Go to Far Harbor because this girl I know nothing about suspects she is a synth for no good reason and went to a...

>go to Far Harbor because this girl I know nothing about suspects she is a synth for no good reason and went to a rumored synth refugee
>meet this guy and the first thing he asks is if I believe she is a synth when I STILL DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HER how the fuck am I supposed to have an opinion on that
>go talk to her directly
>she herself is still unsure if she is a fucking synth
Holy fucking shit, didn't the synth refugee run some tests to confirm it or not? Bethesda's writers are the most dense motherfuckers to have ever written a game's story

>for no good reason
Did you listen to any of the tapes?

She accidentally contacted him by radio and was convinced that she was a synth, which she isn't. But at least you can explain this with the fact that she just want to feel special. However, the rest is so dumb. They don't even check the people coming to them?

all of the synth stuff in Fallout 4 is absolutely retarded, bethesda could have tried to do something interesting with synths but all they did was use a ton of stale sci fi tropes
the institute and synths would be a lot more interesting if they had an above ground fortress and some kind of presence in the game that isn't "strange organization with nebulous motives"
synths are practically terminators and the institute can make them en masse but all they want to use them for is espionage and labor

>DiMA asks "HURR MAYBE U R SYNTH TOO, HMMMM?"
>No option to politely and rationally explain how retarded that statement is, just "ME NOT SYNTH!"

I am so glad I pirated that game.

If the only way to find out if someone's a synth is by killing them, how could you check?

Voiced PC was a mistake

Haven't played F4, why is it retarded?

Why the fuck would that be the only way to check? Synths are ultimately machinery, but apparently there is no way to just make an incision or slightly deep cut somewhere to check for circuitry because that would mean the story in the game would make no sense at all (even less than it already does).

How do you know a person is a synth?

What does it matter if someone is?

If they're indistinguishable from the person they replaced, what's the point? I spent the whole game expecting them to be some sort of sleeper agents for the Institute, but nothing happened.

Voiced PC has literally nothing to do with the game's shit writing. Neither does the dialog wheel.

I haven't played F4, but as far as I heard the latest gen Synths are almost completely biologically identical to humans. Only the older gens have visibly artificial insides.

Go watch Blade runner, or better yet read the book it's based on. It's about those exact things.

He asks you what your earliest memory is and the furthest back you can go is the beginning of the game. So any "choice" you make triggers him to say "see! You might be a synth!"

>If they're indistinguishable from the person they replaced, what's the point?

The point is somewhere your real body and mind lies, probably imprisoned or dissected, and you're just a toaster who thinks its people.

I don't really see the issue, when I'm identical to biological people even down to the sex parts, but I don't age. Sounds nice

That's the point, isn't it? The game's leaving the question open for you.

Until you get activated and become a mindless slave of an organization with inscrutable or really stupid motives.

I see it as backpedaling since a lot of people hated the idea of the predetermined backstory, by making the synth thing a possibility then you can disregard backstory. It's what they should have done in the first place anyway.

It's not though, part of the last quest has you going to a secured room and the ai tells you you aren't a synth and you need one to enter. And it never explains why the bombs dropping is the earliest memory of the mc.

The possibility was always there. This is just spelling it out for you.

What if the AI told you that because it was exactly what you needed to hear to continue your synth mission all along?

>voiced pc nothing to do with shit writting
>haven't played f4
discarded

What if you're grasping at straws basing your conclusions on nothing given to you in the game? What if Bethesda just can't write a good, coherent story?

There are games with voiced protagonist and good writing.
There are games with silent protagonists and shit writing.
There are games with dialog wheel / menu paraphrasing and good writing.
There are games without dialog wheel / menu paraphrasing and shit writing writing.

Therefore, bad writing has nothing to do with dialog wheels / menu paraphrasing or voiced protagonists.

Why do you assume you can trust your memories if you're a synth?

Why do you think the possibility of being a synth means the story is good or coherent? I certainly didn't imply that.

Synths have a higher energy weapon resistance than normal humans. Target them in VATS to sniff them out.

>Todd said it was a bad idea
>He knows more about games than you

What now, fuckhead?

Todd said the dialog system didn't work out too well, not that the voiced protagonist specifically was the problem. Even if he had said that, and he didn't, he'd still be wrong because of what I explained in .

Can we all agree that Fallout 4's story is garbage and that it's just a post-apoc shooter with more dialogue? Honestly, people. It's never going to be what it used to be. Fallout is dead. The Witcher 3 was the final installment of anything resembling a classic RPG experience, and the gaming industry has moved on. If you want a decent Fallout experience, go browse /tg/, find a group and save yourself the pain of trying to pass off Betheshit as anything but a cash grab.

It's a bad RPG and a bad fallout, but it's still an RPG.

Pic always related.

That ai will only accept a very specific kind of synth, the prototypes dima and nick

A lot of that is correct but that's some sheer autism. And a lot of that is kind of bullshit.

Can you be more specific about what you disagree with? I saved this cap because the OP put so much effort into it and I mostly agree with his ideas. Calling it "sheer autism" when this user gives you a well structured, reasoned argument about why modern Fallout sucks is pretty flippant. Without this kind of "autism" we'd only have shitposting and no solid explanation of why people hate F3/4.

Aside from shitty writing, what do you guys think of Far Harbor? I just started it and I dig the atmosphere, I'm a big sucker for backwater swampy/wood areas. Point Lookout was definitely the highlight of FO3. I wish FO4 was placed in a similar location, everyone knew the game was gonna be shit but I at least hoped for some cool land areas to explore instead of FO3.5