Besides The Witcher series and Geralt, what are some other games where I can play a Mary Sue?

Besides The Witcher series and Geralt, what are some other games where I can play a Mary Sue?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qZ9NlThB3SY
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/_HlBq1bkk2cGoRv1xUKA9Q/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any RPG game.
Especially Persona 3 and 4.

You can make people hate you, but you can also be an unstoppable badass that everybody loves.
Not fuck-up can ever be your fault and in your infitate power you can fight against fucking Gods.

Not even baiting.

>look ma, I posted it again

What are the 15 questions?

Funny enough, compared to Geralt, Kratos is the least Mary Sue character I've seen in video games

>Always thinks might makes right (which gets him in a lot of trouble)
>Too proud to apologize for his mistakes
>Is only a hero because the people he fights are worse than him

His only "positive" is that he's willing to do things that good guy heroes wouldn't be willing to do like sacrifice living people

Geralt isn't a Mary Sue and you know it. Mary Sues are self-insert characters by a fanfiction author to act as their supreme avatar in both the world and in the narrative.

Geralt's flaw is that he thinks he's some freak that nobody understands, when really he's the most normal guy around. He pushes people away, is pigheaded, and is downright autistic at times when trying to understand the intricacies of human contact - all because he feels he has to adhere to his identity as a Witcher.

Stop baiting. Saged.

You aren't allowed to like Kratos anymore because Sony owns him and this board is anti-Sony.

This, fuck your thread what arre the questions

>Mary Sues are self-insert characters by a fanfiction author to act as their supreme avatar in both the world and in the narrative.

That sounds like the books.

>Saged.

Cuckold.

Geralt is too much of a special snowflake. Even amongst the witcher he's the special one with white hair.

Ciri would be the special snowflake.

can i buy these RPG games with money i withdrew from the ATM machine

How come Mary Sue's make even worse Mary Sue children?

>Wolverine/Geralt
>X-23/Ciri

Thats just a result of the mutagens, honestly.
Other than that its the only thing that makes him extra-ordinary than the other witchers.
Quite honestly the only reason why he's affiliated with kings and kingdoms is because of Dandelion and the fact that he some how married and fucked several powerful individuals of their time.
Not to mention grabbing Ciri in tow and teaching her how to be a Witcher and so on and so forth.

>Mary Sues are self-insert characters by a fanfiction author to act as their supreme avatar in both the world and in the narrative.

>That sounds like the books.
If that were the case, Geralt would've planeswalked onto Aen Elle and killed Eredin in the first book.

I don't even remotely see how Geralt is mary fucking sue
The guy is a genuinely fucking idiot and lazy polish plumber to a T
He could literally be Marcus Crassus tier rich, but refuses most of the opportunities and turns others down

He has powerful friends everywhere, if he swore allegiance and played a bit of politics or just road on someones coat tails he could be like Guts from Berserk and become literally Top General or Baron or Witcher Knights Commander, just so many things but once more
Heheh, some men like to be neutral and observe the world others like to add to chaos and watch it burn around them

And the list keeps going, at the end of the day he is just a fucking lazy bum that wants to kill monsters and fuck nasty whores like Triss, and that just so happens to be in main plot because he is written in there

Metal Gear Solid

>Dude people hate witchers but i fuck bitches all the time amirite *drinks grog*

>It's a "anybody I don't like" is a meat sue episode.

Sageded

>Posting a pic from a story with so many Mary Sue's its ridick

Doug confirmed for worst character btw

Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates
Probably Fire Emblem Heroes of Light and Shadow

Kratos isn't Mary Sue thought
He sells everything thats dear to him for power
Then he watches everything crumble around him
Which makes him come to conclusion that Ares fucked him over, like Gods always do
Then he goes to free mankind from the slavery of the Gods. Him stealing their powers and becoming stronger and better doesn't really qualify for Mary Sue

Let me ask you: Which Fire Emblem doesn't have a Sue protagonist

>Ridick

You don't have to go back toReddit, but you can't stay here.

Most of them?

That's kind of the point of my post though.

Cause he's an action game character that has sex with women like Geralt, people might call Kratos a Mary Sue, but unlike Geralt, he has actual failings as a human bean

Pretty sure sapkowski self inserted as Dandelion
> walking around the world telling Geralts stories as if he was there and getting laid and loved by everyone and famous poet welcome at all kingdoms, empires and courts, dreamed about by all the princesses
etc etc

> Geralt not having human failings.

Except Ciri isn't his actual daughter and had white hair from the beginning?

This is what sonyfags actually believe.

I agree

manly man, STD-free, infertile, high experienced
except for his "ugly" looks he has everything going for him

i could even argue that he is "rich"

I think a lot of people think Geralt is above having flaws because he is one of very, very few characters in his setting that have integrity and principles.

HE doesn't
He haves enhanced mutant feelings

Which test is this, OP?

Alright negative Nelly. You do realize the people who are anti sony are just as bad you chumps.

