>Xenu tier
Scientology
Why did you miss the best one?

>freemasonry
>belief
top zozzle

Probably some mongol "artist" who tried to make a fancy logo for Zoroastrianism

Wrong

Switch Islam with Daoism and I'd back it.

>believing in things there are no evidence for
>somehow better than being a logical, rational being

Reals, not feels.

>tfw you'll never hang Zyklon Ben with Trump's bowels

political caricature are so cringy

There is no better evidence for "better" forms of existence - at least no more than there is evidence for God.

so do you not believe in love? do you believe that anything has intrinsic value in this world?

Sounds like I've hurt someone's feelings.

>Do you not believe in something that can be measured
how stupid are you on a scale from 1 to potato?

No, I do not.

Succeeding in life has a lot to do with ignoring your fucking useless feelings instead of doing what they tell you to do all the time, because you think life is poetic and spiritual. It's not. It's cold, calculating, and mechanistic. Be a purely logical person.

There is no god but God, and Mohammad is the messenger of God.

>Succeeding in life
What's the win condition?

How can the "artists" for political comics live with themselves?
How can you keep drawing shit like this and not kill yourself?

orange

I made the images about symbols, but okay.

I thought the Weed, Masonry, Ioptic and Skull/Bones would make that clear.

I agree with most of Trumps "written" policies. But the man is a snake.

As far as religion is concerned, I can't blame anybody for needing religion in their lives. Some shit is too fucked up to live through without leaning on something or someone. Churches make great moral support.

>discard several aspects of reality for the mechanical
>I'm logical
How did you make that jump? I bet it was based on feelings.

NOT AN ARGUMENT!

how can people take religion seriously when we dont even have free will?

lmaoing at their lack of self awarness

real clear when basically the same symbols are different tiers

>But the man is a snake.
based on what? He's expressed the same concerns for 30 years.

I like to make them look like me so I can be the main character.

I can't take "Not an argument"-man seriously due to his absolutely retarded insistence that there is objective morality.

that's why you're a failure

It's the internet user.
Post a religious symbol and you're lighting a powder keg that's just waiting to go off.

You get edgy kiddies, tip-level idiots/atheists and fools who don't feel secure enough about their own belifs replying.
Ever want to create a conflict without end? Take whatever the conflict is about really and then make it about religion. The fighting will never stop.

Never mind that the thread topic is creating characters from scratch, which is something I don't have time to do since I'm the essence of a fithly casual with a job and only so much free time to spare.

Remember when political cartoonists had skill

There is objective morality, though.
There is "objective pain" as well, does not mean that inbred Pakis feel it.

>all knowlege is based on that which we cannot prove

psudo intellectual babble. we have ways of measuring observing and testing to prove the validity of things, unless you want to be a faggot solipsist and say nothing is real everything is an illusion

if objectivity is consistency and moral principles can be consistent, then there is an objective morality, the only thing is that they're contextual principles, not an unconditional set of commandants.

Please explain what objective morality is.

No there fucking isn't. You cannot prove that actions are objectively moral, and not even that they are universally preferable, like he is trying to.

>confusing determinism with fatalism

part of the reason you're a failure

>There is objective morality, though.
"Objective morality" is a contradiction in terms.

It's the thing every God hating atheist refers to when they claim that God is evil. Of course, there is a layer of just irony in there.

it's The Watchers.

determinism only works in hindsight

There is an objective order in which things are. The fact that everybody sees it differently, does not mean it isn't there.

Take sight or vision for example. Everybody looks at the same table at a different angle.

Do you have an objective, rational basis for being moral, though?

that guy is stupid, there is no objective morality however you dont need a book or sky man to tell you that needlessly hurting others is wrong

>God hating atheist
how can one hate someone that doesn't exist, and doesn't even have agenda on his own?

ob·jec·tive
(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

mo·ral·i·ty
Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.

prin·ci·ple
A proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning.

prop·o·si·tion
A statement or assertion that expresses a judgment or opinion.

Do you see why "objective morality" can't exist?

