What does Cred Forums think of this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KpyXkjW_ld4?t=252
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_inverse_square_root
twitter.com/AnonBabble

._.

I guess I can go fuck myself

kill yourself eva

Needs to hurry the fuck up in its development.

Eva is worse than a jew when it comes to handling his patreon shekels

It's a game with no direction and consists of premade assets.

It's a funny meme game but it's been delayed because Eva has no idea what he's doing and keeps adding any feature he thinks of without a clear plan.

The joke isn't funny enough to last until 2040 when the game finally releases.

Vaporware desu.

Who tf is eva?

spot the newfag

you, faggot. get out.

Checking 90 emails a day doesn't stop you from making a fucking game.

It does if you're an autist from Cred Forums

But I'm too much of a retard to set up a second email!

Woolie says he's hyped for it so I am too

how did this meme game get so much popularity again?

especially considering the subject matter lol.
I'm amazed SJWs haven't jumped down this guy's throat yet.

>Rival #8 is the Bancho who wants to summon a demon

>Rival #9 is Senpais little sister

>Rival #10 and the final boss is the daughter of the Journalist that Yandere-chans mother murdered and made his life a living hell

Lets players + Meme modes

>game where you murder innocent people is a-ok
>if you kill a cat you're a bad man DELETE THIS

Why are this game's fans so hypocritical?

The developer is a scam artist aspiring to be on the same level as Sean Murray.

Killing minors as well

jew scam vaporware fuck u patreon shill

Yeah that too.

I mean what the fuck.

I can't believe they bitched over the fact that a psycho like yandere-chan would kill a cat but not over the fact that she murders high school kids out of some creepy obsession.

If he was a proper autist from here he wouldn't have such thin fucking skin. Holy shit, honestly, did he think he'd never get any criticism from here?

Can someone post le long neck mans face already

Looks boring

Who?

>Can't set up a 2nd account
>can't get someone with patreon shekels to check it for him
>Can't set up a filter

Then again
>can't even code

not a game

Not an argument

Jesus fucking Christ.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Only 3 more.

This

Fucking Cred Forums had me thinking the dev himself ACTUALLY murdered a cat with how they were freaking out and nope it just turns out it's some dumb mechanic in the game. Fucking newfags everywhere these days

Where are the comments?

Killing a cat is retarded mechanic

>Have trained police dogs to search for buried bodies
>Won't distinguish cat from a human

Fuck if i know, not like i coded it.

There is no good reason this should exist.

>reading every email
come the fuck on lmao

i believe its worth spending money to keep evaxephon from trying to become a streamer again

>this code

spend the money on a fucking hitman or a gun, a bullet, and a train ticket then holy shit

you never know when a qt girl will email and confess her love for you!

it was supposed to be
>Cred Forums: THE GAME
but the dev couldn't handle the bantz

>qt
it's not like anyone attractive is gonna fuck eva for his money, since he has no money and will be worth no more when this game """"""""""releases"""""""""", and he's butt ugly too so he has zero redeeming qualities

>game

this isn't TERRIBLY bad honestly

>dev runs to redditchan
>redditchan comes to brag about it every YS thread but nobody gives a shit
>redditchan starts to bantz with him when they get used to his company
>he can't handle it and leaves there too
utter kek, how can one dev be so pathetic

From my incredibly limited coding experience and your reactions, I take it the arrangement of this code is unnecessarily obtuse and sub-optimal in some way?

As someone who knows nothing about coding beyond gr.12 computers, what is this image about?

Evaxephon

>Abandons us for 8 calling us immature and mean
>Abandons 8 calling them immature and mean

So where is he now? reddit?

they're just stupid. If anything, they're just bitching that he used a much-more common "if/else if/else" statement than a case statement.

The OOP is a little odd, but that's normal for rookie programmers.

It's "sub-optimal" to the point the game would struggle to run at 60FPS on a quantum computer.

When every single condition is different there's no fucking reason for the statement to even exist
This is how spaghetticode happens

>much-more common "if/else if/else" statement than a case statement
that's such a fucking dumb reason if you know anything about how assembly works. literally nothing of value was lost

His email client

jesus christ does this guy not know of if and statements or does the engine he use that shitty

Reddit booted him IIRC

Fuck off eva, wasting trips like that.

>Rookie programmer
>Wants to create a huge scope video game

he's using unity.

No yuri, no buy.

>if you know anything about how assembly works
Premature optimization is literally the worst practice to exist in coding, user

damn i thought he actually modeled these

>Toon

What happened with the Cred Forums designs anyway?