Fire Emblem 4 first part
Fire Emblem 5
Fire Emblem 7
Eirika (but not Ephraim)
The rest are all degrees of Sues but it's never too important because the plot is not centered around them like in Corn's case.
It's because the Avatar units are self inserts that their Sueness is more apparent, plus they pull absurd things outta their asses like "I actually did not kill anyone" or "It was my master plan all along and you all couldn't know it!", while old FE protags were just too strong and always right.

That said imo a perfect Mary Sue character is not always bad... Ike is cool and Roy is awesome in the cutscenes. I like Robin too.

This makes him a Mary Sue...how exactly?

If there are people that disagree with a character and don't instantly agree with thier every word they aren't a mary sue. Even Batman isn't a mary sue in most cases because he gets treated like shit by most heroes and the cops.

>Doesn't have any failings
>Dies in the books.

Mmmkay

X-23 isn't the daughter of Wolverine either you autist

X-23 and Ciri are Mary Sue spawns of their more popular Mary Sue characters, Wolverine and Geralt

It doesn't, nor did I say anywhere it did. I said people seem to think he is "too perfect" or flawless because he is surrounded by literal human garbage so much.

Don't take this the wrong way, but Dante from Devil May Cry 4. I'm pretty sure that was the point but I like his character all the more for it.

>image.jpg
Don't fucking talk to me

Batman is or isn't a Mary Sue depending on his interpretation; thus the invention of the Batgod phrase.

Mask of the Phantasm Batman for example is him at his least Sue.

Berserk is a huge Mary Sue, just wait for that game to come out

People always try to put Batman on an alignment chart.

The truth is, Batman is within one step of every alignment, waiting to strike.

> Batman
> Rich
> Handsome
> Charismatic
> Intelligent
> Strong
> Has a plan for everything
> Knows everything about everyone
> Icarus false safe for everything
> Knows all the Martial Arts
> Can go 1v1 with God from different planet that his only weakens are rocks

>my OC is a Mary Sue
>famous and a lot of people like her

Is it because the Mary sue traits are those that my viewers want for themselves so they self-insert as her?

>He gets triggered over the names of images.

Only my smuggest for (you)

>anti-Sony

Cred Forums is anti-everyone you collossal fucking mongoloid.

That means he is overpowered not a mary sue. A mary sue is Rey from star wars. Everyone instantly likes her and she is good at anything she does with no training and everything and everyone is focused around her. Geralt worked and suffered to be who he is. Batman worked and suffered to be who he is.

>image.jpg

Dandelion was the best character in the books, whenever he popes up you know some epic shit was about to go down

>Geralt worked and suffered to be who he is. Batman worked and suffered to be who he is.
Really ?

Ehhh usually yes but not all Mary Sues are author avatars. Take Rey from The Force Awakens. She's whoever the movie requires her to be, changing personalities every scene. If she was a single person who's good at everything at least she'd be consistent. Rey has weaknesses, just that they never come into play because every scene plays to her strengths, and her strengths and weaknesses change every scene.

Any game with a female protagonist.

Devil May Cry, but it's also my favorite series

Halo

X-Blades

> Bookwanker
In game he is one of the most annoying cunts around, like why is Geralt even friends with the fucking guy, they have nothing in fucking common, one is a fuccboi that walks around singing poems the other one is slaying wyverns

>hes never read the books with ciri in them
pfft
>he didnt play the game either

Geralt has 90+ years of experience.

Guts was literally gifted a strong body and talent. Sure Guts suffered but he was the strongest guy in the entire hawk band without doing anything special for it. He is just naturally very strong.

>one was put through some of the most intense pain and training in his world and had his very DNA changed in order to be a killing machine
>the other had his parents die in front of him and trained mind body and soul for 20 years in order to not be powerless anymore
Mary sue means they were instantly good with no training and no one ever questions anything they do. That isn't the case for either.

Like I said.

I'm not sure what you meant

Do you mean that the author wants to be as famous and well liked as their characters?

>Geralt not having feelings
>Witcher mutations outright strip them of emotions but not fully just dulling them
>stated by Vesemir and Geralt in books and games
>Geralt expresses love, fear, hatred so on and so forth
>has sex with people because his appeal is he is sterile and down to fuck at any moment

Cry me a river

>people might call Kratos a Mary Sue
But since nobody does you're defeating an argument you yourself put forth. "Mary Sue" isn't the be-all end-all proof of a bad character, just like "plot holes" aren't the one and only issues a plot can have.

I'm pretty sure you could make the argument that he's not a ballerina either, although good luck explaining the skirt.

This thread is proof positive that nobody even knows what this stupid term means anymore. It might as well be synonymous with "main character that I don't like."

He wrote "failings", not "feelings". He's still wrong, but you know.

Yeah, if you find a used copy at GameStop.

Because there is literally no set definition.

