Cossacks 3

>Cossacks 3

fug it's out? It looks like shit. Is it?

So, is it good?

Cool bug. I can still hear Cossacks 1's soundtrack.

The majestic landship, scourge of 18th century battlefields.

Looks pretty good otherwise.

Holy shit! A game where water evaporates!

It looks ok but judging by these screenshots it's buggy mess?

They've changed it. New soundtrack is utter garbage

Ships sailing on land is a classic videogame bug.

Well fuck.

why the flying fuck is cavalry so fucking slow? Every video i see they're moving at the speed of every infantry unit, what the fuck is their point?

This isn't a bug. I'm pretty sure this is the cheat menu holdover from the original where you could spam any unit, anywhere. It necessary because enemy ai never recruited large armies and never recruited anyone other than mercenary grenadiers and 17th century pikemen.

That's the heavier cavalry. Don Cossacks on the other hand, practically fly across the battlefield.

This.

Also, from what i've seen on youtube they slightly improved the AI.

>Don Cossacks
You mean Sich Cossacks. Don Cossacks are slow as fuck.

Since C1's AI was just sending small groups of mercenaries, it wasn't that hard to do.

Depends on difficulty. On hard the AI sent larger groups of mercenaries, pikemen and even cavalry. Plus the usual mortar harassment.

I stand corrected.

After all these years, I'm still amazed at how horrible the ai was in Cossacks 1. Even the expansion didn't improve it.

I remember the ai being obsessed with mortars. Yet only assigning one mortar to a target.

This image is from the map editor where you can put ships on land for some reason.

That being said, the online mode is straight up broken. It doesn't work. You can barely put in AI enemies because the dropdown window for their difficulty disappears almost instantly. You cannot join friends, you have to manually search for thair room. And you 'cant even password protect it, a thing you could do in European Wars in fucking 2000.

Is Cossacks a good series for autists like myself who enjoy RTS campaigns more than multiplayer?

A russian 17th Cnt. pikeman always runs away from a turkish light infantrist, getting killed in the process. Go ahead, try it out in the level editor. (Pess enter, type "www" and press enter again, then press P to open the windoe to spawn units, half of it inaccesible due to the mini map covering it. Num pad to switch teams in editor.)

Is that a joke or a bug? It could be both.

Can someone make a gif of that? It's hillarious.

Who /betatesting/ here?

Cossacks 1's campaigns are GREAT but brutally difficult, expect to try the same scenario a dozen times before succeeding. Not on a micro aspect but knowing the map, scripted events etc.