Nothing.
Because it's not finished yet, and I'm not a fucking idiot who judges videogames before they end their development cycle and quite frankly neither of all of you should.
And if you already don't, good keep it on like that.

It's so shittily coded, it can't run 60fps on my PC that can run games like Crysis and GTAV on high settings at 60fps

>there's no reason to have an if/else statement
>if every condition is different
if/else statements... sort of... depend on conditions... being different...

stupid fuck.

It chokes the most when there are """""""Crowds""""""" of more than 2 people, doesn't it?

>does the same comparison multiple times instead of combining them
>doesn't use bitwise comparison to make them readable and more functional
>FemaleHair[Hairstyle].active implies that all hair styles exist simultaneously and are activated/deactivated as needed

I'm not the best at code optimization, but this guy has me on the verge of tears.

Wait..
He's using a pre-made model?
I thought he made them

I thought he hires artists who make assets for him,
not to use premade models??

Yes

I'm guessing he's using really inefficient pathfinding or something to that effect

He pretty sure he said he won't hire a PA because he doesn't trust them not to leak game secrets or some shit

>partitioning out areas of code is how spaghetti code happens
you don't even know what spaghetti code is.

The amount of time it will take for that compiler to rip through those if-statements is epsilon. Having code in a logical, testable, readable order is more important at early stages.

It'd be "spaghetti code" if each of those statements called a function, which overloaded another function that was included in an include of an include of an include of an include of a library that was deprecated 2 years ago and you can't download on the web without dodging large green "DOWNLOAD BUTTONS"

If you want to see spaghetti code, work on an abomination like SugarCRM some time.

I dont know much about coding. but couldnt most of those if statments be bundled into 1 more efficient condition? they all equal a game over so why does each condition need its own bit of code?

>Premature optimization is literally the worst practice to exist in coding, user
Not in game dev or any other sort of time-critical applications, such as embedded systems

Pathfinding is one also
That loop is inefficient when having 1 random NPC now imagine that trainwreck being done for 5 or 15.
IOI makes best crowds, then again Glacier 2 is a pretty good engine and if Absolushit did anything good was being a decent showcase for the crowds.

They don't. Try telling him that on twitter, though :^)

His code is bad for so many more reasons.
For starters, I'll bet all these retarded string comparisons are a big factor of the lag you get when there are many characters in the area.

I understand what you're saying, but as soon as a game becomes public it becomes a subject of judgment, open to criticism. That's the tradeoff for early exposure. But that doesn't mean you can't have sensible opinions on something you know it's unfinished, they just need to be more cautious.

This isn't fucking MGS or some shit, what fucking "game secrets" could really be worth hiding, he's just hindering himself for an extremely asinine reason, no one's gonna cry when you spoil the plot of Yandera Sim to them

Of course it could also just be that he's using
>muh emails
as an excuse to drag his feet developing the game

So his patreon "Help me hire artist" thing is bullshit?

Using cases instead of if/else where appropriate is not "premature optimization".

Yes
Unless he wants to hire a 2nd coming of DaVinci.

Up his own ass.

I'm guessing the artists he wants are for making more hairstyles and underwear or some shit.

why do you keep posting about his code when video games are about fun not coding

yandev isnt a coder hes a game maker

hes literally the next kojima

Because reading his code is much more fun than playing his game.

youtu.be/KpyXkjW_ld4?t=252
Nice bait though.

How come this nigger still can't fucking code for shit?

Why the fuck won't he just set up a 2nd e-mail ONLY FOR REAL SHIT like ACTIVE VOLUNTEERS and not give a fuck about the other e-mail account

Most important of all, why can't eva stop being such a fucking sissy? He seems nice, he seems like he tries, honestly I don't think he's that ugly, he's not great, but if he worked out he'd just look like a normal human and not have to worry about being a fucking wizard

in fact he's probably here rn reading this shit, instead of reading pointless fucking e-mails

maybe we should just write him more mail? i want to see just how ridiculous it gets, i've lost count of the amount of long ass nice presentation videos he's done about this, and he never fucking learns.

ALL E-MAIL YANDEREDEV

I don't know what's happening, but as long it works, it's okay, right?

So I have no fucking clue what kind of language this is, but wouldn't it be much more easier to just fucking make a witnessed object with all relevant data and doing this shit in one go instead of having a fucking if forest?

he cant code because he quit his job after 2 years, where he was a game tester i believe. he went to school for animation.

A better question is why does he reply to the shitty spam emails, why doesn't he just read and ignore the ones and only reply to legit ones.

I don't play shitty ironic meme games

Not really, everything besides the character models need to be made.
As far as I know all of the other 3d content and textures are original.

That and he never intended to keep those models in the final game but they just ended up becoming iconic to the project.