Objective (not influenced by personal feelings or opinions) Opinions. That's what you just said.

I don't think 'objective' means what yous think it means.

>however you dont need a book or sky man to tell you
Is 1+1=2 because a math book tells so, or is it written down in a math book because it is so?
The book in question states (quite clearly) that mankind is cursed now that it knows good from bad (=has morality).

Morality is a herd instinct, not some social construct bullshit. YOU have to know what's good and evil, not someone telling you.

To sum up: Don't be a dick

>Islam
>mid tier
>Christianity
>low tier

This chart was made by a mudslime

ignore

I don't have autism, sorry.

>Freemasonry in Mid Tier.

Get your facts right, mate. It's not a religion, for starters. And I cannot think of a single other group of people that do as much good as they do. They have been targeted by conspiracy theories for centuries but if you just look at it closely you can easily see it's all bogus and that they do a whole lot of amazing work in each community they're a part of, as well as donate vasts amount of money to charities often aimed at giving children a brighter future or making scientific advancements against terrible diseases.

>muslims
>making islam mid tier instead of high tier

It's like you're retarded and whoever made the image knows that.

But Islam is better than Christianity.

All the hadiths have sources provided so you can gauge their reliability, while the Bible expects you to take everything at face value, even after being corrupted by translation errors (something the Islamic community has taken careful effort to ensure does not happen to the Quran). Islam is the more rational faith.

A logical principle can be consistent and objective. Not every principle is based on a closed, specific proposition. Otherwise math wouldn't have been discovered.

>"Not an argument" meme

Jesus Ben. At least Trump would be our first atheist president.

This is the most on the nose comic I have ever seen. There's 0 subtly to the entire thing.

>Morality is a herd instinct
We have herd instinct, that is true.
youtube.com/watch?v=l_VYCqCexow

People should educate themselves. These are old arguments. I have little interest in bashing my head against a wall day after day.

no it works for the present as well, check it out

you cant tell me the next thing you're going to think, that would require you to think a thought before you think it. your mental process is a chain reaction you have no control over.

all of your proccesess are based on external stimuli and you're just along for the ride. there is no little magic machine in your head that lets you choose. and what the fuck does it even mean to choose? that you could have done differently? now THAT is hindsight. like such fucking nonsense, saying "i could have done differently" is like saying "if the universe was in a completely different state when i made my decision, things would have been different". maybe free will is a neccesary illusion, but an illusion none the less

He explains it here. He didn't know what he was posting user.

The topic is the thread is why don't you make your own coustom characters.

The Qur'an is a carbon copy of the Bible, let's be real here

Except with a few verses added in about killing the infidels, something which the bible does not have. The Qur'an therefore, also promotes violence

it was written down because it makes sense for practicality in our observable world

archaic notions of prayer and sky men have no place in the modern world

>All the hadiths have sources provided so you can gauge their reliability, while the Bible expects you to take everything at face value
You have that shit backwards. The church has continuously changed their interpretation of the bible if natural science contradicts it, because God's creation can't be wrong. Most Christians perceive the bible as a mythos rather than fixed law. The Koran is law and and contradiction to it is wrong according to Muslims.

How's Germany Achmed?

I wish the people controlling drones would have no morality and turned all shitty mudslime countries into a parking lot.

>we have ways of measuring observing and testing to prove the validity of things,
Sure but only a very limited scope of those things can be measured objectively. In fact the very notion of objectivity is actually incredibly recent and very limited and easily misleading.

>if objectivity is consistency
No, it isn't. "Objective" means "pertaining arrangement of physical matter", actually. Because that is the most fundamental and principal frame of reference that we can all utimately agree on, which makes it a handy, if very limited, universal measure of validity of certain types of statements. Specifically and only to statements that do however pertain physical matter and reality though.
There are plenty of aspects of life and existence that don't fall into that category though. Ethics, for an example.

>There is an objective order in which things are.
See above. First of all, our perception of the "objective" reality is actually dictated by relevance (to our survival), which throws a massive spanner into the works, because there are multiple different possible models of relevance as there are multiple possible methods to survival. Which means that we could legitimately look at the same thing from two different perspectives and SEE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS - and both of us be equally right.

