marketing even plant journalistic stories BECAUSE IT CAN BACKFIRE.
Who is talking about journalism?

I didn't say it was impossible. In fact, I laid out a case where shills would come to Cred Forums.

For example: If they're not already well known about.

What does 'introspection' have to do with it? Is that your issue? Is that why, when the obvious reasons why it's highly unlikely anyone would pay anyone to post on Cred Forums are pointed out, you still persist in your belief that shills exist? Because you introspect and find that inside of you you have the opinion that shills exist?

Try looking externally instead of just introspecting your way to confirmation bias.

desuarchive.org/q/thread/584520/#586434

There we go.

>Less than 1% of total monthly unique visitors. Maybe a bit higher if you whittle that down a bit and limit it to only people who have viewed say 5-10 pages (not just drive-by views).

And we're talking about people who haven't posted at all here.

I can't be any more honest than 100%. I don't use Cred Forums, I don't know what else to tell you.

The only time Cred Forums even goes through my head is when crybabies like you come in here and start accusing everything of being Cred Forums.

>It's not worth the risk of being caught for such little pay-off.

What risk? Nobody in the real world cares if you shill on reddit, and they give even less of a fuck about shilling on Cred Forums.

>THREE QUARTERS of people wouldn't be participating in the thread. Just watching it.
Just as moot said, but you're too young to remember that, aren't you?

How can it even backfire? The worst you'll get are some user calling you a shill, which still happens even if there are no shills (if what you say is true).

>What does 'introspection' have to do with it?
Are you retarded? To find out if what you believe is rational, you have to be introspective and consider why you believe what you believe.

>when the obvious reasons why it's highly unlikely
Which are?

>Because you introspect and find that inside of you you have the opinion that shills exist?
I'm beginning to think you don't know how to think.

>Try looking externally
Hahaha, no you fucking idiot. You need to look at why you think what you think. If you can't come up with an answer, you don't have a reason to think it.

>No, all you've done is say "it's so obvious to me!".

>I have trouble with reading comprehension.

Multiple times:

1. Cred Forums is disagreeable.

2. Cred Forums is one of the few places online where the shill meme has an active life.

3. Cred Forums threads are subject to very rapid decay.

4. Cred Forums threads don't get the eyeballs.

5. There are no metrics to measure how succesful Cred Forums posts are in order to figure out how to pay for shills.

6. Even if you're using unpaid interns there's still opportunity cost. There are brokers that exist for the sole purpose of matching less-than-ethical journalists with marketeers.

7. Facebook posts are more constructive uses of a marketeers time.

8. Clickbait articles are too.

We've already seen confirmation of shills on Cred Forums, and there have been a couple of proven examples on Cred Forums and Cred Forums too.

As for how they track you, they gave you the IDs for social media,for Cred Forums you get a socks5 IP,I assume they see it Cred Forums is a small market, so you see way more shilling on twitter and reddit.

Overwatch. If it was released by EA people would be shitting on it for months and would never let the microtransactions go.

None of these are reasons why viral marketing doesn't exist on Cred Forums. At best you've argued why Facebook posts and other platforms are more lucrative for marketing than Cred Forums.

>4. Cred Forums threads don't get the eyeballs.

This is just straight up false.

>blizzard paying anyone to advertise anything anywhere

You must be new

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust_Me,_I'm_Lying

I know, it's dumb to suggest someone read a book when they obviously struggle with entire Cred Forums posts. But, try it out.

I'm done. Clearly you people won't be convinced. You ACTUALLY BELIEVE shills exist. I work in the goddamn industry and can't convince you that Cred Forums is irrelevant.

Do you even understand why you have to click the box that says 'I'm not a robot'? Because shills did, at one point, exist. They were for porn sites, and the only value they could extract out of Cred Forums they did so through bots.

Your entire argument seems to be based around you NEEDING to believe there are shills because you've been operating under that assumption for so long.

There's NO POINT to it, not for anyone that has even a small amount of knowledge about online marketing.

Activision but yeah

>This is just straight up false.
>THOUSANDS OF VIEWS HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Don't reproduce.

>1. Cred Forums is disagreeable.
They are still bodies with eyes and money, right? So why would that ever ever ever be a fucking issue, you dunce?