It's pretty ugly code. When you have code like that, you're much more likely to let errors slip in (for instance, say, if he wanted to change something on the this.Alarm -= Time.deltaTime lines and forgot one so it fucks up the entire timer)

It's more for and that there are huge optimization problems.

dumb garbage tier Cred Forums audience pandering meme game on the same level as 'headpats 'please

>Post Yfw you were glad you aren't Eva

That attitude will get you through high school if your teacher doesn't give a shit.
my IT teacher would've destroyed you for that, he was almost literally pritchard, even looked like him
When creating big projects you can't go in with mentality "just the fact it works is a success"

It's C++; it would.

That's C# with Unity actually. Still relevant.

Would it be better to use java to make a game, or does C++ have more freedom to do what you want?

Ah shit, my bad. I used to use C++

you know what, fuck it, i am gonna write this faggot an e-mail

>People dont donate me $5,043 per month for my meme game

Yes, until you try to change something and everything goes down the shitter. Code like that paves the way for huge fuckups.

Meme trash, incompetent dev on a power trip, store assets

What else is there to say, just forget and don't talk about it let it die

C++ would be better due to letting you optimize more.
Java is worse than C# in every way unless you want portability.

Reminder that this happened

>Eva, YandereDev left Cred Forums cause too much negativity
>claims reddit is a better place
>goes to reddit
>gets kicked out
>came back to Cred Forums without code and shilled his game over and over
>one time he actually forgot to take it off
>Thread has been pruned or deleted

This thread as we speak is made by him, say hello to the man who sold the Cred Forumsorld

>Cred Forums writes a letter to Evaxephon 1 word at a time

All I know is that the dev threw a tantrum on eightchan and fucked off to redi.dt, then they apparently kicked him out since they didn't want to suck his dick either. Idk what he does now, youtube comments?

WE

not eight chan, he did it here on Cred Forums

ARE

WE furfags

BIG

FOR

Fucking Meerkat bastard, I'm tired of your ass.

If I wanted to make a game, what should I not do that this guy does?

I fear the dev expanded the concept too far too fast. I would have perfected a smaller, more polished project.

Either way, best of luck to him.

Using pre-made assets. People will know how lazy you are

you don't even know how to code, shut the fuck up

Using strings everywhere.
Not having a plan for your project and letting social media/Cred Forums/reddit dictate features.
Throwing tantrums all the time.

Sup Karlie.

dont bitch about criticism, dont use pre-made shit and dont fall for any indie memes (Open world, crafting, early access)

avoid those and you're good to go

Please tell me the Karlie shit is satire.

nope

What do you think?

Why does karlie keep changing directory

I know firsthand how reality can impede independent projects.
But... it seems a bit distasteful to continue grabbing for more patreon-monies when you're not actually doing anything. Jus sayin...

>this day and age
>a popular retard
>satire
m8

>3 tswift icons
lel

i'm decently sure her code doesn't work. i'm no codemonkey, though.

It returns b if a < b, a if a > b, and 5 if a == b.

When a = b it'll return 5 for no reason.

It will return a wrong value if a == b and a != 5.

>Girls have organization.
The very fact that you think this is a bad thing objectively proves you have no idea how to code.

Literally the first words I got in my first programming class at uni is 'Don't call your variables X, Y, Z. That's bad style. We ALL know the fucking alphabet. Either name your variable after what it represents or include a note."

>reddit booted him
got a link for when it happened?

>the man who sold the Cred Forumsorld
He met his Doppelgänger?

>/*else return 5 because I'm so random yay :D*/
user...

i now only 1 "=" causes value to be assigned and not checked.

No, you're going to have to find it yourself, it's what I've heard though

Besides the wrong return value you could simplify the whole function into one line.
>return a > b ? a : b;

>muh organization
Organization doesn't matter if your code doesn't fucking work.

A goddamn statemachine would be x100times better than that. Jesus Fucking Christ.

did you even read the code on the right?

Better than just a dense block of fuck-all context. In the real world, you're not the only one that's gonna work on your code.

>underage cuck doesn't even recognize the code on the left while whiteknighting for a dumb bimbo on twitter

I'm literally a dev in "the real world" right now and writing wrong functions is not better than not writing comments man.

Especially when the "boys" code originally had comments, including a rather famous "what the fuck?"

hes about to set up his crowd funding

expect more of these threads

>buzzwords
Way to ensure nobody actually reads your post, kid. Not sure why you bothered.

We got him covered.

>THAT code on the left.
The irony is so thick I'm actually willing to believe it's satire, who the fuck grabs that without knowing what is it?

wtf is yandere

Why? Is it evil in some way?

