Do any of you play Destiny? Do you love Rise of Iron as much as I do?

Do any of you play Destiny? Do you love Rise of Iron as much as I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/08/10/three-days-exploring-destiny-rise-of-iron.aspx?PostPageIndex=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've not even been following it since I stopped playing
What's so great about it

Played only the 1st mission and I love it this weekend with the Friday also I will play nonstop

I bought the collection and I'm playing through the main story before I get to the DLC, it's actually pretty fun just wish I had friends to play with.

my PSN is Tuxedomask189 please add me I'm lonely or leave your name

Daddy be nimble Daddy be quick Daddy has a rock hard dick ! 1⃣cummy 2⃣cummy 3⃣cummy 4⃣! Daddy cums so much he can't cum any more! Ghost cummy Ghost cummy don't be scared! There's always more cummies that can be shared! Daddy makes me squishy Daddy makes me wetDaddy treats me like his little pet! Send this to 69 TRUE Daddy's or else you'll never get any cummies again ‼

Going to be playing non stop this weekend also

I have been playing since the beta and they've made it far more like year one and its actually enjoyable to play for me again

>hah, look at these people wanting to discuss a game I don't like
>let me just shitpost for (You)s roflmao XXDDDD

What expansion number is this? the third or the fourth? like I keep wanting to maybe pick it back up every expansion but then I remember I'd probably have to drop 60+ bucks just to play a game thats been collecting dust.

>Main story missions in Rise of Iron take 2-3 hours to complete
>Grinding is all I have left

I wouldn't be upset if the story missions weren't so fucking short. It moves way too quickly. You "kill" the big bad guy of the expansion but they still say "THERES STILL WORK FOR US TO DO".

The game is fun to play at least. I just wish there was more actual content and less grinding.

The soundtrack is actually good again as well!

The only way yo buy the game now is in a bundle with all the expansions, I think.

Tried to buy just Rise of Iron on Xbone because I have the first three expansions already, but it won't let me.

With all the expansions it's actually a whole game now and it has decent co-op and pvp. They also made it more story driven with the cinematics so you feel like you are accomplishing something.

Start rollan fags

I completely agree with that. The strikes have an element of difficulty that has made them fun for me since I'm slightly under leveled

>can't just buy rise of iron if you already have the rest

Fucking really!?

Yeah it's fun and there is a lot of grinding to be done which I guess is fine, but I wish there were more actual things to do. TTK didn't really feel like a grind because the content was engaging and interesting. I know more is coming, but currently Rise of Iron doesn't have enough to hold my interest.

You can you download it from the ps or xbone store but you need taken King (which requires destiny)

this is completely wrong, if you have the previous expansions you can get the new one without getting the whole package, same thing with ttk.

I had no issues buying just rise of iron. Did you get an error message of some sort?

>That tomb

???

I'll add you later. I already have a consistent group of friends to play with though

No.

I have no idea. I play on PS4 so I don't know the ins and outs of the xbox store. Maybe go to gamestop and buy a code.

>2-3 hours for $30

My friend is pushing me to buy it, but I don't want to buy this shit again, but he wants me to play

Ask yourself how often do you play it and estimate value from there

If you like a grind then I would say buy it but not if you aren't in it for the grind and raid. Also only having one friend would make strikes and nightfalls annoyingly hard

Is it too late to start playing?

Bungie should have never let Halo go.

dont buy it waste of money

It's never to late to start playing

Alright so get this, you have to buy it from in-game and NOT from the xbone store.

Dude what?

Halo was my favourite series of all time. Then 343 got involved

>Sepkis perfected theme

I've never played Destiny before, do I need to wait for year 2?

That is just absolutely idiotic. When you get the new khvastov you will fall in love

Wait you can post emoji here?

>THIS HORRIFYING DISEASE HAS THE ABILITY TO ANIHILATE EVERYTHING IN ITS PATH
>we kept the information about it in the basement here on a completely different planet that we never go to

I fucking hate these writers

Year 2 already happened it's year 3 now

Fuck Deadstiny and those who continue to support it, with these bullshit """""expansions""""" that shouldve been apart of the game from day one. Full game price for literal dlc, how filthy can you be.