Well I guess I'll just kill myself for making the effort to do that

People post this same thing every thread, and it was explained over and over and over again the core qualities that make a character a mary sue.

That

Makes quite a bit of sense

>A Mary Sue is an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities. Often this character is recognized as an author insert or wish-fulfillment.
Taken from the Wiki article itself so take it how you will.

Did you even read the books you uneducated little boy?

Seeing him as a sad lonely old man in Beyond that was too afraid to let other people love him was a pretty sad conclusion to his DCAU character.

His entire DCAU run is pretty sad. He loses every side kick, every single one grows up to hate him, he lives with the guilt of the Joker's last laugh for his entire life, all of the Leaguers basically either abandon him for being a cunt or only consult him when necessary, he never has any children (on his own, at least), and the only one that learns from it is Terry.

Except Nintendo and PC :^)

>Terry turns out to be Batman's kid

Fuck Bruce Timm for that shit

Or Dini

If you want a true Mary Sue character, who fills all the critera try the Elder Scrolls Games. You are a piece of shit prisoner who becomes the no1 badass in like 3 weeks after getting out of the big box.

>image.png

Grow up from your victim complex already, user. Everyone gets shat on in Cred Forums.

Nobody has ever agreed upon the core qualities though. In fact I would say that the core quality is that they must be an egregious self-insert that doesn't belong in the events surrounding them. I don't think it has anything to do with a character being too perfect since that's extremely subjective and these threads prove that nobody can agree on how measure it.

>liking the witcer

> My smuggest.

Not entirely; Talin (Arena protag) is specifically stated to be the captain of the guard. He's the one protag to have confirmed experience.

He's just in prison because Tharn's a cunt.

That sounds like it

If you've ever read Mary Sue fan fiction, the characters in question are never put into situations where the stakes need to be raised or important questions are asked of them.

They kind of float along, banging the hot men or women as they see fit.

He did train practically all the God damn time when he wasn't fighting since was a child.

The only time I see people not agreeing with the core qualities is when they really want to make a character they clearly just dislike a mary sue, despite people pointing out clear cut reasons as to why they are NOT mary sue.

You never know who you were before you were imprisoned though. In Skyrim you got jumped crossing the border, and in Oblivion nobody seems to know how you got there. Also in Daggerfall you're the Emperors agent and even though game mechanics say you're shit that must mean you're at least competent.

So did all the other elite members of the hawk band. But Guts was still way above them. Don't pretend Guts isn't naturally blessed in everything regarding fighting.

>is that they must be an egregious self-insert
That's not even the worst part about them.

The infallibility and inexplicable skills is the worst and most damaging aspect of these characters. They literally destroy conflict and make other characters less interesting and useful via their presence.

That's where they wreck stories.

None, every character has some flaw.

And another thing, the side characters outright love or like the main character when they first meet them (like Rey in Star Wars)

If they don't like the main character, it's usually just JEALOUSY (like how people hate witchers or mutants in X-men)

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Mary sue's all have token flaws too user, maybe stop being so retarded eh?

> Average Hawk shitter lvl 5
> Unique Hawk characters level 25
> Griff lvl 90
> Guts lvl 99

What's Mary Sue's flaw?

Griffith activated the cheat engine though.

People aren't jealous of witchers, they're scared of them because they're different from normies.

>Ah man I'm too much of a badass that mom-I MEAN my teammates don't understand

A Mary Sue to me is like pic related

Usual flaws. Oh how isolated I am. Oh how freakish I am. Yadda yadda. You can generally tell they've got the makings of a Mary Sue if their flaw ultimately boils down to "everyone else is wrong and the MC and her flaws are actually great things."

>ignoring the fact that this has been reposted at least three times

That's the same excuse used for hating mutants in X-men

Really mutants and witchers are just SUCH SPECIAL FUCKING SNOWFLAKES

So no flaws.

I think you just want to try and get it to catch on.

Ultimately they may as well not have them, yes. The point is their only "flaws" aren't proper flaws. Flaws are supposed to deepen the character, after all.

>Yeah..no...because they're different just like I said.

I think ciri only entered sue territory at the end of 3 with the powerup and stopping white frost

Book ciri was written to be a princess, a mage and a witcher, only she had no throne, couldn't cast spells and killed humans instead of monsters

I always like games where its basically die hard
The protagonist isnt that special, he just tries really hard not to die and get out of a shitty sitation
At least i dont think thats a mary sue

I'm writing a story an OC for a fanfic right now, any recommendations?

Have fun, it's going to be shit anyhow.

Out of place heroes like Ash, Jack Burton and Mcclane are the best though

Well, yes and no.
The entire idea is that Snake is an ordinary operative overcoming insurmountalble odds in the form advanced technology, absurd superpowers and superior numbers.

And I quite enjoy this theme, to be honest.

I don't know. I've read a couple of the books and she always felt like she was brushing against sue territory. But I'm a little biased because I have never, not once, ever given a shit about Ciri. She annoys me. Any plot revolving around her annoys me.

