Imagine that Pokemon franchise has monthly updates to balance the game and trying to make all Pokemon available

Imagine that Pokemon franchise has monthly updates to balance the game and trying to make all Pokemon available.

Does it changes for better?

Other urls found in this thread:

sho-n-d.tumblr.com/
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59040188
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A balanced Pokemon doesn't make sense. It's a collection game for children and young adults. Not a tournament fighter.

Fuck off
Competitive Pokemon play is a thing that exists and there is a world championship tournament type thing that happens every year where you can win real money playing Pokemon.

Yeah, that's Pokemon Go

if sakurai can't balance a 50 character roster, what makes you think gamefreak can do 721+?

>Competitive Pokemon play is a thing that exists

I am aware of it's existance, but pokemon games are not made to be played competitively, that's just people trying to force it to be. It results in everyone using the same exact team with maybe one or two variants.

>Find source of image
>There is only like 3 pages
What the fuck, I need more

/vp/ was created for all things pokemon. That means this thread shouldn't be here and is rule violating content. That board was created because pokemon players in all their pure autism, would post dozens of times each and got radically offended when you didn't like what they did.

Recreate this thread there and let's make Cred Forums great again.

Because what we need is another shitshow of a thread discusing gender equality. Fuck off.

This thread is not rule violating content, as the rules do not specifically say that Pokemon content is not allowed on Cred Forums. Compare this to say, MLP, where the rules specifically say that MLP related content must stay on its own board.
Furthermore, see the picture here. The mods allow Pokemon content on Cred Forums, as Pokemon is video games.

Please fuck off and kill yourself.

>someone makes a clearly video game related thread on Cred Forums
>people complain
>"let's make Cred Forums great again"

Source me

Who is that semen demon?

Sauce please

Boys can't be semon demons

You lazy niggas aren't even trying to look.

sho-n-d.tumblr.com/

You mind sharing the source? The only thing that comes up is a tumblr page that doesn't have the rest.

Neither can cinnamon rolls user

They can be succubi (male), so they can be liquid priests too.

No. I love playing Pokemon competitively, but they shouldn't all be on the same level. There's value in the world building and plot and some pokemon are just weaker than others. They shouldn't all be on the same level as say, Arceus, and they shouldn't all be Sunflora-tier. Some pokemon should just be weaker and some stronger, but that shouldn't stop you, the player/trainer, from using them. Be creative enough to find a niche for them they can shine in, play with them in the tier they belong in, or play with them in-game.

>succubi (male)
You mean incubus?

pretty disappointing

no

I wouldn't say so. With a game like Pokemon, where you have 100's of different "characters" to choose from with tons of further customization in terms of move list, held item, and a Pokemon's nature, it's simply not viable to balance out all of them.

Now, I do believe that a select collection should be balanced, updated, and rebalanced; all of the legendaries, fully evolved starters, and several other select ones. Certainly not every single one though.

there are quite a few pokemon that are 100% outclassed by others making them entirely pointless
that could do with some balance giving all pokemon at least a niche that's unique to them regardless of overall power

that said GF has no idea how to balance their own game

ITT: that one Pokemon that deserves an evo

about him
is there any reason he hasn't gotten an earth/rock form for sandstorm?

Rui from gatchaman crowds it's actually a good anime

Dunsparce is worse than Togekiss at what it does, and Togekiss is worse than Jirachi at what it does. Know something? I like Dunsparce and Togekiss both and I use them both. Being outclassed is totally, absolutely okay. There's over 700 pokemon and more and more each gen, they can't all have a truly unique niche and they, imo, really shouldn't. In nature not every animal has a unique niche, go far away enough and you find another, different animal that fulfills the same one. I prefer that Pokemon be like that as well. And I prefer that they aren't all equally powerful.

>good anime
>SJW views everywhere

>no Ground Sandstorm
>no Water/Flying Huricane form
>no pure Flying Typhoon form
>no Electric Thunderstorm form
>no Fire/Water Sunshower form
>no Warer/Ice Mist form

inb4 hurrdurr no reel wethur

Fuck off losers, make more weather types

>Jirachi
>in the age of Knock Off

>ground for sandstorm
user, it's rock that benefits from sandstorm, not ground.

dunsparce and togekiss both have niches
a very obvious one is their different typing giving them alternate immunities and weaknesses

I'm more talking about something like say a Luvdisc which does not have a niche what so ever.
The only thing it can do is combine high speed with swift swim something which floatzel, a pokemon with the exact same type and same (and bigger) movepool can do better

The competitive pokemon scene is a fucking joke m8.

>salty manchildren
>open cheating "everyone does it lmao it's fair"
>shitty tactics like time stalling are encouraged

Even the current world champion was distributing illegal clones of his hacked ass raichu on twitter.

Because sandstorm isn't weather? Do you think sand pours from clouds?

>add a rock form for sandstorm
>evo boosts every stat to 85-90
>keeps forecast
there, Castform is now a god. It already has a good moveset for it's gimmick, he just needs a stat boost.

