Other urls found in this thread:

swbstats.com
youtube.com/watch?v=4p8Xzye1qbc
youtube.com/watch?v=8l8IoD1vVOs
youtube.com/watch?v=5DxDZUpmbgQ
bf4stats.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eh.
Admittedly, I haven't played much of it. Attacking the Star Destroyers is not as fun as I thought it would be. Flying around the Death Star is pretty cool, though.

A lot are saying they dropped the ball on it. But you get the Rebel pilot and officer outfit and the Imperial Officer and Death Star Trooper. The heroes include Bossk and Chewbacca and for space battles Luke and Darth Vader in their iconic starfighters. So both reskins of basic space vehicles. I'd say just wait for a sale to happen as the game and its DLC are always up for cheaper prices.

Not really, if you have the season pass people are playing it again, but they've all but stopped supporting battlefront in favor of shilling BF1, and there aren't jack shit for players in the regular modes.

>playing Battlefront
>buying EA games

Forgot to mention the heroes because I'm a fucking idiot.
My nigga Chewie fucks shit up. Bossk has pretty brutal abilities, but an underwhelming blaster.
Dengar is the most fun hero.

>the gaming industry didn't even criticize the gameplay, just content

>Using what professional shills said as valid proof

wew

It's a bit underwhelming, but the new heroes are fun, and you get to play as R2. The Jedi Outcast weapons are fun too. The main mode is... eh. Flying was never this game's strong suit.

Speaking of sales, Origin has a 50% off sale with the code ORIGIN50, but the PC version's player count isn't so great anymore, so I wouldn't recommend it.

fucking normalfag

Of?

Of why the game isn't so bad.

It's worth it. I'm loving the new blast fights inside the Death star. It's nothing ground breaking, but I'm glad I picked up the season pass.

Spotted the shill

The Battle Station mode is pretty weak overall but if you like flying ships it's ok. I wouldn't spend money on it if I were you.

Wait...

People still play this game?

How would I object to the gameplay if I only based on advertisements and media?

>people who dont own the game sre valud proof
>my opinion is law

This game is awful. Literally a waste of time.

Barely. During the BF1 beta it was impossible to find a lobby, when it's actually released in a month it'll be the death of Battlefront

Their opinion is certainly more right than yours

I still play it.
It's pretty easy to find a full match on PS4.

Though PC seems to be fucking dead.
swbstats.com

Better question, is Battlefield 4 and all the shit worth it? Want a shooty-shootems game to play and I've heard bad things about the BF1 alpha.

On consoles. PC gaming is a joke for multiplayer games that aren't mobas.

I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure OP asked for the opinion of people who actually played the DLC.

I got the Ultimate edition half off.
Was it a waste of money? Yes.
I can't say I'm not enjoying it, though.

He should go to reddit then, I'm certain he can find all 10 of the other idiots who purchased the game.

Having played the DLC alot lately I can say if you enjoy flying you will like this DLC iirc it has 5 maps. 3 are used in Battle Station. You fight against TIEs and destroy a Star Destroyer after that you have to rescue an R2 unit out of the Deathstar after that you get some sort of checkpoint thing in the trenches of the deathstar as soon as the rebels got all checkpoints they have to blow up the Deathstar in old fashion.

It comes with 3 gamemodes Blast(DM), Battle Station and Fighter Squadron(Flying DM).

If you really enjoy flying you gonna like this dlc if not you might not wanna get it.

I personally enjoy it but would wish for more variety in it since Battle Station only has basicly one map. The maps and all look gorgeous as ever I would just wish for more gamemodes in them like cargo or extraction maybe even sabotage.

Why would you support the DLC practices of the game?
Better question, why would you bother purchasing the DLC of a game with a playerbase that's shrinking hard as time goes by. Especially if he's considering getting this for PC.

my 2 cents on the DLC
-if you like to pilot the new ship maps are just amazing, I loved them;
-the infantry maps are kinda bland but really capture the feel of the movie, still they are the weakest for me so far;
-the DLC seriously need more modes, just battlestation, blast and fighter squadron isn't enough, but I'm 100% they will add capture the cargo and heros vs vilain in the future;
-the new mine is really cool, using it a lot in small maps;
-the new bot is really useless in the sense that it gives you not enough points for what it does, using a bacta bomb to help your team is faster and gives you more points;
-the new weapons are just fucking cool, loved both, the pistol maybe kinda crap but it just feels right to me;
-the new heros are amazing, slamdunking with Chewie is fun as fuck;
-the new mode is my favorite mod ein the game so far, the last fase as the rebels is really fun to play if you don't suck.

since they still decide not to research anything based on what I played it is still ass

just to be clear, all 5 maps are used in battlestation, the 3 infantry maps rotate on the 2nd fase

>Le Orgin xDDD is bad meme
>Wow why are all these devs not taking PC gaming seriously?

