Your opinion on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City?

Your opinion on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ePQqY52W5Wc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

best Game set in the 80s

DICKHEADS EVERYWHERE, YO

Best soundtrack.

Of the GTA games, I enjoyed Vice City the most. 3D action in a free-roam city with cars was still a fresh new genre and Vice City had enough improvements over GTA3 to make it feel incredible. San Andreas might have been a much better complete game but by the time it was released the 'wow' factor had become diluted for me.

The gameplay is hella dated now though. Can't really go back to playing it but I can listen to the soundtrack and nostalgia for a while.

HMM, NICE BIKE

I really want another game based there.

I
I LIVE AMONG THE CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
I HAVEN'T GOT THE WILL TO TRY AND FIGHT
AGAINST A NEW TOMORROW SO I GUESS I'LL JUST BELIEVE IT THAT TOMORROW NEVER COMES

ahem

WHERE'S THE GODDAMNED MONEY
WHERE'S THE GODDAMNED STUFF
AND WHERE'S MY CUT OF YOUR NEW ACTION??
you are making an idiot outta me tommy

It's an absolute joy, but that's more about the setting and style than the actual gameplay.

What was his problem? Tommy trusted him in the beginning somewhat and tried to get him killed again just like back in Harwood.

RUSH RUSH TO THE YAYO

50$ GOOD CITIZEN BONUS

I was so confused the first time this showed up.

YOU'RE OUT OF TOUCH
I'M OUT OF TIIME

last good gta

He straight up says in the beginning of the game he's sending Tommy down to Vice City to set up shop for them and collect their piece of the action. The thing 11 years prior to Vice City of setting him up was mafia business. Tommy knew from the get go he wasn't gonna be Sonny's bitch anymore, so even if the deal at the beginning didn't get fucked over he still would have taken Vice City for himself and not Sonny.

Overrated as fuck.

>muh shitty 80s music
>muh shitty neon lights
>muh shitty nostalgia

Half of the faggots that dick succ the game weren't even alive during the 80s, which just makes it even more hilarious the way pretentious faggots pretend like it's a 10/10 game. And all of that is without even mentioning the entire plot of the game is a complete fucking rip off of the Scarface movie. Shit taste plebs will be shit taste plebs though, so no point in arguing with any of you idiots that are delusional enough to think it's one of the best GTA games.

Protip: It's not even in the Top 5 games.

it's a meme game favored by reddit

project more, sperg.

By far the most overrated one, it's basically en expansion pack for III, --which funnily enough it was originally supposed to be-- but with a shitty map (specially compared to how good III's was) and lots of shitty gimmick missions as opposed to the straightforward action ones in III

>b-but muh nostalgia for an era I never experienced

>the entire plot of the game is a complete fucking rip off of the Scarface movie.
elaborate how it rips off Scarface.

NO MY BIKE

I TOLD MYSELF, MARIO, TAKE IT EASY

aged horribly

I POKE MY HEAD OUT OF THE GUTTER FOR ONE FREAKIN' SECOND AND FATE SHOVELS SHIT IN MY FACE

YOU BETTER TELL HIM, MARIO!

>elaborate how it rips off Scarface.

Not the guy you were replying to but you need to realize Rockstar is famous for ripping movies and calling it a tribute. They are shitty at writing original stuff. easier to rip stuff off and call it a tribute.

for example Diaz Villa is stolen from Scarface. If you get a high enough wanted level you will be chased by detectives from Miami Vice.

In San Andreas there is a scene where you are chased by a truck while you are driving a bike in "water flood tunnels" (don't know english word for them). Stolen from Terminator 2. Even got a scene where truck slams through a bridge and falls down to chase you.

Those a few things I remember at top of my head.

Better GTA.

YOU'RE OUT OF TOUCH

[SPOILER]I'M OUT OF TIME

>San Andreas

Like the first 30% of the game and characters in Los Santos are based on Boyz n the Hood, South Central, and Menance 2 Society. Although I wouldn't expect any whitebois from Cred Forums to have watched any "hood" movies or to catch onto literally any of those references.

But that is a tribute.

That's like saying, the deathegg from Sonic the Hedgehog is a ripoff of Star Wars when it's clearly a tribute to the series.

I blame the western devs for putting that shit in there in the first place. They're the ones always ripping shit off, Japs have a habit of doing it too but not down right obvious like western devs.

Betterer GTA

>posts a shitty screenshot

lol

GTAs that don't include a dedicated fart button are shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ePQqY52W5Wc

kek this was one of my first games in PS1

WUH-OH OHHHHHH

lacked good places to run your car around,everything but few parts were just a straight line with 90° turns or a dindu land firing at you.

GTA 3 at last had some good places to dorifto around and so that mess of SA which I played with muted voices cause I was sick of hearing niggah here niggah there e muh turf after 10 minutes

Probably still my favourite GTA game, but I replayed San Andreas about a month ago and that game is so much better it's amazing.

Had alot of fun with it back in the day, probably wont play it anymore tho

I miss the 80s aesthetic and the multiple (usually uneeded) melee weapons.
That said it aged pretty poorly but I still love to play it.

Your next job, is taped under the phone.

GTA VIce city when?

>skipping first town with tank rampage
that was a really fun game

yeah i have to agree with this, it could have been a much better game if they spent another year on it. the jump from gta 3 to vice city feels very insignificant when compared to the jump from vice city to san andreas.

IV > VC > V > SA > 3

what about Vice City Stories?

>mfw I hit the cop instead of the bad guy

I

I LIVE AMONG THE CREATURES OF THE NIGHT

explain

Sometimes in vice city you can see a cop chasing a pedestrian wearing a leather jacket. If you manage to hit the dude that's being chased you get 50$ but it's really easy to hit the cop instead and you end up with one star and no reward

flying with the tank is hard, but worth it

>Flying down the top of a building and clipping under the map
It was magical bro

Why did he pull out a cell phone instead of using the pay phone?

This.
Before Vice city, the real first taste of 3d open world in a big city was GTA 3 and Urban Chaos.

Vice city took everything that GTA 3 did and made it better, put it in a more appealing setting and decade and a god tier soundtrack.

What a blast was playing it back in 2003.