Seriously every fucking on topic thread has someone telling people to move it to another board so that Cred Forums can continue pretending to be Cred Forums

I'm pretty sure he means succubi (male)

>if it doesn't come from clouds, it's not weather
you humongous fucking moron
kill yourself

Succubus means 'one who lies beneath'. It refers to the sexual position, not the gender. So a male succubus is possible.

Not really a god with those changes, just usable maybe.

Luvdisc's niche isn't in the meta, imo. Luvdisc's niche is in the game itself. Heart scale dispenser and being a symbol of love. Not every pokemon's unique niche is competitive.

>Succubus means 'one who lies beneath'
where the fuck did you get that from

It's just a wind storm occurring in a place with lots of sand you idiot. The sand itself is not weather.

The word is derived from Late Latin succuba "paramour"; from succub(āre) "to lie under" (sub- "under" + cubāre "to lie in bed")

Oh, the origin of the word. That's not how it's used in conversation.

I know, but that's what the name means. A male can lie beneath another male, so a male succubus is possible. That's like saying the word gay can't mean happy, or queer can't mean weird, because that's not how people use them anymore.

Pokémon aren't meant to be equally strong, this is a stupid idea that goes against the very core essence of the games.

Raticate, Beedrill and Tangela aren't as strong as Exeggcutor, Kangaskhan and Machamp because Game Freak didn't balance them correctly, they aren't as strong because they aren't meant to be.

Except people literally do use the word gay to mean happy and queer to mean weird. It's not the most common usage for gay anymore, but there's a popular Christmas song that everyone knows that uses it just like that. No one, literally no one, uses succubus as you are describing it. No one has in many many decades. The origin of a word is not the same thing as a definition of a word. Language is fluid and it changes, and whether or not succubus ever meant that it does not now. Succubus refers to a female demon that fucks men, incubus is the male equivalent for females.

Sure and that's great and all but more Pokemon being viable is always better for the game in literally every way.

Except it's not. It's better for the meta. It's worse for world building. There should always be a wide variety of competitively viable Pokemon, and Gamefreak does a pretty good job at ensuring that. But removing the pool of Pokemon who aren't competitively viable is not a good thing. They already have their own purposes outside of battle.

sand can be picked up and transported for 1000+ km where it causes a sandstorm

if that's not weather then neither is fucking rain

why would they do anything when you furry fags just eat that shit up and beg for seconds and thirds? theres a reason its the same fucking game for 15 years.

>There should always be a wide variety of competitively viable Pokemon, and Gamefreak does a pretty good job at ensuring that

no it really does fucking not
there's like 8 competitively viable pokemon at this point if everything is allowed

there's a good reason communities like say Smogon require a shitload of rules to get anything resembling a viable competitive scene

There are different metas. Not every Pokemon that shines in 6v6 singles will shine in 3v3 singles or VGC. Specifically VGC, the format that Gamefreak is most concerned with, is usually pretty damn good about having a lot of variety.

do you want me to post the VCG team picture
because I will post the god damn team picture

Dammit they need to finish what they've started, I am completely erect now and those 3 pages are not enough.

source? (tried google, didn't come up)

>is usually pretty damn good about having a lot of variety.
>usually pretty damn good
>usually
I am not happy with the current meta. But as a whole, Gamefreak is usually pretty good at making a varied and healthy meta.

Not everyone plays pokemon competitively.

I don't even know how people do it with almost everything being so fucking random.

their legendaries always caused massive centralization
unless GF makes a decent banlist there's never going to be a good balance

Using a move with 85 accuracy that can OHKO your opponent's Pokemon when you have a move with 100 accuracy that can KO it in two hits is up to you. Choosing to use Will-O-Wisp to burn a threat when it's not a free turn (ie. your opponent didn't just switch in) is a calculated risk. You have to weigh the pay-off versus the chance of it missing and how screwed you are if it does, then decide the right course of action accordingly.

>>SJW views everywhere
Aside from gay aliens and the crossdressing faggot (who are also real characters with some depth not just gays Except for katze he's just space satan) what SJW views are there?
>The majority is fucking retarded
>How is online bullying real lmfao just turn off the cell phone
>People abuse power
Is that SJW?

Well I wasn't actually asking how it was more rhetorical than anything, but thanks I guess.

Plus there's the fact that the entire second season is about Hajime "hahaha How The Fuck Is Cyber Bullying Real" Ichinose teaching everyone that hugboxes are dumb as shit.

Gen 5 competitive was amazing
Gen 6 in the other hand Mega evolutions was a mistake

weather teams: the gen was not all that great
and this is coming from someone who's been running rain dance teams since gen II

Found it
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59040188

I miss weather abuse days.

It's not allowed when multiple threads are made over new news.

Also bring it to /vp/, we could use some more fresher discussion.

it would have been better had tsubasa not been there, she was annoying the whole time.

lilligant will never be viable again

kill yourself retard, mods have repeatedly said pokemon is allowed on Cred Forums

it's steel, rock, and ground moron

there's literally nothing wrong with mega evolutions cunt