It was used to build stuff during the golden age

Okay thank you

doesnt explain why they kept the information about it in a mars basement guarded by our enemies

No I got incredibly fed up with the grind horseshit.

I wanted a spiritual continuation of NOT-Halo.

Not this. Not like this.

The fuck?

It was kept hidden and found by the enemies.

you literally fall down an elevator and its right there

>enjoy the view with ghost[/spoiler

I really wish your character responded to that.

Are hand cannons still shit? What's the FotM gun archetype right now? Whats some of the cool shit they added this expansion?

if your character responded it would have been better but it hit me hard in the nostalgia

The new meta is going to be hand cannon because the Crucible handcannon has a perfect roll.

So since I never played Destiny before, is now a good time to pick it up?

Personally I love the grind feeling of games and I love the way they continued it and just moved on from TTK to something enjoyable

maybe not. lots of stuff will be lost on you from the other years

no, it's shit

yes

And IF not, when would be a recommended time?

for $60 you can get everything that's come out to date

Only $30 famalam

If you want to start playing it get it now. Don't wait because you will just get more and more lost the longer you wait

is it out for pc yet

Never going to happen

I don't know why but doing that final Gjallarhorn mission gave me more feels then the khvostov mission. Something about picking it up and knowing that it was finally back felt so good, the music and fighting you get to do right after made it even better.

Nice, i was looking for another PS4 player to ask. How much hard drive space does it all take up? I have to juggle games to fit them as some are huge as shit.

>SIVA is uncontrollable, if it gets loose humanity is fucked
>You should put it in your Gjallarhorn

I'll add you up. Been playing for a while and always looking for other guardians to chill with.

How much single-player content is there? As much as Taken king? I don't have the time or the people to do the raids. How's pvp? New guns all that?

Long and short is it worth the 30? Looking up the sizzle reel and bullet points never tells the full story on what something is.

>SIVA MADE THEM SUPER POWERFUL BADASSES LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE
>every enemy minus maybe servitors are significantly easier
>devil walkers now fire incredibly slow moving projectiles instead of insta deathrays with long build up

I don't have Taken King but I got the 2 smaller DLCs before that.

what's the cheapest way to hop back into Destiny? I'm Xbox one

if you're looking for single player then this is not for you. New story is very short

Who ever was marketing this as "as much of the taken king" should be fired
there are like 5 missions added, 1 new strike, and 2 remixed
raids not out yet

there is a fairly big update (1.28 cant remember how big) but the actual DLC is fairly small

>$30 for a glorified patch

Alright then, I see this would be a complete waste. I seriously wonder how they think this is worth 30 bucks if that is true. After playing vanilla destiny, hating it. Then buying TTK I was pretty pleased with the amount added and the changes added. Seems like they've relapsed into being shit again.

That final boss for the main story was pretty good I thought. The hammer gimmick was a nice change of pace from just shooting.

my favorite part of the marketing for this was
>PREORDER AND YOU GET THE IRON GJALLARHORN STRAIGHT OFF THE BAT

but it turns out you have to go out and get a year 3 gjallarorn before you can use it
Its hilarious how blatant of a cash grab this shit is

Depends on how you look at it. Amount of content sure but for me I see a hell of a lot more than just a patch for money

30 dollars is far too much for this expansion (as usual)
its got significantly less to do in it then taken king

I would've been excited for this if it was sooner. All my friends have moved on from Destiny and it won't be able to compete with games this winter

Massive cash grab I agree. And I have have been riding Bungie's dick about the whole thing

>I seriously wonder how they think this is worth 30 bucks if that is true
Because most people don't buy multiplayer games expecting them to be single player

Haven't played since rifht before the major dlc release. Worth getting or just give up as catching up on everything at this point is a lost cause?

>but it turns out you have to go out and get a year 3 gjallarorn before you can use it
We've known that for months, they were very clear about it

Wait for it to go on sale early next year and then buy.
Do not buy destiny at full price

You can buy it through your Xbox. For some stupid Bill Gates logic it wasn't in available to purchase online. You had to actually search on the console.

