Friendly reminder that if you cant FC or near FC songs on the hardest difficulties in rhythm games youre a casual...

Friendly reminder that if you cant FC or near FC songs on the hardest difficulties in rhythm games youre a casual shitter

If you cant pull off good combos in high levels of play in fighting games youre a casual shitter

If you cant 1cc shmups youre a casual shitter

Playing singleplayer games without a means to compare how well you did via a leaderboard and not making it on said leaderboards make you a casual shitter

Beating a souls game with its rinse and repeat nature still means youre a casual shitter

So remember to have fun playing vidya cuz 99% of you are casual shitters regardless of how you justify it...myself included

Prove me wrong by timestamping your achievements

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OEHLjwMa9i0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Prove me wrong by timestamping your achievements

I have no idea what anything in the OP means.

Video games are pretty fun, though.

>So remember to have fun playing vidya cuz 99% of you are casual shitters regardless of how you justify it...myself included
>myself included
Just because ive beaten a souls game doesnt make me less of a shitter or you either

Thats the point user have fun because everyone but a few lurkers on this board or any game discussion site are casual shitters

Prove me wrong and play a physically demanding rhythm game like DDR or PIU, ya fatass.

>IF YOU AREN'T A TURBO AUTIST YOU AREN'T A REAL GAMER XD
Fuck you.

It just means youre a casual user, everyone on this board is
Myself included. best i can do is get expert passes on project diva and GH
I havent played guitar hero in forver though so i probably cant anymore

You don't understand what "casual gamer" and "hardcore gamer" mean. I suggest, I dunno, googling it. Those aren't marks of shame or badges of honor, but more like a measure of time and money you invest in that hobby.

>if you cant FC or near FC songs on the hardest difficulties in rhythm games youre a casual shitter
>Beating a souls game with its rinse and repeat nature still means youre a casual shitter
That kinda contradicts itself. If you wanted to be extreme, you should have said "if you can't FC maps on sightread" or " consistently FC using random modifier."

Also, combos in a fighting game mean literally nothing if you don't have fundamentals. Saying "in a high level of play" also makes no sense because even at that level people often don't have 100% optimal confirms.

I am a casual shitter and I feel good with it.

I play rhythm games on Easy / Normal.

Best I can do in fighting games is spam one stunlock attack.

I can't even finish most shmups.

I don't even like most multiplayer games.

Only Souls games I ever beaten is DaS and BB.

But I am having fun and that's what counts, I don't give a fuck about anything else.

So there's nothing to prove.

I can invest hundreds of thousands into a car, that doesnt make me a racer
I can have over 200 hours clocked in on Street figher and only win every couple matches
I can play forza and never set times on leaderboards no matter how many years i play
I can spend a decent ammount on a rig and learn to play mouse and keyboard but still only manage a handful of wins in any FPS
Yes that makes me a casual, no matter how much time and money i spend doesnt change that fact. But its okay user everybody on this board but a few lurkers are casual as fuck, no ammount of souls games will change that

You are literally confusing definitions. An equivalent to racer would be a professional esports player. If you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a racing car, you are a hardcore racing enthusiast. A casual equivalent would be watching NASCAR on TV.

Thats the point of the thread user, ive apparently triggered some "muh hardcore gaymurz" though
500 retries to FC something would obviously make you a shitter unless the song is seriously that hard
And most tournaments arent played using third world country wifi user

Beinga casual or hardcore has nothing to do with one's skill. Being "hardcore" means you put a lot of time and have some knowledge on videogames, and that you have played a lot of videogames. Casual players don't invest more than 2 hours a day, only play 1 or 2 genres, usually stick with a couple of games, like LoL and CSGO, and have little knowledge of other games outside of those, but they can be pretty skilled, they just don't care.

>enthusiast
Still doesnt mean im a hardcore racer user
Just like spending money on games makes you an enthusiast not a hardcore gaymur

Honestly I'm not sure if you are genuinely this stupid or just "trolling", and arguments about definitions are my least favorite ones, so I'll just call you a retard and stop replying. Have a nice day!