Is Frank West a mary sue? He's done literally nothing wrong, and OTR is literally off the record in that it is non-canon. He overcomes everything with little effort, and the only real "failing" he has is that he's a paparazzi and sometimes takes rude photographs.

Recommendations for what? How to make a mary sue? Picture your character on a cheat screen and maximise everything.

In stylish action it doesn't matter as long as it looks good.

>in4b mad sjw cucks
The new dishonored

>He's done literally nothing wrong

Literally wants to become famous for monetary gain. That's a pretty big negative.

Saving people is a player prerogative

He has retard strength.

He's not really a serious character, though. I mean if you think about it you only really learn that he's covered wars. The guy is autistic and solves every problem in the mall by pile driving his way through zombies to either pick something up, pile drive a person into the ground, or pile drive someone to safety.

No, to avoid that problem

People fucking hate Witchers though, and rightfully so.

They're nigh-immortal freaks of nature built in labs to be unstoppable swordsmen and killers. They're practically immune to law enforcement by being STRICTLY BETTER than even a dozen professionally-trained guards in combat, and they only ever solve whatever monster problem you're having at the expense of all your fucking gold and half your town's women. They hold no allegiance to any crown, and usually look freakish and ugly as sin (Witcher 1 Geralt, Letho, etc).

I wonder how many scoops per day Geralt took

>facts
>presents none

Just avoid thinking of the world as revolving around your character. Really it just comes down to staring at what you've written and thinking "do I really want to write about 3 girls sucking my protagonists dick because he flashed them a smile and held up his shiny special power blade?"

The answer is yes, but that's the opposite of what you want

If you have PSN you can go buy a card and get them off the store, they emulate fairly well on ps3 and are only $10 each I believe

wow CONfirmeD for NEVER PLAYING THe GAME u DONT get a PILE DRIVE Move >:[

j/k i get what you mean but thats just more mary sue-ish, frank solves all the problems of willamette in largely the same way -- by jump kicking it

>Saving people is a player prerogative
it's canon that at least some survivors were saved

>Nigh immortal
>Except for all the dead Witchers
>And the Witchers who got ganged up upon and murdered by normal people
>Including Book Geralt, for that matter

Hey I'm writing a story can someone link me this quiz thingy or whatever I wanna make sure they're not too idealized

Because he's a fame seeker that needed corroboration for his story

Sure, I think at the end of DR1 he learned his lesson

But his whole reason for going to Willamette was because he's a show boating journalist

One of the mary sue traits that always is a red alarm for me is when people can't fucking stop talking about said sue. Whenever the character isn't there the other characters have to ask about them and ponder over what they might be doing.

Using Witcher 3 as an example Ciri is the mary sue and not Geralt. The entire fucking game, and hell even its universe, revolves around her in some way and everyone is involved with her as well and she's so special and amazing.

I don't know much about what accurately defines a mary sue these days, do they have to be altruistic? I thought people just had to like them for no good reason

In the sense that they live a long-ass time, dummy. Vesimir is what, hundreds of years old in Witcher 1?

Well no, what I think that user is trying to say is that Frank is characterised as a glory hound. While OTR is non canon, it amplifies this to maximum levels. Characters in the first game, like Jesse, also (if I recall correctly) mention that Frank isn't doing this for selfless reasons, he's clearly doing it for himself. "The people need to know." be damned.

That's a genuine flaw, that paints the character in a negative light. Although on the other hand Frank does go out of his way to save people. So he's a glory hound but not an asshole.

>Poochie.jpg

Sorry when people say immortal I just naturally think they mean invincible.

I think a better description of a Mary Sue is a character who has, for lack of a better phrase, no character, because they have to be self inserted into by the audience or the author.

I mean, could you describe Rey's character? What are her goals, what is her personality, what are her fears?

You never know anything about her because she's only there to drive the plot and have a "fish out of water" (which Finn does better as anyway since he fails at everything).

Lambert dyes his hair and Eskel is the best with magic, so he never went through the rough physical alterations.

Well, do the people really NEED to know about zombies in a mall? it's just frank's job to report on stuff. he didn't even know the scoop would be THAT BIG until he got there. All he had was a tip that the town went dark and was in some kinda riot. but once he gets there, he helps to solve the problem instead of just sitting back and watching the FAT SCOOPS fall in his lap

a self-insert is not a mary sue.

Kent is the dark mirror of Frank, of who he could have been if he let himself go down that path of pure paparazzi

Skyrim, any batman arkham game

>Geralt
>not a marry sue
>special snowflake among superhuman witchers since birth
>"White Wolf"
>cat eyes
>supposed to be ugly but naah, he's extremely handsome in the games
>every village girl lusts after his dick
>gets laid with every sorceress he wants just by discussing "philosophy"
>in the games he's robbed of his worldviews for the sake of muh moral choices, he turns into a self-insert + sarcasm

Geralt is literally a fanfic tier character.