I hope you are at least buying Microsoft play anywhere games. Going to stay the niche market at this point and forever be behind consoles.

You should purchase a rope instead and hang yourself for purchasing such a bad game.

I own the game and the only fun I had was when playing Palpatine partly because of the memes and partly because the gameplay of heroes vs villains is better than in BF2.

But that's it.

Oh yeah sorry I forgot that Battle Station just used the entire layout.

>If you want opinion on a DLC from people who actually played the DLC then you must be from reddit!!!
Oh sorry I often forget how this board is for shitposting only.

I haven't purchased the DLC, but I'm interested in getting feedback from people who played it. I'm curious to know how the game changed after one year.

this game in its current state is better than battlefront 1 and 2
I say if you are a star wars fan and can buy it on a sale do it

Can I get this through a mexican prxy or sumshit? Will it work with PIA?

>>the gaming industry didn't even criticize the gameplay, just content
>Guys, the game might have a /bit/ less content than it use to be but the gameplay is good we swear.

>this game in its current state is better than battlefront 1 and 2
Funny since there will still be people playing BF2 when this games servers are closed

Is this a joke?

the game changed a lot in those 10 months, just from the top of my head the changes to the base game:
>3 new big maps for free
>10 game modes
>more weapons and cards
>lots of balance changes
>all cosmetic customization options are free for everyone
>now you can have passive cards in your hands

did they add more vehicle types or are they retarded and still think all that matters is x wing a wings and tie fighters/ bombers

There are Y-Wing/B-Wing/Tie-Bomber pick ups in Battle Station but I actually dont know how they work. I guess you become the thing or it spawns them in as support or it's just a stupid bug.

no, I played a fucking lot of BF1 and BF2 back in the day, both on the PC and on the PS2, and I loved them, but most of the people that still praise the game are riding on nostalgia, the only feature of the original game that is truly missing is the air-to-ground gameplay

I mean, the maps are smaller, the heros are way more bland, infantry heros play just like normal soldiers and lightsaber users all play the same, the differenc ebetween planets are basically the skybox, there is no balance between classes

now, the heros in this game feels amazing to use, is aways a joy to use one and the maps are not only gorgeous, but varied and unique. Each weapon feels unique now and we have a lot of variety when it comes to gameplay customization thanks to the hand system (still we seriously need 3 hands instead of only 2)

I got this game for half the price and the DLC also for half the price, and for that amount of money I can say that I loved it

Most of the hate for this game came from the lack of content and for being casual, but the original game were casual as fuck, this is way deeper than BF1 and BF2, but still, way more casual than battlefield

Except none of those posts complement the game

How much did EA pay you to write that?

Better than most Steam games.

Not fantastic for SW though.

they have added 2 heros ships, Luke's X-wing and Vader's TIE... not much, Luke's ship feels just like the regular X-wing but with regeneration thanks to R2D2, Vader's ship is kinda cool

On the bespin DLC they have added the Bespin flying car which is cool for those maps, but nothing fantastic

They have introduced B-wings, Y-wings, TIE bombers and TIE defenders as pickups, the devs have said that they couldn't make those playable for this DLC so we might get them in the future, who knows?

why? do you think I can ask for more?

Why don't you just try to refute what I have said so we can have a discussion?

got it they are retards

kek I'm not discussing something with someone who purchases bad games

Why can't fucking anyone on Cred Forums understand that some people have different opinions. And enough with the fucking shill meme no one fucking cares enough about this website to pay for them to advertise shit on it when. This board is completely filled with edgy teenagers. No one loves you Cred Forums

The pickups spawn ai controlled fighters at your position. It's pretty disappointing desu

Their opinions don't coincide with mine and actively help bad companies gain profit so they're wrong and deserve to be mocked

Yeah I just read about that ... wish we could fly a Y-Wing down in the trench or something.

so you will stop posting on Cred Forums? Good

It's dlc, so no.

Wait...

You're actually considering supporting them in releasing only a partial amount of the game, then later selling you the rest?

The gameplay is also shit. Half automatic and too simple.

the flying is shit

If you like the game it's kind of worth the money. I bought the season pass, and I've liked all the content they've put out. But there's a lot to consider.

First:
>I haven't played the game in 8 months and it was terrible don't waste your time.
The game has changed a lot since then. There's way more content, and DICE has committed to tweaking the game and listening to people for ideas. Just play the game and see for yourself.

Second:
If you enjoy putting time in the game, you'll probably enjoy putting time in the expansion and it will be worth your time. If you pick up the standard game and don't like it, then you're not gonna like the DLC. Don't expect a miracle.

Third:
It's about 60% piloting. I didn't really like piloting before this expansion, but they actually put some solid objectives in the flying modes, and the trench run is actually extremely fun. But don't expect a bunch of ground combat and be disappointed if you buy the DLC. Even with the improved flight games a lot of people don't like it so don't waste your money if you think it won't be fun.

