I'm warming up to it. It doesn't seem so bad on its own

I'm warming up to it. It doesn't seem so bad on its own.

it seems awful

It looks like a lot of fun by itself, but I'm concerned about the apparent absence of a lot of things that came to make previous entries excel beyond expectations.

Devs for the game already came out and said that PM will be action-adventure series for now on because they didn't want there to be two Mario RPG series.

You're not allowed to like this OP it's already been foretold.

Nofriendos already making excuses for more dog shit.

>i-it's not THAT bad

yes it is.

Mario & Luigi series has been varying degrees of shit after Superstar Saga

Why couldn't they have killed Mario & Luigi and keep Paper Mario as the RPG series ;_;

Day 1 pirate for me

The only thing that looks good is some of the world interactions and (while i don't like it personally,) the art style. Character composition, writing, story, jokes, COMBAT, and card mechanics look terrible.

tard opinions, tard taste in cartoon.

Already preordered Color Splash.

Not going to let the miasmatic Cred Forums atmosphere turn me off to it.

Ha! Couldn't agree more.
Eat shit you spongefag

Too bad it's supposed to be a Paper Mario game like the shit that was Sticker Star was supposed to be.

It'd probably be decent if the gameplay was more like Super at this point

>good is some of the world interactions and (while i don't like it personally,) the art style
>the art style. Character composition, writing, story, jokes, COMBAT, and card mechanics look terrible.
both of these are your opinion, not one of them.

Can you honestly say that combat looks good?
It's a fact it's the same shit as Sticker Star but with a resource to spend to use cards now and thus, terrible. The writing is equally sub-par, story is as bland.

>Same shit as Sticker Star

Which is the same thing as the first two games... only without partners and a different menu.

>legitimately thinking Mario & Luigi is better than Paper Mario

Opinions are usually subjective but in this case you are objectively wrong

Not him but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

And we come back to the lie.
Card/Sticker usage =/= radial actions.
Thus, 1 and 2 do not equal 3 do not equal 4 or 5.

You really never played Paper Mario have you?

Then.why have turn based combat at all?

The design in SS was so retarded

No, genius, having the screen angled slightly behind you doesn't make the combat completely different.

You still have the action commands, same general attacks, items, all that good stuff.

I'm not replying to that.

>No standard non-consumable Jump, Hammer, Star Power attacks
>Everything is now a consumable item instead
>Removes Partners
>Removes Stylish commands which gained more Star Power
>Removes Bingo system
>Simplifies Action Commands to *only* time A-Presses when the first 2 had a variety of ways to attack
>No FP
>No Badges
>No Super Guard
>No Star Points when completing a battle which let you choose to upgrade from HP/FP/BP
>Removes TTYD's crowd system
No, you're on crack, the only thing retained is turnbased battles in general, the fact there are action commands at all & if you want to stretch it the Paint meter could be seen as FP to some but they never realize FP did more than just deliver stronger attacks which paint has so far only been shown to do.

I am.

>cant choose which enemy you attack
>no partners
>no stat customization (straight upgrades are not the same thing)
>no badge customization
>special attacks relegated to cut scenes with a couple unprompted A presses

But you already knew that. Youre just taking a piss.

You're right about the attacks being pretty much the same, but the action commands are different. For example, in TTYD you had some attacks where you'd have to press a series of random buttons on the controller, and other attacks where you would have to press and release the A button or get a meter to stop in a certain range. In Sticker Star the system is much more simplified in that it's just about pressing A at the right time (with the occasional button mash for a Thing sticker).

>Look at all of these changes made!
>Bu-but the combat itself is the same!

Go jump in a lake. My statement stands. As I said, the only real change between the two systems is how the game prevents you from spamming your best attacks.

Seriously, stop replying to it, it won't ever admit defeat.

Autism

>it's exactly the same if you ignore all the differences
Such an engaging argument

Reminds me of the hate on Overwatch Summer Games boxes.
>The event was well-received if we ignore the only thing people complain about

The differences are superficial. That's my issue with it.

SS's new expanded combat system meant that partners were obsolete, hence their removal. Badges, FP, Star Power... all of that had no reason to be in SS because of all the improvements.

>A continuous source of varied and interesting mechanics is replaced with a series of generic consumables
>Improvement

>generic

You never played SS, did you?

You never did, I can see that much.

user, is right, he's not going to admit defeat, he's just going to keep debating this with you forever.

I disagree. I think the diffrences were foundational, and that the replacements in SS were half-assed and unsatisfying. Look at the badge system, it was an elegant way to bring strategy and customization into the game while still keeping things simple. SS replaced it all with single use items, removing virtually all customization.

It's ok if you disagree though. I'm glad you enjoyed SS so much.

Well, my opinion is that making sure you have the right stickers is in and of itself customization.

Well then, now that the thread is ded,
What is your favorite enemy from any Paper Mario game, Cred Forums?

Nintendo is so fucking stupid that they think people liked paper mario because of the paper gimmick and not because of the story and rpg elements.

Nintendo is a decaying carcass at this point folks, move along. Maybe one day after Miyamoto dies they'll finally realize that people don't buy games just because you introduce a shiny new gimmick

I don't know, I guess Clubbas. I wish they would return, I prefer them over Spikes. Also Squiglets are probably one of the few enemies I liked from SPM.