Nailed it

He's not supposed to be ugly, Witchers are just unappealing. For the same reason someone glancing at you with two fucking cat eyes would creep you out. He paid for like a good 60% of his sex in the books.

And dear god no most of the sorceresses hate him. He was also "robbed of his worldviews" because nobody who played the games had really heard of the books, so they found another way to let you into the world. Amnesia. The lazy writers favourite choice.

I dont think hes talking about amnesia (robbed of worldviews)
Its how the games allow you to make choices that geralt would never do
Like leaving the priest to torture the prostitute
Or picking triss

Finally, someone who understands who the real sue is.
She's been treated like dirt in the books, failed quite a few times and has grown a lot. However, in the games she's a super special OP snowflake action girl who everyone is constantly talking about, she may have gone through some shit, but never shows any weakness, always keeps 100% cool and flawless. She has no character development, other then the somewhat forced "was Geralt a good dad?" sequence, which barely qualifies.

Oh yeah true some of the choices are stupid. But that doesn't make him a mary sue, that makes the writers bad at characterising him properly.

Games are supposed to be a power fantasy

>He's not supposed to be ugly

I encourage you to read the books. He's supposed to look like someone who browses /r9k/. It's done really well in The Witcher 1.

>Its how the games allow you to make choices that geralt would never do
>Like leaving the priest to torture the prostitute

This. There are hundreds of choices that Geralt would ABSOLUTELY NEVER make in the game.

>people can't fucking stop talking about said sue

Have you played The Witcher 3?

>walk through Novigrad
>"hey White Wolf, what happened in x?"
>"OH SHIT IT'S BUTCHER OF BLAVIKEN"
>"heeeeeey wolfieee, wanna have fun?"
>"Oh, hi Geralt!"

Also Geralt is almost as much in the center of the universe as Ciri is, he personally knows 90% of the most influential people in the world and has contacts literally everywhere.

Yeah but it does contribute to him becoming a self insert instead of a predetermined protagonist
I love the series but I firmly believe some things shouldn't be left up to the player
Witcher 2 had it best with providing good moral dillemas and providing choices that geralt would do

>>Saged.
>Cuckold.

It's like those feature specials where the cast from the first season meets the new cast and by comparison the new cast is just complete shit.

Travel heavy career for 80 years results in a lot of contacts

Yeah, you can buy them off the PSN network.

ayyyyyyy

that's a surprisingly good analogy. Being here since 2005 is suffering.

>that doesn't make him a marry sue

Yeah, that makes him a sarcastic intelligent superhuman self-insert with a unique trait who has "experience" yet behaves like a 20yo throwing a tantrum and looks like an extremely handsome 30yo.

I forgot to add it to the list.
>intelligent
>80+yo = experience
>looks of a 30yo handsome man
>behaves like a 20yo manchild
>sarcastic
>makes village girls wet
>everyone knows about his achievements and people randomly start talking to him on the streets
>cat eyes
>superhuman special snowflake
>"White Wolf"
>has a "daughter" capable of travelling through space and time and stopping le icy apocalypse (and ruining the lore ofc)
>Triss is still willing to sleep with him
>Yennefer is still willing to sleep with him
>Keira is willing to sleep with him
>knows the most influential people in the universe

not a mary sue oc donut steel character

Did Geralt steal your bitch man holy shit.

Fucking Commander Shepard. Whether paragon or renegade you are always a mary sue.

It's possible to let ciri die a horrible death, end up alone and having radovid massacre the entirety of the sorceress and nonhuman population all due to Geralt's actions. I don't think mary sue characters are allowed to make mistakes, let alone ones that have long lasting effects like that.

Since the trial of the grasses, but not by a lot. He becomes special after pulling the "surprise kid" stunt on the queen and having his destiny bound to Ciri

>"White Wolf"
>cat eyes
every witcher has those

>supposed to be ugly but naah, he's extremely handsome in the games
true - but it works better in the games

only in witcher 1

>gets laid with every sorceress he wants just by discussing "philosophy"
he was used by them more often than not

>in the games he's robbed of his worldviews for the sake of muh moral choices, he turns into a self-insert + sarcasm
it's supposed to be the problem of trying to stay neutral and unbiased in a situation when there's no middle ground, also the players would rage hard if they could not decide about shit these days - especially so in an open world game.

>behaves like a 20yo manchild
If only he was like Donte.

Why are Mary Sues bad again?

Because their defining trait, the trait that stands above all the others, is that they're not enjoyable.

>Liking Mary Sues in the era garbage like Neo Fire Emblem, Sword Art Online, and Fairy Tail are greenlit

Sometimes it goes too far.

Its nice to indulge but nowadays games are as badly written as The Flash's powerset

>b-but you can fuck up the game world with muh moral choices if you play like an autist

cool

>Since the trial of the grasses
Oh yeah, I made a mistake.

