Is this the first time Mario has ever fought an "evil" Yoshi? Those exist now?

Is this the first time Mario has ever fought an "evil" Yoshi? Those exist now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N9_apmasgsk
youtube.com/watch?v=pFp7kt4G-Ck
youtube.com/watch?v=cvpyLWf5X8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=j0c0SmvhI-8
youtube.com/watch?v=WGiq7g7vkpc
youtube.com/watch?v=rZafoRaXWBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The first evil Yoshi is a fucking """"Henry""""
Stay classy Nintendo

>Evil
I wouldn't call it evil, in that sense. But Yoshis as an enemy is definitely a new one. I can get down with it.

>evil yoshi has henry colors
rly makes u think

>Orange Yoshi

Meme magic strikes again?

I pre-ordered the game and honestly cannot wait to play it.

Thing is, EB Games has a return feature so you can refund the game completely within a week if you don't like it. If that happens then I'll just trade it back in for credit to use on Sun/Moon.

>"Henry" mistakes Stryder for Pannenkoek and fights him in a desperate attempt of revenge

>the fight is how he became blind in the present day

You didn't fight him, and "evil" might be stretching it, but Boshi in Mario RPG.

That yoshi's not evil, he has happy eyes. Mario's the one with angry eyes, he must be the evil one.

>No Mario, you are the villain

Some kind of tutorial/scripted fight, probably.

>all those deleted messages

mamma mia

How does that shit even fit his head?

>mods doing their jobs
Sasuga, Hiro.

It might be scripted but I doubt it's a tutorial since it happens during the circus stage which is certainly not near the beginning of the game. This training area is a tutorial area though.

I do wonder how the game actually will play out. Never played Sticker Star because of all the bad press it got. But this game does look kind of neat.

I'm super curious as well. It improves upon Sticker Star a bit but I wonder if they did enough to make it actually good. I'm cautious as hell & hope for the best. I still hope they go back to the older gameplay eventually though, not a fan of this.

He's trying to prove once and for all that there's not such thing as a 0.5 A press.

>attacks you
>Mario is forced to press A (read: one full A press) in order to guard

Woah......

He doesn't exactly attack you, but there was that one blue yoshi in legend of the seven stars that you race.

lol herney lmao

>use special attack
>put the controller down and wait 30 seconds
>"kind of neat"

DEEPEST LORE

You do action commands during them though.

rpgs in a nut shell

The first time you could battle a Yoshi was TTYD. When you were fighting Doopliss after he took your body, if you kept killing the partners he would eventually switch out to Yoshi.

I don't recommend this though because that Yoshi is a fucking rape machine.

There's so much shit on the screen moving it scrambles the webm. This is what Nintendo considers to be the epitome of Paper Mario.

Here, have a better webm of it.

Eh, it still looks unnecessary. What happened to just using stylish moves?

Weren't Rexes and Eeries pretty much evil Yoshis?

It is unnecessary, their focus is to be wacky & flashy though since it'll attract people I guess. Here, have the dubstep dancing pig.

It looks neat if you haven't played Sticker Star or don't pay attention to the gameplay trailers. Yet again, your attacks are consumable, which makes regular enemies a hassle to battle. On top of that, all the bosses they've shown is super weak. The arena boss died in three turns without using action commands in GameXplain's footage.

le henry.jpg

shit that's not even paper

The concept of Things is that they're the only things breaking the paper aesthetic for random humor purposes.

Isn't a Defense Plus badge all it takes to negate any kind of damage from your Yoshi during the Doopliss rematch??

yup

No. The Gulp move will fucking massacre both Mario and Vivian.

It gives them an otherworldly aesthetic.
Like the Things in the Lego Movie.

technically you fight your yoshi partner in ttyd thanks to doopiss

so they do remember action commands

Yes, but they've been neutered to only "Press A at the right time!" Inputs.

Who the fuck is Henry?

clackclackclack Eyoooooooo

>boshi
>evil
your are retard?

It's a conmbination of bad yoshi, in the same way his japanese name is washi (warui - bad + yoshi)

Mario half A-pressed into battle, he kinda had it coming.

Those Vs aren't consummate enough.

Its a robot eye. Henry's a cyborg

So basically he's shadow
Heh..

It better not be a real Yoshi. I can only put up with Smash because they're trophies hitting each other in-universe.

Also, what are the chances of Colour Splash having decent music? PM and TTYD made me happy and SPM was pretty sweet, but Sticker Star made me weep.

You press A for unneeded damage when those cut-scene attacks wipe battles entirely.

