What a fucking disappointment

What a fucking disappointment.

That's a hella cute style, what game?

Momadora and I have no idea why OP is calling it a disappointment. If you watch any gameplay you know 100% what the game is going to be like.

Momodora

It's cool but i see it being praised left and right and it's fucking nothing.

Looks like a Metroidvania. Also I think I saw a bit of Horikawa Otane playing that. She's the chick who made the Super Mario Bros. X engine and she does videos with raocow on a regular basis.

How so?

A
FUCKING
LEAF

in a world were AAA studios produce shit for $60 a game that use and old style of game play could easily gets praised for that.

I hardly see people praising it here. Most simply recommend it when people ask about indie titles.

I actually think the game's underrated for how good it is.

Momodora 2 was a bit like Metroid. Really enjoyed it.

Good game.

Wasn't that the game by that guy who actively attentionwhored pixel and sprite threads on Cred Forums for feedback?

Name one fucking Metroidvania that came after Aria of Sorrow that wasn't a disappointment, I'll wait.

Chelsea and the 7 Devils

Castle in the Darkness

Environmental Station Alpha

Post your favorite boss fight

>She's the chick who made the Super Mario Bros. X engine
SMBX is made by the creator of Terraria, not that lady.

I really enjoyed Portrait of Ruin

I thought it was great. Never played the first three.

For anyone with game creation knowledge, how hard would it be to make something like momodora with Game Maker Pro?

That's what it's made with.

The latest was made in GM:S. The earlier ones used GM 8.1 Pro or earlier pro versions.

It's okay, Some of the enemies can be kinda annoying and the level design is nothing special

i don't really care for metroidvanias that try to be difficult, I like them more for the exploration

Okay then, indulge one more IDEAS GUY question. would it be possible to make a more physics based side scroller/platform game in GM:P in the mechanical style of Captain Falcon's momentum and move set? To me he's the most "fun" to play so a game that just copies the way he plays seems like it should have been done already.

Play the first and second ones, they're free.
First one is unpolished but short.
Second one is much better.

Also I meant GM Studio. Got it from the humble bundle.

I'm pretty sure Fennel is everyone's favorite boss. The other bosses in that game were good for the most part, but Fennel was by far the high point of the game.

For the most part, anything you could think of in 2D is possible. Just takes effort. I don't prefer Game Maker because it sacrifices control over being more accessible to beginners. So you might have to jump through a few hoops to do things like shaders. But if you're a beginner I guess it doesn't matter in the first place. Anyway, go for it.

Red pill me or blue pill, whatever on 4 cause I've been hearing different things about it.
Played 1-3 and liked them all.

I think the levels are better in 3. but everything else is better in 4.

Pretty much. She was the only humanoid boss who was highly aggressive and mobile. The rest were bit sponges or just plain dumb.

Yep
Love that pretty bitch

but the witch was fine too

Pretty much.

I wish arrows weren't so overpowered. I ended up avoiding them most of the time because of how trivial it made most of the boss fights.

An Untitled Story

Shadow Complex
La-Mulana
AM2R

What item is being used?

Dawn of Sorrow
Portrait of Ruin
Order of Ecclesia

Especially Order of Ecclesia.

Guacamelee

Those were all disappointments in that they came nowhere near Aria, even OoE was good as a linear action game.

No item just me pausing it.

>1 speedrun for charity speedrun stream
>praised left and right

It is pretty solid and challenging and very polished metroidvania

The only cons is the length but it is one man studio so.

I liked going through most of the game in cat form once I got the sphere.

I didn't find this game especially engaging, and the combat was merely okay. Glad I pirated it.

>Polished-as-fuck gameplay
>multiple endings
>bonus items for no-hit runs
>great speedruns
>one. fucking. dev.

The fuck were you wanting, 40 hour Dark Souls in 2D?

>Valdis Story
>Momodora
>ESA
>yet people praise overhyped and boring as shit Salt and Sanctuary

underrated

Because Dank Soulz aesthetic and OMG SO HARD xD, you know as well as I do.

I rarely abandon any games but this one I ditched after two hours or so.

Rabi-Ribi

That sorceress reminds me of my waif.

I liked it but damn is it short

Rabi-Ribi is pretty good, but I don't think it's metroidvania elements are all that great.

I think it's strengths lie in the boss fights.
Was Rabi-Ribi supposed to be a Touhou fan game?

Valdis Story

>leaf

I'm going to give it to you straight, user: If you liked the first three games you should be well informed enough to know if you'd like the fourth without being spoonfed.

Reverse image search gives me nothing, for the love of god WHERE

>I'm going to give it to you straight, user
but I want you to give it to me gay not straight

>that one-handed speed run
Oh Lawdy.

gelpooroo

oh of course, I'll look at danbooru and paheal but not gelbooru

fucking good Kaho art just shorted my circuits

thats looks terrible. her actions dont even take your position into account

I'm going to give it to you gay, user: If you liked the first three games you should be well informed enough to know if you'd like the fourth without being spoonfed.

her last attack is heavy and can one shot you but it has zero mobility that's why it looks like she strikes empty space when I rolled by

she can't cancel it

Fennel doesn't have any sort of movement that isn't part of an attack. It makes her look very clunky and it also makes her targeting look poor.

She can change direction with light attack sometimes, especially during first phase, but second phase her damage output and reach is almost doubled and she has less mobility overall

I always saw the game as "The adventures of Reisen: Featuring Ribbon from the Kirby series"

I wouldn't be surprised if at one point it was supposed to be one