>Do you have an objective, rational basis for being moral, though?
Rational, yes. Objective: disputably. Having an objective basis and thinking your morality itself is objective however, are two entirely different things.
That is like saying your judgement of a game is objective because you believe quality of a game is defined by it's maximal possible resolution. Maximal possible resolution is an objective basis, but you can't say that your judgement of the game's quality is objective.

>Morality is a herd instinct, not some social construct bullshit.
You are an idiot and those two things are literally the same thing.

If your unreliable senses tell you they're unreliable, it means it is indeed true they're unreliable, just possibly in a different way than what you observe.

With two logical sentences:
A- "I believe my senses are reliable"
B- "The senses are actually reliable"
there are only three possible outcomes: either both A and B are true, B is false while A is true (ie. senses are deceiving you) or both A and B are false, which was described above. It is impossible to have A be false while B is true, perfect and unfallible senses wouldn't tell you they're fallible.

>archaic notions of prayer and sky men have no place in the modern world
Those archaic notions of sky men are more modern than you might think.
> it makes sense for practicality in our observable world
Practicality matters only if there is a worthwhile goal. Give me one.

>killing the infidels, something which the bible does not have

Someone coming into the room and saying that the old testament doesn't count anymore doesn't actually work. The Bible is the same shit.

yeah my fav hadith is how if a woman disobeys her husband she should be thrown from a rooftop

worthwile goal? how about scientific and medical advancements to make our lives easier and fix suffering?

>You are an idiot and those two things are literally the same thing.

>instinct
>social construct

Read again you fucking mongoloid. HOW those two things are the same? Holy fuck, Cred Forums is dumb

I'm actually perfectly okay with not having free will.

you now realize you were predetermined to state that

good, thats the way it should be. do what your brain tells you to do and enjoy the ride. not much else we can do

Death fixes suffering altogether. I have reason to believe that the "practical" design in modern architecture and the murder of all things beautiful is more damaging than any illness.

>YOU MUST LIVE FOR SCIENCE AND MANKIND
Why?

When Jesus said that it was the old covenant between man and God that is what he was in essence saying.

Not that it really matters to be honest. Poeple are free to believe whatever they want. Can't force them to do otherwise.

the process is affected, not determined. One can take action by force of will, or not. Determinism is retroactive.

Because you can blame your incompetence on the higher power?
You do understand that Allah gave you free will no matter what the user said, right?

>good
That's what your brain orders you to do, slave.
>thats the way it should be. do what your brain tells you to do and enjoy the ride. not much else we can do
What a defeatist way to live. Fitting for a slave.

>Cred Forums debating religion and philosophy
Stop, this shit is as bad as fucking youtube comments

of course he was. if he was born with a genetic defect that would have killed him at age 7 he wouldnt be here to state that. however thats not the path layed out for him

cool

>how about scientific and medical advancements to make our lives easier and fix suffering?
First of all, those don't contradict most religions, second of all religious people actually tend to care about suffering of others more than atheists, with the actually explicit orders and instructions about compassion and obligation to give to charity and shit that major world religions pretty much all include.

Seriously, the problem is that you really don't even know what those archaic notions mean or what purpose they serve. It's insanely arrogant to think you actually have awareness and understanding sufficient enough to reject them as outdated and misplaced.

>HOW those two things are the same?
Where the fuck do you think social constructs come from, retard?

>confusing determinism with fatalism

jeez louise, read a fucking book. my brain doesnt want to be defeated or lay down and do nothing all day. your arguments are shit. if you never had the will to begin with, you cant change your brain. life isnt an anime you kamina worshipping faggot

>"Objective" means "pertaining arrangement of physical matter"
Which has to be consistent by definition; if it's inconsistent with physical reality, then it's not objective, and not real.
>There are plenty of aspects of life and existence that don't fall into that category though. Ethics, for an example.
Ethics fall into actions and sustainability, it's tied to what's objectively sustainable within the sphere of human action.