>2. Cred Forums is one of the few places online where the shill meme has an active life.
And as you can clearly see in this very thread, even if someone is blatantly shilling non-stop there will still be people like yourself that will spring up and defend them, because at the end of the day there will always be that tiny bit of uncertainty because "lol I'm anonymous you can't prove I'm X".

>3. Cred Forums threads are subject to very rapid decay.
Why would that matter?

>4. Cred Forums threads don't get the eyeballs.
This is factually wrong.

>5. There are no metrics to measure how succesful Cred Forums posts are in order to figure out how to pay for shills.
Which also means there is no metric to measure how unsuccessful they are either. Let me put it to you simply: Cred Forums does not have downvotes.

>6. Even if you're using unpaid interns there's still opportunity cost.
And?

>7. Facebook posts are more constructive uses of a marketeers time.
Maybe, but it isn't as if you have to choose one and only one. You do understand the concept of demographics, I assume.

>8. Clickbait articles are too.
Are what too? How does that relate to anything? And I thought you said you had 12?

I've read Trust Me, I'm Lying, the book literally confirms the fact that there are shills on Cred Forums.

>Do you even understand why you have to click the box that says 'I'm not a robot'? Because shills did, at one point, exist.

It was to combat spamming you revisionist fuckwad

>I work in the goddamn industry
Are you admitting that you're a shill?

>no argument
>I AM SILLY HURRR

Take your own advice, you're worthless.

You should have considered posting in one of the already existing threads then.

Cred Forums.org/advertise

>If I misquote them in all caps that makes my argument valid.
Don't reproduce.

>google Cred Forums shills
>fourth result is this thread

obviously they're just very smart about keeping their shilling secret so that nobody, ever, even blogs about it.

right guys?

Dragon's Dogma

That game was given such postive reviews by so many on Cred Forums. So I bought it for PC and it was probably the most regrettable purchase I have ever made.

I know I am not the only one who regretted it.

> I work in the goddamn industry and can't convince you that Cred Forums is irrelevant.
Well no, you can't ever convince someone of something you believe if you don't have facts to back it up. The fact that you are getting more and more disgruntled the more I ask you for actual evidence of what you believe should tell you something.

>They were for porn sites
And many, many others, retard. Don't talk about shit you weren't here for.

>There's NO POINT to it
And you base this on __________
Fill in the blank.

>hurr im a merketer trust me

Why should we even trust you then? It's in your interest to make us believe that there are no shills on Cred Forums. If you were actually smart, you wouldn't have told us that. Now fuckk off.

Paladins

No Man's Sky

Any Sony game really

First of all, you should learn how google results work.

Also why the fuck would anyone blog about shilling on Cred Forums over Facebook and general social media?

>I-it was just a "clever" nickname

>It was to combat spamming you revisionist fuckwad
You're both right. The spam Captcha counteracts wasn't just blatant advertising, but also automated astroturfing. Post-captcha Cred Forums has to be manually shilled on.

It's Hiroshima you bitch.

ditto. though i got it used for PS3 first. Thank god i did that and got a full refund the next day

Shadow of Mordor was definitely viraled to fuck.
It was very similar to the way it was done with Borderlands.
Or it is very subtle shitposting and false flagging, take your pick.

yeah

you're right

obviously shilling is such common practice on Cred Forums and this being the fourth result on google confirms that

it's not like you're completely delusional and that Cred Forums even struggles to sell actual advertising space to all but a handful of companies

This is probably the dumbest argument I have ever seen on Cred Forums and I have been in some real doozies this past decade.

It was probably just pretending to viral in the style of Borderlands 2. Same for DA:I. Intentionally starting hundreds of threads with the same picture and text knowing some retard would screenshot the archive and have an aneurism.

Why buy advertising space when it is presented for free?

what argument?

i agree obviously theres a conspiracy to reach people through single threads instead of permanently affixed banners and even though its such common practice theres no information about it online anywhere only because the shills are so good at shilling they shill away all awareness of their shilling.

Guys, no one shills on Cred Forums, you're just being paranoid. Why would an advertiser come here when we could just as easily go somewhere nice and friendly like Reddit or Facebook.
Don't buy into the "Cred Forums" hates everything meme so much, sometimes people are really just excited for a hit new game to come out.

exactly

why would you want any data about the success of your advertisments when you can just make a thread that is obviously just as effective and free

It had nothing to do with advertising or astroturfing you fucking moron. Cred Forums was too tiny to shill on back then, it was a fraction of the size it is today. The Captcha was introduced to counter flooding threads with spam, which was so bad it got to the point where anons were downloading images infected with javascript that would turn your PC into a spambot to automatically spam Cred Forums.

