S.T.A.L.K.E.R

What difficulty should i try playing the first time?

I'm really not familiar with the game, any tips i should know of?

You just want a Stalker thread, right?

Master, anyway.

No, i really know nothing about the game other than what general infos

I was about to just jump into it but then i saw how many difficulties it had so i wasn't sure how to best proceed

OK then. Master is the way to go. You kill stuff easily, monsters can kill you easily. Other difficulties can change enemies into bullets sponges. Also, I think high difficulty adds to the atmosphere.

Begining will be hard, but as you progress you'll learn how to deal with the Zone and get better equipment. It's a game where you can really become walking death machine.

Have some starting guide. I would play vanilla first, but if you want mods, then start with mayby something that makes early games less shity and that's it.

Put bandages and medkits on an easy to reach hotkey.

Most mods turn bloodsuckers into absolute bullet sponges so be careful.

All right, thanks. I didn't know there were sequels/ecpansions, are they recommended?

CAll of Pripyat is good. Clear sky is for true stalker fans.

Dont get a guide learning the game for yourself for the first time is a great experience the second game in release order is buggy and the story, mainly the ending is weak, but the third game is pretty good but i like the first one the best also i wouldnt recomend mods other than bugfixes and some graphical enchancements for the first time

clear sky is by far my favourite.

>start day i nthe bar with freedom dudes
>go out with one of their squads
>go to garbage shoot some bandits because fuck bandits
>sit ontop of the train tunnel and shoot a few rockets into the bandit base because fuck bandits in the ass
>try to go to agroprom and get fucked up by the first duty checkpoint
>run back to the bar and start again

The hardest. Don't worry, you'll make it. The good part about it is that not only do you die quicker but you also kill quicker. So if you're careful, you can do better and have more fun than on the easiest.

Call of Pripyat is basically a true sequel.It improves on everything from SoC.My only gripe is that it doesnt bring most of the faction stuff from Clear Sky.
While talking about Clear sky,know that it doesnt have the same atmosphere of others in the first half because you just fight humans.
You should play all the Stalker games,in order.There is no avoid at all costs game in the series.

Wasn't the ''enemies die faster on harder difficulties'' exclusive to clear sky?

Nah

Make sure to search the fuck out of the first town. You can find merc armor on the rooftops.

It's a different armor in some patch versions though,so just search without worrying about which one it is.

>ogse
>misery

Might as well have Lost Alpha there.

My problem with Pripyat is that the atmosphere gets repetitive because you just have 3 major maps and the last one being pretty boring in terms of exploration. The story and ending was very anti climatic where you literally just run to a helicopter with a bunch of enemies spawning. They even nerfed the hell out of zombies making them not very threatening unlike Chernobyl zombies. The labs are also pretty lame and aren't really memorable. But the gameplay itself and upgrade mechanics are great and I love actually hunting for artifacts instead of randomly running into them.

>zombies
Zombies were only worth caring in Clear Sky though,they arent that different in SoC and CoP.

To be honest story was never Stalker's strong suit.