>you offended my harcore gamer title so youre retarded
t. Casual

I've FC'd a bunch of songs on rhythm games on the hardest difficulties (DDR, IIDX, Pop'n Music, that Final Fantasy game on DS, even Mai Mai in OP's pic), I'm not that great at fighters, I've 1cc'd a few shmups (Perfect Cherry Blossom on Lunatic, Mushihime on Maniac, ESP Galuda), and ranked really high on some leaderboards, but honestly - I hate being around people like me. Playing DDR/ITG at high levels attract some of the most douchebaggy people I've ever met Wow, he got a great on Max 300? What a fucking faggot., I only know of one friend that's into shmups and he's the most elitist fuck I've ever met, I don't think I even need to describe the FGC here. I've honestly never met any speedrunners in person, but with the exception of certain "infamous" runners, I actually don't doubt they're decent people. Everyone else can go die though.

tl;dr - Even as someone that's apparently considered "hardcore", I fucking hate the majority of people that fit under this category.

Just have fun user thats what vidya are supposed to be
But i mean when the only thing people have in their lives is how good they are at games its no wonder why top players in any communities are so shit IRL

If you took 500 tries to FC something, but still managed to do it, that makes you dedicated. It's also irrelevant, because you're completely ignoring the time it took the person to get the point where they're able to even make FC attempts on a song.

Your argument makes it sound like you aren't really that well versed in FGs. Even at the toppest level of play it's not uncommon to see something like a 5A CH not converted, or converted late leading into an unoptimal combo. Scramble situations also lead to requiring conversions from awkward hits, and those are almost never optimized combos. According to your definition, that would make those players casuals.
In a more mainstream example: even fucking Sako, who is renowned for his execution, was not 100% consistent with his E.Ryu combos.

Every community is going to have its shit heads. I can't really comment on the community as a whole because I ignore it, but rhythm threads here are usually really chill.
The FGC (the actual community, not netplay monsters who think they're hot shit) are surprisingly helpful, and even on netplay you'll usually find people are willing to help you out. They have a really negative reputation, for some reason.
Speedrunning is a really mixed bag, due its recent blowup in popularity, but people are usually nice to hang out with and more than willing to help if you want to learn a game they know.
Not a danmaku fan, so I can't comment on them at all.

Well if youre trying maybe 5-10 times a day and finally get it after 500 tries is pretty good
But if youre doing 500 tries back to back at what point is it just muscle memory and not so much raw skill anymore. Im gonna use cosmo during the nintendo championship as an example, how does he manage to have a good speedrun in Super Mario 64 but cant even manage wall jumps when hes playing a course hes never touched before?
Memorizing the periodic table doesnt make you a chemist

Oh I know user, it's just weird when you can't really find anyone to talk to about vidya in person, not just online without it being an e-penis competition, or having to select what days to go to the arcade to play rhythm games so that you won't be around people like that.

Fair enough. I feel like the players here on my side of the US tend to be really elitist, but maybe that's just my experience. I've only been to a few tournaments, and man it's made me realize how much I hate the rhythm game community.

I definitely agree with the speedrunning bit though. Before streaming became a thing, I remember asking a few runners on SDA for help, and they really came through. Just never met any of them or like-minded runners in person.

>FC
>FGs
>5A CH

What in gods name are you faggots talking about

I used to be the second highest ranked Taiga player in dengeki bunko. That's probably the best achievement I've had in competitive games.

Whether you're doing 500 tries in a day or 5-10 attempts a day, it all boils down to memory and execution. Some rhythm games take a lot of practice to get really good at, but there's a very low skill dynamic. That doesn't make good performances in them any less impressive, of course, it's the same thing with most speedruns.

Most people who go for extended attempts of FCs or WRs tell you it's better to do short bursts, anyway. It's easy to get frustrated or go into autopilot if you do too many attempts back to back.

FC is a full combo -- finishing a song in a rhythm game without dropping a note.
FG is fighting game.
5A is notation for a move, and CH is a counter hit.

From my experience, most people at the very top of a rhythm aren't really good at games in general.

Take Cookiezi for example, he can't even play 3D games because he gets motion sick

The penis measuring is always fun when youre better though. There were 3 friends circle jerkong over getting difficult passes and they basically laughed when i didnt tryhard
20 minutes later i made $200 dollars thanks to their confidence. Burst the gravity is my new favorite song now

Are you a bad enough dude to hit 15 notes a second?

youtube.com/watch?v=OEHLjwMa9i0

>You will never not be a casual
I dont care that it isnt fun and that Im not missing out on anything. I just want to know what being elite feels like.

But cookiezi is apparently god tier at starcraft as well according to niko. He just cant play FPS
Also 800 PP holy shit

M2k hailine recedes everytime he loses so youre definitely not missing out on much