Fuck off with the revisionist history

wow it is almost as if you have never heard of astroturfing in your life and can't comprehend why it would be a valuable strategy

What prevents companies from gathering data from posts?

Astroturfing is usually more effective at advertising product than traditional ads in many cases, especially on sites used by pretentious teenagers who think they're too smart to be manipulated.

>imgur filename
Okay, enough is enough. You need to kill yourself immediately.

see

>obviously shilling is such common practice on Cred Forums
That's not what I said. It's not common but that doesn't mean it doesn't fucking happen.

>and this being the fourth result on google confirms that
ok so you admit you're an idiot who doesn't understand how google results are generated

you're completely delusional

no absolutely i understand that astroturfing is the most effective on webpages where everyone thinks the single most popular game is being marketed through astroturfing.

all triple A games released by big publishers are shilled, here or elsewhere

only exception is CDPR

what are you saying we agree that people are paid to post threads on Cred Forums where people suspect that even games like league of legends have shills despite it being a popular game that everyone talks about everywhere

People watching TV also get annoyed when their shows get interrupted, but you still know what "Candy?? For breakfast??" refers to you insufferable cunt.

>post proof of spam
>THAT DOESN'T COUNT CAUSE THE FILENAME KILL YOURSELF
Sorry I didn't have the original screencap saved on my harddrive for +6 years ago.

Kill yourself retard.

Yes you should kill yourself for posting an image you got off imgur.

hey why are you calling me a cunt i completely understand that obviously not only is Cred Forums a massively desirable target for marketing (which is why moot made millions in advertising and definitely didn't host Cred Forums at his own expense, ever) but Cred Forums specifically is definitely a lucrative target

Kek, those OP posts, this guy shitposts like it's his job.

Glad we're in agreement mate.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? Nobody said that Riot shills here, almost all posts about league happens in the general threads.

Uh

No?

What does it refer to

>be me
>hate game
>get a HD promo of said game
>make threads about it every hour using the same topics and even the same image
>act polite and don't use le Cred Forums's ebin memes buzzwords
>people get notice and belive Im a shill
>people shit on the thread and get tired of the game
>reply to them and act nicely, like Im a shill or a fan
>Cred Forums hates the game now, just like me
and that's how I mold this hivemind

pic related, I was one of those annoying undertalefags

>THAT PROOF DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE YOU GOT IT FROM IMGUR

You kill yourself retard.

yeah absolutely nobody ever says riot shills especially not in this thread

I can't take another day without air conditioning. Tomorrow's gonna be hotter. Hotter? Like yesterday. Yesterday you said you'd call Sears. I'll call today. You call now.

Cut the posting gimmick, it's really cringeworthy.

Almost all AAA games

It IS his job. He's literally paid to try to advertise shitty Denuvo infected games.

Any time "NOW THAT THE DUST HAS SETTLED" is used in an OP, you basically know it's a shill.

oh whoops my bad meant to link:

I made no such claim. All I said was you should kill yourself for posting an image from imgur. Which is still true.

>but Cred Forums specifically is definitely a lucrative target
Considering it's one of the more popular places to talk about video games on the internet, while being the biggest board on Cred Forums, yeah it kinda is.

no whats cringeworthy is people who actually doubt that one of the sites notorious for being hard to find advertisers for is filled to the brim with shills who shill for titles almost everyone has heard for

so cringey those morons LOL xD

You created the most annoying, spergy, and overzealous hatebase on this entire board.

May you die a painful, fiery death.

Where did anyone say riot shills ITT?

Why are you just making shit up?

I'm not reading that shit until you stop trying so hard.

I'm trying to enjoy is right now and can't. I heard its combat was amazing, but it's pretty fucking basic at best. At least I pirated

I learned to not to trust Cred Forums ever

You're basically the Antichrist

>Considering it's one of the more popular places to talk about video games on the internet
absolutely it is i mean Cred Forums is only ranked 616 according to alexa but Cred Forums is definitely in the top 10

>le ebin hivemind maymay
Okay, enough is enough. You need to kill yourself immediately.