SS's music was good, though.

I strongly disagree. I think I could have enjoyed the game slightly if the music had been passable by my standards.

I liked SS's OST, it was one of the 2 things I liked about Sticker Star.
youtube.com/watch?v=N9_apmasgsk
youtube.com/watch?v=pFp7kt4G-Ck
youtube.com/watch?v=cvpyLWf5X8Y

That being said, CS seems to be similar for the most part which is disappointing. Even if I liked Sticker Star's OST I liked how each game had their own style when it came to the OST.

what was the other thing

The Enigmansion, it felt like the only level with some thought put into it. Plus I have a thing for ghosts & haunted areas so that was a plus.

The good thing about Color Splash is that every level is set up like the Enigmansion now, where it has its own mini "plot".

Yeah, it's one of the few things I can give CS. I still hate that gameplay though, even if Hammer Scraps are a thing now,

You drop this.

...so Super Paper Mario?

Dude, that's Paper Mario in general. It's one of crucial reasons as to why Sticker Star was shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=j0c0SmvhI-8

No one posted this yet?

Ah, my bad. Last time I played, guess I was lucky and all of the partners used their standard moves, I didn't know they could use their special moves as well. Yes, I imagine being at the receiving end of Gulp during that point in the game would be catastrophic.

I think the melodies are decent but the instrumentation and arrangements are a little bit drab and generic. PM 2 and 3 had a really clear cut style to the music that made the games feel more unique.

I always liked getting the Duplighost to copy Goombario so it just wastes its turns describing Mario.

God damn it, this isn't a Yogdor thread

The skull cave looks interesting. There was some other footage that showed the same area at nighttime with Boos and Dry Bones around, and without any water flooding the bottom area. Wonder how that day/night mechanic will pan out.

>full of shocking twists
Somehow I really doubt that.

I kind of get what you mean, I had a similar issue with 3D Land & it's OST. Just out of curiosity how do you feel about the beta music of Blue Skies, White Clouds?

2010 Beta: youtube.com/watch?v=WGiq7g7vkpc

Final: youtube.com/watch?v=rZafoRaXWBI

I think it sounds amazing, I would have liked to have seen the whole trailer or anything more of the beta.

Same here, the beta is real interesting. I really do wonder if the game would've been great or not if it didn't change so drastically, the beta music alone just gives it a different better feel after all.

I've thought about if it would have been a solid sequel or if it would have been a pale imitation of the originals, there's no real conclusion to come to based on what little we know. At the very least I think it would have been better than what we got even if it didn't measure up to TTYD.

TJ

Why did it take this long for this to be posted?

It only took 13 minutes for Boshi to be mentioned

Someone ban this underage little queermo

Boshi's name in Japan is Washi, a literal combination of the words "Warui" meaning B A D and Yoshi.

He's the "Wario Yoshi" of sorts. He's badder than any bullshit from paper mario.

Hang yourself. This thread is over.

Jesus christ.

Thank God it's an end life Wii U game

He wasn't really that mean, just sort of punky.

The very first Super Mario RPG had a Yoshi enemy.

Why'd they call him something as lame as Boshi when Noshi is a much funnier name

Fuck this lore for being so deep

>He's the "Wario Yoshi"
Not really that far. Wario is an exaggerated version of Mario that looks like a drawing that someone who hates Mario would draw.
Boshi is a blue Yoshi that just dresses up like a punk. "Wario Yoshi" wouldn't even be a Yoshi anymore.

Paper mario now is an action adventure

Shit, I hate how I can only find footage of the 2011 build. Decalburg looks way better.

Being bad doesnt mean you re automatically evil

See, this is why miyamoto thought paper mario needs to slow down on the fancy ocs, keep the "other" mario characters in sports games, and ordered sakamoto to make wario more apart from mario in the warioware series

Too much bickering over theories and autism, glad sonic fans are now too agreeing they need to stick with the classic sonic cast than wanking off of sonic adventure's "more friends" bullshit

who drew this? guy wouldn't know majesty if came up and bit him in the face

what's the yoshi game where you can tilt the screen to move yoshi?

Yoshi Tilt n' Tumble

Yoshi Topsy-Turvy/Yoshi's Universal Gravitation

You're thinking of Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble

Bad Yoshi
Boshi

Washi
Warui Yoshi

Thia fight will be really depressive and naive

Boshi was cool as fuk

>mario stands with his back to the hole
>somehow nails it anyway

After building speed for 150 years Mario's shot bends time and space