You think this is debating religion and philosophy?
You know nothing, fool!

Until you watch this video until the end, like I did, you're nothing but a lowered existence.

youtube.com/watch?v=DwCaZaSon9A

>islam or the Gay math tools
>better than DUDE WEED, Skull Man or Satan
Fuck outta here

>mason
>not "that guy" tier
It's a cult for special snowflakes who want to feel like they're initiated into a higher cause. Anyone can become a mason, and their entire hierarchy is built from knowledge that can be obtained from other resources, especially in this day.

>Where the fuck do you think social constructs come from, retard?
You clearly don't know what instinct is

>jeez louise, read a fucking book
You just said there is nothing to do but "observe".

you cut the world up with your intellect and claim it is made of pieces

what will it take for you to finally understand

>religious people actually tend to care about suffering of others more than atheists
Citation needed

You're in the thread user.
You've replied.

We were supposed to be talking about why we don't make characters from scratch in things like XCOM or whatever. OP fucked up with the pic.

>i'm not a slave because i say so!

I'm not a slave because I'm in charge of my instincts. For the most part, at least. The ones I'm not in charge of, are my sins.

Am I on /p/ or fuck maybe I'm on /x/ I don't even know anymore

Teddy Roosevelt is the more overrated american president.

Precisely what a thoughtslave would say.

Everyone has an unconscious mind user, stop pretending you're a snowflake

Run away user.

Morality is a herd trait first and foremost because as with ourselves on our own, morality doesn't have that much of a weight on our shoulders. If we were alone on an island there would not be much use for morality. However, put an individual among a community and morality becomes important because one must learn how to coincide with others. So yes, at its base, morality is born from the herd mentality.

>stop pretending you're a snowflake
Stop pretending you are a clock.
>Everyone has an unconscious mind
Yes, but I was referring to the conscious part. The one that I myself observe.

How come?

Literally who

>tfw Hillary is about to get absolutely demolished in the debate

Why does this have to do with Fatal Frame, you whiny cunt?

>still using Freudian psychology
the unconscious is a helper to your complete psyche, not a dark side or evil master. It balances everything.
Freedom means having responsibility for yourself, and no one else taking up that responsibility for you.

I can smell the Cheetos encrusted trench coat from here.

Explain how you decide on something. Did you convene with yourself and decide on deciding? Did you decide on deciding on deciding? Did you decide to just ignore my point or did you just do it?

You don't control any part of yourself in the least.

>Which has to be consistent by definition
Yes, but it's not the consistency alone that defines objectivity. It's the consistency with observations about physical matter SPECIFICALLY.

>then it's not objective,
True

>and not real.
AHAHAHAHA JESUS YOU ARE AN IDIOT. Seriously, you are a complete moron. First of all, good luck with sufficient definition of real. Second of all: All mental representations, all social notions, or normative structures, all symbolic representations - none of that can be defined as "consistent with physical reality". In fact we still don't know what it means to be consistent with physical reality, really: we only started getting some very broad outlines of what physical reality is like for the past hundred years.

Yet we exist and live in reality for tens of thousands of years. We have society, notions of good and bad, ethical judgements etc... all of that is as real as it gets, yet none of it is objective.

In reality, what tethers us to the physical reality is a bond much different and much more complicated than you think. And the reality that we inhabit is a world for itself. Our reality consists of heuristics, models, complex conceptual frameworks existing exclusively within social or subjective awareness.

Reality is complicated. Not incomprehensible, not random, but complicated, and your ideas of how it works are straight out of the most naive misunderstandings about science from 19th century, really.

>You clearly don't know what instinct is
You clearly don't know what social construct is if you don't realize that it's merely an institutionated form of social instinct.

>So yes, at its base, morality is born from the herd mentality.
I'm not disputing that for a second. I'm saying that herd instinct vs. social construct is a false dichotomy, because social construct is a normative behavioral patern institutionalized within a social group.
It's literally just more formalized form of instinct.

Words aren't reality, the reality you're trying define is one that only exists in your head

I prefer doritos actually

He probably read your post, thought about the shit that you wrote and made a judgment call that you're writing shit.

