What does Cred Forums think about Hidden Palace Zone?

What does Cred Forums think about Hidden Palace Zone?

isn't that the only on mobile stage of Sonic 2?

fucking why.

They couldn't decide what to do with it in the original Sonic 2.

every other re-release of Sonic 2 is lacking it though

>if I want to play the best version of Sonic 2 I have to emulate android

J U S T

Use Bluestacks.

They also had a unique Boss Rush area called Egg Gauntlet Zone that reused some graphics from the canceled Sonic Crackers game.

I'm glad the team is now making Sonic Mania.

I want an 'official' Sonic 1/2/3K ultimate or whatever

then again, I bet they can't make S3K Ultimate as well as the fans already did

Well, Sonic 1, 2 and CD by Taxman are all 'official' so I mean there's no reason why they couldn't end up doing a sort of Mega Collection deal with the Taxman ports and then put it on every platform.

3K is another matter entirely though, there's music issues involved apparently

More like they ran out of time. Hidden Palace Zone had at least two incarnations in planning/development stage (in which only a fraction of the first actually got implemented into the game and left alone since the earliest builds, the rest of the work didn't ever leave STI computers).

That's also why HPZ has two songs, Mystic Cave 2P was for the first iteration of Hidden Palace with two acts, while the waltz theme (which wasn't in the first beta) was supposed to be the single act for when you found all the emeralds and got teleported there, with the climax part of the song omitted because they didn't yet figure out a way to make it play seamlessly and then they also had to can the stage altogether around the "Beta 3" build (drx confirmed the existence of that prototype with the final title cards and HPZ was still there).

Ah, didn't know that bit about the music.

It's too bad about Wood Zone. It could have been a unique zone.

Wait, THIS is Hidden Palace Zone.

Are you trying to trick me OP?

>it's a 'weirdos get obsessive and headcannon-y about deleted content' level
if it wasn't for that fucking emerald sprite, nobody would give a shit.

the mobile version of Sonic 2 has an extra stage

>not being a Sonic autist and knowing about the removed levels
The emerald doesn't really matter to me, I find beta stuff interesting as hell. It's sad seeing a bunch of hard-worked assets go to waste.

>Sonic 1 and 2 remakes are still android only
Fuck Sega.

Doesn't Steam have them too?

Steam only had the CD remake.

Don't reply to shitposting.

That emerald didn't even have anything special, it was the equivalent of the caps on Chemical Plant's tubes.

>It's sad seeing a bunch of hard-worked assets go to waste.
there's a hundred and one reasons why they didn't appear in the final game. like uh duuurr i wonder why they didn't go with genocide city level. really makes you think.

'reeeee why did they cut content' - someone who has never created anything, ever

>That emerald didn't even have anything special
no, it was the point where tails was supposed to transform into Hyper Tails after being shot down, and he, the flickies, and Super Sonic, would join forces and defeat Doctor Robotnik THIS WAS SOMETHING PEOPLE LITERALLY BELIEVED. BASED ON THAT ONE SPRITE IN THAT ONE SHIT UNFINISHED LEVEL.

>duuurr i wonder why they didn't go with genocide city level

They actually did, it's called Metropolis Zone Act 3, just without Genocide City's assets (which was actually called Cyber City), which got eventually used in Sonic Spinball's "The Machine".

Cyber City was likely going to be future Metropolis, with Wood Zone being the past, that's why it complemented Metropolis Act 3 so well.

i'm honestly past caring about sonic games besides 'do i find playing them enjoyable' desu, mainly because people get weird about 'what might have been' and i don't care what might have been

what show is this?

Just beat it m8 and take your sense of self importance with you, we discuss vidya gaems here.

i'm sorry i don't share your particular area of interest. i enjoyed playing sonic unleashed.

Stop replying to shitposting.

even the 50% that was shit? lol

i could overlook how repetitive the werehog battle parts got, for the sake of the cool differences between night and day locations. rooftop run has to be my favourite sonic stage, for its breathless platforming and its wonderful stage soundtrack. all in all the game felt like a fresh effort, mature enough to be silly without falling back into self conscious YEAH BUTTROCK WOO it is the 90s and sonic has attitude! business.

i only wish they didn't explain all of werehog sonic's powers, like his stretchy arms, and instead left it as just being part of his gameplay mechanic.

nobody cared exactly how the pain did that thing with the bees and made beenades: the game accepted that it was a thing that was happening and it was up to you, the player, to deal with it.

They hardly explained it at all, other than "Dark Gaia lol"

it's been a while since i've played, but i remember after his first transformation there was a cutscene with chip saying wow sonic, look at your arms, they're all stretchy, looks like you have stretchy arms now which is how you do stretchy-arm things. i think. come to think about it, that may have been an in-game tutorial.