Last:
If you like the environments, They nailed it with this. The death star looks like it should, and the view out the window is dope.

Again I like this game a lot and most people think it sucks. And it's not really alive if you have it on PC. Still I think that this is a good addition, especially if you have the Season Pass.

No, only shills will tell you otherwise

git gud.

they have changed how the flying plays in this game, no more eternal autolock

I bought the game with season pass a few days ago. I feel a bit dirty for supporting EA's shitty practices, but I can't help being a filthy Star Wars fanboy.

so, just like every shooter in the last 6 years except from doom? got it

Only shills will tell you its good or they like it, either that or people with terrible taste overall

>vehicle powerups
>hero powerups
>no communication

One thing I really liked about BF1/2 is that the maps were clearly designed with chokepoints and fronts where you and all your friends would slowly push towards the objective.

Battlefront is pretty, yes, but for all it's open space it often feels like everyone is running around willy nilly, every shootout muh COD 1v1

Do you really think power up for heros is a bad decision? its the best thing they could do with this idea, whats better? to give hero to the top player in a game like this?

I DID THE SAME THING. no ragrets

nostalgia is a hell of a drug... also nice trips

I agree with this statement. I really fucking want Droids back tho.

>fase

Well, the one thing I liked about hero units in BF1&2 is that they weren't these slow, superpowered killing machines. They were good because they could cross the map and go behind/over enemy lines with incredible speed, capping undefended points and drawing troops this way and that. As glass cannons, you have to carefully manage what you do and who you engage. If you wade into thick engagements, you're pretty much dead. This, in opposition to Battlefront where you're either an unstoppable death turret or a garbage slow CQC bullseye

In this way, people who got the jedi promotion were usually semi-competent, decent players, zipping around, capping, and harassing, instead of
">Lord Vader has joined the battle!"
>">Lord Vader has left the battle"
or
>"Boba Fett has joined the battle!"
>hear no more from him
>lose
>turns out he just fucked off to some mountain to rack up a hundred kills without pushing objectives

>Battlefront is pretty, yes, but for all it's open space it often feels like everyone is running around willy nilly, every shootout muh COD 1v1

I think that depends a bit on the mode and the map. In Walker Assault it's often like that, but the control point modes feel more focused to me.

One thing I do kinda hate is how there is only one ground vehicle (AT-AT is just a moving turret and the speederbike is useless). I know that's what it was like in the movie, but some variety would've been good.

lol did we play the same game?
>they weren't these slow, superpowered killing machines.
>slow
Greedo, Luke, Bossk and Boba are extremely fast
youtube.com/watch?v=4p8Xzye1qbc
youtube.com/watch?v=8l8IoD1vVOs

Vader, Dengar and Chewbacca are slow, but they are supposed to be that way

>They were good because they could cross the map and go behind/over enemy lines with incredible speed, capping undefended points and drawing troops this way and that
This is exactly what Luke is does in this game

Almost every hero serves a purpose, Leia is great at defending points, so is Palpatine. Lando, Han and Nien Nunb are great at sniping people, Vader is great at clearing small choke points, so is Dengar and Chewbacca

In older game almost every hero felt the same, in this game everyone is unique and fun to use

Its mostly because AT-ST is the only ground vehicle in the OT with the exception of the hovercraft and the hoverbike
We do get t use the hoverbike but they are in only one level and kinda clunky to use

>Having """""""""""Battlefront""""""""""" in the first place

>Everybody is choosing Chewy and Han on the DLC
>Nobody is picking the better Lando and Nien Nunb duo

youtube.com/watch?v=5DxDZUpmbgQ

fucking scrubs

PC still has access to Battlefront II which is objectively superior than Battlefront in every way except graphics.

>worst heros
>worst maps
>worst weapons

yeah boy, not really

>PC gaming is a joke for MP games that arent good

FTFY. Sorry we dont eat shit. Every battlefield but Hardline are still stronger than the console versions btw.

Tell that to the dwindling/dead player base you got

you sure?
bf4stats.com/

swbstats.com
not on xbone and ps4
also
>popular equals better
man, come on, put a little effort

I got the game for 9 dollars out of a redbox on PS4.

I've had a fuckin' rad time especially coming from Overwatch. I get to just boop in and shoot with 19 other niggers on my team. I am not a significant part.

But when I play a little more serious, it's nice to compete with the scoreboard rather than teams. Not hard to top the scoreboard on both teams.

But fucking holy HELL if they want 60 dollars for the season pass!

it was 50% off last week, still is if you are european

Goddamnit
30 dollars is...

is...

They'll do it again... right?

>mfw got the ultimate edition for $39 on Saturday

maybe, I got for 30% off in july, maybe in two months

If I can get the season pass for 50%, I'll be able to match you fampai

I got the game for free and I still want a refund.

But good on you that you enjoy it, I guess.