TTK is $40
ROI is $30
Complete is $60
Buy it all is cheapest.

ahhh I'll pass then

They did the same thing when TTK came out, they filter you to buy the collection instead of the individual content. They are trying very hard to jew the people who don't know anything.

I forgot I owned this on PS3. is it dead on that console? even worth looking into?

It's incredibly stupid but I doubt it's Bungie. That's a Microsoft problem. I doubt Bungie told them to only sell through the console. More than likely just an oversight and just wasn't added to the online store database

Rise of Iron was aight.

I feel like it was missing some context here and there. All the characters they introduced was done quickly with no cutscenes (except Saladin obviously).

The buildup was not bad, but the final mission came too fast.

Like they said, it really felt like a little story more than anything and it shows.

They dropped support for last gen systems after Taken King, so that was the last expansion you're getting there.

shut up bungie you god damn jews.

Bungie said it was smaller compared to Taken King.

I won't be able to pick this up until around Christmas because chemo

Can I get the gjallahorn mission still? Sounds fun.

>Who ever was marketing this as "as much of the taken king" should be fired
That person doesn't exist and they didn't market it that way

So in other words is probably a dead game now and not worth the effort or time?

>destiny
more like
>destined to play a couple of weeks after each major dlc then drop it again
I beat oryx or whatever the first night he was out and felt literally nothing doing anything after that

I will give it this though, destiny is the only FPS to get raiding to work, and the raids are really cool at that
I partially wish there was a separate game containing only really hard raids and it being the main focus of the game

Gjallarhorn isn't a pre-order bonus, just an additional black version of it. You'll be able to get Gjallarhorn regardless of when you pick up RoI

>Can I get the gjallahorn mission still?
Yes, only the Iron Gally was a pre-order. Bot have the same stats and perks.

Who here is hoping for a console bundle? I haven't "upgraded" to the current gen of consoles and I need something mindless and casual. Destiny usually fulfilled that until I dropped it around March.

thats all I ever heard in interviews and ads
ITS GONNA BE THE NEXT TAKEN KING WE PROMISE

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/08/10/three-days-exploring-destiny-rise-of-iron.aspx?PostPageIndex=4
>While Rise of Iron might be smaller than The Taken King
>smaller than The Taken King
Maybe you should stop watching shitty youtubers.

Enjoying it so far, though I haven't been able to play much due to work
Gonna finish that exotic Khvostov quest as soon as I can. I hear it's full of feels

>I hear it's full of feels
It's very sappy but nice

I've always wanted to get destiny but I KNOW the moment I get it, it'll be announced for PC and that's gonna be a fucking.

I'm up for that. Hell, Ghost's intro monologue in TTK made me tear up
>and I searched a very, *very* long time to find you

Sounds like Stockholm syndrome to me bud. And that's coming from a huge longtime Bungie fan. Like, I used to have a shrine dedicated to Bungie. Marathon is possibly my favorite FPS of all time.

They fucking lost it somewhere along the way. Got fucked over too much, got too big, whatever it is they've lost all their charm. Now they're just a fat, hollow shell of their glory days. Really makes me sad too cause all the winks in the Destiny lore had me so excited but now I don't think they'll ever deliver on them.

Game is opposite of dead. They are just tired of being limited by 10+ year old shit hardware.

it's literally not getting any more content, so unless you want to play stuff that's a year old I wouldn't bother

>the Grimoire is still not in the game

Destiny has sucked for two years, and doesn't deserve any more time to it. All that's left at Bungie are a bunch of hacks that can build a shell of a game and force players into spending hundreds of hours doing the same monotonous shit. Stop wasting your lives at this game and find something better to play.

I'd say they do a pretty good job delivering on lore

They gave Praedyth a voice and his own mission after he was only mentioned in weapon flavor text
Hell, Oryx was just mentioned once or twice before TTK came out, and they gave him a whole expansion
Now, Lord Saladman and all the iron lords have an expansion as well, with a complete backstory and a conclusion

The Bungie charm is definitely still there

>only Salad-man survived
>well no, Efrideet is still alive and she's back
>everyone else is dead and zombified by the SIVA
>still nothing about the Exo-Stranger
Bunghole needs to expand the Stranger story, we still don't know why she didn't have the time to explain why there's no time.