Why? He already has Patreon, his game is 2 years into development and it still has no clear direction besides being Youtube fodder, is it going to be a last ditch attempt?

Yandere are shit tier and so is this game.

>notice how he spends time on Cred Forums rather than actually working on his freaking game
I can't blame him at all, technically, Im working right now, wink wink

What programming language should I use to make my first game

assembler of course

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_inverse_square_root
>inb4 spoonfeeding
This isn't Cred Forums nor Cred Forums

Make it in Assembly? Sounds fun.

>code
>2016
just use Unreal and conect some blueprints or something

Why can't I stop donating to his Patreon? I just like Yandere girls so much...

He did? I never saw it here, but I used to have a direct link to the eight chan tantrum. Also posted in the thread

Holy redundancy, Batman!

Edgy, horribly programmed meme game that the ugly fuck that created it uses to fullfill his perverted fantasies.

>self taught programmers
damn eva has no idea how to code OOP, bet he has no idea what a design pattern is

Stop having shit taste.

Question: How far away is this from being a genuine actually playable complete game?

Probably because you spent so much time watching the game be made that you feel like you owe it to your self to see it to the end.

Though I'm probably projecting.

How far is Humanity from establishing peaceful relations with sentient, alien lifeforms?

Send the money to me, at least you'll know I'm spending it wisely.

>// what the fuck?
Favorite part of that page.

I think he mentioned 2019 when he thinks it's gonna be ready
>for a demo test
>so he can get it crowdfunded

that's the worst made up story to get (you)s
come on user, you are better than this

"Stealth" is only now added into the game.

So probably a few years, especially because he wants to make a "Stealth" game into a beat em up for some fucking reason, I don't know why.

Might as well give that money to charity

At least it'll have SOME chance of doing good

i actually sent him an e-mail telling him to stop reading e-mail

get ready for another 20 minute presentation about how he doesn't want more e-mail, guys

Never

Just keep milking the underaged fucks with memes and no questionable content like the original planned to have.

When he was here before he said there would be rape and drug themes but there's literally nothing but memes in it now.

Seriously? Considering that hiding your crime as fundamental to this game as murdering demons is to doomguy, it's pretty unbelievable.

How did he get the weeaboos to make music singalongs for this shit?

Hitman absolushit did it and look how it turned out to be :^^^^^)

About 250 million emails away.

It's a good idea for a game, but not only will it never be finished with the way the dev works, it's absurd that after all this time the main gameplay loop hasn't taken shape yet.

In game dev you're supposed to refine the main concept first then expand outward. The fact that even the main stealth system is still so unrefined speaks leagues about the dev's incompetence, and I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't realize this game will never be finished with all the feature creep and "easter eggs"

Pretty much this.

Eva is an incompetent Reddit-fag who got exiled from Cred Forums for a reason

I'm surprised random anons haven't banded together to make their own Yandere Sim just to spite Eva.

He's being carried entirely on the premise of his game. If another game comes out first with the same premise, he wouldn't be able to compete.

Can we talk about good devs like Mike Inel?

Probably because famous lets players tried it and then it quickly caught on. It's still ridiculous though because the only stealthy things you can do in the game is just hide bodies and play a radio that will attract a teacher that just spends her time walking around in a circle, the rest are just various ways to kill rivals which will probably become useless because knife + grinding the PE skill gets the job done.

Did it really have beat em up segments? Or did it do shit like "You tried to play this game like a stealth game +25XP"

>If another game comes out first with the same premise, he wouldn't be able to compete.

I'd say that's false, because the majority of Eva's fanbase don't even care about a detailed Yandere Sim, they just want to run around and slaughter anime schoolkids Musou-style as One Punch Man or Sans

He's got a weird hard on for totally not rape hypnosis.

It's entire fanbase is like 80% female now.

That would actually be pretty hilarious. Any competent person could easily make a game with a similar premise to him and release it before he's even finished reading this month's emails.

Better than any of your code
Post it to prove me wrong

I still don't understand what the problem with this is.

I actually thought Cred Forums was overreacting to Yandere Simulator, until I stopped looking at the IDEA of the game Eva presents in his many, many YouTube videos actually started looking at and judging the product on its own merits. I imagine many other people are the same

The way he draws eyes is pretty hypnotic.

I'm a chef, not a programmer running a patreon scam for a promise of a game.
>Oh the car you bought barely starts and the brakes don't work?
>WELL TRY MAKING A CAR YOURSELF

Both.
There's a level when 47 can dress himself as a pro wrestler, and then unmasks himself, Hitman '16 is good again though, on its way to match/surpass Blood Money

>MikeZ's face when