>every witcher has those
Nope, only Geralt is called "the White Wolf" or "gwynbleidd"

>only in witcher 1
Nope, listen to the dialogue in villages.

>he was used by them more often than not
And that's only because muh evil sorceresses didn't appreciate Geralt's (who's supposed to be emotionless) love.

>it's supposed to be the problem of trying to stay neutral and unbiased in a situation when there's no middle ground
Yeah, definitely.
>Djikstra decides to fuck you and your friends over and kill your best friend
>"None of my business"

There are many choices like this one in the game.

Change the haircut and it's done

I can't think of a single reasonable way to make Geralt even mary suish. Maybe a connection to the Elder Blood or some shit like that.

They derail stories with their power or charisma or both for no real reason other than being trashy masturbatory wank

Only if they're not fun.
Kirito is very enjoyable, the SoL segments in SAO are some of the best in any anime

MGS1, beginning of MGS2 and MGS4.

>Kirito is very enjoyable
literally how? Do you really watch so much trash anime that you don't know what a good character looks like?

I just can't fathom that there are people who unironically like this character.

The problem with this image is that the faggot who made it thinks that you're either a faggot alt-righter like the person who made it or a faggot sjw.

There does exist a middle ground. Not everything is black and white

Kirito is a bland piece of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=qZ9NlThB3SY

Mario. In almost every game his girlfriend gets kidnapped and raped. I've never seen a game character who is more cucked.

But rpgs are different. With rpgs you either make people like you or even if the hero is their own character they typically face some kind of struggle. Yeah you have shit like P4 with everyone sucking your dick the second they see you but most rpgs aren't like that.

>implying Peach isn't a bitchy dom and makes Bowser kidnap her and wait on her hand and foot just so she can get attention from Mario for being "kidnapped"

Honestly after reading the posts in this thread I have come to the conclusion that a character being a "mary sue" in a video game is not exactly a bad thing in and of itself.

I think the guy that made it is saying that if you're going to jump into an argument you better not try to back out of it with some weak ass shit like "Well I just want a middle ground" when you get BTFO.
I'm a centrist myself but since I'm not retarded I don't meddle in affairs I don't have a side in.

No it's just him strawmanning people he doesn't like.

It's all about presentation. Unfortunately it's difficult to make it look good especially coming from videogame hack writers who only wish they could write real stories.

never played the games but

>A Mary Sue is an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities.

i thought Geralt is almost universally reviled by the average joe and incapable of living a normal life as a result of his powers and responsibilities?

Also video games (like books) tend to be written by people that

A)Have never been in a fight
B)Have never had sex

Dandelion helps Geralt not take everything too seriously. After spending a week or two hunting down some deadly monster and getting pittance as a reward, it's nice to have someone to get absolutely plastered with and wake up with a bunch of women while your pants are missing.

I've seen a lot of them and he does shit on both sides, even though he shits on libs more.
To be honest though I shit on libs more as well, you could consider me a conservative I guess but I try to stay in the middle but when a side is more blatantly retarded than the other then you must stomp them down.

that is my headcanon

Go back to post more cuckold interracial porn on twitter, Sargon

Not really.
I mean sure most RPG give you some level of conflict but take games like Technomancer where your party loves you from the get-go.
Just about the only real conflict you have in that game is to reveal that you're a mutant or not and that's mostly because mutants are slaves in that world.

Not all RPG make you play Mary Sues but a good portion of them do.

Oh, okay.

Tell that to Richard, the fucking faggy protagonist from The Sword of Truth books. In 10 books, Goodkind could bring himself to write a flaw for his character. That's annoying as fuck. Even when he's wrong, you discover he was, in fact, right from the beginning. He's stronger, faster, smarter than anybody can do everything and he's the biggest Mary Sue I ever read. Shit character, shit writing.

Then Geralt doesn't really fit. He's actually wrong many time during both the game serie and the book serie, and sometime his action turn to be shit and have shitty consequence because "muh neutrality".

>Including Book Geralt, for that matter
Including game Geralt, also. Him being dead and mysteriously brought back alive is mentioned in every game so far.
That said, yes you can kill them, but they are still pretty fucking resilient and hard to kill, not to mention their rather uncommon longevity.

Geralt is one of those hard to pin down types, he's not a full blown mary sue but he's too good at fighting and knows too much about monsters to be in any real danger.
He's even considered the best swordsman in the northern kingdoms.

He fucks up and angsts about it but he'll always do the right thing. Yennifer thinks it'll be what gets him killed in the end.

You can play as Ciri in TW3, who is a much bigger mary sue than Geralt.

>he's extremely handsome in the games
Pic related, so handsome.
Actually, in the games, even the whore and prostitute are not very inclined to fuck with him and can ask for a higher fee because how he looks. You can still fuck a lot a random wench/peasants in the first one, though.
You aren't born Witcher. You became one, but heh, whatever.

play TW2 and TW3.