Actually, conciousness is a helper to unconciousness, a highly inefficient but still necessary part. Do you conciously pull every muscle when driving?

You're now breathing manually.

wait why is hillary missing her left shoe?

yes exactly. so its clear to me now that your dummy brain has decided not to educate itself and there's nothing you or I can do about it

>good luck with sufficient definition of real.
objective and consistent with physical reality. In dreams reality is subverted and inconsistent, same thing in rhetoric and sophistry.

>trumpcucks are fedora

>thinking Frued is the only one who uses the term unconscious
And it just become apparent where I am, nobody knows shit about video games and nobody knows shit about psychology

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS THREAD

OP fucked up and posted the wrong image.
Simple as that.

Denial obsession and cycles of retardation

>it's useless in singleplayer games
I'd argue the opposite. You get judged way too hard in MP games for your character design so you usually go with something non-edgy

In SP games you can do whatever the fuck you want

Your naïveté is cute

>strawmanning
You were using the Freudian interpretation of the unconscious to start with.

Keep up the good work

>im in charge of my instincts

as much as this stage of human evolution allows your brain to supress them yes

seriously just read this fucking sentence

you cannot tell me the next thing you are going to think. that would require you to think it before you think it. actions start with thought

you
are
a
slab
of
meat in your skull
that is firing electricity
based on your genes, place of birth, and upbringing
you had no control over these things so you ultimately have no control over how your brain makes decisions

how fucking hard is that to comprehend

Physical matter itself has to be consistent for observations of it to be.

But it is made of pieces, the universe is discrete

ITT: everyone is irrational and stupid except me.

>implying morality isn't part of evolution

did he choose the genes and brain composition he has that lead to his judgement?

video games

if you legitmately think he has a point you have a little brain
see

>Clock

kek

What? Since when has Cred Forums been for video games?
Since when has anyboard on Cred Forums contained it's supposed subject matter?

>ad absurdum
are you randomly bashing on your keyboard with no direction whatsoever?

mfw i have no face

You guys do know that quantum mechanics indetirminism is well established, in face better established and accepted than physical determinism, right?

Do you have proof that his genes and brain structure are what is responsible for his decision? Also some parts being deterministic doesn't mean that literally everything is deterministic.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. What kind of fucking argument is that supposed to be?

>the reality you're trying define is one that only exists in your head
I'm trying to define what people MEAN by the word "reality" you dense motherfucker. People use that word because it has some utility to them, and the first question is: what kind of utility it has.

>objective and consistent with physical reality.
Because you are fucking twelve years old by the look of it. So... meanings aren't real. Consciousness is not real. Communication isn't real. Ethics aren't real. Math, language aren't real.

You are an ABSOLUTE FUCKING IDIOT if you think the conditions of consistent with physical reality (which by the way means "objective", so you have a massive redundancy there) covers the actual phenomena that you experience through out your life.
Hell, actually, you'll never actually be able to fucking SEE the physical reality. What you see of it is 99% completely wrong, a completely arbitrary heuristics that is often deeply inconsistent with the actual properties that we are currently slowly starting to discover.

What you see and think is physical reality, your entire perception of it is a collection of FUCKING LOOSE heuristics and models developed by chance that stuck around because they happened to be beneficial to your survival on the very short frame of time life on earth had so far.
It's not fucking physical reality. Objects around you are not what you think they are: what you think and see are models, abstractions, heuristic tools.
Physical reality is infinitely complex. Our cognitive potential is INCREDIBLY limited. Ultimately, we evolved not to percieve reality, but to not die. The reality we live in is a construct based on how much it contributes to our survival, not how accurately it reflects physical reality as it would be without life to observe it.

That without speaking about social and normative...

>hmph i got him now! he used the ad homibluabgigbs argument! now that i put a label on his argument he is sure to concede!

once again, try to respond like a big boy this time. did he choose the composition of his brain? did he choose his personality?

>dharma wheel mid tier
>not enlightened tier

wew boi