Forza Horizon 3.

Games published by Activision seem to get very formulaic threads spammed on this board.

Either you're samefagging or you niggers are gullible as fuck.

currently this is the only thing being shilled. before that was no mans sky before that was hitman

Fun fact, HiRezBart (who no longer works at HiRez) shilled on Cred Forums for Tribes: Ascend (remember that game they killed) with a tripcode and even interacted directly with a lot of people on Cred Forums. HiRez are no stranger to shilling for their games on Cred Forums so I don't have any doubt any of the Paladins hype is just them shilling.

Indivisible had the most disgusting shilling campaign i ever seen in Cred Forums

I made over 20 threads for Dragon's Dogma before release and during release.

I didn't get paid

i'm not trying at all

you all already believe that Cred Forums is mostly just shills and its not because of any inflated sense of selfimportance that extends to the websites your bringing its because despite any sort of hard evidence these shills absolutely do exist and in great numbers

still not reading

>Work at target
>FNAF children's clothes, toys, coloring books
>Overhear small child talking about how their friend is having a FNAF themed birthday party

What the fuck

>Why would an advertiser come here when we could just as easily go somewhere nice and friendly like Reddit or Facebook.
This is stupid. Cred Forums being infamous for being "mean" doesn't somehow mean they don't spend money.

thats ok you already know the truth that shills are being paid right now to make threads on Cred Forums and that its being covered up perfectly

Cred Forums.org/advertise
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/about/traffic/

Devil Daggers

Meme game to the max

>trusting alexa rankings

Go ahead and name 10 sites more popular than Cred Forums for talking about vidya. Here I'll name some for you

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
Gamespot/Gamefaqs
IGN
Neogaf

All of them have way more shilling than Cred Forums, it does happen. Now you just have to post 4 more.

I guess Scott's faith in God paid off.

I'd rather a dev openly post rather than AstroTurf. And actually a dev rather than a community manager like Bart although even that's still better than AstroTurf

still not reading

Modern COD games since Advanced Warfare.

Just watch the shilling go up over the next few months as Infinite Warfare gets closer to launch.

silly user why pay $20 for an advertisement that comes with some sort of guarantee of return on investment when you can pay people to make threads?

No it isn't true. You're just a dumb shithead who attacked me for posting images I found through google search instead of having the image saved on my harddrive for over 6 years and changing the filename just to sate your autistic needs.

You don't have an argument, so you should kill yourself.

Nintendo games

haha yeah Cred Forums is definitely top 10 no doubt about it like i said it's just the whole site thats ranked at 616 and even that number is dubious because someone on Cred Forums said so

>its being covered up
Not really. It's just nobody outside of Cred Forums gives a shit, you're in denial.

You aren't clever.

>616 general
>take out everything that doesn't have video game content
Gonna be a small list behind the big boys like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and reddit.

I remember Red Dead Redemption literally being shilled out the ass on this board leading up to release and faggots here are it up.

It doesn't even matter if the game was good or not the level of gullibility on display here during that period was astonishing.

Not anymore

The gravy train ended after FNAF World and he has not been able to come back since.

It is true. Post an image with an imgur filename and someone will tell you to kill yourself. Welcome to Cred Forums, now leave and never come back.

absolutely Cred Forums is such a huge audience that its worth shilling on but nobody on it makes any web content about shilling outside of Cred Forums makes absolute sense to me

So you can't actually name any sites can you?

Being a sarcastic doucehebag isn't an argument.

I guess he must have done something to piss God off then.

yeah definitely don't need to convince me the fact that you're posting anonymously on Cred Forums was all the evidence i needed

You can plainly see in the link that you responded to not a moment ago that Cred Forums is actually very, very large, and is in fact on par with Reddit.

uhh... all of them? fucking retard.

I don't give a shit about your autistic hateboner over imgur, you got proven wrong and have been grasping at straws because you don't can't counter the argument over captcha.

Yeah, he made a shitty game that was far shittier than the ones before it

no absolutely you're right no sites outside of Cred Forums exist for discussing video games i mean every video game has its own specific set of boards but who goes to those? nobody thats who. us thinking Cred Forums is one of the more popular places for discussing video games is unbiased truth

>nobody on it makes any web content about shilling outside of Cred Forums
So you're saying nobody shills even outside of Cred Forums?