Geralt isn't as Mary Sue as the character from this.

just stick a pitchfork in his guts and he dies
he is barely more resilient than a normal person, he still need to be stitched up, takes time to recover
he was revived due Ciri's mahou shoujo powers, not for being a witcher

also for their longevity, while its true, most doesn't even make as far 50, because they still grow old, which impacts on their performance, which uttermost leads to their early dead

there is nothing wrong with being asian.

Kothe is a kid with nothing but his pride.
I mean yeah he's a mary sue but I think that's just the way he's telling the story. He has to make it interesting and we don't know exactly how much is the truth.

More like the sword of truth series. Holy fuck that had some bad writing and was very clearly the author self inserting his own ideals about everything.

I know. The pic was kind of a joke. Not everything have to be dead serious, champ. The thing is that it's hard to put Geralt, as a character, in the Mary Sue category 'cause he fucks up many time, he's a pretty dysfunctional member of society, is described as not really pretty to look at in most of the support he appears in (even in the second and third game, plenty of voice line say he's an ugly weirdo, some peasant insult him behind his back or right in front of him) and he has a lot of basically unsolvable problem that he will die with.

He has a lot of Mary Sue trait (Uber strong fighter, super badass character, special snowflake) but at the same time he's a total failure in way too much situation and generally classified as a "useful pariah" that barely anyone like but that everybody need at some point to do dirty work.

The only difference is that in the games, plenty of girl want his dick but that's about it.

All of the Links are chosen ones, who go from humble beginnings to giant-slayers in no time. They're all perfectly virtuous and hardly ever make mistakes.

Who's the biggest Mary Sue in gaming?

I agree. That said, don't forget that the only way they could pitchfork him to death was during a fucking pogrom where they were outnumbering him like 100 to 1. Otherwise, never a fucking peasant could have stabbed any Witcher, even one with reflex a bit worse than Geralt.

So yeah, you could kill any witcher in his sleep easily if you manage not to wake him up, but in regular combat, good luck Johnny.

>led half the Jedi to war based on how likeable he was
>turned to the Dark Side in order to save the Republic
>is the best tactical mind the galaxy had ever seen
>is the best warrior the galaxy had ever seen
>is a technological savant
>knows every language known to man
>everyone loves/respects him to some degree and has something good to say about him even after his turn, except for Vrook
>has a qt British 19 year old lust after him in his mid-30s

Despite me really liking Revan, he is pretty much the modern definition of a Mary Sue.

Garrett the "Master Thief", chosen one by the Keepers, stops a god even though he's a "humble rogue" and can kill an entire army with his sword alone. Total mary sue.

>if you manage to not wake him up
He's a Witcher, matey. He'll wake up if you breathe too heavily while walking down the hall. Witcher senses are amazingly bullshit, depending on the writer's mood.

yeah, as a human you have to stick to dishonourable methods to kill a witcher, but is doable specially for a witch or a king

He is as you say a Master Thief, so maybe that kind of stuff is just in his wheelhouse

It hasn't finished yet user.
Four more books to go, the third book has been stalled on acount of a vidya deal if I remeber.

Solid Snake?

This. Ten thousand time 10. IT's okay as first, but the more you progress, the more insufferable it is. Goodkind is a annoying writer and his shitty ideology is leaking at every page.

>can kill an entire army with his sword
He die in two hit from a random city guard, though. If you're cornered in the first games, you're as good as dead in two seconds.

Star Wars : The Force Unleashed

I doubt any of them were fighting since when they learned to walk.
Fuck, Griffith is shown to play around in the city as a kid, while Guts was already learning how to swing a real sword.

>Nintendo not being hated
Jesus, this is what needy Sonyvictims actually believe. Make a thread saying that you actually like modern Nintendo and see what kind of responses you get. Oh but make sure not to accidentally make another goldface thread out of sheer force of habit, I know that's a problem for Sonyggers

Despite being legit as fuck back in the day, Nintendo is shit nowadays and their defenders are deluded but tolerable, PC gamers are split between chill dudes and really annoying brats. Sony is ok if not remarkable, but Sony fans have to be the most entitled, whiny, victim complex fuckers around.

that actually explain his love for oversized swords

>4yo, normal sword
>8yo, broadsword
>12yo, custom craft sword
>18yo, dragonslayer

I never understood how Geralt was supposed to be a mary sue.

The entirety of Witcher 2 is him fucking up phenomenally and he doesn't even fix anything by the end.

>gets played their entire lives
>die young

>18yo, dragonslayer
Wasn't he around 25 when he got the dragonslayer?

Name 15 weaknesses that aren't appealing.

no, he isn't even 25 by the boat trip
i'm not sure the exactly age he got the dragonslayer but, as far the timeline fags accounted, he is like 21yo by now

>Pretty sure sapkowski self inserted as Dandelion
who wouldn't want to self insert into dandelion?

you forgot stole my sweetroll.