They're so close to something amazing, but idk if I can be hurt again by them. Destiny 2 better deliver . Hopefully Activision will keep out of it this time ( they wont since Destiny made loads of money)

Regret buying this so much. By far feels like the expansion with the least amount of content

just download the official destiny app, bud. thats where i met most of my clan mates today.

also, its great for putting together raids, nightfalls, and other shit without matchmaking.

HoW had less content.

I don't think it was Activision ever. That has been debunked so many times. Even Activision sales and earnings call people were surprised that people want more content, and faster, and were willing to pay for it.

Why do you think there was a CEO change recently at Bungie ? Because the entire upper managment was full of retards and rebooted the game twice.

Joseph Staten left them after the E3 presentation, it was fucking unbelievable as to how mismanaged Destiny was and still being a high grossing videogame title.

If Destiny 2 is better managed (aka they need to soft reboot this thing), it will blow up even more.

Feels kind of like House of Wolves 1.5. Campaign was fucking nothing. We shall see if the raid is any good.

I had fun doing the story missions and the quests for the Gjallarhorn and Kovostov, but now I'm at the stage where I just have to run strikes until I'm raid-level. That's not at all exciting because there's nothing new about it. I haven't had the new RoI strike come up in the Heroic rotation or the Sepiks Perfected strike. I've had the Hive Abomination strike come up a couple of times but the loot dropped by that is lower level than it's supposed to be.

Leveling after 250 is pretty slow since they changed the rules on how legendary engrams decrypt. I'm 255 and already thinking of dipping into my stockpiled exotic engrams.

Don't waste your exotic engrams, farm legendary marks to buy gear with 350 LL.

>they changed the rules on how legendary engrams decrypt
What did they do?

So far I've heard good things from my friends. I use to play it on my xbone but i've sold it and put the money into a preorder for the ps4 pro, so i'll probably pick it up when the pro is out.

Though it sucks I can't transfer my guardians from the xbone to the ps4. I just want to play with my friends, activision

>farm legendary marks to buy gear with 350 LL
When I said 255 I meant to say I'm 355. I've been playing a lot instead of sleeping an my brain is farts.

After 350 (I said 250 but meant 350) each legendary you decrypt has a 50% chance to be a one or two point upgrade over what you have. So since blues decrypt up to 340 getting from 335 to 350 is easy, but 350 onward is slow.

Huh, that's an interesting change.
I'm still stuck at 346 myself.

I got from 340 to 350 by decrypting legendary engrams I had stockpiled from TTK. You can also buy a 350 ghost from the Vanguard (cheaper than the faction ghosts), a 350 class item from Shiro by trading in an engram, and a 350 artifact from the new Cryparch.

I'm at the point now where my only upgrades come from blue items dropped by strike bosses, so that's a drag.

No. They say it's better but I played it right after release and enjoyed it for two months. It got boring. I'm only gonna buy it when I can go anywhere. If you like Sean Murray you'll love Destiny.

I sold my first born to play this and it was well worth it

this is the best dlc i have played in my life since all the black ops 3 ones

I just got through the Gjallarhorn questline.
Nothing could have prepared me for how good that was. I mean, I like Destiny and I play it with my friends, so I was just ready for more of the same, but fuuuuuuuuck they just blew my mind with the last quest.

the last quest was cool in the first half but those two tanks were kinda boring to fight

whats with the sudden surge of reposts every 24 hours?
literally the same thread, yesterday at the same hour

All I have is the base game, is there some kind of bundle for the four expansions that is cheaper than the $60 bundle that just came out?

Destiny : The Collection.

Fuck didn't fully read your post . I don't think there is actually if all you have is the base game.

Alright, I'll just wait for the price to drop in a few months then.

Destiny is boring and every other content pack added nothing of value, so no reason to bite on this shit.

I don't want to defend Bungie/Activision or anything, but 60$ is pretty cheap for all of Destiny 1 (it does come with Rise of Iron too).

It is, but new physical copies of ps4 games tend to drop below $30 fairly fast on amazon.

the audio design and crazy amount of enemies were enough to make me refuse to die, since it would ruin the moment

I will add you, I also just got the collection, liking the game so far!