Boy you're dense as fuck.

no i'm saying people shill on Cred Forums all the time and Cred Forums is such a good place for shilling because of all the people on it none of whom ever post any content outside of Cred Forums about said shilling

>Actually pretending to be retarded
You could just write normally. I don't know how you think writing like a child supports your point.

I don't give a shit if you give a shit, you should still kill yourself.

So you can't actually name any

Keep on being a delusional sarcastic pond scum I guess.

Nobody cares except you, you lost the argument so you should kill yourself instead.

nah there are no video game forums that rank higher than 600 on alexa you're right can't name a single one

as usual Cred Forums is the most accesible and thus most accessed of all websites

Nobody cares if you care, you should still kill yourself.

kys

>none of whom ever post any content outside of Cred Forums about said shilling
Why the fuck would they?

You have to be actually retarded to think shilling doesn't happen on or off Cred Forums.

no pretending here just pointing out to all those delusional people who think shills don't exist that they definitely do because people on a board dedicated to video games were talking about a popular new video game and that confirms that shills exist

I think about half of all these constant NX threads are probably paid shills. There are simply way too many for it not to be . Rooster Teeth keeps a thread up at all times.

Sony is the worst. Literal 'Sony PRIDE!' console-war shit, constantly, terrible rageface meme images which magically wind up 'compiled' to serve as the OP for 'totally not SONY GENERAL' threads.

I am convinced they are behind the anti-vr 'HE FELL FOR THE VR MEME' threads, due to a very reliable 'yeah rift and vive are shit but wow PSVR looks amazing!' -> 'yes fellow non-sony-employee, Sony looks to be actually giving games!' -> 'yes, and when used with the PS4 Pro™ it will be more than capable of matching PC VR performance!' chains in the first few responses.

you tried, here's a (You)

well lucky i'm not retarded because i for one know that on Cred Forums/v/ shilling is commonplace and basically every other thread is a shill especially when its a popular game i dont like

>you're right can't name a single one

Well you can't.

I forgot alexia rankings aren't dubious because some guy on Cred Forums said so.

>that one autist who just learned about sarcasm and is now trying it out to see if he can act like a convincing human being

Obviously you still care otherwise you wouldn't be posting still telling me to kill myself after you got completely BTFO earlier in the thread

>B-BUT IMGUR!

Nobody cares. You lost, eat shit and go cry somewhere else.

yeah what a dope almost as stupid as people who think shills don't exist when paying a shill is so cheap and effective compared to buying a $20 banner that is $20 due to generosity and definitely not due to these boards being antithetical to marketing

What are some games where the main villain is a jew?

NX especulation and tfw you fell for the VR meme threads are my go to threads every day and if there isn't one up at any hour i'll create one.
i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one since they always get 300+ posts

>well lucky i'm not retarded
Your shitty facetious post shows otherwise.

nah you're right like i said nobody visits forums for video games and while battle.net is ranked at 319 and steampowered.com at 167 and reddit.com at 25 those ratings simply cannot be trusted because user told me so and also even if they could be we can be sure people dont go to these sites to discuss video games at least not more than they come to Cred Forums Cred Forums

>these boards being antithetical to marketing

lol if you actually believe this

It'seems the same here at walmart, why the Fuck do kids like this game so much?

Is it just something to latch on to?

So are you actually retarded, a child, or just that awful at speaking English? Write complete sentences.

yeah if you needed more evidence than a screenshot of a link and contents that don't match the screenshot when you visit the link then jeez your standards are too high

Assassins creed

>nobody visits forums for video games

But I never said this.

Why did it take you this long to post battle.net, a forum where you already have to own the product in order to post on? also user already posted reddit.

Those ratings are completely trustworthy because user told me so right?

just woke enough to see how many shills are shilling in this shill thread right now

im being shilled as we speak

yeah i know all we're saying is that the third most popular board on the 616th most popular website is one of the more popular places for discussing video games

>contents that don't match the screenshot when you visit the link

He deleted it from his LinkedIn profile you fucking retard.

You're such a dense cunt

I'm 99% certain Super Hot had paid shills.

>woke
You blew it. You should have kept going as you were. I actually believed you but saying shit like woke isn't subtle enough.