JUST

I've read that more than once on the site, what views of his make the novels so bad?

>MARY SUE TEST
Is your OC a Mary Sue?

The test works for most of canons.
If your answer to the following questions is "YES" add yourself the points.

1. Does your character have unnatural hair color? (dyed hair does not count) +2

2. Did your characters hair/eyes changed color over time on their own? +4

3. Does your character have any super/unnatural powers? +2
If it's a conon where many character have powers, are your character's stronger then most of the others'?

4. Does your character have two or more people romantically interested in them? +2

5. Does you character have love interests in two or more people? +1

6. Your character's past is:
a) Tragic, treumatic +3
b) Mysterious, unknown +4
c) Regular +0

7. Was your character technically dead and then it managed to come back to life? +5

8. Does your OC become the main character of the canon once it's there? +6

9. Can your character fight down the stronger enemies? +4

10. Does your character have it's own nemesis or somebody powerful after them? +4

11. Did your character kill anyone? +1

12. Did your character saved somebody's life? +1

13. Does your character have unnatural features? (Like cat tail, animal ears, some claws or such) +1 point for every feature

14. Is your character a mix of races? (Vampire, mutant, werewolf, fairy etc.) +1 point for every race

15. Does two (or more) organizations fight to get your OC jon them? +3

I may think of more questions later.

TOTAL:

0-10 You'd rather treavel to the moon and back again than create a Mary Sue on purpose
11-20 Your OC is an interesting character with no overdose
21-30 Your OC is acceptable, but maybe you could fix some things
31-40+ Too bad. You created a Mary Sue, face it.

Bayonetta is a total Mary Sue. She's sexy, and powerful enough to punch God in the face. But who gives a shit; the games are fun and no one gives a shit about the 'story'.

Because he is the fucking villain

Nitedocuck spotted

if you ever reply to me again your dead!!!!

Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise of Tomb Raider

happy?

That test is flawed, it's mostly based on traits a character *has* rather than if it *lacks* weaknesses.

13 depending.

Does question 8 count if the world is oc and the character is a natural inhabitant and the protagonist, or is it only for fan fiction?

Does question 9 count if the character is a weak bastard for most of the story but gets stronger as time goes on?

If yes to both, then 23.

>Implying mary sue's can't be good

No, because being bad is a defining trait.

lol. dude got rekt

sure did, got him good

my math was wrong. its 9 or 19 depending

This.

I try to avoid the snowflake powers for being the "chosen one" and just use whatever I come across/train in.
Would the character still be a sue then?

because Kratos is a shit character
>AW MAN I FUCKING HATE ZEUS
>WHERE'S MUH WIFE
>WHERE'S MUH PANDORA
>turns out the Gods were in the right and them being assholes is entirely his fault
>B-BUT I'M A HERO, LOOK GUYS I SACRIFICED MYSELF AND GAVE POWER TO MAN LUV ME!
fuck Kratos, he's a shit character period.

It's actually "I FUCKING HATE ARES FUCK THAT GUY ALL GODS ARE LIKE ARES SO I'LL GO KILL THEM ALL"
to be fair, though, all of the greek gods are complete assholes.
Zeus especially

what a shit test.

A Mary Sue is just someone that can do no wrong and their defects are interchangeable with qualities.

A magical catgirl is no mary sue, a magical catgirl that can teleport behind you and is invulnerable, including anti-invulnerable abilities, like kryptonite, is a mary sue.

Micaiah from Radiant Dawn is a Mary sue. Fuck that game, fuck her.

Would help if there were better tests better known/more universally agreed upon that were based around fantasy worlds, the standard is for ordinary environments.

Like everyone says Kirito is a gary stu (and they're right), but where's the test that confirms this shit?

>A magical catgirl is no mary sue, a magical catgirl that can teleport behind you and is invulnerable, including anti-invulnerable abilities, like kryptonite, is a mary sue.
No, that's still not a mary sue.

Consider Dai Mahou-Touge, in which a magical girl princess from a different world comes to Earth, who is so absurdly powerful that she can effortlessly defeat everyone using magic. And even when she can't use magic for some arbitrary reason, she's extremely skilled in the art of submission wrestling.
For all intensive purposes, she's invincible and there is nothing that can stop her.

And yet, for some reason you never even once get the impression that she's a mary sue.

>Game doesn't say you're the chosen one
>You're still the chosen one

Really makes you think

JUST

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/_HlBq1bkk2cGoRv1xUKA9Q/

Besides autism, what brain disorder does OP have?

>doesn't know what being a mary sue means
you are thinking of snowflake
also you seem to think anything not natural(non human) in a fantasy setting makes you special
also 4,5,6,11 and 12 are bullshit

t. mary sue cuck

>Eat big to get big hurf
>There is no evidence of improved muscle growth after 1.4 grams/kg per day
You can even in theory gain muscle mass while losing a lot of weight thanks to eggwhites.
Richard is a hack.

Who?