Playing FO: New Vegas:

Playing FO: New Vegas:

> 9mm pistol has more dmg/dps than laser

Shouldn't energy weapons, since they are more sophisticated and more difficult to make be better than regular guns?

What's the point of shooting lasers when a bullet does the job better?

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_cell_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the laser pistol has a higher firing rate, less spread, more ammo capacity and does more damage to flesh targets than a crappy 9mm

this. laser has an inherent -5 DT on each hit or something.

the laser musket you get at the very beginning of the game is the most powerful non-explosive weapon in the entire game when you up it to a 4 crank. Ties a rocket lawnchair with 6 cranks.

Do you even read peoples posts before you reply?

Wrong game.

>New Vegas
>Laser Musket
Smh desu senpai

No shut up, it's fine.

Yeah, same with the power armor you find and the mini gun is good but you use up all the ammo at the deathchoad.

I never use laser/plasma weapons in Fallout

Am I playing it wrong?

I never use them either becuase i get the feeling they make the game a little too easy

Besides, making things blow up or enjoying the sweet sound of a .357 is better for me

No, it's an RPG, you play it anyway you want.

Unless you're some sort of minmaxing faggot, then yes, you are playing it wrong.

No? it's a thing called having choice, energy weapons have less variety and ammo availability compared to old fashioned bullets.

Pistol 9mm has higher dps. Does it get a bonus not shown in the wiki?

Nothing about dps there, just a slight higher crit ration.

nah new vegas had some pretty kick ass bullet guns. All the others from 1 to 4 I felt energy weapons were upgrades from bullet for endgame.

I used a varmint rifle through 90% of New Vegas right up until I got the anti material rifle, I modded the shit out of that varmint with scopes and silencers, I don't really like sci fi weaponry

firing rate is not dps

What about flesh damage?

They didn't want to offend the 9mm audience I guess

It's not on the laser pistol page its on the energy cell page: fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_cell_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)

Energy cell, max charge have -10 DR

Full crit build was my favorite out of my 10 playthroughs

Discover the gauss rifle user

It convinced me to switch to energy

> using special ammo

And guns have piercing bullets.

Post build.

Boones hat with the crit, Joshua Graham's armor with crit, any guns with crit bonuses, Light Shining in Darkness is good, as much Agility and Luck as you can get. And take all the crit perks and move speed perks. Should be able to kill almost anything with 1 mag

You're playing it right.