Has a video game ever made you realize you could have done more with your life?

Has a video game ever made you realize you could have done more with your life?

Like shooting yourself into the head?

I love Reisen!

Stop projecting your suicidal thoughts on OP.

Femc thread!

he's not wrong though.
honesty, this game perpetuates and glorifies normalfaggotry. you, I, and other anons would have no hope to ever have done more than what we already have, let alone live something even remotely close to the social life in P3.

the game's perfect for simulating what we don't have and then some. after I'm done play this and similar games, I have no desire to experience it in reality--especially considering that the 3DPD version is extremely substandard.

feMC is best girlp

no, i dont regret anything

Video games helped me realize that there wasn't much I want to do with my life. That my ambition is delusion and the best thing I have to look forward to is a nice, quiet, comfy grave.

They're my oldest friend. Occasionally I get pangs of ambition, but soon am returned to the artificial womb of endless mediocrity.

Also Persona 3 is fucking shit.

I went in thinking it was gonna be some shitty anime schlock, but I came away with surprisingly well developed characters. Can't say the same about 4 though

>you, I, and other anons would have no hope to ever have done more than what we already have
That's total bullshit and you know it. Reality's obviously not perfect and simulations of a social life are fun I guess but if you actually want that kind of experience there's pretty much no reason not to try, and the only reason you'd even entertain the notion that you 'have no hope' is that you've never actually tried.

God, I'm glad I'm not the only person on this board that thinks like this. I honestly believe that a lot of the guys on here and the robots on r9k could probably function reasonably well if they were willing to try and didn't run back to their safe space the moment they experience a slight failure or setback.

I'm 50h in this game and is still fucking boring.

You're better off quitting now, the ending is garbage and thematic suicide after the way they handled death for the other 99% of the game

You're both adults is all.

Seeing things as black and white as "there is no hope and it's worthless to try" is a childlike view of the world and yourself.

Mount and Blade made me realize hat I need to unite Calradia under one banner

Mother 3 made me feel a paternal instinct towards Lucas

>thematic suicide after the way they handled death for the other 99% of the game
lol what? actually dying peacefully is so perfectly in line with the entire EVERYTHING DIES JUST ACCEPT IT MORTALITY IS EVERYWHERE LOOK that you have to be a special kind of obtuse to think this

They denied death instead of accepting it because aigis was leading door-kun on and talking to him in that scene as though everything was fine. Everything about the scene made me think he was gonna die, and she's busy saying things to him like "Hey just wait our friends are coming :D" and in reality you can feel the death coming, and in every way felt like the game was suddenly lying to you to make you feel better. It was more insulting than anything.

The way they handled it was garbage and really insensitively stupid.

Yeah. So I decided to do it. It's a five year plan. Wish me luck.

You still can do more with your life if you really want it

It's a kid's game. No real consequences. Typical anime or superhero handling of the topic, all melodrama.

dont experience your time playing vidya as a postponement of your life. instead, realize that this is your life.

Playing Blazblue made me realize how shit of an older brother I am, my father had kids with another woman, and that pissed me off when I was young, and the fact that little kids always pissed me off, now I sometimes get nightmares of my siblings hating me for the way I acted and I wish I could have not been so stupid

>implying I didn't try
I spent a whole fucking year trying.
I guess normalfags have indeed invaded this shithole.

This might be surprising to you, but not everybody is like yourself. Not everyone has the capabilities to function in society. I've tried, but I don't like what the 3DPD version of this experience is. It doesn't help that I'm absolutely disgusting both physically and personality-wise (where the latter is near impossible to alter), but it's insane how much of a dichotomy it is. I rather enjoy a simulation than have to deal with that kind of bullshit. It's also less expensive for the most part (and I'm not just talking about grills).

If you can, or think you can, enjoy the real version of what P3 and similar games offer, then good for you, man. Just try not to project your normalcy onto others, anons; it shows your ignorance.

>the game was suddenly lying to you to make you feel better.
What the actual fuck are you talking about? The game screams at you throughout that you're going to die and in the final battle, the last move you are canonically and mechanically forced to use literally costs ALL of your fucking health. There is no denial of death, the MC fucking calmly accepts it just as the game was teaching you to do.

Also no one but the MC knew he was going to die so Aigis wasn't "leading him on", she was letting him rest because he seemed tired. SEES' handling of MC's death ties into what you're saying a bit because they should all have been able to handle the MC's death a lot better than they did in the Answer given the development each of them went through in the main game.

All P3 made me realize is I want to burn the bread.

None of what you said means there's no hope. You're hiding behind a veil of what you might call realism or pragmatism, but the truth is if you cared enough you'd be willing to put in the effort needed to change. You tried and realized that the effort you'd have to put in isn't worth it, for whatever reason. Call it what you will, you gave up. Don't pretend it's anything else.

>Talking to girl at work
>"user, don't you ever worry that you're just gaming your life away?"
I need more hobbies

Aigis didn't know, but the writers and director did in how they presented the entire scene