>the third most popular board on the 616th most popular website
That's wrong though.

woah there buddy i totally believe the screenshot because it was posted by someone who was using it to confirm their beliefs that they already had

why would i be sceptical when the screenshot links to a website that doesnt provide the same evidence?

Lost hard

overwatch
bf1
nintendo of america

>he doesn't believe shills

clearly a shill only a shill would deny how much shilling goes on

is it a thread about a popular game? well, must be a shill, because popular games dont generate threads on their own. its not difficult guys. the evidence for shilling is so huge

Just go and watch how Cred Forums suddently likes cars more than /ovg/... its trully amazing, it blows my mind.

yeah sorry i should learn to trust anons instead of trusted and accountable businesses with something at stake

Final Fantasy XV

it must be a shill

like since you have to post with an image every user that visits this site has heaps of varying and unique images related to a wide variety of topic and nobody would ever dream of just getting the first imge on google so we can safely rule that out as to why the posts use the same image

the shills are obviously just giving you guys the evidence you need because shills shilling for a product only have the most common image associated with that product at their disposal everyone knows this

No one you're arguing with is saying there aren't shills. Your writing is just so retarded that no one could understand what you were trying to say. The Alexa bullshit sounded like you were were arguing against the existence of AstroTurf.

So basically all evidence that proves marketeers exist on Cred Forums is invalid because they're posted by people who believe marketeers exist.

>why would i be sceptical when the screenshot links to a website that doesnt provide the same evidence?
Because obviously someone who is ousted as an ex-mod being a viral marketeer on Cred Forums is going to continue to advertise the fact he virals on Cred Forums with his personal info attached

You

Fucking

Moron

>trusted and accountable businesses with something at stake

Where?

The Forza Horizon 3 shilling has been beyond ridiculous these past couple of days.

This. If there's one thing I can gather from FH3 threads, it's that your average Cred Forumsirgin really likes cars, season passes and adware operating systems. They really like preordering things too.

yeah i'm just repeating the fact that there are shills because its important to remind everyone that shilling definitely exists and the shill meme is anything but stupid and cancerous because people claim anything and everything is shilling in every other thread and the implication is that a good percentage of Cred Forums threads are just shill threads

The only excuse i hear from all this is newfag bullshit
>i-i just put google images and use the 1st i see
When facing OC
>why would you take the time to do that

I know there are people here with 2 digit IQ, but you know when something is fishy.

Were you in all those nu male sky threads?
Was fun to watch

>you're all just anons you're not trusted and accountable businesses with something at stake

t. guy posting as anonymous

>image.jpg
>maxresdefault.jpg
or maybe theyre just using the top result on google to start their threads

indie game threads are usually shilling though, but a company like Turn 10 doesn't really need to shill stuff. Forza will print money without it

no? can you read?

we should trust that anything someone posts as evidence is actually evidence even if looking further into the evidence comes up with nothing

confirmation bias is the only real way to get to the truth

wow legion

Same but at Wal-Mart

People are just pretending to shill because it's one of the last effective trolling techniques. They've been doing it since seeing the backlash against the legitimate BL2 viral.

Newfag...

you literally got trolled m8

animal characters and LE SPOOPY GAMEPLAY thats just jump scares

yeah absolutely shilling 100% confirmed cause using first google result is invalid and people marketing for a game would do that repeatedly because who would suspect it right?

maybe people are telling you they used the first result on google because that is literally exactly whats happening

if Cred Forums is all just crypto-marketing to you how about you stop posting here then? clearly youre too brittle to make your own decisions on things when theres SHILLS around.

americans in general shouldnt post online imo. they're too brittle and ruin the place with their psychosis

>Even if looking further into the evidence comes up with nothing
You didn't look further into the evidence, you just decided it was confirmation bias because Joshua Greene deleted mentions of Cred Forums from his current linkedin page

>confirmation bias is the only real way to get to the truth
Because everything that proves you wrong is obviously confirmation bias and not the truth.

Honestly what do you hope to accomplish by being a sarcastic spastic dipshit?

another great example of shilling better than league of legends

basically i know for a fact blizzard are paying shills to shill on our board because its the only way people would ever know about legion.

people talking about one of the most popular video games on a board dedicated to video gmes? nope. definitely shills